The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Disser Pointon
On 17/01/2024 at 18:54, Dawnrazor said:

Bone Tomahawk. 

8/10.

Brilliant film.

18 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Agree on the score but once was enough. 

17 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

😅 aye, it is a bit gruesome in bits right enough !

Agreed. 🤢

rudi must stay

Blue Jay

Meh

5/10

The Wrong Missy

Pleasant film. Didn't like all the choices the film made but has some funny moments

6/10

Locked In

Too depressing for me

5/10

The Kitchen

Terrible film. Ian Wright's cameo is very odd

5/10

JudyJudyJudy
On 15/01/2024 at 21:06, rudi must stay said:

Captain Underpants

Very funny and it has a good story. Any parents this is very much a family film

8/10

T.I.M

Ambitious British film. Good idea but not the best acting

7/10

Cyrano

What a pretentious and boring film

5/10

Firestarter

Horror but pretty tame. If it was wind instead of fire it could be a comedy. But alas the directors decided differently

6/10

You must go through some pop corn 🌽 Rudi 

Rudi does with film reviews, what I did with book reviews at school. I'd read the first 2 or 3 pages, a couple in the middle and the end. Then write about that. Worked every time.

Edited by ri Alban

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Rudi does with film reviews, what I did with book reviews at school. I'd read the first 2 or 3 pages, a couple in the middle and the end. Then write about that. Worked every time.

😄

Malinga the Swinga
On 16/01/2024 at 22:18, rudi must stay said:

Saltburn

You have to be very confident in your film putting a maze in, straight out of The Shining. But Kubrick would have been proud to call Saltburn his own, it doesn't put a foot wrong it is engrossing and Barry Keoghan puts in a great confident performance. He is the future of acting, to be honest I prefer him to Chalamet he is picking tougher roles. Has to be 10/10 

You must be high. Utter drivel from start to finish. 2 out of 10 thanks to the soundtrack and Pike. 

It's an insult to even put Kubrick's name next to this pile of pish.

All in my opinion of course.

rudi must stay
35 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You must be high. Utter drivel from start to finish. 2 out of 10 thanks to the soundtrack and Pike. 

Ah well you're opinion is fine. I like weird films best 

Carl Fredrickson

Saltburn. Tried this before Christmas but turned it off after about an hour. Not to my liking. However loads of positive reviews made me revisit it. Watched it all the way through and I must say, it is complete pish. 

Next Goal Wins struggling for family films at the cinema recently. Last we went to see was Wonka (wonderful film) but went to see Next Goal Wins today. The trailers make it look like a full on comedy which it isnt. My kids are 8 and 13 and the three of us all enjoyed it. I thought the stories of the individuals was better than the comedy angle. 7/10

12 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Saltburn. Tried this before Christmas but turned it off after about an hour. Not to my liking. However loads of positive reviews made me revisit it. Watched it all the way through and I must say, it is complete pish. 

Next Goal Wins struggling for family films at the cinema recently. Last we went to see was Wonka (wonderful film) but went to see Next Goal Wins today. The trailers make it look like a full on comedy which it isnt. My kids are 8 and 13 and the three of us all enjoyed it. I thought the stories of the individuals was better than the comedy angle. 7/10

Watched Saltburn last night, really enjoyed it, obviously a couple of very strange scenes but thought it was a very clever film and the storyline was the opposite of what I was expecting 

the posh bit
7 hours ago, lou said:

Watched Saltburn last night, really enjoyed it, obviously a couple of very strange scenes but thought it was a very clever film and the storyline was the opposite of what I was expecting 

Solid 8. Some cracking performances, Rosalind Pike is brilliant and funny. 

rudi must stay

Wonka

Very impressed with this film. Comedy is tough as it can feel forced but I thought most of them were funny. Chalamet is a wonderful talent really is, he's the future of Hollywood acting

10/10

JudyJudyJudy
23 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Wonka

Very impressed with this film. Comedy is tough as it can feel forced but I thought most of them were funny. Chalamet is a wonderful talent really is, he's the future of Hollywood acting

10/10

Yes went to see it at the pics and really enjoyed it. 

Some Like It Rare

French subtitled comedy about a miserable married couple who own a struggling butcher shop. Without giving too much away, they have a run in with vegan activists.

Good laugh, hopefully for vegans too!

Placid Casual

Saw "Anatomy Of A Fall" at the Cameo last week. Very much enjoyed this. Outstanding performances, even the dog was brilliant!

9/10

Americana
On 21/01/2024 at 18:29, Malinga the Swinga said:

Always amazes me when someone gives a bang average film a 10. Same as having a "is Saltburn as good as The Godfather" conversation .

Pretty strict with this film scoring shit. Saltburn is 7 at best and is now responsible for Sophie Ellis Bexter being on the radio every hour and bam kids doing dance routine tik toks on public transport , knocking it down to a 6.

Americana

Rounding off 2023 lets hear everyones three films of last year not to be missed.

1. Society of The Snow

2. Tetris

3. The Deepest Breath 

On 21/01/2024 at 20:12, Carl Fredrickson said:

Have you seen the original documentary, also Next Goal Wins? I haven't seen the remake but hard to understand why a film was needed, the original was terrific and fairly recent (2014)

Carl Fredrickson
2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Have you seen the original documentary, also Next Goal Wins? I haven't seen the remake but hard to understand why a film was needed, the original was terrific and fairly recent (2014)

I havent. Do you know if it is on a streaming service or the name of it so that I can look for it? 

