The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Mugabe and the White African.

7/10

Documentary following the story of a white family who refuse to leave their farm as Mugabe's government tries to muscle them off their land. Pretty shan, although it could perhaps have gone in to a little bit of Zimbabwe's history and what led Mugabe to develop his attitude towards white land owners in Zimbabwe.

Guest GhostHunter

Really? Thought it was worse than pish.

I'm a closet conspiracy/ufo goon - I just don't like posting long quoted pieces on the board.

:P

Gregory House M.D.

I'm a closet conspiracy/ufo goon - I just don't like posting long quoted pieces on the board.

:P

Fair play if that's what you're in to. :)

I basically thought it was an extremely poor film because you just know it could never ever happen in a million years. The film might've had a bit more impact if the signs of the invasion been more personal to the viewers. Thought it was very comedy like as well and that outwith the first bird hitting the window the film was completely devoid of any scares whatsoever.

Anyway, The Tourist 9/10. Loved it.

Oslo

6.5/10

A day in the life of a recovering drug addict. Third depressing film I've watched in a row. I need to make the next film I watch a comedy.

Shanks said no

The Sapphires

7/10

Aussie film about four young Aboriginal sisters who can sing. Was promising and Chris O'Dowd from Moone Bhoy starred. Tailed off a bit but the ladies liked it.

Shanks said no

Taken 2

5/10

Huge disappointment after liking the first film. Very much a remake with very few ideas. Only good if you like a high kill count

Victor Mancini

Spring Breakers

a very involving film that has real style

10/10

im hopefully going to see this at the weekend i cant wait!

Sterling Archer

Like Crazy - 7/10

Uncomfortable film about a couple that are kept apart by visa troubles. Good performances but I'd struggle to say it was enjoyable.

rudi must stay

Silver Linings Playbook

Seen better films, but just like The Fighter, the director has made a movie that definatly keeps you interested right until the very end

7/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Chris Benoit

Silver Linings Playbook

Seen better films, but just like The Fighter, the director has made a movie that definatly keeps you interested right until the very end

7/10

I really enjoyed it, much more than I expected to after seeing the trailer. Typical chick flick premise but the story, script and performances dragged it up.

8/10 for me

Just watched 'The Greatest Game Ever Played'

True story. Nice feel good factor to it.

8/10.

Say What Again

Chernobyl Diaries 4/10

The trailer made it look not bad, and the concept was decent enough. Failed to deliver though.

It probably didn't help that about half the film is shot in pitch darkness and I'd no idea what was going on :P

Blue Valentine 7/10

Can't say it was enjoyable as such, as it's about a couple's marriage falling apart, but the performances were pretty strong.

Ted 1/10 - Absolute crap. About as funny as a kick in the nuts. 95 minutes of my life thst I'll never get back.

Disser Pointon

on the recommendations above I watched sightseers......can't make my mind up whether I enjoyed it or not, bit strange!

rudi must stay

Place Beyond The Pines

excellent, highly recommend this film to anyone

10/10

Visioneers

a good comedy, it has some great comic moments and very funny performances. Recommend it

7/10

...a bit disco

on the recommendations above I watched sightseers......can't make my mind up whether I enjoyed it or not, bit strange!

You want strange? I give you...

John Dies At The End (2012)

Can't decide wether it's 3/10 or 8/10.

Shanks said no

Sightseeing

8.5/10

If you have a sick sense of humour like me then you will like this, probably better after a couple of drinks. A movie that attracts you to caravanning!

Guest GhostHunter

Sightseers - was going to avoid this until I read a review online.

Very dark humour, if indeed you can call it humour - don't remember laughing, chuckling or sniggering at any point, on the plus side, I never saw the ending coming.

Very unsure about a score - so I'll play it safe, 6/10.

Trance - I've heard it took a bit of a battering from the critics (maybe I've heard wrong?) but me and my son both enjoyed it. 7.43/10

Something From Nothing: The Art Of Rap - documentary about hip-hop, directed by Ice-T. He's a bit of a mallet but the film is pretty good and has some great freestyling by Q-Tip, KRS One, Eminem etc. Not for the casual viewer but well worth watching if you like hip-hop (although not as good as the brilliant Scratch). 7/10

I've seen two Tom Cruise films in the past week.

Oblivion 2.5/10

Really didn't like it, full of plot holes and what is, I think, meant to be a tense, atmospheric drama just looked silly.

