The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Violent Night. Not as good as I thought it would be given some revues I’ve seen but an enjoyable enough romp about Santa smashing baddies to death. 

rudi must stay

Tallulah

Absolute garbage. Really boring film

5/10

Small Crimes

Forgettable

6/10

Velvet Buzzsaw

Great acting from Jake Gyllenhall as usual, some jumpy moments 

7/10

Carl Fredrickson

Watched Arlington Road last night for the first time in many a year. Fabulous film with Jeff Bridges and Tom Robbins putting in stelar performances. First saw it 24 years ago and it is as good now as it was then. 9/10 

The Creater 

Seen this get a bit of stick on here, but enjoyed it. Visually stunning and entertaining with a few holes in the story but very watchable.

7/10

rudi must stay

Strangeways Here We Come 

Dire

5/10

Nobody Knows Why I'm Here

Decent Italian film kept my interest

6/10

Convenience

Entertaining netflix film

6.5/10

rudi must stay

Big Boys Don't Cry

Hard hitting film. Lead guy is not bad

7/10

You People

Had it's moments but it dragged on

6/10

Outside In

Solid film on Netflix. I am a fan of Edie Faldo and she'd good in this 

7/10

Knuckle City

Ambitious Nigerian film it's ok passed some time

7/10

White Girl

Easy to follow film for teenagers. I guess with the good you also have the average

5/10

Napoleon 

I know it’s getting slated but I thought it was great 

Im told not historically accurate but meh

Also Reptile on Netflix 

Very twisty

Hell House LLC Origins: The Carmichael Manor.

Had the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end😳

7/10.

rudi must stay

Invisible

Italian film very well acted and intriguing

8/10

10 Days Of A Bad Man

Dull Italian film

6/10

Bad Day

One of the worst films you'll ever see. Terrible camerawork, terrible acting it makes it entertaining though. It is one of those films that knows it's terrible

5/10

Margot At The Wedding

Forgettable stuff from Noah Baumbach

6/10

Thank You For Your Service 

Tasteful and impeccably acted. Miles Tiller is underrated

8/10

The Peacemaker

Really dull film 

6/10

rudi must stay

Uncharted

Some really impressive scenes in this film. Must have cost a lot

7/10

I don't feel at home in the world anymore

Netflix loves making films like this. Forgettable 

6/10

Vesper

Dreadful film. So humourless, rubbish CGI 

5/10

The Card Counter

Now this to me is a proper film. Oscar Isaac is superb in this. Honestly worth watching on netflix

8/10

rudi must stay

And 1 more for today

Accused

Thoroughly impressed with this. Young guy in it is excellent, can't say it isnt unsettling but it beats most of the rubbish on netflix 

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

rudi must stay

Rise Of The Footsoldier Marbella 

I suppose it was a fun watch

6/10

99 Homes

Good film. Shannon is always a good bad guy 

7/10

End Of The Road 

Just a terrible film. Pathetically acted

5/10

The Last Days of American Crime

It's not a classic but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Michael Pitt's performance as an oddball was fun to watch

8/10

Carl Fredrickson

Wonka. 

A great family film - the origan story of Willy Wonka. A lot of well known faces, decent story and lots of bright colours and wonder like the original. 

Hugh Grant as the Umpa Lumpa made me laugh  8/10

rudi must stay

Another one for today

The Foreigner

Decent thriller with two big hitters (Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan) putting in decent shifts. 

7/10

Rewatched Nolan's Batman Trilogy over the last few nights.

Batman Begins

8.5/10

The Dark Knight

9/10

The Dark Knight Rises

8.5/10

Great films.

rudi must stay

Dumplin

Just a terrible film. I think for any guy this film is a slog

5/10

Spiderhead 

Felt like nobody was trying. Just a copy of Ex Machina just not as good

5/10

Uncorked

Humourless and uninteresting. Lead guy was boring

5/10

Beast

Not a masterpiece but it atleast had likeable characters

6/10

Fatale

You know what I like this film. Easy to follow, well acted, it's a solid film

7/10

rudi must stay

Leave The World Behind

An unsettling watch but I guess that was the aim. Decent

7/10

Girlfriend's Day

A very boring film

5/10

Blood Vessel

Absolute rubbish

5/10

On 06/12/2023 at 16:41, Dawnrazor said:

Hell House LLC Origins: The Carmichael Manor.

Had the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end😳

7/10.

Really enjoyed this also 7.5/10 🙂

rudi must stay

The Unbearable Weight Of Massive Talent

Thoroughly enjoyed this film. A thrill ride

8/10

The Last Laugh

Reminded me of the Bucket List eg a boring depressing film 

5/10

The Bromley Boys

I enjoyed it. It's not the best acting wise but a feelgood film

6/10

Infinite 

Plenty of action plenty money chucked at it you can tell. Decent

6/10

rudi must stay

The Devil To Pay

Really impressed with this film. Alot of fun, very original decent acting. Good to see films like this still being made

8/10

Leave The World Behind on Netflix. Unusual film about society starting to fall apart as technology stops working and more. I enjoyed it though some might find it a bit slow. 7/10. 

rudi must stay

Football Factory

Rubbish

5/10

Nightride

Same as Locke just not as good

6/10

Win it All

Pleasant film

7/10

Horse Girl

A bizarre piece of work

5/10

The Hater

I used to like films like this like Fight Club but now I can't be bothered with them. They're films for loners

5/10

Django Unchained.

Outstanding movie , Christoph Waltz in one of his best roles. 

KKK pillow case scene is one of my favourite comedy moments in any movie.

9/10

rudi must stay

American Son

Rubbish 

5/10

Catfight

Throughly enjoyed this film easy to follow the fights are hilariously brutal

8/10

Buba

Decent German film on Netflix

6/10

Knuckle

Boxing documentary on Netflix. Interesting

6/10

My Friends Dahmer

What an absolute jerk. Truelly evil, it's a great film in my opinion. Well made and well acted

8/10

Amsterdam on Prime TV.

Got panned by most critics and only made 10% of its budget.

But pretty remarkable performances by Christian Bale and Margot Robbie. It is based on a Trump influenced true story of rich businessmen trying to mount a coup against Roosevelt in alignment with Hitler and Mussolini. 

The story is patchy and falls apart at times. But if you like Bale and Robbie, it's worth a look. 

rudi must stay

Black Hawk Down

Highly rated film. I wasn't too impressed with the start but it hits from half way through for me

8/10

Under Her Control

Well acted Spanish film. Raises question morally

7/10

Give It A Year

Didn't like some of the humour and Rafe Spell I don't rate in some of it. Decent overall 

6/10

rudi must stay

The Photographer of Mauthuasen

It's what you expect from a 2nd world war two film. How evil people can be 

6/10

Tramps 

Dreadful

5/10

Shooters

No money in it. Just creativity and optimism. My type of film

7/10

The Outsider 

I admire this film. Nice looking well acted it's not bad at all

7/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Shazam! Fury Of The Gods. 
If you have any youngsters in the family and they ask to see this over Christmas send them to their rooms and threaten to take their presents off them. 
3/10 

Also how the hell is Lucy Lui 55 years old?? 

Carl Fredrickson

Chicken Run - Dawn of the Nugget

Younger kids will love it. Lots of throw backs to the first film and I must admit I laughed at a couple of the puns. 

It is listed as being 1h 42m long but the time flew by due to the many puns in it. My daughter wanted chicken nuggets for her tea after watching it yesterday.... 

7/10 if you have young kids. 3/10 if you are an adult with an adult sense of humour. 

rudi must stay

The Accountant

Dont get the hype with this one. Even has a rare average performance from J K Simmons which I quite like as he seems an arrogant money grabber

6/10

The Creator

Seen it before with Looper and Elysium but it has nice camerawork and a good performance from the child 

7/10

Take Me

Dire

5/10

Redemption Of A Rogue

Awful

5/10

Chicken Run Dawn Of The Nugget 

Fun from all the family plenty jokes for adults. Mrs Tweedy really is horrible and Miranda Richardson does a great job voicing her. Some of the sets are really cool alot of work put in so for me:

10/10 

rudi must stay
13 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Chicken Run - Dawn of the Nugget

Younger kids will love it. Lots of throw backs to the first film and I must admit I laughed at a couple of the puns. 

