The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

mrmarkus1981_1
31 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

Did you like it ? I still don't know what to think of it. 

I'm not sure either. There was always a feeling of something sinister happening but I genuinely thought it was going to be the other way round, if you know what I mean? (not wanting to spoil it for anyone).

The WTF moments, me and the mrs just glared at each other :D I wonder what goes on in some writers heads!!

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

I'm not sure either. There was always a feeling of something sinister happening but I genuinely thought it was going to be the other way round, if you know what I mean? (not wanting to spoil it for anyone).

The WTF moments, me and the mrs just glared at each other :D I wonder what goes on in some writers heads!!

Watched it last night. I think if it didn't have the WTF moments then the film would be instantly forgettable.

Muppetboy
10 hours ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

I'm surprised, but also not surprised that Saltburn hasn't been mentioned yet!

Some WTAF moments!!!

Was mentioned earlier on in thread by myself and Judy, basically echoing the wtf Ness 

rudi must stay

Don't Say A Word

Boring 5/10

Good on Paper

All men are evil usual American film these days

5/10

What We Wanted

They decide to dub the actors with thick Irish accents. The voices sound totally different to the people speaking, quite hilarious and entertaining

6/10

Sun Dogs

Not for me

5/10

mrmarkus1981_1
17 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Was mentioned earlier on in thread by myself and Judy, basically echoing the wtf Ness 

Apologies, must have missed those

Race to the summit and Nyad, both on netflix telling tales of people who achieved remarkable feats, and were probably a little bit crazy.

rudi must stay

The Banshees Of Inisherin

I must admit I am ABIT of a Farrell in really life so this film used to annoy me. But you know what it is a great film, great conversations and the scenery is beautiful. Great film 

8/10

Muppetboy

Obviously not a film but watched the new Ricky Gervais special, armageddon. Very clever and funny too, I absolutely love extras and the office, but some of this is close to the bone and goes to uncomfortable places that personally doesn't sit well with me.  He justifies the jokes in his own way, whether I agree is another matter tho

rudi must stay

Napoleon

Very nice looking movie visually. Joaquin Phoenix is pretty good at Napoleon too. Loved it

10/10

Rudi, you have a lot of time on your hands to watch all these movies eh 😆

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Negan said:

Rudi, you have a lot of time on your hands to watch all these movies eh 😆

I reckon he just watches the trailers. 

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

I reckon he just watches the trailers. 

No watched all the films 

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No watched all the films 

Only joking. I love movies too. Wish I had more time to watch more. 

Muppetboy

Eileen, 8/10. Quiet girl with a drunk, retired police chief as a dad belittling her, struggling to get over the death of his wife. Then a glamorous Anne hathaway enters Eileen's life and then infatuation ensues.  Things take a dark turn. Enjoyed this film, excellent performances throughout.  

rudi must stay

True Things

Ruth Wilson is superb in this film

6/10

Napoleon Dynamite

Loved it. Funniest film I've seen seen

10/10

Creed III

Michael B Jordon acting like a big shot battering people. Seen two of them this one lacked any spark and originality

5/10

Tesla

Some odd choices directorally. Fascinating man and it's a good film

6/10

rudi must stay

Take The 10

Good comedy 

6/10

Father Of The Year

Decent as well

6/10

Carrie Pilby

Genius who struggles to connect with people. The young actress starring put in a good shift

7/10

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

I've tried it before and have never been impressed with it. But I thought today I will sit and watch it. It has some scenes that raise it as a film. It's not Tarantino's best work but it's a return to form for him, as I didn't rate Hateful Eight, IMO ofcourse

8/10

rudi must stay

The Meyerowitz Stories

Fair play everyone that said Adam Sandler is underrated. He was brilliant in this. I thought this was brilliant, everyone is good in it

8/10

Godzilla Minus 1 x a pretty good monster movie with involving human drama and some pointed political elements. Godzilla itself probably the least well developed part. Lots of references to previous instalments for the knowledgeable.

Only recommended for those without subtitlephobia.😉

Dawnrazor

Saltburn.

7/10.

Worth watching, Richard E Grant and Rosamund Pike are brilliant.

JudyJudyJudy

“ Maestro” with Bradley Cooper and Carey Mulligan. Cooper plays Leonard Bernstein and Milligan his wife . The film explores his rise to fame as a conductor and his bi sexuality and how it impacted on his relationship with his wife . Both leads are really outstanding , particularly Mulligan. Shame the best actress award can’t be shared between her and the firm favourite Lily Gladstone as she is sensational in this film . Mind you the performance is the reward I feel . Only been one tie in Oscar history for best actress and both deserved it for very different performances . Katherine Hepburn in 

“ The lion in winter “ and Babs For 

“ Funny girl “ . Cooper faces probably one of the great best actor races too I feel . He might just pip passed Cillian Murphy 

JudyJudyJudy
On 06/01/2024 at 13:26, Vansen said:

Sound of Freedom 

Horrific and vile subject matter told with tact, delicacy and decency. The story of Tim Ballard, and the rescue of children from human trafficking and child abuse. 

This was a hard watch in places but I was engrossed throughout.

9.5/10. 

Sadly it’s been condemned by the left as “ right wing “ propaganda would you believe ! 

48 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sadly it’s been condemned by the left as “ right wing “ propaganda would you believe ! 

