The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Carl Fredrickson
21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I always go to Vue at Ocean Terminal. Never had any bother/problems there.

I used to be an Odeon Limitless member but the cost of kids tickets made it too expensive to go regularly with my kids. We now go to the Vue at OT and have never had any issues with other customers.

The Odeon Wester Hailes used to be a great cinema but latterly had issues with others ruining the experience. When I mentioned it to staff during one film they showed no interest. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've not been to the pictures for years, I swore I'd never go back after the last time for the same reasons, I don't have the patience anymore.

Same, older I get, the less I can bite my lip

43 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I always go to Vue at Ocean Terminal. Never had any bother/problems there.

we got the Wester Hailes one now, not had any bother inside that yet, outside a different story

luckyBatistuta
23 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I used to be an Odeon Limitless member but the cost of kids tickets made it too expensive to go regularly with my kids. We now go to the Vue at OT and have never had any issues with other customers.

The Odeon Wester Hailes used to be a great cinema but latterly had issues with others ruining the experience. When I mentioned it to staff during one film they showed no interest. 

Not the ticket prices for us. It’s the youngest “can I have a Tango Ice Blast”…ridiculous price and his brother with large popcorn and ice cream..,skint when I come out😅

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not the ticket prices for us. It’s the youngest “can I have a Tango Ice Blast”…ridiculous price and his brother with large popcorn and ice cream..,skint when I come out😅

If I took both my kids we would take our own snacks. If only one, if I was flush I would get them something but the prices are ridiculous. 

Precovid WH had a great team of staff who were knowledgeable about the films and would take time to chat and were great with the kids. I stopped going in December 2022 due to a number of issues and the pricing was crazy. Some of the kids prices were up to £12 a seat. The three of us can get into the Vue for what I was paying for the two kids. 

Never had any issues outside the cinema - either in the car park or in any of the shops. 

luckyBatistuta
31 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

If I took both my kids we would take our own snacks. If only one, if I was flush I would get them something but the prices are ridiculous. 

Precovid WH had a great team of staff who were knowledgeable about the films and would take time to chat and were great with the kids. I stopped going in December 2022 due to a number of issues and the pricing was crazy. Some of the kids prices were up to £12 a seat. The three of us can get into the Vue for what I was paying for the two kids. 

Never had any issues outside the cinema - either in the car park or in any of the shops. 

Group of young ones attack the cinema every once in a while according to staff. One night they had to exit through the side door as they were in the car park attacking the front doors, teenagers 

Carl Fredrickson
15 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Group of young ones attack the cinema every once in a while according to staff. One night they had to exit through the side door as they were in the car park attacking the front doors, teenagers 

Sorry to hear that. When I used to go (at least a couple of times a week), evenings there were security guards at the doors/in the car park. Never seen or heard of any trouble. 

I went to see the A24 4K restoration of Stop Making Sense tonight, nearly 40 years after seeing the original.  It is one of the greatest concert films every made, if not the greatest. Talking Heads (and supporting musicians) are superb, and David Byrne's performance is remarkable.

14 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I went to see the A24 4K restoration of Stop Making Sense tonight, nearly 40 years after seeing the original.  It is one of the greatest concert films every made, if not the greatest. Talking Heads (and supporting musicians) are superb, and David Byrne's performance is remarkable.

Absolute genius. A band at their peak led by one of the most fascinating front men of all time. 

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Absolute genius. A band at their peak led by one of the most fascinating front men of all time. 

And brilliantly directed.

15 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

And brilliantly directed.

As someone who used to tour with bands and is still involved in technical matters the concept and execution of the concert is superbly done. Even simple things like crew onstage holding lights and moving around the band making the shadows on the back wall are superbly simple. Everyone on the creative side is on song (no pun intended)

rudi must stay

Northern Comfort

Absolutely terrible

5/10

Eaten by lions

Painful, I did well to last half an hour. 

5/10

mrmarkus1981_1

Land of Bad.

Switch your brain off and watch stuff blow up action movie. I really enjoyed 👍

Americana

Watched The Sound of Freedom at the weekend. First 30 minutes is an emotional roller coaster, had put off watching it due to being an overly paranoid parent already. Remarkable story on an incredibly depressing subject.  

5 hours ago, Americana said:

Watched The Sound of Freedom at the weekend. First 30 minutes is an emotional roller coaster, had put off watching it due to being an overly paranoid parent already. Remarkable story on an incredibly depressing subject.  

Best film i've seen in years

Americana
3 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

Anybody seen Iron Claw yet, quite fancy it?

Outstanding, gets dark very quickly though.

Shanks said no

The Zone of Interest

8/10

Well that was some film. Its actually really difficult to summarise it. Its set almost entirely in the house and garden of Rudolf Höss's home adjacent to Auschwitz concentration camp. You don't see any of the horror on the other side of the garden wall but you hear it and there is a feeling of terror running through the whole film. 

We visited Auschwitz–Birkenau last month and the guide pointed out the house (its privately owned by a Polish family). For us this made the film even more shocking as we had been on the other side of the wall.

PS Omni Vue with a very well behaved audience

henrysmithsgloves

Absolutely anything movie on Amazon prime. typical Simon pegg movie,good laugh 9/10

JudyJudyJudy
On 20/02/2024 at 18:12, Shanks said no said:

PS Omni Vue with a very well behaved audience

I would hope so ! I want to see “ anatomy of a fall “ but it’s hardly been shown at the cinema . Sandra Brilull is also in this film . 

