The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

JudyJudyJudy
On 07/06/2023 at 12:01, rudi must stay said:

Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool

A poignant film. I thoroughly recommend it on iPlayer

8/10

Yes I read the book . Annette Bening is great as the legendary film noir actress Gloria Grahame . I’d agree 8/10. 

4 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Creed 3 

6.5(possibly a 7)/10 Far better than I was expecting. Have enjoyed the Creed series.

Enjoyed this too. Think the way the Creed films deal with deafness has been done very well as well. 

19 hours ago, Vansen said:

Enjoyed this too. Think the way the Creed films deal with deafness has been done very well as well. 

I liked everything except ****ing around with the visuals during the main event, didnt seem necessary .

Hangover Sunday yesterday got through..

John Wick Chapter 4 - 7/10 not a huge fan of the serious but was entertaining enough with good charcters.

Fast X - 3/10 Truly awful- Jason Mamoa should be blacklisted after taking this part.

On 10/06/2023 at 06:56, ri Alban said:

The covenant. Lost interest.

I really enjoyed that. Solid 8/10

48 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I really enjoyed that. Solid 8/10

I'll give it another go.

On 12/06/2023 at 16:07, rudi must stay said:

Kong Vs Godzilla

Visually nice. Entertaining

8/10

Love a monsterverse movie, make you feel like a kid again.

chester copperpot

I watched and introduced my Mrs to Caddyshack the other night.

Hadn't watched in 30 odd years however still had me chuckling, mostly how bad the acting was however still got wee bits of humour in it that made both of us chuckle :lol:

7/10

Samuel Camazzola

Ghosted. (Apple TV+) 

Ana De Armas, Chris Evans, Adrian Bridie and a Fleeting visit from Ryan Reynolds. 

Enjoyable nonsense with plenty humour and action. 

7/10

Telford_jambo123

The flash 1/10

awful. Yes it's good for the nostalgics having Keaton as Batman but other than that biggest pile of crap I've seen in a long time 

rudi must stay

Pixie (Netflix)

Easy watch. Ireland looks beautiful in it too

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Cocaine Bear on Amazon Prime. 7/10

Doesn't even pretend to be high art, just a ridiculous caper with over the top stuff all the way through it. And all the better for it. 

rudi must stay
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Cocaine Bear on Amazon Prime. 7/10

Doesn't even pretend to be high art, just a ridiculous caper with over the top stuff all the way through it. And all the better for it. 

Yes it's a good film. Not a fan of caper when discussing films bit over fashioned

John Findlay
On 08/06/2023 at 22:29, Pans Jambo said:

Just watched Copland. 
Stallone, DeNiro, Harvey Keitel & Ray Liotta. 
Police corruption in a New Jersey town that NYC cops live in. Excellent film. 9/10. 

Harvey Kietel steals the film for me. Stallone proves he can act though.

19 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

My scene these days

10/10

Classic.

Extraction (2020)

Thor stars as mercenary charged with the task of retrieving the son of an Indian crime boss.

A solid action thriller.

Directorial debut for a former stunt co-ordinator.
As you can imagine, the action is on point.
A very decent way to spend a couple of hours.

8/10

Just now, Cade said:

Extraction (2020)

Thor stars as mercenary charged with the task of retrieving the son of an Indian crime boss.

A solid action thriller.

Directorial debut for a former stunt co-ordinator.
As you can imagine, the action is on point.
A very decent way to spend a couple of hours.

8/10

I’ve just finished the second one, not as good as the first sadly. Very well done action sequences but didn’t feel like it had the same sense of urgency as the first which I really enjoyed. 

Sequel is on the cards for tomorrow night.

After the success of the first film, which was a low-budget, small-scale, claustrophobic film, the sequel has had a big budget increase in an attempt to kick-start this as an ongoing franchise, even moving towards big screen releases.

And with that always comes with more story padding as things are set up for more sequels or other characters given more screen time to set up spinoffs.

We know the drill by now.
Franchises aim for the moon but often become bloated and choke to death on their own mythos.

I'll see what I think about the sequel the morra.

Edited by Cade

Sex Panther
On 16/06/2023 at 23:18, rudi must stay said:

The Flash

Entertaining film highly recommend it

8/10

Another 8/10 from me too. Seen it last night and found it highly enjoyable.

Fully agree on 10/10 for One flew over the cuckoo's nest as well. An absolute masterpiece.

