RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

Confirmation from Calum.

Peacefully passed away at 3.23 this morning.

RIP mate - you WILL be missed.

RIP from a Mill regular

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts gamesh home or away will be just a wee bit quieter without you wee man.

Here's hoping there's a Hearts section in the sky and if there isn't I'm sure you'll start one.

I didn't know Sinky, but knew of him from various Hearts away games.

I think i love HMFC as much as the next man / woman on this forum, but sometimes you just have to be in awe of the dedication, passion and love Sinky must have had for our club.

RIP Sinky.

[font="Arial

The wee man will be sorely missed by all his jambo and royal mail family, he had the heart of a lion to fight this terrible disease. His strength was staggering beyond belief but in true sinky style he fought it with dignity and humour and a few tennents.The mail centre will be silent without his antics on a daily basis they broke the mould when this bright star was born he light up all our lives one way or another.I had the priveledge to be at the wee mans birthday party along with a few of his colleagues from work what a day he had , special thanks must go to Ian and Callum for the way thewy looked after him true friends to the end. Gone but no way will we ever forget this character who drove us all mad with his crap jokes his non stop singing , I think i could speak for all his colleagues that we all loved him because he was so charismatic,cheery and the best wind up merchant the mail centre ever had R.I.P SINKY you will always be in our hearts.

Sad news to start the week.

RIP Sinky, glad you got to see us beat the Hibs and Celtic before you passed

heartgarfunkel

Sad news, condolences and respect to all who supported him to the end. Didnae ken the wee man but it's easy to tell from this thread that he had the heart of a lion. RIP.

Very sad news, but never mind what memories he's left with all of you... What about what memories he left with?

VIP treatment from the club he loved and two wins over the Hibs and Celts. Well done to those who made his last days so memorable.

One Sunday night in the Wheatsheaf after being through at Ibrox the bouncers got a bit heavy handed trying to throw out someone

for being a bit worse for wear. Wee Sinky tried his best to get invloved by climbing on top of a bar stool so he could hit the bouncers

and promptly fell off.

RIP Wee Man one of lifes true characters

We Can But Worry

One Sunday night in the Wheatsheaf after being through at Ibrox the bouncers got a bit heavy handed trying to throw out someone

for being a bit worse for wear. Wee Sinky tried his best to get invloved by climbing on top of a bar stool so he could hit the bouncers

and promptly fell off.

I can just picture that! Bet the bouncer caught him before turfing him out! Lol.

Santa will be one little helper down this year - or will he.......

Sinky brought a lot of happiness into a lot of our lives and will be sadly missed by all who knew him. I'd like to share a classic Sinky moment.

I was on a number 35 bus on my way home from the bowling club one sunday night. The bus pulled up at the stop at the corn exchange, there was a slightly merry Sinky at the bus stop. After enquiring about the driver's health the wee man got on the bus. I was sitting near the back and he noticed me and came up and sat beside me.

At the next stop a colleague of Sinky's (who was obviously on his way to start a night shift) got on, and noticing that the wee man had had a few sherberts, decided to sit near the front. If he thought that Sinky wouldn't spot him he was sadly mistaken.

He immediatly shouted out the guy's name and then the inevitable Sinky banter kicked in. Of course the bloke was completely sober and no match for a half piised Sinky and as a result wasn't really in the mood for Sinky's wit and wisdom, so he made a comment to the wee man questioning his work ethic. Sinky's retort was one of the best one liners i've ever heard and had the whole of the bottom deck in fits of laughter...

"I dinnae go into the mail centre to work, I just turn up to make the place look beautiful."

Asked to post this from a workmate of Sinky's.

wee sinky was the equivilent of our mick mcgee..may him and mick have a good banter about the hibs and hearts..but they will defo have a good drink together..r.i.p. sinky..fi your hibby pal adam mc..will miss you loads wee man x

Rewind back about 3 years ago, was having a few post match ales in the CSR. We decided to pop into Robbos on the way home before last orders. Only 3 people in, me the missus and Sinky. He came up and started talking to us unannounced (can't remember the fine details). He heard the girlfriend's accent and said, "You're English aren't you. I hate the English. I like you though!!"

In any other situation, the other half would have brained someone for saying that, but she just pissed herself laughing and gave him a big hug and kiss. She found him charming.........

What a character.

