Ricky Williams

Keller

Choice

Now you all might understand when I complain about my original draft :lol:

Edited by Martin

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

My best pick came in round 9

9.04 133. Prestonpans Pirates Foster, Arian HOU RB

That's why he wears the number 132 on my team.

Martin you have an email...

Just got back to you about it, it's difficult for me to judge just now but might get back to you about it nearer the draft.

What a bargain Foster was, especially with a lot of the ones taken before him. Only have to look at my team alone.

Top 5

Carson Palmer

Ryan Grant

Jason Witten

Santana Moss

Steve Breaston

I think I win. ermm.gif

Ouch :(

Nucky Thompson

My top 5 were.

1. R. Mendenhall

2. Megatron

3. Vernon Davis

4. M. Forte

5. Reggie Bush

6. Antonio Bryant :vrface:

Sterling Archer

My top 5 were.

1. R. Mendenhall

2. Megatron

3. Vernon Davis

4. M. Forte

5. Reggie Bush

6. Antonio Bryant :vrface:

Great top 5, the 6th....

I'd completely forgotten about Antonio Bryant, just shows how some players disappear without trace in the NFL.

I see that the Raiders have nicked the Broncos defensive co-ordinator to be their new head coach. Seems a strange one as he's not got much experience and very young to be a head coach and although the Broncos D improved this season, they fell apart quite a lot during 6 or 7 matches too. That'll be their 7th defensive co-ordinator in 7 years, bet there's no mad Vlad headlines over there though!

Wish that the Broncos offensive co-ordinator Mike McCoy had got the Dolphins job seeing that he was down to the final two. Would have been good to have got someone that wasn't as predictable.

Wish that the Broncos offensive co-ordinator Mike McCoy had got the Dolphins job seeing that he was down to the final two. Would have been good to have got someone that wasn't as predictable.

Not happy with Philbin?

Bold words from the new Dolphins head coach, saying he wants Manning or Flynn in the off season.

Seems like a likely location for Flynn. Manning throwing to Marshall would be great though :thumbsup:

Are they not at the very bottom of the spending cap? I remember seeing something about them only spending the league minimum every year on wages.

Sterling Archer

Yeah but as part of the new CBA teams now have to spend a minimum amount too and that kicks in from this year I think.

What a bargain Foster was, especially with a lot of the ones taken before him. Only have to look at my team alone.

Ouch :(

Palmer - I really hadn't followed the NFL all that closely the two previous years before suddenly deciding to hoist myself into this fantasy league and then almost immediately being "on the clock". I soon learned it was a massive reach and the guy was the not same QB I'd remembered.

Grant - At the time he was one of the few rushers left on the board who was his team's sole running attack. As we know a lot of teams now adopt a committee and that didn't exist in Green Bay at the start of the 2010 season. Could have been a good pick as he looked ready for a break-out year, until he broke his ankle in the season's opener and arrived back this season in a committee, playing second-fiddle to James Starks.

Witten - Clearly the best of the lot, consistently good numbers and one of the best fantasy TE's.

Moss - Thought McNabb in Washingston was going to turn them into a playoff team and boost Moss' numbers. It didn't pan out.

Breaston - With Boldin leaving town, gambled on Breaston's numbers shooting up similarly to the year Boldin missed half the season through injury. Turns out that plan needed Kurt Warner to be throwing him the ball.

Edited by ForresterJambo

Martin, just to say your email account sent me a spam email earlier.

Cheers for letting me know and I'm really sorry about that. Don't know what's been going on with it recently, seems to be sending to anyone that I've sent emails to.

They better do something about it and I hope it won't happen again.

Very strange appointment from the Bucs. They don't seem interested at all and I've always found it strange that there are three teams in Florida with them, Jacksonville and Miami but none in other places like Los Angeles although I know they did in the past. The Bucs and Jaguars seem to have little fanbase as well and the owners don't seem to care, even the Dolphins have been struggling to sell out their stadium as well.

Palmer - I really hadn't followed the NFL all that closely the two previous years before suddenly deciding to hoist myself into this fantasy league and then almost immediately being "on the clock". I soon learned it was a massive reach and the guy was the not same QB I'd remembered.

Grant - At the time he was one of the few rushers left on the board who was his team's sole running attack. As we know a lot of teams now adopt a committee and that didn't exist in Green Bay at the start of the 2010 season. Could have been a good pick as he looked ready for a break-out year, until he broke his ankle in the season's opener and arrived back this season in a committee, playing second-fiddle to James Starks.

Witten - Clearly the best of the lot, consistently good numbers and one of the best fantasy TE's.

Moss - Thought McNabb in Washingston was going to turn them into a playoff team and boost Moss' numbers. It didn't pan out.

Breaston - With Boldin leaving town, gambled on Breaston's numbers shooting up similarly to the year Boldin missed half the season through injury. Turns out that plan needed Kurt Warner to be throwing him the ball.

That's the frustrating thing about the league and how so much depends on the original draft and if it doesn't go well, it can take years to recover. Even more so when on paper, things looked good on paper at the start and there was good reasoning with all your picks.

It was the same sort of idea with my team as well. Pierre Thomas had just come off a huge season and looked to be the Saints running back but then got injured for most of the season and then they went out and got Sproles and Ingram. I thought I would still get a few years out of Reggie Wayne but then Manning got injured and his prospects went down a lot. Boldin battled injuries as well and I didn't realise at the time just how bad Flacco was as a QB.

In hindsight it was definitely better to gamble on the younger players that might have turned out well.

I was having a look yesterday to see if I could work out the latest draft order after all the trades, I used the link that was put up a few weeks on our page. I wasn't too sure how ties worked when it came to the draft.

