The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Gangster Squad 8/10 it was enjoyable Gosling was not as bad as some have made out Sean Penn played the bad guy really well. Enjoyable film.

Been working through my boxsets.

Final Destination. Still a great premise, had forgotten it was a young dark-haired Ali Larter <3 as the co-lead. Some good deaths. 7/10

Final Destination 2. One of the best pile-ups ever filmed, all pre cgi as well. Ali Larter even hotter, and some nasty deaths. 7/10

Final Destination 3. So tongue in cheek with it, it's very amusing. The main set-piece maybe not as good as the pile-up or airplane crash, but the deaths are twisted and hilarious at turns (that bit in the sunbed studio is v funny). And Mary Elizabeth Winstead is the lead. 7/10

Best bits of all the films are when Tony Todd, as the coroner, turns up in each and acts all spooky telling them how Death is stalking them, complete with knowing nod to the camera of just how preposterous his character his. :D

Victor Mancini

The Liability - 2/10

god i cant believe a film with Tim Roth and Peter Mullan could be so bad!

the storyline involves sex trafficking and an english girl doing the worst eastern european accent ever says "vladmieeeeeer sell her to sergaaaaaay and sergaaaaay sell her to daneeeeeel and daneeeeeel sell her to engleeeeeesh man so you must know where is she" honestly it makes a mockery of such a horrible thing to happen the way that scene is acted out

rudi must stay

The Game

90's psychological thriller starring Michael Douglas and Sean Penn, directed by David Fincher. Very clever movie, well worth a watch

8/10

Napoleon  Wilson

Can anyone recommend a shit scary horror/ghost story film please? I watched that VHS and was rather disappointed.

JamboCampbell

Wee man. 7/10

Decent and worth a watch! Mad to think how things have changed!

Zero Dark Thirty. 8/10

Class but too long and dragged out and i suppose its a bugger that you know the ending before you have watched it!

Warrior 9/10 - I realise I'm probably late to the party with this but just watched this and its brilliant. Tom Hardy is some actor, the last fight about had me going as well :sob:

If you've not seen it, I can't recommend it enough.

rudi must stay

Inside Man - a film about a bank robbery directed by Spike Lee. Very good, it has a smart story and some quirky moments, which i didn't expect, as you don't usually get them in this sort of movie 9/10

Flight - another great movie out just now. Denzel Washington may be a good outside bet for the Oscar 10/10

Victor Mancini

Can anyone recommend a shit scary horror/ghost story film please? I watched that VHS and was rather disappointed.

i dont watch many horrors but the last decent one i saw was a few years back called "session 9" ive seen VHS and it wasnt what i expected,

"Sinister" has its jumpy moments if you can buy into the story

Napoleon  Wilson

i dont watch many horrors but the last decent one i saw was a few years back called "session 9" ive seen VHS and it wasnt what i expected,

"Sinister" has its jumpy moments if you can buy into the story

Thanks mate, I'll have a look out for session 9.

telford_jambo84

Django unchained 10/10. Dicaprio and waltz steal the show as well as Samuel Jackson putting in a rather impressive shift. Great soundtrack too. Well worth the wait. Overall thoughts:

:pleasing:

:yas:

Skyfall 10/10

Watched it again and still thought it was absolutely brilliant.Cant wait until the next one and Daniel Craig has just become the perfect Bond.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Wreck-it Ralph - very inventive, and very entertaining. Goes a tad "disney" at the end, as expected, but John C Reilly & in particular Jane Lynch do brilliant voice work.

Bullet To The Head - screenplay is patchy, but there's some nice violence in this Stallone shoot-em-up. Nice scrap at the end too, and the guy who played Khal Drogo in Game of Thrones makes a brilliant baddie - very charismatic and looks like he can handle himself in a fight.

Wreck-It Ralph 6/10

Pretty meh effort.Could have been great but by the time it gets to Sugarland or whatever it was called it was all downhill.

Guest GhostHunter

The ABC's Of Death.

I defy anyone to make it through the entire movie.

Brutal not because of how bad it is, but because of the content....I feel dirty.

Not scoring it because ... W is most definitely for WTF

Watched 3 films last night via cinema, DVD and TV respectively:

Flight - 8/10

Taken - 7/10

Porky's - 7/10

Edited by kirkwood69

Wreck-It Ralph 6/10

Pretty meh effort.Could have been great but by the time it gets to Sugarland or whatever it was called it was all downhill.

Agreed. Started off well with some great 80s references but all the sugar land stuff was a bit, ahem, saccharine! John C Reillys great in everything though, even kids films. 6/10

Sexton Hardcastle

The Grey 5/10

Pretty shite. Thats all I will say.

Impossible 8/10

Pretty decent. Good to get some kind of insight to what it would have been like.

There Must Be A Place - quirky road movie with Sean Penn looking like Robert Smith. He was annoying though (Penn not Smith). 6/10

The French Connection - classic cop thriller based on a true story. Gene Hackman is class as always. 8/10

Edited by Zico

Super 8 - recommended by my brother, I wont be listening to him again, some weird kids running round making a film in the 70s, train crashes, alien escapes. Only good things is Coach Taylor's in it and one of the boys' big sister is decent - 4/10

Edited by rossthejambo

rudi must stay

Argo - pretty good. It has some very effective climatic moments that geniunely worked, well they did for me anyway 7/10

Wreck It Ralph - it is brilliant. Not one for the kids though, even I can't out my head some of the characters. They are quite scary

10/10