Edited by Sex Panther

JudyJudyJudy
On 16/06/2023 at 10:59, Dawnrazor said:

The Many Saints of Newark.

5 / 10.

Bang average.

Yes it was very disappointing . I’m a massive “ sopranos “ fan . 

JudyJudyJudy
On 19/06/2023 at 17:06, rudi must stay said:

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

My scene these days

10/10

In my top 3 favourite all time films , one of the greatest ensemble acting of any film . Very moving and has a lot to say about the individual against the authority of the state . 

10 hours ago, Cade said:

Sequel is on the cards for tomorrow night.

After the success of the first film, which was a low-budget, small-scale, claustrophobic film, the sequel has had a big budget increase in an attempt to kick-start this as an ongoing franchise, even moving towards big screen releases.

And with that always comes with more story padding as things are set up for more sequels or other characters given more screen time to set up spinoffs.

We know the drill by now.
Franchises aim for the moon but often become bloated and choke to death on their own mythos.

I'll see what I think about the sequel the morra.

I watched the sequel last night and quite enjoyed it, fairly non-stop brutal action, although you can see they definitely want to make more of them and attempt to make it into a franchise.

Extraction 2 (2023)

Bigger and bolder than the original but verging on sliding over the edge into John Wick levels of unreality.

But if I wanted to Watch John Wick, I'd watch John Wick.

They trying to make it into a long running franchise with the mysterious new boss being teased by Idris Elba....perhaps along the lines of Mission Impossible?
But if I wanted to watch Mission Impossible, I'd watch Mission Impossible.

I think Extraction is going to end up the Fast franchise, being shat out every 2 years and getting ever more silly and stupid.

Sequel scores a 6.5/10.

Edited by Cade

Malinga the Swinga
19 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just finished the second one, not as good as the first sadly. Very well done action sequences but didn’t feel like it had the same sense of urgency as the first which I really enjoyed. 

The wee guy who was kidnapped in first film was sympathetic and decent on movie. You sort of felt he had connection to Hemsworth.

In second film, the son was a prick from start to finish, and there was no connection between him and any of other actors.

Bad casting or bad writing I guess but Extraction 3 will no doubt be with us in year or so.

John Wick 4. More of the same sort of stuff as the first 3, extended Uber violent scenes, well choreographed epic fights, and not a lot of dialogue. Thoroughly enjoyable, and a very brief post credit scene at the very end of the very long credits. 

Edit. And a serious work out for your TV sound system if you have one. I had to knock the subwoofer down a bit as the room was shaking at some points. 

Edited by Tazio

On 22/06/2023 at 23:23, Tazio said:

John Wick 4. More of the same sort of stuff as the first 3, extended Uber violent scenes, well choreographed epic fights, and not a lot of dialogue. Thoroughly enjoyable, and a very brief post credit scene at the very end of the very long credits. 

Edit. And a serious work out for your TV sound system if you have one. I had to knock the subwoofer down a bit as the room was shaking at some points. 

indeed. Sound is reference for the system. Superb ATMOS on this one

The Lighthouse (2019)
starring Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe as 2 keepers sent to maintain the lighthouse for 4 weeks and their journey to complete madness. Not a cheery one but a brilliant film that plays in the mind. God only knows how it got away with a 15 certificate. Disturbing. It’s in black and white and 4:3 ratio. Outstanding acting

JudyJudyJudy

All quiet on the western front “ 2022

This was outstanding . Illustrated  the futility of war so well . Very graphic and harrowing scenes . Very well acted and a great music score too .  Think it was nominated for a lot of Oscar’s . No wonder . Very somber viewing . 

9/10 from me 

Spoiler

I’ll need to read up about the last 15 mins or so to see if this actually happened . 

rudi must stay
56 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Catch The Fair One

10 every day of the week. Honestly it's brilliant

I would give it 5/10. Poor script

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Catch The Fair One

10 every day of the week. Honestly it's brilliant

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I would give it 5/10. Poor script

Quite a u-turn! 😂 

54 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Quite a u-turn! 😂 

Forgot to log out and use his 2nd account? :ninja: 

the posh bit
On 25/06/2023 at 18:23, 1971fozzy said:

The Lighthouse (2019)
starring Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe as 2 keepers sent to maintain the lighthouse for 4 weeks and their journey to complete madness. Not a cheery one but a brilliant film that plays in the mind. God only knows how it got away with a 15 certificate. Disturbing. It’s in black and white and 4:3 ratio. Outstanding acting

Terrific film. Two brilliant performances.