The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Coriolanus - Ralph Fiennes directs a modern version of Bill Shakespeare's violent play. He keeps the dialogue but sets it in what looks a bit like the Balkans war. Not easy going but I thought it was well done. 7/10

Life of Pi isn't too "look at me Oscar" then?

Last watched:

MIB III - Good fun, much better written than the first sequel.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Total tosh, but fun in a disposable sort of way. Gemma Arterton is <3 in it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Life of Pi isn't too "look at me Oscar" then?

Last watched:

MIB III - Good fun, much better written than the first sequel.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Total tosh, but fun in a disposable sort of way. Gemma Arterton is <3 in it.

Re 'Life of Pi'.

It is just a really good story. Clever, silly and emotional in equal measure. I like a good fantastic tale. :)

Creepy Lurker

Christmas just is not Christmas without a Home Alone movie on. :)

I got the box set of one and two before Christmas, watched one and then didn't have time to watch two. Felt a bit weird watching it in January! Got to love the mad Irish woman with the pigeons, though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I got the box set of one and two before Christmas, watched one and then didn't have time to watch two. Felt a bit weird watching it in January! Got to love the mad Irish woman with the pigeons, though.

The Irish woman who loved filthy bursd was in Casualty when I was a kid. :lol:

Christmas is all about family movies for me and Home Alone sits atop the pile. I still nearly shit my pants laughing in the second one when they do the "you've been smooching with everybody" scene. :rofl:

maroonlegions

Love these kind of films.

2736990_UFO_2012.jpg

UFO: It started with a blackout, all power and communications down. Hours later city sized UFO?s invade the world?s skies. Then the war began? Five friends attempt to navigate their way to survival amidst deteriorating chaos as the world descends into terror and anarchy during an alien invasion and interstellar war :th_wink1:

Django Unchained 9/10 Foxx was great the only film i liked him in before was Jarhead. Waltz added that little extra bit of class to the movie and the relationship with Jackson and DiCaprio was fantastic and entertaining. Best movie i've seen in a while.

The Paperboy 6/10

Some great performances from John Cusack,Mathew McConaughey and Macy Gray but its not a film for everyone.Never seen any of Lee Daniels other films except for Monsters Ball so dont know how this matches up but he certainly seems like someone that gets the best out of his actors and doesnt mind taking on hard subject matters.

My brother posted a photo of Oddball on Facebook and I just had to watch the film again.

Kelly's Heroes 8/10

Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas and scene stealer Donald Sutherland. Brilliant war/crime caper.

A Dangerous Method - OK movie about Freud/Jung. Keira Knightley is fecking annoying though and Fassbender, who is usually great, reminded me a lot of Harry Enfield's Mr Cholmondley-Warner. 6/10

Seven Psychopaths

Totally weird I'm not sure if it's brilliant or shite

I've come to the conclusion it's great 7.5/10

Victor Mancini

The Paperboy 6/10

Some great performances from John Cusack,Mathew McConaughey and Macy Gray but its not a film for everyone.Never seen any of Lee Daniels other films except for Monsters Ball so dont know how this matches up but he certainly seems like someone that gets the best out of his actors and doesnt mind taking on hard subject matters.

I watched this recently and thought Nicole Kidman stole the show, although the main cast in general was very strong with great performances all the leads, imo the story should've been expanded a little more..

Django Unchained - 9/10

I'm not Tarantino's biggest fan but this is a really great film, good story and a great cast

I watched this recently and thought Nicole Kidman stole the show, although the main cast in general was very strong with great performances all the leads, imo the story should've been expanded a little more..

Django Unchained - 9/10

I'm not Tarantino's biggest fan but this is a really great film, good story and a great cast

I agree with you about the story thats why i only gave it a 6 but i thought Kidman actually over acted her part.It was if she was trying to hard for recognition imo.

Victor Mancini

I agree with you about the story thats why i only gave it a 6 but i thought Kidman actually over acted her part.It was if she was trying to hard for recognition imo.

Yeah I'd give it a 5 or 6 too,

as for Nicole Kidman I was the opposite bud, thought she was amazing in it-I didn't even tipple it was her at first! tbf I'm no the sharpest tool in the box but the hair and accent threw me...