It is listed as being 1h 42m long but the time flew by due to the many puns in it. My daughter wanted chicken nuggets for her tea after watching it yesterday.... 

7/10 if you have young kids. 3/10 if you are an adult with an adult sense of humour. 

3/10 if you have a ##### sense of humour 

" Wonka".

We went to see this today at the Dominion. 

It was very enjoyable.  Very funny and great performances from an all star cast. All hamming it up.  In particular Hugh Grant who almost steals the film playing an OOmpa Loompa.  Hes hysterical.  I say almost because Timothee Chalamet really is outstanding. Such a good actor and no bad singer.  I really felt he was linked to Gene Wilder in the original film. Loads of hummable songs which carry to narrative along and brilliant effects and loads of chocolate.  Lovely moral story to it too.

8/10  from me 

rudi must stay

First They Killed My Father 

Good work from Angelina Jolie  

7/10

The Master Gardener

It's a slow film but it just missed a spark to raise it above average and ordinary for me

7/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Just finished the latest Indiana Jones, it is alright I suppose. Not as good as the first ones of course but still better than most of the adventure films that get made. 

“ The holdovers “ 

A cranky history teacher at a remote prep school is forced to remain on campus over the holidays with a troubled student who has no place to go.  Nobody likes teacher Paul Hunham (Giamatti) -- not his students, not his fellow faculty, not the headmaster, who all find his pomposity and rigidity exasperating. With no family and nowhere to go over Christmas holiday in 1970, Paul remains at school to supervise students unable to journey home. After a few days, only one student holdover remains -- a trouble-making 15-year-old named Angus, a good student whose bad behavior always threatens to get him expelled. Joining Paul and Angus is head cook Mary (Randolph)-an African American woman who caters to sons of privilege and whose own son was recently lost in Vietnam. These three very different shipwrecked people form an unlikely Christmas family sharing comic misadventures during two very snowy weeks in New England. The real journey is how they help one another understand that they are not beholden to their past-they can choose their own futures. (. From IMDB) 

This was an excellent film . Great performances from the cast and certainly award winning , very moving as well as acidly funny . A great soundtrack too. Well worth a watch at Xmas time . 

33 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

“ The holdovers “ 

A cranky history teacher at a remote prep school is forced to remain on campus over the holidays with a troubled student who has no place to go.  Nobody likes teacher Paul Hunham (Giamatti) -- not his students, not his fellow faculty, not the headmaster, who all find his pomposity and rigidity exasperating. With no family and nowhere to go over Christmas holiday in 1970, Paul remains at school to supervise students unable to journey home. After a few days, only one student holdover remains -- a trouble-making 15-year-old named Angus, a good student whose bad behavior always threatens to get him expelled. Joining Paul and Angus is head cook Mary (Randolph)-an African American woman who caters to sons of privilege and whose own son was recently lost in Vietnam. These three very different shipwrecked people form an unlikely Christmas family sharing comic misadventures during two very snowy weeks in New England. The real journey is how they help one another understand that they are not beholden to their past-they can choose their own futures. (. From IMDB) 

This was an excellent film . Great performances from the cast and certainly award winning , very moving as well as acidly funny . A great soundtrack too. Well worth a watch at Xmas time . 

Giamatti was great in it. very good watch

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Giamatti was great in it. very good watch

Yes he’s an actors actor . So good

Disser Pointon
4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

“ The holdovers “ 

Watched this last night and came on to post something similar so you've saved me the bother! 😍

9 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Watched this last night and came on to post something similar so you've saved me the bother! 😍

Its so good isnt it ?  The soundtrack was great too. Hope the 3 leads are nominated for oscars. I know the woman playing the cook is winning all thre pre oscar awards allready. However the Oscar race for lead acting will be one of the most competitive in living memory i think. 

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Its so good isnt it ?  The soundtrack was great too. Hope the 3 leads are nominated for oscars. I know the woman playing the cook is winning all thre pre oscar awards allready. However the Oscar race for lead acting will be one of the most competitive in living memory i think. 

It was a little formulaic, I'm not sure it will win any awards as a result, but it was a very enjoyable and easy watch.

23 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

It was a little formulaic, I'm not sure it will win any awards as a result, but it was a very enjoyable and easy watch.

Yes it’s been done before but it’s been redone really well