The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Ah Fredrickson again! All films must be above 5

He's got time to double or halve it in his next review. 👍 

rudi must stay
29 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

He only gets one review. The film police are out and they have there truncheons

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

:robbo:

Asteroid City by Wes Anderson

Unusual would be an understatement. Its a kind, gentle story told in vivid colours. That is actual vivid colours of a Midwest American settlement. Grief, love, youngsters story exploring the world, adults yearning. Science, aliens and humanity. A story within a play within a tv show. Wes Anderson himself called it a jigsaw puzzle.

Stellar cast too. 

8/10

rudi must stay

Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3

All three films for me are achievements I remember watching the first they have 100 people involved with the computer graphics. Just amazing, and film wise wonderful films you go through all the emotions watching them. Bravo Marvel

10/10

Carl Fredrickson

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Took my daughter to see this today as she has been asking for a few weeks to see it. 

I am not  fan of Disney doing live action versions of "classics" however this one managed to keep my attention. 

Very well filmed with lots of vibrant colours in the happy scenes but equally well done were the darker scenes. Very impressive on the big screen. 

I would give it a surprising 7/10 and if any dads want to impress their young daughters, you will earn a few brownie points by taking them to see it. 

rudi must stay
10 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Took my daughter to see this today as she has been asking for a few weeks to see it. 

I am not  fan of Disney doing live action versions of "classics" however this one managed to keep my attention. 

Very well filmed with lots of vibrant colours in the happy scenes but equally well done were the darker scenes. Very impressive on the big screen. 

I would give it a surprising 7/10 and if any dads want to impress their young daughters, you will earn a few brownie points by taking them to see it. 

I'll take wee Rorrie 

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1

Didn't think this could or would top MI Fallout, and it doesn't. However, it was still excellent and the whole drive off a mountain and train scene was fantastic. A longish film but didn't feel like it. A very enjoyable 8/10

1 hour ago, Vansen said:

Didn't think this could or would top MI Fallout, and it doesn't. However, it was still excellent and the whole drive off a mountain and train scene was fantastic. A longish film but didn't feel like it. A very enjoyable 8/10

Might pop along and watch this tonight.

Looks amazing and very rarely Cruise makes a bad film

7 hours ago, Vansen said:

Agree it’s not quite as good as Fallout - but Dead Reckoning is one fun movie that is a joy from start to finish. Don’t think I’ll see many things that are better this year. I’d strongly recommend seeing it on the biggest screen you can find!!

Guardians of The Galaxy Par 3.

This isnt one for the kids and prob not as good as Part 2 which imo topped Part 1 but still very entertaining. Cant see this franchise returning so was a nice send of.

3 hours ago, Americana said:

Guardians of The Galaxy Par 3.

This isnt one for the kids and prob not as good as Part 2 which imo topped Part 1 but still very entertaining. Cant see this franchise returning so was a nice send of.

i thought it was decent but was missing something that the other two had

Spoiler

there is talk of a peter quill adapting to living on earth spin off

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i thought it was decent but was missing something that the other two had

Reveal hidden contents

there is talk of a peter quill adapting to living on earth spin off

May of been that it wasnt quite as family freindly and a bit darker.

On 09/07/2023 at 06:52, rudi must stay said:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3

All three films for me are achievements I remember watching the first they have 100 people involved with the computer graphics. Just amazing, and film wise wonderful films you go through all the emotions watching them. Bravo Marvel

10/10

Soz mate. Loved the first 2. This one was wank 2/10

thehibsareintheirbeds
On 10/07/2023 at 23:14, IanV said:

Agree it’s not quite as good as Fallout - but Dead Reckoning is one fun movie that is a joy from start to finish. Don’t think I’ll see many things that are better this year. I’d strongly recommend seeing it on the biggest screen you can find!!

Brilliant watch in the imax, 2hr 50 odd flew by. The big stunt set pieces with trains, car chases, and motorbike all pay off and thought some of the fight scenes were pretty epic and brutal. Hayley atwell and Pom Klementief great additions too.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. Didn't hear the best of things about it but fairly enjoyed it. The de-ageing of Harrison Ford as a young Indiana was absolutely phenomenal - We're going to see a lot more of this in movies

The Covenant

Guy Ritchie's new movie.  I'm assuming the have called it Guy Ritchie's The Covenant as you can't really tell it's a movie by him.

7.5/10

-.5 points for overly dramatic music at times.

Jake Gyllenhaal rarely makes a bad movie.

henrysmithsgloves
12 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

The Covenant

Guy Ritchie's new movie.  I'm assuming the have called it Guy Ritchie's The Covenant as you can't really tell it's a movie by him.

7.5/10

Watched it till they hit the Taliban base,was all downhill for me after that, sorry 😞

Sniper : The White Raven.

9 / 10.

Brilliant film, the best sniper film I've seen, only two flaws I picked up on.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

Over-long, over-blown, strangely paced and the quip-a-thon bullshit is still in full flow.

Not sure every single scene needs to be a music video. One or two would have done.

The confusing, eye-bleeding CGI rainbow puke is very much in evidence.

Having said that, it's still miles better than anything Marvel have shat out since Endgame (which feels like ages ago but is somehow only 4 years ago)

Phase 4 was an unmitigated disaster.

Phase 5 is off to a shaky start.

6.5/10.

