The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Flight - 7.5/10

Pretty good although I got the feeling the excellent Washington made it more enjoyable than it actually was at times. The character John Goodman played was hilarious. :lol: Was very Big Lebowski.

rudi must stay

Ruby Sparks

not got the same magic that Little Miss Sunshine does (same producer and directors), but they do seem abit casual at times about the fact he's made up this girl and he can make her do anything. That's my only criticism, that and Antonio Banderes' cameo and really why his character was there at all

7/10

Skyfall - 8/10 - Bond back to his best after the shite that was Quantum of Solace, Bardem played the villain really well.

Lancashire_Lou

Flight 8/10

Really enjoyed that, Denzel on form as ever.

I enjoyed seeing his bum.

Wristcutters; a love story. 6/10. Bit too odd.

Edited by Lancashire_Lou

Takeshi's Tynecastle

Raid redemption - what it lacks in substance it more than makes up for in style

8/10

Grabbers - basically Tremors on an Irish island, and almost as good

7/10

In Brugges - finally watched this and pretty amazing. Surprisingly hilarious and surprising dark.

9/10

telford_jambo84

Knight and day. Tom cruise and Cameron Diaz not doing much that makes sense for an hour and a half. 1/10 and that's only because Diaz is hot

Motorway 6/10

Hong Kong film about speed cops. Wanted to give it more but there is a fatal flaw in the story, and it pisses me off, but the film would have been worse if they had done it.

Dredd

A lot better than the Stallone effort and apparently #1 in a trilogy. Only seen the 2d version, so can't comment on the 3d version that apparently used the absolute latest in 3d gadgetry ...

7/10 :thumbsup:

Drive

Quite slow to start, then BAM, it smacks you in the puss! Really enjoyed it, but the Wife walked out ...

Reminded me of the old westerns - man with no name kinda thing - very effective indeed.

9/10 :thumbsup:

Probably an 8 really, but a bonus point for having my wee pal in it ...

carey-mulligan-dennys.jpg

Edited by Dunks

Die hard - the new one out (4/5 ?) Absolute pish mind my wife and daughter liked it

Give it up Bruce yer too fekin old

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Searching for Sugar Man 7/10. Pretty enjoyable

Argo 8/10. Really good, although ending could have been more fitting in comparison with the rest of the film.

Seven Pyschopaths - 7.5 /10. Bit up and down but still well worth a watch.

Dredd (2D - bluray)

Doesn't lose too much in 2D. a few of the extreme slow-mo visuals look a tad cardboard cut-out in 2D but that aside, it retains it's grimy aesthetic and barely puts a foot wrong in maintaining it's singular vision of Dredd and Mega-City 1. Urban & Thirlby are spot-on.

I'm desperate for the mooted sequels which are dependent on disc sales probably.

8.5/10

rudi must stay

Chronicle

Its not a classic due to its budget, its very obvious watching it that they didn't have a lot of money to spend, but its an interesting movie with some clever and very original ideas

8/10

alwaysthereinspirit

Just got back from seeing Silver Linings Playbook. Great movie for wife/girlfriend brownie points. Was a good take.

rudi must stay

Rust and Bone

Not what I was expecting after seeing the trailer a few months ago. Just like A Prophet I was disappointed, although I think its better than that due to the acting and some interesting camera work

7/10

Shanks said no

Untouchable

9.5/10

it lose 0.5 for the boy reminding me too much of Mario Balotteli

Untouchable%20poster.jpg

A truly remarkable film

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Marley 8/10

If you have any interest in Bob Marley it is a must watch. Great look into his life and of course, the soundtrack is amazing.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

A Good Way to Die Hard.

I liked it, although it gets a bit ridiculous towards the end

7/10.

PsychocAndy

A Good Day To Die Hard

7/10

Superb if instantly forgettable popcorn flick.

All of the above

6.5/10

Tyrannosaur

6.5/10

Rather bleak film about an alcoholic nutcase forges an unlikely friendship with a local christian bursd, who has some pretty ****ed up issues of her own.

OZ: The Great & Powerful

Rather good - Rami is as playful a Director as always which suits James Franco to a T. Chuck in Mila Kunis (replete in leather trousers and kitten point high heel boots - oh my) AND Rachel Weisz AND Michelle Williams on a giant IMAX screen, and I was never going to get bored.

It's actually very entertaining, 3D works pretty well and there is one character in it that will totally tug at the heart-strings, even if occasionally it strays into the odd standard Disney trope or two. Good year for Disney thus far along with the brilliant Wreck-It Ralph. 8/10

rudi must stay

Fight Club

One of those movies I think, abit like Trainspotting, that have to be watched, they're not very optimistic but they have a message.

10/10

Fight Club

One of those movies I think, abit like Trainspotting, that have to be watched, they're not very optimistic but they have a message.

10/10

Still one of ny favourite movies ever

Shanks said no

Just finished watching Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2

having not really paid much attention to the previous films I couldn't really follow what was going on

5/10

The Amazing Spider-Man - pretty good reboot of Raimi's films. 7.5/10

Beasts Of The Southern Wild - inventive, low budget, existential family/sci-fi film set in the Deep South. Kinda hard to describe but very good. 8/10

telford_jambo84

Just finished watching Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2

having not really paid much attention to the previous films I couldn't really follow what was going on

5/10

:bitgay:

Shanks said no

thanks Telford, it was

and tonight we are watching Damsels in Distress

and I can safely predict it will not get more than 3/10

telford_jambo84

The lion king 10/10 simba is a jambo don't you know? Kids are a great excuse to watch Disney films like this :yas: