The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Videodrome.  1983 film with Debbie Harry and James Woods.  Superb 80’s fare

“As the president of a trashy TV channel, Max Renn (James Woods) is desperate for new programming to attract viewers. When he happens upon "Videodrome," a TV show dedicated to gratuitous torture and punishment, Max sees a potential hit and broadcasts the show on his channel. However, after his girlfriend (Deborah Harry) auditions for the show and never returns, Max investigates the truth behind Videodrome and discovers that the graphic violence may not be as fake as he thought.’

8/10

Bull on Netflix, starring Neil Maskell, who was the reason I decided to watch it as like him as an actor. Low budget revenge thriller, reminiscent of Dead Man's Shoes, but not quite as good as that.

8/10

On 14/08/2023 at 22:42, 1971fozzy said:

The Deepest Breath (Netflix).

great docufilm about the extreme sport of underwater diving and the true story of a diver and her relationship.

sounds boring but it is superb and a very touching tale.  
9/10

Another great tragic sports doc by Netflix , check out The Alpinist on there too, same idea but more mountains and less ocean.

Disser Pointon
16 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

A Man Called Otto

This will not be to everyones liking but I loved it. Quite an emotional watch with a few funny moments. 

8/10

i enjoyed it as well, Hanks has made very few poor movies. Wife was bubbling at the end!

Carl Fredrickson
21 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

i enjoyed it as well, Hanks has made very few poor movies. Wife was bubbling at the end!

I had something in my eye too. May be where I am in life and family etc but it really hit a note with me.

6 hours ago, Americana said:

Another great tragic sports doc by Netflix , check out The Alpinist on there too, same idea but more mountains and less ocean.

👍cheers, will do 

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I had something in my eye too. May be where I am in life and family etc but it really hit a note with me.

Maybe you had fish in your eye

Oppenheimer 9/10

Perhaps down to my ignorance, but I knew nothing of him or his backstory. I’m working my way through the book that was used as a reference for the film, that is also fantastic. 

6 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Watched Heat last night. Sensational film

US Marine recruits are shown the bank gunfight as an example of how to perform fire&move and fast reloads. 

That's how good it is.

:sweeet:

JudyJudyJudy

“ Dune” . Loved it . Very deep stuff really . Great acting and sets and costumes and music by the great Hans Zimmer . The director also did the extraordinary 

“ Arrival “ . 

5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

“ Dune” . Loved it . Very deep stuff really . Great acting and sets and costumes and music by the great Hans Zimmer . The director also did the extraordinary 

“ Arrival “ . 

Cannot wait for Part 2! 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Vansen said:

Cannot wait for Part 2! 

It’s released November apparently 

Watched Blue Beetle at the cinema with my kid.

Thought it was a good laugh and not as bad as some of the recent superhero movies.

7/10

On 20/08/2023 at 08:52, Harry Potter said:

Halloween Kills, 2021, Netflix, Very graphic and gory , to be expected, limited story , 6/10.

I always thought Rob Zombies retake on the original was the best one , everything after that was pretty tragic.

rudi must stay

Land

Miserable drama with Robin Wright. I thought it was excellent and she was too

8/10

Hypnotic

Ben Affleck is terrible in this poor action drama

5/10

As always I have thrown an ambassadorial cloak over those so they can't be quoted

rudi must stay
On 20/08/2023 at 02:23, JudyJudyJudy said:

“ Arrival “ . 

I agree Arrival is brilliant

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I agree Arrival is brilliant

It really is . Wish I had seen it at the pics . It reminds me of “ contact “ which is incredible too . 

henrysmithsgloves
On 07/08/2023 at 22:26, Ray Gin said:

Dune (prime)

8.5/10

Spectacular. Looking forward to the next part.

Try and get to the cinema,if it's anything like dune😎

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Kandahar was pretty good.

Decent action and pretty much a trademark Butler flick. 

5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Decent action and pretty much a trademark Butler flick. 

I was pleasantly surprised. Plane was good anaw. He should stick to being Scottish. 😃

Samuel Camazzola
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I was pleasantly surprised. Plane was good anaw. He should stick to being Scottish. 😃

Not watched that yet. I think Greenland was the last one of his I caught. Den of Thieves is recommended too. 

24 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Not watched that yet. I think Greenland was the last one of his I caught. Den of Thieves is recommended too. 

Seen them all. I like his pishy films. Especially the fallen movies. London, Olympus and Angel. But RocknRolla, Law abiding citizen and 300 are my favourite films of his.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Seen them all. I like his pishy films. Especially the fallen movies. London, Olympus and Angel. But RocknRolla, Law abiding citizen and 300 are my favourite films of his.

👍 

I'm sure there was a recent release as a 'Sky Exclusive' about his wife being kidnapped. Will need to look it up though. 

10 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

👍

I'm sure there was a recent release as a 'Sky Exclusive' about his wife being kidnapped. Will need to look it up though. 

image.png.7a48730b29277a5ebe30be715f58a1be.png

rudi must stay

A Good Person

Big fan of Florence Pugh is the film good? Not really no

5/10

Plane

Gerard Butler stars in this plane crash movie. Butler is captivating in this as the films standout actor

6/10

Disser Pointon

Still, Michael J Fox documentary on Disney. Very poignant and full credit to him for the way he's dealt with it, especially after being diagnosed at such a young age. 7/10

On 14/08/2023 at 22:42, 1971fozzy said:

The Deepest Breath (Netflix).

great docufilm about the extreme sport of underwater diving and the true story of a diver and her relationship.

sounds boring but it is superb and a very touching tale.  
9/10

This was great.

Last voyage of the demeter,  6/10. Atmospheric enough and a cool depiction of dracula but too slow and uneventful, and just the odd scare.

rudi must stay

Indiana Jones at the dial of destiny

Watched this today. It is a cold film, not a lot of warmth in the characters even Indiana. As a film I had no problems with the characters the woman is a free spirit but woman are these days, Mads played it very interesting in a great role he is a super actor. Good film entertaining and befitting of a great trilogy more so probably than Kingdom of the crystal skull

8/10

Equaliser 3

Really enjoyed this. Wouldn't say it was a brilliant film but it didn't have to be. Denzel is great and both he and the director have created an arc over 3 films where you care about the character. I find that quite rare in movies these days.

The film ties things up quite nicely so overall this was a solid 7/10.

On 28/08/2023 at 17:50, Disser Pointon said:

Still, Michael J Fox documentary on Disney. Very poignant and full credit to him for the way he's dealt with it, especially after being diagnosed at such a young age. 7/10

luckyBatistuta
On 07/09/2023 at 20:21, Vansen said:

Equaliser 3

Really enjoyed this. Wouldn't say it was a brilliant film but it didn't have to be. Denzel is great and both he and the director have created an arc over 3 films where you care about the character. I find that quite rare in movies these days.

The film ties things up quite nicely so overall this was a solid 7/10.

Thought it was really good. As you say, it ties things up well. Actually think it’s my favourite of the three. No idea how it’s rated only a 15 though, some brutal death scenes.

8/10

rudi must stay

The Little Things

Here I am again with a wildly different score to everyone else. But it reminded me of Se7en which is a great film

8/10

This is a great wee video of William Freidkin talking about what his favourite films are.  He recently died. He was an outstanding director . " The Exorcist" " The French connection " etc  His choices of films are superb. RIP