Zac Efron is doing his best to be taken seriously as an actor and thought he done well in this too, it'll be interesting to see how he fares playing the Lead in a remake of a great swedish film called Snabba Cash it was a jkb recommendation (cheers jim747?)

Edited by mowgli 82

Say What Again

The Hobbit 8/10

Watched it in 3D, and while it made the early scenes in Bilbo's house appear like some cheap BBC kids production, it really burst into life when the adventure went outdoors.

I'm not 3Ds biggest fan and feel it's overused, but it really worked with this, I felt.

I Was Monty's Double- 8/10 true story about a little known actor who was recruited by Military Intelligence to play the part of General Bernard Montgomery and fool the Germans into thinking the D-Day invasion would take place elsewhere.

John Mills, Sid James, John Le Mesurier (Dad's Army Sgt Wilson) and the guy that was actually Monty's Double in real life. Aye, he basically played the role in the film that he played during the war, if that makes sense. :jj:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom- 7/10 Has some good bits in it but not that great....onto Last Crusade now. :)

Edited by The Kurgan

Argo 8/10. Bryan Cranston put in his usual great performance and Ben Affleck was unusually good. Good film

Edited by jose barriniho

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Watched a few films over the past few days.

Downfall

The Pianist

Submarine

Neds

Howl

Really enjoyed the first four on the list. I recommend watching Downfall and The Pianist back-to-back, excellent contrast.

Howl with James Franco was alright but I'd really have to be in a certain mood to watch it and enjoy it.

Gangster Squad 3/10

Dreadful.Absolute cheese and hammed up to the max by everyone in it.I think Boardwalk Empire has spoiled me to movies like this as Boardwalk is so good.

Silver linings playbook 8/10. It was enjoyable enough I only watched it as well because tv was pish tonight. De Niro was really good in this Cooper was better than what i thought he would've been and Chris Tucker was good in his role a change from what he is usually like.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Silver linings playbook 8/10. It was enjoyable enough I only watched it as well because tv was pish tonight. De Niro was really good in this Cooper was better than what i thought he would've been and Chris Tucker was good in his role a change from what he is usually like.

Just watched it, I'd go with that. Di Niro was quality and Cooper absolutely nailed it. Was shocked at how good he was.

Tiffany though. WOW. Couldn't take my eyes off her. Incredible. She might just be as close to perfection as it gets.

936full-jennifer-lawrence.jpg

Just watched it, I'd go with that. Di Niro was quality and Cooper absolutely nailed it. Was shocked at how good he was.

Tiffany though. WOW. Couldn't take my eyes off her. Incredible. She might just be as close to perfection as it gets.

936full-jennifer-lawrence.jpg

I'll be honest I never knew who she was I've not watched hunger games or x-men? In some scenes she looked like the kinda girl you might see around and about really nice looking but nothing special but then other times I was like oh aye especially when she had that tight as hell costume on for the competition ( though she wore tight clothing most of the time ) . She seemed to play the slightly crazy role really convincingly

S.F.W. 7/10

decent film staring stephen dorf and reese witherspoon about the aftermath of live coverage of them being hostage for 36 days and the media attention it puts on them

Say What Again

Killer Joe 6/10

Trailer trash hire a killer to kill their mum/ex wife for insurance money.Strange movie.

I liked the look of that when it was out. I actually got as far as going to the cinema to see it but decided on something else.

Will need to grab a copy.

I liked the look of that when it was out. I actually got as far as going to the cinema to see it but decided on something else.

Will need to grab a copy.

Mathew McConaughy is really good in it,very creepy but he plays the part really well.

Silver Linings Playbook 8/10

Didnt really know anything about this film but from the trailers i thought it was like Save The Last Dance or something so was a bit meh when the wife wanted to watch it.Glad to say it was nothing like STLD and was quite a nice feel good movie and the acting was first class.

rudi must stay

Margin Call

A movie all about the stock market crash. It feels abit low key, maybe due to them spending all their money on the cast. But it does have some very sharp dialogue and a clever storyline

7/10