The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Beats, Rhymes & Life - documentary about one of the best hip-hop groups ever, A Tribe Called Quest. Probably for fans only but I really enjoyed it. Directed by Michael Rapaport who played Brad Pitts flat mate in True Romance. 7/10

Razorback.

Great Oz thriller/horror about a vicious wild boar terrorising the Australian outback. Annoyingly bad score on the IMDB but check the reviews: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087981/reviews

Fortress.

Set in the Oz country. An Australian school teacher and her students are kidnapped. She and the children fight for their lives and try to escape from their captors.

Seen both a few times and i highly recommend them :thumbsup:

Gangster Squad - Hmmmm. I don't think it knew whether it wanted to be a drama or a comedy and due to the awful jokes and cheesy lines, reminded me of an Arnie film set in the 40s except without the Austro-American comedy accent. Great cast and looked good but a very poor script. 5/10

Gangster Squad - Hmmmm. I don't think it knew whether it wanted to be a drama or a comedy and due to the awful jokes and cheesy lines, reminded me of an Arnie film set in the 40s except without the Austro-American comedy accent. Great cast and looked good but a very poor script. 5/10

Was starting to think i was the only one that seen it in this way.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Razorback.

Great Oz thriller/horror about a vicious wild boar terrorising the Australian outback. Annoyingly bad score on the IMDB but check the reviews: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087981/reviews

Fortress.

Set in the Oz country. An Australian school teacher and her students are kidnapped. She and the children fight for their lives and try to escape from their captors.

Seen both a few times and i highly recommend them :thumbsup:

Razorback is a good film.

The Tower (Korean). Fire in a super-skyscraper. O.K., it's been done before, but this is impressive. it should appeal to those who liked Hyundae, the tsunami film. Same cast of heroes and cowards and the obligatory child, with a rising death toll. I liked it.

The tower in question is one of a pair, with a connecting airbridge round about the 60th floor. This must have interested the rest of the audience yesterday, as we were in Kuala Lumpur, with its Petronas Twin Towers.They might hesitate before going up to the viewing level. (So do I, but just because of the rip-off price and the probability of a haze caused by illegal burning in Indonesia!)

Gangster Squad, Boardwalk Empire meets L.A. Confidential. Meh, 6/10 expected better.

The only thing it did cement for me is that Ryan Gosling is pish, cardboard actor with no screen presence at all.

The only thing it did cement for me is that Ryan Gosling is pish, cardboard actor with no screen presence at all.

Bingo!! Everyone went on about his performance in Drive, to me it was like a simpleton attempting to do Steve McQueen cool.

Victor Mancini

Argo 8/10

excellent film, my one gripe is below in the spoiler, although to be fair i may have missed something obvious

the bit at the end in the airport where they were all missing the return cards(white/yellow) on there visa's, surely the whole group missing them would've aroused suspicion at a time of high tension, yet after the 1st guy gets through after passing the slip that was given to Mendez(Afflecks character) from the ministry it skips to them all at the final check...

the only thing i can think is i missed some dialogue between Mendez and the Brittish spy who supplied the cards when in Istanbul

Victor Mancini

Officer Down 2/10

i honestly reckon this script must've been written in the 80's it just had that feel to it,

clearly someone got desperate and thought "hey lets use that script thats been around since the 1st lethal weapon & commando!"

a proper re-write with less cliches and more focus could've turned this into an exciting film instead of the big steaming pile of scheise that it was

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Perks of Being a Wall flower.

I have no idea but... I'm gonna guess it was written by a guy of about 20 years of age.

Not the absolute worst film I've ever seen, but its by far the worst film I've seen recently... And I'm Including;Cats and Dogs in that list.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just watched Snow Town... That was the most chilling and disturbing couple of hours I have ever spent in front of the box. Seriously... Great film but I am still a bit depressed half an hour later.

:unsure:

The Dark Knight Rises Part 1

The Dark Knight Rises Part 2

Animated adaptation of Frank Miller's ground-breaking graphic novel. And it's absolutely superb. Brilliantly gruff voice work from Peter Weller. Also, especially with Part 2, the decision to adapt Bruce Wayne's inner dialogue from the comic into action and dialogue works, the pacing would suffer if it had a voice-over, and also a voice-over with it's noirish tinge would not suit the neon coloured excess of the mid 80's setting.

I'm tempted to give it 10/10.

Flight 7.5/10. Denzel Washington was really good in this as was John Goodman and Don Cheadle. Its an interesting story worth a watch.

Edited by jose barriniho

telford_jambo84

Zero dark thirty. Long yet entertaining tale about the CIA's hunt for bin laden. The torture scenes are gritty yet I suspect quite realistic. 8/10

Clownhouse. Great horror. Usual formula, kids trapped in a house but done well. Sam Rockwells first feature film.

Feel awful though knowing Victor Salva directed it.

Edited by spunkmeyer

Barb wire 5/10 its so cheesy it was on itv4 last night but I never realised that iron man was on e4. Ah well at least Pam was watchable for other things than her acting.

Victor Mancini

Stand up guys 4/10

Alan Arkin,Al Pacino,Christopher Walken,Mark Margolis,Lucy Punch,Addison Timlin

great actors/actresses scheise story

Been a while since I've been on this thread

Horrible Bosses - 7/10 - Started off a bit shit but as it went on thought it was actually pretty funny. Jennifer Aniston is quite something in it which is why it's boosted from a 6 to a 7.

Lincoln, last night. **** knows whether it was good or not ... DDL looked like how I'd imagine Abe to be. He was also thoughtful, told funny stories and statesmanlike when necessary. Happy ending too, well not for our hero but still ...

North Berwick Jambo

Zero Dark Thirty 9/10

Outstanding.My favourite film out of all the Oscar movies this year.

I just watched it and i have to agree, brilliant thought provoking film! 9/10

rudi must stay

Django - 9 would have been a 10 if it wasn't for (spoiler) Tarantino's cameo, it turned the movie into a bit of a farce. Mississipi taking about 10 minutes to go across the screen annoyed me but then he appeared..

Lincoln, last night. **** knows whether it was good or not ... DDL looked like how I'd imagine Abe to be. He was also thoughtful, told funny stories and statesmanlike when necessary. Happy ending too, well not for our hero but still ...

What. He's dead, well that has spoilt that film for me.

What. He's dead, well that has spoilt that film for me.

I didn't actually say that ... you'll just have to watch the film to find out. :devilish:

Django Unchained - very enjoyable genre film, although it would be good to see Tarantino do something that isn't a pastiche. Christoph Waltz is tremendous in it. 8/10

Elles - French film about a journo doing an article on two hookers who gets drawn into their world. Lots of nudity, all in the name of art of course! 6/10

rudi must stay

Ned Kelly - 5 gave up on it

Dark Zero Thirty - 9 would have been 10 if she hadn't put John Barrowman in, at the most crucial part of the movie :dizzy2:

Edited by rudi must stay