The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay

Catch The Fair One

Decent film nice camerawork

7/10

Death Of A Son

Terrible acting in this one 

5/10

Rogue City

Decent foreign film on Netflix

7/10

The Old Oak

New Ken Loach film. Always like his films because they are honest and have great characters and this is no different. Lead actor is pretty good

8/10

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes he’s an actors actor . So good

He is a great actor. For me great actors have charisma and walk that line between funny and serious

12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He is a great actor. For me great actors have charisma and walk that line between funny and serious

Yes he really is . 👍

Watched "Its A Wonderful Life" for the first time this weekend with the sprog. Loved it , heartwarming and can see why its considered a classic.

8/10

rudi must stay

Amsterdam

Poor film IMO. Big names after a pay check, not even trying there best. I thought De Niro was rubbish in it

6/10

Waves

I am at the stage with films that not much really impresses me. Well this film this films blew me away the camerawork is incredible the acting is very good. Exceptional film

10/10

10 hours ago, Americana said:

Watched "Its A Wonderful Life" for the first time this weekend with the sprog. Loved it , heartwarming and can see why its considered a classic.

8/10

Oh its gets me everytime. The cameo has it on on Xmas eve.  I saw it there a couple years back. Such a great film and a beautiful message. 

Bleed for This (Prime)

7/10

Decent boxing biopic about Vinny Pazienza, a boxer who breaks his neck in a car accident. Miles Teller (Whiplash/Top Gun Maverick) is good in the lead role.

rudi must stay

Elvis & Nixon

A film that never really gets going

6/10

Confess Fletch

Quite a funny film

7/10

The Current War

Bought this a while ago. It's got bad reviews and I can understand why. Too many good films out there to stick with this 

5/10

henrysmithsgloves

Fatman...on Amazon.

How can describe this, imagine Quentin tarantino doing a Christmas comedy,with Mel Gibson playing a disgruntled Santa.

Well worth a watch 10/10 😆

rudi must stay

The Voyeur

Filth

5/10

Hunger

Decent netflix film

6/10

Last Girl Alive 

Gave it 10 minutes

5/10

Marry Me

Not my sort of film

5/10

The Last Bus

The best film I have seen it today. A warm film

7/10

God's Country

Nothing new but Thandie Newton is terrific. I paid for it to be honest it's not worth paying for wait till it's on the video streaming services

6.5/10

After liking the look of 'Rebel Moon' on Netflix from the trailer and being a sucker for sci-fi, I watched it tonight and...it wasn't great. Clearly based on the Seven Samurai or The Magnificent Seven films, but set in space and nowhere near on the same level.

It's been split into 2 parts, so the finale won't be aired on Netflix until next year, but I doubt that it'll spring any new surprises or vast improvement.

5/10

Caught up with some stuff I had recorded to the Tivo box 

One was Martin Scorcese's remake of Cape Fear 1991. With Robert De Niro, Nick Nolte, Jessica Lange, and a young Juliette Lewis.

A nice touch was bit parts for Robert Mitchum and Gregory Peck.

Seen alot worse. 7/10.

rudi must stay

Ida

Slow and forgettable

6/10

Alice, Darling

Good film. Anna Kendrick is very good in this film. Nicely paced and easy to follow

7/10

Carl Fredrickson

It's A Wonderful Life - just finished watching this with the kids and it is as wonderful now nearly 50 years after I first saw it. Tears in my eyes at the end yet again.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

6th in the Mission: Impossible franchise.

Seen it a few times before but it remains a decent way to waste a few hours, especially during the Xmas period when telly is absolute dugshit and nobody can agree on what to watch.

The plot is not overly confusing, but some references and characters do rely on you having seen some of the previous films. Having said that, most of those are explained in exposition dumps just to bring people up to speed.

A solid spy thriller/action flick with all the bombastic action set-pieces we've come to expect of the franchise.

8/10

rudi must stay

Death On The Nile

Acting wise felt like actors churning out the lines with no real effort. But the boat they're on is nice and with some nice images of Egypt the choreographer did a good job

6/10

Proxima

It's a good film but I didn't feel like torturing myself with another deep space film so I didn't watch much of it

5/10

The Florida Project

Loved it. The kids are really good in it / mischievous and full of life and it has some nice shots of Florida

8/10

The Matrix Resurrections

Genuinely ****ing awful.

This must have been some kind of money laundering scam.  The CGI is awful.  It looks and feels like a Dr Who episode.

4/10

On 16/12/2023 at 07:37, Carl Fredrickson said:

Chicken Run - Dawn of the Nugget

Younger kids will love it. Lots of throw backs to the first film and I must admit I laughed at a couple of the puns. 

It is listed as being 1h 42m long but the time flew by due to the many puns in it. My daughter wanted chicken nuggets for her tea after watching it yesterday.... 

7/10 if you have young kids. 3/10 if you are an adult with an adult sense of humour. 

I watched it on Netflix tonight, and I was very disappointed.  I'm quite a fan of Aardman's stuff, and I rate Chicken Run as one of my favourite animated movies, and this wasn't up to the same standard at all.  The little details that made the original special were missing - or else maybe they passed right over our heads.  There wasn't really the same sense of "cartoon drama/threat" that there was in the original.  It just wasn't that well written, IMO.

I can see why it would work for kids - but in fairness they'll watch almost anything that's animated. :laugh: 

The Little Things (Netflix)

7/10

Enjoyable crime thriller with Denzel Washington and Remi Malek as obsessed detectives trying to find a serial killer.

Maestro (Netflix) is a performance. Bradley Cooper be hard not to win best actor Oscar. 

Not a personal choice to watch but a virtuoso performance. 

rudi must stay
54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maestro (Netflix) is a performance. Bradley Cooper be hard not to win best actor Oscar. 

Not a personal choice to watch but a virtuoso performance. 

Virtuoso eh. Was that word in your Christmas crackers pal, no need for ponce on Kickback 

rudi must stay

Copenhagen

Some nice nightclub scenes but not acted very well

5/10

Peppermint

Just dreadful

5/10

Gold

McConaughey gives it his all but it is a film devoid of any originality

6/10

rudi must stay

Roxanne Roxanne

Cool film

7/10

The Shadow In My Eye

Well made war film

6/10

The Most Hated Woman In America

Melissa Leo is some actress

7/10

Stowaway

Absolutely brilliant film. Easy to follow, well acted it's the best film I've seen today

8/10

Samuel Camazzola

Wonka

8/10

A young Willy travels to a town to pursue his dream. 

Great cast playing to their strengths. Visually superb. Clever dialogue and lyrics in songs (written by Neil Hannon of Divine Comedy fame). 

One that all ages will enjoy. 👍 

rudi must stay

Sound Of Freedom

Well made film with some good scenes

7/10

Drive My Car

Incredibly slow and poncy 

5/10

Capernaum 

It's bleak and I wasn't in the mood for that. 

6/10

Kennedy Bakircioglu
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Wonka

8/10

A young Willy travels to a town to pursue his dream. 

Great cast playing to their strengths. Visually superb. Clever dialogue and lyrics in songs (written by Neil Hannon of Divine Comedy fame). 

One that all ages will enjoy. 👍 

Totally agree with all you've written. I'd maybe even go 9/10!

rudi must stay

Prisoner Of The Ghostland

Great movie. Doesn't take itself too seriously and has really style visually

7.5/10

Edited by rudi must stay