Edit - Google says it is the same name as the film. Will try and find it

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I havent. Do you know if it is on a streaming service or the name of it so that I can look for it? 

Edit - Google says it is the same name as the film. Will try and find it

I'm 99% sure it was on Sky Documentaries channel, seemed to come up quite often when I watched it. If you watch it I'd be interested in your review to compare 👍

Carl Fredrickson
28 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I'm 99% sure it was on Sky Documentaries channel, seemed to come up quite often when I watched it. If you watch it I'd be interested in your review to compare 👍

Found it! Will watch it later and report back. 

Malinga the Swinga
On 18/01/2024 at 22:58, Dawnrazor said:

Morbius.

2 / 10.

Shite.....Utter UTTER SHITE.

I'm not sure, would you recommend it?

Dawnrazor
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'm not sure, would you recommend it?

Nope, more chance of Oscar Pistorious getting athletes foot than me watching that shite again.

Dawnrazor
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Morbius isn't that bad. Worth a watch

It's shite ri, if it was a human it'd be a cross between Boris, Starmer, Yusev, Truss and Trump in shiteness, if M&S did shite, that's how shite it would be.

rudi must stay

Watched the documentary on Michael Barrymore and thf swimming pool incident. Very interesting it's on channel 4 player 

Edited by rudi must stay

Carl Fredrickson
On 25/01/2024 at 14:10, RobboM said:

Watched it last night and really enjoyed it. The new movie has some "artistic licence" with its storyline. The documentary also highlights the stories of the individuals too which I probably enjoyed most about the new movie. Heart warming stuff but some of the standard of football was worse than the Hobos. 

9 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Watched it last night and really enjoyed it. The new movie has some "artistic licence" with its storyline. The documentary also highlights the stories of the individuals too which I probably enjoyed most about the new movie. Heart warming stuff but some of the standard of football was worse than the Hobos. 

Cheers CF
Filmed on location at their coo shed 😂

Carl Fredrickson
8 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Cheers CF
Filmed on location at their coo shed 😂

The American Samoans are far nicer than the Hobos though similar sized crowds watching them,

rudi must stay

Hitler the rise of evil

Proper Hitler with Robert Carlyle. Downfall makes Hitler look like an amicable guy. Not the case he was radge 

8/10

True Lies. I hadn't watched it for years. Really enjoyed it. 

They certainly don't make Action heros like Arnie, Sly, Mel, Kurt, Patrick, Bruce and Jean Claude anymore. 

On 24/01/2024 at 18:50, rudi must stay said:

A Man Called Otto

A lovely film. Hanks is terrific

8/10

I’ve just finished watching this. Not what I expected really as I thought it was going to be more of a comedy but it’s an emotional rollercoaster. Thoroughly enjoyed it though and Hanks is indeed terrific in it. 

heatonjambo

Midnight run

Watched it again today for no other reason it flashed up on my ipad

still one of my favourite films

cant believe it’s 35years old 🤦🏻‍♂️

if u have never seen it watch and if you have watch it again 

brilliant film and de Nero at his best

luckyBatistuta
On 27/01/2024 at 13:46, ri Alban said:

True Lies. I hadn't watched it for years. Really enjoyed it. 

They certainly don't make Action heros like Arnie, Sly, Mel, Kurt, Patrick, Bruce and Jean Claude anymore. 

C’mon, we all know you popped it back on for the Jamie Lee scene ri

The Equalizer 3.  
I enjoyed it but then I enjoy knock em down drag em out movies with gratuitous violence. 
My wife on the other hand………

8/10 for me. But I understand it might not be to everyone’s taste😂

11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

C’mon, we all know you popped it back on for the Jamie Lee scene ri

You're contacts name is Boris and yours will be

Natasha

No Doris

JudyJudyJudy

All of us strangers “  it’s been getting a lot of awards buzz but was basically snubbed at the Oscar . 

It’s a ghost / love story about a gay man trying to get over the death of his parents 30 years ago . He then meets with them again ( hence the ghost story element ) . It’s a really emotional film about family , love , grief . The acting is superb from Andrew Scott ( Moriarty in “ Sherlock”) Paul Mascel and Clare Foy and Jamie Bell as his parents. In the film he goes back to his family home the day his parents died 30 years ago and has various conversations with them . 

.  There’s a really great scene when the character is speaking to his mum and he comes out to her and she says isn’t gay life really a 

“ lonely life “ and he says rather indignantly that it was like that 30 years ago ( when they died) but it isn’t now .

The viewer knows he’s kidding himself on I feel . It’s such an interesting plot as it made me think and others I suppose what kind of questions might you ask a dead loved one about if you were given the chance to ? Yes it’s a complete fantasy story but it’s quite profound. 

9/10 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

You're contacts name is Boris and yours will be

Natasha

No Doris

😁

Watched a few films recently as have a 6 week old baby in the house and well.. .

Saltburn - 6/10 - was  -a bit pish but the ending pays it off. Also my better half's reaction to a few scenes made it worthwhile

Wonka - 6/10 - kids movie - ok I guess - tries to capture the original magic I did laugh out loud a few times,  some really good over the top pantomime acting. 

New hunger games 4/10- song of snakes or something - rubbish - just rubbish -

The Marvels - I am  a huge Marvel fan- I liked Ms Marvel tv show - this was average to say the least,,,, its another 6/10 for me (i'd probably watch it again  before Thor4, new Black Panther, new Ant Man )

Blue Beetle  - 3/10 - just ~No... .its a No