Between picks 1.04 and 1.06, the Giants, Cowboys (now Seahawks) and Steelers (now Disappoint) all had records of 5-8. The Giants had the most points on 1704, Steelers 1701 and Cowboys 1572. So wasn't too sure why the Giants had the first pick at 1.04, then Cowboys, then Steelers.

Any ideas?

Sterling Archer

I was having a look yesterday to see if I could work out the latest draft order after all the trades, I used the link that was put up a few weeks on our page. I wasn't too sure how ties worked when it came to the draft.

Between picks 1.04 and 1.06, the Giants, Cowboys (now Seahawks) and Steelers (now Disappoint) all had records of 5-8. The Giants had the most points on 1704, Steelers 1701 and Cowboys 1572. So wasn't too sure why the Giants had the first pick at 1.04, then Cowboys, then Steelers.

Any ideas?

Martin, those point totals are based on 17 weeks. If you go into the specific standings page you can choose standings at a particular week. You'll need to select as of Week 13 to get the correct points totals for the draft.

Sterling Archer

If Ive not screwed it up here goes...

1.01 - Pirates

1.02 - Patriots

1.03 - Broncos

1.04 - Giants

1.05 - Seahawks

1.06 - Team, I am Disappoint

1.07 - Nessies

1.08 - Team, I am Disappoint

1.09 - Broncos

1.1 - Bucs

1.11 - Nessies

1.12 - Broncos

1.13 - Nessies

1.14 - Cowboys

1.15 - Bengals

1.16 - Team, I am Disappoint

2.01 - Pirates

2.02 - Broncos

2.03 - Broncos

2.04 - Giants

2.05 - Cowboys

2.06 - Broncos

2.07 - Nessies

2.08 - Colts

2.09 - Patriots

2.1 - Bucs

2.11 - Colts

2.12 - Steelers

2.13 - Nessies

2.14 - Bengals

2.15 - Bengals

2.16 - Team, I am Disappoint

?

:interesting:

Not sure why that would be the case. We should move my pick to 1.04 just to be safe tbh.

Sterling Archer

:interesting:

Not sure why that would be the case. We should move my pick to 1.04 just to be safe tbh.

I've already explained that :muggy:

I'd not refreshed the page in a bit.

On the point of the draft, there seems to be a fair bit of worry that RG3 will be a flop. Thoughts on that?

No chancevI'd pass him up if he dropped to me, but the talk of him being a flop is worrying.

Sterling Archer

On the point of the draft, there seems to be a fair bit of worry that RG3 will be a flop. Thoughts on that?

No chancevI'd pass him up if he dropped to me, but the talk of him being a flop is worrying.

When your team is as close as it is I would go for it. I haven't done nearly enough research on him to have an opinion about his play but he's been called an intelligient Michael Vick, you can't pass that up.

There was as much talk, if not more, about Newton being a flop this time last year.

There was as much talk, if not more, about Newton being a flop this time last year.

I think the fact that Newton has been so good has stopped quite a few people from saying they think he'll flop.

Would love to get him, but I'll be more than happy with Floyd.

Sterling Archer

I think the fact that Newton has been so good has stopped quite a few people from saying they think he'll flop.

Would love to get him, but I'll be more than happy with Floyd.

Or Kendall wright

It'll really depend on where they go, I can see Floyd consistently getting a lot of receptions, Wright has that explosiveness though. If RG3 goes, I'll go for the guy who'll have the better QB passing to him.

Martin, those point totals are based on 17 weeks. If you go into the specific standings page you can choose standings at a particular week. You'll need to select as of Week 13 to get the correct points totals for the draft.

Definitely makes sense now and cheers for putting up the full draft order as well.

Interesting to see from the other link you put up, how many draft picks in the first and second rounds have changed from the original, a lot more than I thought.

It seems like the third QB going to be picked is Brandon Weeden and that he'll probably go in the first round. Quite surprising to see someone going into the NFL aged 28 but maybe that's better as a QB, he's probably been helped with having Blackmon as his WR.

I think Ryan Tannenhill will go before Weeden. Depends on where Manning/Flynn end up, but I think Seattle might end up with Tannenhill. I can't see Weeden going in the first round.

The Pro Bowl was the usual farce (59-41!) but some pretty amusing plays, including a shite drop kick attempt from Brees.

Still a total and utter waste of time.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

It's an complete waste of a game... i'm actually embarrassed they call it 'the fans game' or whatever, Because what fan would seriously want to watch that crap.

Can players refuse to play in it, Or do they have to fake injuries to get out of it?

If the players aren't trying (Apart from the D when Newton came on) What is the point in it.

Sterling Archer

I still think a much better idea would be to have a team of rookies play a team of incoming college players. That'd be cool.

Nucky Thompson

Can players refuse to play in it, Or do they have to fake injuries to get out of it?

I thought a lot of the players see it as some kind of honour getting picked for the Pro bowl

I still think a much better idea would be to have a team of rookies play a team of incoming college players. That'd be cool.

I doubt the rookies would fancy it. Imagine the meltdown on this thread alone if Andrew Luck had his wrist broken...

I thought a lot of the players see it as some kind of honour getting picked for the Pro bowl

Yes, of course- its basically the All Star game. Minus players from the Super Bowl...

Sterling Archer

Yes, of course- its basically the All Star game. Minus players from the Super Bowl...

And while it's an honour to be voted in, the game itself is a different matter.

Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Friday that Thursday night NFL Network games will expand from eight to 13 in 2012. NFL Network will carry Thursday night games from Week 2 to Week 15

:yas:

Always good to get more games on the TV. I see they've also said that every team will get a prime time match in the season, although somehow I can't see them going with something like St Louis v Jacksonville being one of the games.

I know there are issues with not playing matches on a Saturday because of the college game but I would have thought Friday nights would be better than Thursdays. Another day's rest for the players and possibly better viewing figures.