Crazy right?! The film doesn't have a heavy religious tone and none of it is based on the QAnon conspiracy nonsense! 🙄 

rudi must stay

The Ice King 

Very good documentary about Ice Skater John Currie

8/10

American Gangster

I think this film is very overrated. Probably the worst I've seen Russell Crowe in anything

6/10

Miss Bala 

Rubbish

5/10

Dawnrazor
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think this film is very overrated. Probably the worst I've seen Russell Crowe in....

Worse than The Popes Exorcist?

Dawnrazor
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Not seen it 

Don't rush.

14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Worse than The Popes Exorcist?

American gangster is a good film. The popes exorcist is pish and so is the one he plays Noah.

Crowe is a brilliant actor and a bit mental, so that puts him up a few rankings.

Edited by ri Alban

Dawnrazor
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

American gangster is a good film. The popes exorcist is pish and so is the one he plays Noah.

Crowe is a brilliant actor and a bit mental, so that puts him up a few rankings.

I though Noah was good.

I've not seen American Gangster yet but I'll have to watch it.

I like Russell Crowe, like you say he's a great actor and a wee bit mental, but he seems to be a bit of a maverick and likes rugby.

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

I though Noah was good.

I've not seen American Gangster yet but I'll have to watch it.

I like Russell Crowe, like you say he's a great actor and a wee bit mental, but he seems to be a bit of a maverick and likes rugby.

I watched American Gangster yesterday.  Its a Denzil film, with a great cast, so all good.

Disser Pointon

Watched Marvellous for a second time, on the back of watching Toby Jones in the post office series, such an amazing feel good film....... And a true story!!!! 9.5/10, if you haven't seen it, watch it.

Edited by Disser Pointon

JudyJudyJudy
18 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The Ice King 

Very good documentary about Ice Skater John Currie

8/10

American Gangster

I think this film is very overrated. Probably the worst I've seen Russell Crowe in anything

6/10

Miss Bala 

Rubbish

5/10

Agree re " The Ice King" .very moving documentary. However " American Gangster" was brilliant and Russell Crowe is one of the great actors of his generation.  I rate him with Jake Gallehnall and Edward Norton.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Agree re " The Ice King" .very moving documentary. However " American Gangster" was brilliant and Russell Crowe is one of the great actors of his generation.  I rate him with Jake Gallehnall and Edward Norton.

Just a film that does nothing for me. Just like Body Of Lies, they just miss that spark visually that some of Ridley Scott's films have. Absolutely, he is superb absolutely brilliant in LA Confidential and Unhinged 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Just a film that does nothing for me. Just like Body Of Lies, they just miss that spark visually that some of Ridley Scott's films have. Absolutely, he is superb absolutely brilliant in LA Confidential and Unhinged 

For some reason he reminds me of my acting idol Brando.

rudi must stay

Maudie

Pleasant film

6/10

Red Rocket

Didn't rate it

5/10

Yardie

Style but not alot of substance

6/10

Americana

Watched Society of The Snow last night.

Telling tale of survival from the Rugby team from Uraguay`s Plane Crash in the Andes.

Very well told and a fair bit darker than the 90s version "Alive". Struggle to tell if it was well acted, I always do watching dubbed media.

8/10

the posh bit

The Lodge

Nothing new. Very average. 

Next Goal Wins

Funny as **** once it gets going, mainly due to the lead role. 

rudi must stay

Captain Underpants

Very funny and it has a good story. Any parents this is very much a family film

8/10

T.I.M

Ambitious British film. Good idea but not the best acting

7/10

Cyrano

What a pretentious and boring film

5/10

Firestarter

Horror but pretty tame. If it was wind instead of fire it could be a comedy. But alas the directors decided differently

6/10

rudi must stay

Saltburn

You have to be very confident in your film putting a maze in, straight out of The Shining. But Kubrick would have been proud to call Saltburn his own, it doesn't put a foot wrong it is engrossing and Barry Keoghan puts in a great confident performance. He is the future of acting, to be honest I prefer him to Chalamet he is picking tougher roles. Has to be 10/10 

rudi must stay

Judas And The Black Messiah 

Kaluuya raises an average film. He got the oscar and deservedly so

7/10

rudi must stay

Windfall

Dull

6/10

Moonlight

It has scenes that elevate but in the main it's quite average

7/10

Without Remorse

Very impressed with Without Remorse. The look of the film is great and it plods along at a great pace

8/10

Ghost

Filmed on an iPhone. The acting is poor and not a lot happens. I don't recommend it

5/10

rudi must stay

The Wee Man

Decent film. Martin Compston is quite good in it 

7/10

Edited by rudi must stay

jimbojambo

The last bus on the BBC iplayer with Timothy Spall is a wonderfully moving film which anyone married for a long time will enjoy as it takes us on life's long journey. Highly recommend 

Edited by jimbojambo
Incorrect description

the posh bit
On 17/01/2024 at 18:54, Dawnrazor said:

Bone Tomahawk. 

8/10.

Brilliant film.

Agree on the score but once was enough. 

Dawnrazor
44 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Agree on the score but once was enough. 

😅 aye, it is a bit gruesome in bits right enough !

rudi must stay

Hunter Killer

Decent 

6/10

Kandahar

It's another good Gerard Butler film. He's picking quite wisely

7/10

Mindcage

10 minutes was enough

5/10

Devotion

Very solid film. Nice visually solid acting

7/10

Air

Wonderful sports film. Viola Davis is absolutely brilliant in it. Really enjoyed it so I'll say 10/10

rudi must stay

Ronnie O'Sullivan On The Edge Of Greatness

Wow incredible. As good as the Alex Ferguson documentary

10/10