Jack Reacher 8/10

I'm a sucker for a good action movie and I thought the story and the script for this were excellent. I loved Jack Reacher's character and I'm going to have to read the books now.

However, Tom Cruise...utter toley. I used to like him, he was never a great actor, but he was a great movie star, I could not be more disappointed in him. He was rubbish in both films. The power he has though, I'm not sure either film would have been made if it wasn't for him, I believe he loves the Jack Reacher novels and because Tron:Legacy had a very mediocre reception I don't think the writer/director of Oblivion would have got the green light without the big name attachment (Kosinski is limited, or perhaps just developing his talent)

I don't think any other actor could have saved Oblivion, but Cruise was the weakest thing about Jack Reacher.

Jambos_1874

End of Watch

7.5/10

Shot in a very similar style to Southland...if you are a fan of that series give this a watch.

Saw that fairly recently. Definitely worth seeing.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Jambos_1874

Just saw the Shawshank Redemption again (for about the 20th time). Easily one of the best films I've ever seen. 9.5/10.

Just saw the Shawshank Redemption again (for about the 20th time). Easily one of the best films I've ever seen. 9.5/10.

Andy Dufresne crawled for 500 yards through shit smelling foulness I can't even begin to imagine. (That's the length of five football fields btw)

Why'd he bother shining those shoes to a high polish?

Shanks said no

McCullin

7/10

Documentary about a still photographer. Unsure what to make of it. McCullin had what I would describe as a poker face, no emotion showing. Until you got into it and heard him tell what he had seen in his working life you didn't realise why. Lets just say that they say soldiers who liberated Auchwitz etc had this with them forever. This guy saw death, war and famine again and again. He had probably seen more horror than was good for him.

Jambos_1874

Andy Dufresne crawled for 500 yards through shit smelling foulness I can't even begin to imagine. (That's the length of five football fields btw)

Why'd he bother shining those shoes to a high polish?

Didn't he put them in the plastic bag that he tied to his ankle?

In my opinion, there are only a handful of films that merit a 10/10 rating.

The Shawshank Redemption is one of them.

maroonlegions

Being a horror /Sci-fi goon ,not bad, seen better though.6/10.

The Dark Sleep

The Dark Sleep: The Dark Sleep is a new horror film depicting a nightmarish journey into another dimension when a young woman discovers the remnants of an ancient cult beneath her house.

2739193_The_Dark_Sleep.jpg

• Currently 2.19/5

(21 votes)

Released: November 06, 2012 Genres: Horror Countries: USA Director: Brett Piper Actors: No Famous Actors Soundtrack: Click here to check

Shanks said no

Skyfall

4/10

I just can't get JB films these days.

The only thing about the film that blew me away was Hashima, the Island in the film, its a real place!

Victor Mancini

the incredible burt wonderstone 5/10

film about a pair of magicians who fall out when there stage act becomes old hat,

few good laughs especially james gandolfini and jim carrey's character, imo this film probably would've fared better if they got will ferrell to play the lead instead of steve carrell who i don't find funny, saying that i'm not keen on jim carrey but he's good in this.

Gregory House M.D.

Place Beyond The Pines

excellent, highly recommend this film to anyone

10/10

Visioneers

a good comedy, it has some great comic moments and very funny performances. Recommend it

7/10

Place beyond the Pines for me- 2/10. Absolutely awful and onlu saved from a 0 or 1 by decent performances from Gosling and Cooper.

Film was terribly put together to the point it felt like two entirely seperate films.

Cheesy, predictable ending and every twist could be seen coming a mile away.

140 minutes I'll never get back.

rudi must stay

Place beyond the Pines for me- 2/10. Absolutely awful and onlu saved from a 0 or 1 by decent performances from Gosling and Cooper.

Film was terribly put together to the point it felt like two entirely seperate films.

Cheesy, predictable ending and every twist could be seen coming a mile away.

140 minutes I'll never get back.

could it? So Ryan Gosling (bit of a plot spoiler here) dying, you saw coming. Cos I never did, I think you're being harsh on a very good film. But everyone's got different opinions about things I guess

Maybe use the spoiler tags next time, yeah?

With the word dying coming directly after the words "bit of a plot spoiler here" you can't help but see it.

I quite liked it but at times it did feel like it was two separate films but I thought it came together nicely in the end. I'd give it 7