Madjambo21
On 20/02/2024 at 12:54, Disser Pointon said:

Anybody seen Iron Claw yet, quite fancy it?

Watched it a couple of nights ago and thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

Didn't know anything about the family so was surprised at what happened.

Does go to a dark and emotional place 😢 

Well worth a watch

Disser Pointon
16 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Watched it a couple of nights ago and thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

Didn't know anything about the family so was surprised at what happened.

Does go to a dark and emotional place 😢 

Well worth a watch

Cheers, plan to view it tonight.

Bob Marley : One Love. I’ve always liked Bob Marley so enjoyed the film and the music but I’d have liked some more detail. His affairs and the 6 children he had with other women maybe mentioned once. Noticed in the credits that Rita was involved in producing the film so that’ll be why.

Next to nothing on the actual guy who shot him and a bit vague on the reasons why.

No real detail about Bunny Wailer and Peter Tosh leaving the group. 

7/10 a biographical film that misses out significant parts of his life. Could have been so much better. 

Odeon Newcraighall was absolutely roasting. Must’ve been something up with the heating. The   heat was making me want to fall asleep 😴 

Edited by GinRummy

Disser Pointon

The Iron Claw. 7.5/10, really enjoyed it and, if you didn't know it was true, you'd never believe it.

rudi must stay

Next Goal Wins

Great premise but the film feels really cheap and the script is awful. Song bother with it

5)10

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Next Goal Wins

Great premise but the film feels really cheap and the script is awful. Song bother with it

5)10

The documentary about the story it was based on is a good watch. Same title.

Edited by Ray Gin

rudi must stay
45 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

👍 I've rented it

rudi must stay
23 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Id give It 8/10

rudi must stay

Naomi Osaka

It was decent but didn't reveal a champion and what makes her tick. Which was disappointing

6/10

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Naomi Osaka

It was decent but didn't reveal a champion and what makes her tick. Which was disappointing

6/10

where was that on Rudi ?

rudi must stay

Mark Cavendish : Never Enough

Netflix documentary. Really easy to watch and following an athlete that is truelly inspirational

10/10 

Dawnrazor

I've watched three films this week;

The Commitments 9/10.

The Blair Witch Project 9/10.

The Departed 9/10.

All classics, all completely different, all well worth the 9/10 score, belters.

Dawnrazor

The Outfit on Netflix, a really good film with a great twist, filmed pretty much in one room and it's like watching play, I really enjoyed it.

8.5/10

The Big Short.

A brilliant film I've seen loads of times.

9/10.

Poor Things (2023)
Another serving of hilarious surreal brilliance from Yorgos Lanthimos.

If you've seen "The Lobster" or "The Favourite" then you'll know the kind of fever-dream madness to expect from the director.

Emma Stone steals the show as a retarded Victorian woman finding her way in the world.
10/10

44 minutes ago, Cade said:

Poor Things (2023)
Another serving of hilarious surreal brilliance from Yorgos Lanthimos.

If you've seen "The Lobster" or "The Favourite" then you'll know the kind of fever-dream madness to expect from the director.

Emma Stone steals the show as a retarded Victorian woman finding her way in the world.
10/10

I’ve not seen the film yet but have read the book and she isn’t really “retarded”. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I’ve not seen the film yet but have read the book and she isn’t really “retarded”. 

Correct, but I was attempting to avoid spoilers.

rudi must stay

Captive State

A slow and intriguing film. It impressed me

8/10

Muppetboy

Giannis, the marvellous journey.  8/10

Documentary about the life of Greek/nigerian immigrant giannis antekotounmpo who became one of the nba's best players after a tough childhood living with his family in Athens.  Comes across as a true inspiration, a humble family loving guy who values the happiness of his loved ones over materialism and wealth. Excellent watch

Don’t want to be that guy but could people please get back into the thing of saying where they watched things such as what streaming service it’s on. 

rudi must stay

United 93

Seen it many times. I remember walking out with the audience at Cineworld no one saying a word then I saw it again same reaction. It does that to you this film what a horrific day but there were heroes that day that should never be forgotten 

10/10

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Captive State

A slow and intriguing film. It impressed me

8/10

This one is on iplayer

milky_26

boss level - 6.5/10 park your brain at the door action film about a guy who keeps repeating the same day but to reset the day he is getting killed and hunted by assassins and he does not know why.

@Tazio Amazon Prime

Madjambo21
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

boss level - 6.5/10 park your brain at the door action film about a guy who keeps repeating the same day but to reset the day he is getting killed and hunted by assassins and he does not know why.

@Tazio Amazon Prime

Love that movie.

JudyJudyJudy

“ The zone of interest “ 

startling and thought provoking film about a camp commandant of Auschwitz  and his family who live next door to the concentration camp . Stark contrast to their day to day humdrum lives to the horrors happening next door . The viewer doesn’t see anything but we can hear the shouting , screaming , despair and gun shots . There is also a humming noise all the way through it ( gas chambers burning I assume ) . A really brave approach to highlighting the horrors of that time . The performances are brilliant  . Esp the lead actor and Sandra Briull who plays his wife . 

Watching it you can kid yourself it’s a history lesson but then sit passively watching the nightly horror news re  Gaza . It’s the same . 

JudyJudyJudy

“ the iron claw “ Zac Efron showing how good an actor he is when given the chance . A true story about a family of wrestlers and how they were “ cursed “ 

7/10 for the acting 

Spoiler

Nice to see a happy ending to their misery at the end credits