Sinky's FUNeral will be at Mortonhall crematorium on Monday 6th December,at 3.15pm.Needless to say,it is a Maroon & White event (no black)His choice of music is interesting to say the least..... :whistling:

Sinky's FUNeral will be at Mortonhall crematorium on Monday 6th December,at 3.15pm.Needless to say,it is a Maroon & White event (no black)His choice of music is interesting to say the least..... :whistling:

Geez a music clue :ninja:

Fond Memories of a Real Character

Watch down over us with every game we play, you will be forever in our Hearts

Just found out the news from my son.

Fcuk in gutted.

speedbumb ,callum , and all his mates Respect to you all.

RIP Sinky.

The question I'm wondering, which is a true testament to Sinky as a person, do you reckon they'll be able to fit everyone in?

The question I'm wondering, which is a true testament to Sinky as a person, do you reckon they'll be able to fit everyone in?

The crematorium seats 250, there will a couple of reserved pews (Marie Curie,relatives,etc)if it does fill,there is standing area at the back.The post funeral reception is in the Gorgie suite,that will be interesting !!

I'd love it if we did get a full house for the wee man.

Footballfirst

Callum - I've added a notice for Sinky's funeral on the HYDC website.

i won't be able to make it to the funeral as i won't be able to get time off work, but i'll definitely come along to the gorgie to raise a wee glass to the wee man

williamgerrard

Does anyone know if hearts are sending any players to the funeral and what music will be played on the day. anyway theres only 1 sinky hes a true legend rip we man

RIP Sinky! Never forget them time at Tannadice where he was roaring at miko to come over and sign a programme for a wee boy....Eventually he did and sinky made everbody give Miko a round of appluase before he went away to warm up again!! Gem of a guy! GORGIE RULES

Top man and top company.He will be missed by all in tynecastle and around gorgie more than he would ever know! Good for a laugh even during bad times for us, even better during frequent good times. RIP wee man

I will unfortunately not make it as I am in Sydney. The last time I seen the wee man was up at the hospital just before I left.

He was laughing and joking away we were all in histerics, Following Hearts will never be the same without the him.

I plan on spending saturday night here getting wasted and singing Hearts songs just like he would have wanted!

RIP Sinky, we will all miss you.

A great Jambo.I first met him when he was postie in Colinton village and we got talking about the jambos. Used to see him in Wheatfield stand a lot and love the craic. RIP

RIP wee man!! A great follower who enjoyed going to the matches with passion and a few sherries down the throat! Great memories of him more so a late night walk down Dalry Rd pelting out the Hearts song together! Supported the team the way a lot of other fans should.You'll be missed immensly wee man!!

chester copperpot

R.I.P wee fella,

Although I never knew you, I had the fortune (and sometimes misfortune) of meeting you at a few grounds over the years.

The memory I had was at Stranraer a few seasons ago when you were standing beside me and started harrasing all around you for not trying to sing.

Always a live wire and without doubt, one of the biggest Hearts fans you will ever meet.

Some may have questioned your politics/beliefs, but the fact you didn't waver in the support of our beloved club will hold you up in high regard for years to come.

Rest in peace wee man, god bless.

Doctor FinnBarr

R.I.P wee fella,

Although I never knew you, I had the fortune (and sometimes misfortune) of meeting you at a few grounds over the years.

The memory I had was at Stranraer a few seasons ago when you were standing beside me and started harrasing all around you for not trying to sing.

Always a live wire and without doubt, one of the biggest Hearts fans you will ever meet.

Some may have questioned your politics/beliefs, but the fact you didn't waver in the support of our beloved club will hold you up in high regard for years to come.

Rest in peace wee man, god bless.

Well said Andy

chester copperpot

Thanks Craig, Wee sinky will be loving reading this thread from his maroon Hearts bed in the sky.

Not a lot can be said that others haven't already said on this thread.

A man that just literely breathed Heart of Midlothian Football Club and the Hearts Family have lost a truely unique supporter.

Not everyone knew him personally, but most knew either of him or tales about his escepades which is testament to the man himself.

There will never be another like him and i feel genuinly sad i'll never hear his dulsit tones at Tynie again, but i'll always remember him and how when even the team wasnt doing it he was always there in the background lighting up Tynie.

Thanks for the memories Sinclair R.I.P Wee Man

Droid

(sorry for the spelling had a few?)

Archived