The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

JudyJudyJudy

“ Dune 2” 

Outstanding load of nonsense really . Spectacular effects , acting and storyline . Still no sure what it was about but loved it . 

Timothy Chamalet is a terrific actor . Even though he’s rather “ effete “ I find he has a very strong screen presence . 

Dawnrazor

Moonfall.

1/10.

Utter UTTER drivel, the acting stank............ ****in drivel🤬

Ron Burgundy
15 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Moonfall.

1/10.

Utter UTTER drivel, the acting stank............ ****in drivel🤬

Was that not the film that critic Mark Kermode urged everyone to watch as it was so utterly garbage?

Dawnrazor
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Was that not the film that critic Mark Kermode urged everyone to watch as it was so utterly garbage?

I don't know Ron, but if he did say that he was absolutely correct.

The wife put it on and after about ten or fifteen minutes, I thought to myself, is this as bad as I think it is.......it was🤣

Muppetboy

The roast of Tom Brady. 10/10 comedy special on netflix, bloody hilarious, haven't laughed so much in ages!! Lots of close to the bone stuff tho!

Lovecraft

Unforgiven 4K Remaster.

Somehow I had never actually seen this.

Cracking stuff.

8/10

Would have been more, but it kinda left me wanting loads more.   A good sign I guess.

Lovecraft
Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2024 at 16:58, Americana said:

Just been added to my stick, with no subtitles , heartbreaking.

Just make up your own.

Pretend it's about people trying to find their pet lizard they flushed down the loo 30 years ago.

Edited by Lovecraft

rudi must stay

Monkey Man

Ive seen so many films that really what I care about most is visuals. This film is visually very interesting it is a great movie and I thoroughly recommend it

8/10

rudi must stay
19 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The point of the film was they were not blissfully unaware of what was happening next door ! That’s why it’s in equal measures stunning and powerful. 

Spoiler

I thought the scene where you saw the shoes and the cleaners was very profound. To me it said that we haven't moved on that much it's become business which is wrong

rudi must stay

The End We Start From 

One to avoid. Dull

5/10

JudyJudyJudy
19 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Hide contents

I thought the scene where you saw the shoes and the cleaners was very profound. To me it said that we haven't moved on that much it's become business which is wrong

Very true Rudi 

rudi must stay

Dead Man's Shoes

Very good film. A film that still holds its power even though I've seen it many times

8/10

rudi must stay

This Is England

I can't separate This Is England and Dead Man's Shoes. Both powerful movies

8/10

rudi must stay

Lost In Translation

Great film 

8/10

Maradona

Excellent documentary

7/10

Lambert Simnel

Anatomy of a Fall. I only watched it thinking it was a docuseries on Livingstone FC, but it's the best courtroom drama type movie I've seen in years, perhaps ever. Sandra Hüller is amazing - you really believe that there is a full, complex person of which you only see fragments of on screen.  

luckyBatistuta
On 07/05/2024 at 16:47, Muppetboy said:

The roast of Tom Brady. 10/10 comedy special on netflix, bloody hilarious, haven't laughed so much in ages!! Lots of close to the bone stuff tho!

Just finished, tremendous viewing. Don’t think I’ve laughed that much for a long time. A lot of jokes will go over some heads if they’re not in to the NFL, but it’s still worth watching. 
10/10

rudi must stay
Posted (edited)

Goldfinger

This is the best Bond for me. I like the look of the film and Goldfinger is brilliant performed by Gert Frobe, some Bond villains overdo it but his performance is just right

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Muppetboy
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just finished, tremendous viewing. Don’t think I’ve laughed that much for a long time. A lot of jokes will go over some heads if they’re not in to the NFL, but it’s still worth watching. 
10/10

Nikki glasers set was top notch as was Jeff ross's. Kevin Hart as host was brilliant too! Did u see Brady have a word in ross's ear about the joke he told about the massage and Robert craft? He was not pleased!

