The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay

The Fabelmans

theres nobody better than Spielberg at creating films that show the magic of cinema and acting. He has created a wonderful uplifting film by the way Paul Dano what a talented actor

10/10

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Watched JW4. Sigh!

The top-down dragon's breath shotgun scene alone makes that film worth the admission fee.

:scenes:

4 hours ago, Cade said:

The top-down dragon's breath shotgun scene alone makes that film worth the admission fee.

:scenes:

Literally just watched it.

Beautiful cinematography.  Someone has been playing Hotline Miami.

7.5/10

Would have been an 8 but some of the CGI was dodgy.

Edited by Lovecraft

JudyJudyJudy

Really enjoyed this . True story about one woman who murdered another with an axe 🪓 it’s a very interesting quirky made tale about it . With exceptional performances from the great Elizabeth Olsen , Jesse Plemons and Lily Rabe. 

8/10 from me 

JudyJudyJudy
On 27/05/2023 at 05:44, rudi must stay said:

West Side Story

nice visually but expected more

6/10

I prefer the original with Natalie Wood and Rita Moreno ( who is still going strong at 90) 

JudyJudyJudy

This is a truly remarkable film.  It is outstanding. It predicted what is now happening today with mass media and corporate influences on peoples behaviours. The screenplay is incredible , in particular the speech from Ned Beatty .  Its all very black mirror territory. I watched it free on Freevee.  It is brilliantly acted by the cast and one of a handful of films to receive a record 5 acting nominations.  Faye Dunaway won best actress and Peter Finch won best actor. Although  i think William Holden should have won best actor. It also made history as the shortest winning Oscar performance for Beatrice Straight who won best supporting actress. It really is a classic. 

" im as mad as hell and Im not going to take it anymore " 

10/10 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

I’ve just finished watching Sisu at the cinema. Mad Finnish film set during the last days of WWII. Not a lot of dialogue but plenty violent action. The main character makes John McLean from Die Hard look like a bit of a jessie. 

jambopilms

Evil Dead Rise

Fast paced, creepy and gory.

I thought all the best bits might have been in the trailer but that wasn't the case.

Best horror I have seen for a long time. Bit daft at the end though.

8/10

23 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Evil Dead Rise

Fast paced, creepy and gory.

I thought all the best bits might have been in the trailer but that wasn't the case.

Best horror I have seen for a long time. Bit daft at the end though.

8/10

I was a little bit disappointed with it. Still good but Rise felt like they held back a bit with the gore due to the involvement of the kids. However I did laugh out loud when the eyeball was spat down the guys throat 🤣

I love Evil Dead 2013 though, definitely one of my favourite horrors.

On 29/05/2023 at 20:30, Tazio said:

I’ve just finished watching Sisu at the cinema. Mad Finnish film set during the last days of WWII. Not a lot of dialogue but plenty violent action. The main character makes John McLean from Die Hard look like a bit of a jessie. 

This is on my list, looks like a grittier John Wick .

Ron Burgundy
On 29/05/2023 at 20:30, Tazio said:

Watched it on my IPTV last week, loved it.

PortyJambo

Mother's Day on Netflix. Polish film, but very similar to J-Lo's The Mother also on Netflix about an ex-Special Forces mother watching over her son/daughter and bringing her "special skills" to bear when they're in danger.

Started out much better than The Mother, but lost it's way in the 2nd half of the film.

6/10

JudyJudyJudy
32 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Mother's Day on Netflix. Polish film, but very similar to J-Lo's The Mother also on Netflix about an ex-Special Forces mother watching over her son/daughter and bringing her "special skills" to bear when they're in danger.

Started out much better than The Mother, but lost it's way in the 2nd half of the film.

6/10

Oh please no no mo

.  “mother” was a piece of pretentious  nonsense 😂 don’t think I could stomach anything similar 😎

vegas-voss

Across The Spiderverse 8.5/10

I didn't quite like it as much as the first as I thought the pacing wasn't as good especially the first 40 mins or so.It looks absolutely incredible though and it sets it up for the next one that's out next year brilliantly.

Der Kaiser
15 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Across The Spiderverse 8.5/10

I didn't quite like it as much as the first as I thought the pacing wasn't as good especially the first 40 mins or so.It looks absolutely incredible though and it sets it up for the next one that's out next year brilliantly.

Seconded. 

Saw it with my boys this weekend. My eldest actually preferred it over the first.

Animation is great. Writing is also great.

Cleverly it's a canon film (pun intended for those who have seen it) and lots of jokes and references to the spider man MCU.

Another group in the cinema didnt know its effectively a two parter so we laughed a lot at their "WTF" exclamation when the movie ended on a cliffhanger.

No end credit sequences so you can safely leave when the movie does.

Edited by Der Kaiser

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Seconded. 

Saw it with my boys this weekend. My eldest actually preferred it over the first.

Cleverly it's a canon film (pun intended for those who have seen it) and lots of jokes and references to the spider man MCU.

Another group in the cinema didnt know its effectively a two parter so we laughed a lot at their "WTF" exclamation when the movie ended on a cliffhanger.

Happy to hear it's good. Into The Spider-Verse is a work of art

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Seconded. 

It's a very clever film my wee one is only 6 I thought he wasn't going to make it through it but he ended up telling me he loved it and as soon as he got home he was on the PS5 and playing Mile's Morales and his favourite bad guy is now Spot taking over from Carnage ( he ain't seen Venom movies just loves him from Lego games ).

Edited by vegas-voss

vegas-voss
22 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Happy to hear it's good. Into The Spider-Verse is a work of art

There is even more styles going on in this one

Samuel Camazzola
13 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Gave it two minutes forgot the first. Rubbish

5/10

Kept seeing trailers for the boogieman, so we're going this evening to see it. Looks not too bad🤞

rudi must stay

Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool

A poignant film. I thoroughly recommend it on iPlayer

8/10

19 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Gave it two minutes forgot the first. Rubbish

5/10

Generous 5.

Absolutely awful.

Pans Jambo

Just watched Copland. 
Stallone, DeNiro, Harvey Keitel & Ray Liotta. 
Police corruption in a New Jersey town that NYC cops live in. Excellent film. 9/10. 

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Just watched Copland. 
Police corruption in a New Jersey town that NYC cops live in. Excellent film. 9/10. 

Very good film, nice to see Stallone acting instead of doing dumb action films like The Expendables. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Just watched Copland. 

fantastic movie. Some cast there

I think I gave the first one 10/10, and this one was only ½ as good, so 5/10 seems fair.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, jim747 said:

I think I gave the first one 10/10, and this one was only ½ as good, so 5/10 seems fair.

5s all it gets on rotten tomatoes