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

Over-long, over-blown, strangely paced and the quip-a-thon bullshit is still in full flow.

Not sure every single scene needs to be a music video. One or two would have done.

The confusing, eye-bleeding CGI rainbow puke is very much in evidence.

Having said that, it's still miles better than anything Marvel have shat out since Endgame (which feels like ages ago but is somehow only 4 years ago)

Phase 4 was an unmitigated disaster.

Phase 5 is off to a shaky start.

6.5/10.

I watched it on Saturday and enjoyed it. I don’t really think of them as MCU films though. 

Spoiler

Odd as it sounds I would have liked more Rocket, despite the central part to the story he took. 

On 16/07/2023 at 00:17, Lovecraft said:

The Covenant

7.5/10

I enjoyed this too. 

The Alpinist (2021)

Documentry following the life Marc Andre LeClerc , a solo climber pushing his passion to what even the experts deem the extreme. 

Incredible footage, fascinating person, well worth a watch.

Trailer - The Alpinist

rudi must stay
On 16/07/2023 at 00:17, Lovecraft said:

The Covenant

7.5/10

Donnie Darko m8

14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Donnie Darko m8

The Day After Tomorrow, Jarhead, Ambulance and Prince of Persia.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Donnie Darko m8

Yeah, amazing film.

I just re-watched Nightcrawler last night too.   Another great film he is in.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Nightcrawler is superb.

:spoton:

These are also great:

Prisoners

Southpaw

End of Watch

Zodiak

Malinga the Swinga
On 03/07/2023 at 17:38, Carl Fredrickson said:

The race scenes are tremendous (especially if you have been fortunate to see it at the cinema) and it was money well spent. Brought home the risks of the race and the skills of the drivers. 

I stand by my 10/10

Funnily enough, James Hunts son hates the film and the portrayal of his dad. Thinks it is an insult to his memory.

Malinga the Swinga

Quite enjoyed Bromley Boys on Netflix. True story (well Trish) of how teenager got into football and rescued his club from oblivion.

Watching his despair as they lose game after game shows what being a supporter is like.

Hampden Demolition

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One

As other posters have said, not quite as good as Fallout but good pace to it and as usual with these films, great action sequences. 7/10

Fight Club

Always been meaning to watch this but never it round to it. Always seems to be hyped up but in my opinion, was pretty poor. Story was fairly simple and the ‘twist’ was predictable. 6/10

Shutter Island

Again, always been meaning to watch it but never got round to it. Good story and DiCaprio and Ruffalo combine well together. 8/10

Don’t Worry Darling

Another physiological thriller with Harry Styles, Florence Pugh and Chris Pine. Again, twist is fairly predictable and seems a more modern version of the Stepford Wives. 6/10

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One

As other posters have said, not quite as good as Fallout but good pace to it and as usual with these films, great action sequences. 7/10

Fight Club

Always been meaning to watch this but never it round to it. Always seems to be hyped up but in my opinion, was pretty poor. Story was fairly simple and the ‘twist’ was predictable. 6/10

Shutter Island

Again, always been meaning to watch it but never got round to it. Good story and DiCaprio and Ruffalo combine well together. 8/10

Don’t Worry Darling

Another physiological thriller with Harry Styles, Florence Pugh and Chris Pine. Again, twist is fairly predictable and seems a more modern version of the Stepford Wives. 6/10

I don't want to go too far but your nailing of good films like Fight Club is a disgrace

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I don't want to go too far but your nailing of good films like Fight Club is a disgrace

To be fair Rudi your overhyping of shit films is also a disgrace.

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Americana said:

To be fair Rudi your overhyping of shit films is also a disgrace.

Fair comment

Bonnie Prince Charlie

Saw Super Mario Bros movie a few days ago, 10/10 from my wee boy, I was listen to LBC on headphones. 

Got the recent “Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest” boxset and watched the first film ‘The Big Boss’ 

superb stuff and Arrow Studio have done wonders in restoration. A long time since I saw this and it was great watching it all over again. Legend.

on to Fist of Fury now

Infinity Pool

Brandon Cronenberg directed horror. Hard to explain without giving up the plot but Alexander Skarsgard stars as an author on holiday who is seduced into chaos and depravity following a hit and run. 

It pushes boundaries to shock, it's gory and it's violent. If you enjoy the following this might be for you - 

1. Stabbings

2. Blood

3. Nudity

4. Mental and physical violence

5. Degradation 

6. Piss

7. Alcohol

8. A penis ejaculating

9. Depravity

10. Mia Goth

7.5/10 I enjoyed it

:smugger:

John Findlay

Not long back from seeing Oppenheimer.

Long film at over Three hours.

Have to say, very well made, with excellent acting. Robert Downey Jr taking the acting honours from a stellar cast.

8.5/10

Tetris on AppleTV

wow. Superb stuff about how it was made in the USSR and all the shenanigans with rights etc. fascinating stuff. Taron Egerton plays a superb role as the American trying to secure the rights. Complex stuff

10/10

Asteroid City (2023).

A typical Wes Anderson offering: Cinematically stunning, a huge ensemble cast of A-list Hollywood stars, the tightly written script rattles along at a furious pace, the film doesn't mean anything or say anything important about anything at all.

If you like Wes Anderson's work, you'll like this.

If you don't, then you'll find it incomprehensible shite.

I happen to like Wes Anderson's stuff. 

A solid 7.5/10