I caught a good podcast on YouTube with Julian edelman and drew bledsoe,  chatting about their involvement in the roast and basically talking about the whole experience and how amazing it was 

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Nikki glasers set was top notch as was Jeff ross's. Kevin Hart as host was brilliant too! Did u see Brady have a word in ross's ear about the joke he told about the massage and Robert craft? He was not pleased!

I caught a good podcast on YouTube with Julian edelman and drew bledsoe,  chatting about their involvement in the roast and basically talking about the whole experience and how amazing it was 

Noticed that wee word.

Will try and get a listen to the podcast

Ray Gin

House of Gucci

7/10

Decent enough but could have done with being trimmed down a bit. Good performance by Lady GaGa, bizarrely comical performance by Jared Leto. 

Muppetboy
10 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Noticed that wee word.

Will try and get a listen to the podcast

It's called games with names

rudi must stay

From Russia With Love 

I thought this film was ok

6/10

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

It's called games with names

Was listening to it last night, found it on this app on my iPhone. Some amount of podcasts and free too

IMG_7685.jpeg

rudi must stay

Dr No

Thought it was better than From Russia With Love

7/10

rudi must stay

Thunderball

Had some scenes ahead of their time

6/10

Carl Fredrickson

IF

No not the 1970s classic chaotic film but a new "family film" with a host of well known faces and voices. 

OK for the kids who loved it, I fell asleep so I am unable to provide a rating other than the Vue recliners getting a 9/10

rudi must stay

You only live twice

Some of the sets in this were really cool

7/10

rudi must stay

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

An absolute dud

5/10

Ray Gin

The Outfit (Netflix)

7.5/10

Mark Rylance is excellent as a tailor who gets caught up in business with the mob, with the entire film taking place inside his shop.

Elljay

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes. Not the best in the recent series, but pretty entertaining. First part is your standard loner on quest to reunite with his clan/loved ones and interesting from a character and philosophy or morals development. Then it gets a bit shallow, gung-ho and James Bond-ish as the plucky hero and his group try to retrieve an artefact and destroy the big underground base. Obvious plot threads left for the sequels (no spoilers!). 7/10

rudi must stay

Diamonds are forever

Worst bond film I've seen

5/10

RustyRightPeg

Bullet Train.

7/10. 

rudi must stay

Occupied City

It's good but at 4 hours it is a slog

6/10

John Findlay
On 14/05/2024 at 13:07, rudi must stay said:

Diamonds are forever

Worst bond film I've seen

5/10

I'm the opposite. This was the first Bond film I saw in the cinema on my own.

The old Salon cinema that used to be just down the road or maybe even next door to the Playhouse. Circa 1971, I was 8 at the time.

Carl Fredrickson
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm the opposite. This was the first Bond film I saw in the cinema on my own.

The old Salon cinema that used to be just down the road or maybe even next door to the Playhouse. Circa 1971, I was 8 at the time.

Just for you John

A view of the Salon Cinema on Baxter Place in the 1970s. Picture: Scott McCutcheon.

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Just for you John

A view of the Salon Cinema on Baxter Place in the 1970s. Picture: Scott McCutcheon.

Thanks Carl.

Crazy, Stupid, Love.  Made in 2011.

It's a comedy with quite a good cast ... Steve Carrell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore, Emma Stone, Kevin Bacon.  So-so movie, but has a few laughs in it.  OK if you have a couple of hours to kill.

7/10

rudi must stay

The Fall Guy

Been a while since I've been to the cinema and enjoyed a film but this I enjoyed. Blunt and Gosling have star power as actors they can make a scene brilliant and there's plenty of scenes in this that they elevate to a higher level. and the comedy is original and funny. Recommend it 

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

A mothers instinct, 5/10. Had the feel of a TV movie off of hallmark channel, even with Anne hathaway and Jessica chastain. Not the best 

City of Lies (Netflix)

7/10

About the police corruption at the heart of the Biggie/TuPac murders. Solid performances by Johnny Depp and Forest Whitaker.

Edited by Ray Gin

The Hogfather

Renfield.

5/10, pretty disappointing. Blood effects were pretty awful. Absolutely not the film I thought it was going to be.

Edited by The Hogfather