The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Victor Mancini

Jack Reacher 5/10

probably would've gave it a 6.5 if they picked a more suitable lead than Tom Cruise

Victor Mancini

Gangster Squad 6/10 storyline was a bit weak but definitely watchable

Stoker - creepy, freaky, psychological family drama from the director of Old Boy. Extremely well shot, looks stunning with great use of sound. 8/10

PsychocAndy

Sound City 7.5/10

Music documentary about Sound City recording Studio and their Neve recording console, talking to all the musicians that recorded there including Barry Manilow , but sadly not Johnny Cash.

Don't know if it's a bit geeky or not, but I'm not musical and I enjoyed it.

rudi must stay

A Beautiful Mind

I liked it, it was a shame I knew a plot detail before I saw it, but its still a good movie with many great scenes and interesting dialogue

7/10

Shanks said no

Fever Pitch 10/10

4th pre final viewing of it

Well Ken Stott is a co-star and I wonder if he thought about us when filming in 97

the challenger 9/10

dramatised account of the investigation into the challenger space shuttle exploding, focusing mainly on richard feynmans investigations into it and how he found the cause of the disaster

Dredd - quality interpretation of the comic books. Fortunately, nothing like the Stallone effort. Dark, grimy, violent and very good. 8/10

Sterling Archer

Silver linings playbook

7/10

Enjoyable film with good performances. Bit fluffy and predictable though.

Say What Again

End of Watch (again) - 10/10

Absolutely loved that film...gave it to my mate to watch, and he thought it was mince :/

Anyway, watched The Lookout (Le Guetteur) on Lovefilm last night, as it sounded quite good, and got a decent rating.

It started promisingly, with a bank raid rumbled by the police, and the robbers surrounded as they tried to escape - only for a sniper perched on the rooftops to clear an escape path for them.

Sadly, it then descended into a hard to follow, random story, mostly shot in darkness, with characters I had no idea what they were doing there or how they they fitted into the story..

4/10

...a bit disco

The Day (2012) dvd

Pretty good post-apcalyptic, trapped in a house, attacked by cannibals affair.

I enjoyed it.

7.5/10

...a bit disco

Black Eagle (2012)

Dubbed Korean effort to recreate Top Gun.

Pish, but watchable because of this!

5/10

Sexton Hardcastle

This is 40

6/10

Wasnt expecting anything other than that but decent for a hangover watch. Sort of follow up to Knocked Up.

Good swatch at Megan Fox's cans and Leslie Mann's nips.

...a bit disco

Red Dawn (2012)

Remake of the 80s classic.

Average.

5/10

Victor Mancini

Shadow People 5/10

cheap movie spliced with "real footage" the idea is good and with a decent budget and better writers this could have been a great movie

Victor Mancini

compliance 6/10

based on the mcdonalds crank call scandal, its quite shocking how gulliable people are.

what the film doesnt mention and tbf its the only consolation of the story is that the victim sued mcd's for 5 million although there Lawyers clawed back 3.8 million from her on appeal, also the crank caller evaded going to jail even though there was apparently up to 70 similar cases over a 10 year period

rudi must stay

There Will Be Blood

One of the best performances i've seen ever from Daniel Day Lewis, and a unique film that moves along at a good pace, i'm not about some of it spoiler: why T.W ? tries to kill his Dad in the cabin. That part doesn't fit for me. But it's very good

8/10

Seven Psycopaths - complete garbage and gave up on it in the end. NOT funny in the least.

Taken 2 - awful. Bad acting from the Irishman and a dire , predictable script.

rudi must stay

The Master

The worst, most disgusting and inappropriate movie that i've ever seen. The director has major problems if thats what he wants to see in his films

1/10

...a bit disco

Death Race:Inferno (2012)

Not as bad as I first feared.

Watchable stuff from Luke Goss, Danny Trejo,...

6/10

But...

Dougray Scott.

1/10

Seven Psycopaths - complete garbage and gave up on it in the end. NOT funny in the least.

Taken 2 - awful. Bad acting from the Irishman and a dire , predictable script.

Haha seriously?? I thought it was superb

Agree with you on the taken 2 part tho

Sterling Archer

The Master

The worst, most disgusting and inappropriate movie that i've ever seen. The director has major problems if thats what he wants to see in his films

1/10

Can you go into a bit more detail on this review?

Can you go into a bit more detail on this review?

Yeah it seems at odds with what I read about it on imdb (where it is scored 7.3)

Guest GhostHunter

The Call - was a last minute decision and I thought it would be cheesy rubbish, but turned out to be pretty powerful, especially if you've got a daughter.

That said, the ending was straight out of Hollywood's Writers Bucket, and spoiled what was a decent film

6/10

The Call - was a last minute decision and I thought it would be cheesy rubbish, but turned out to be pretty powerful, especially if you've got a daughter.

That said, the ending was straight out of Hollywood's Writers Bucket, and spoiled what was a decent film

6/10

Was a click away from watching it. You've summized what i thought it would be like. But opted to wach The Castle instead. Australian comedy. Absolutely brilliant!

http://www.imdb.co.u...8826/?ref_=sr_1

Edited by Ted

rudi must stay

Yeah it seems at odds with what I read about it on imdb (where it is scored 7.3)

if you ever see it you'll know what I mean from the start. I think it's a bit disgusting being honest, not my taste I guess, although why Hollywood likes it so much i'm not sure

God Bless America - 9/10.

Very brief synopsis: A guy gets pissed off with all the shite people in the world; rude, arrogant, lazy, etc...and goes on a killing spree.

Great film, some of Franks speeches were outstanding. For a serial killer, a very likeable character.

Good mix of black humour, and thought-provoking dialogue.

rudi must stay

End Of Watch

Brilliant. I thought the end was a bit rushed, but there's enough great conversations, great music and enough of a story, to recommend this film to anyone

9/10

rudi must stay

The Pirates

Heard it was good so I bought it, I was disappointed. Unlike other animated films it was quite childish, it has good gags though

6/10