• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

What an ending. No idea how he missed that. Evans was a bawhair away from a TD as well. Ravens certainly ran them a lot closer than I expected.

Even more frustrating as a Texans fan...

Unbelievable, what an idiot.

There's no way he should have even been in that position as they should have scored a TD, I don't know how Evans dropped that TD pass. Typical New England though, everything always seems to fall their way.

The game went pretty much how I was expecting, although I thought the Ravens would edge it by making something of their turnovers.

Shite kick though. :vrface:

Your only job in the world is to kick a ball between two posts for a few minutes a week, at most, and you can't even do it.

Unbelievable, what an idiot.

There's no way he should have even been in that position as they should have scored a TD, I don't know how Evans dropped that TD pass. Typical New England though, everything always seems to fall their way.

I thought it was knocked out of his hands. Looked to me he was a mere split second away from actually having it under control with his feet down.

Edited by Peebo

I thought it was knocked out of his hands. Looked to me he was a mere split second away from actually having it under control with his feet down.

Yep, he had the ball and the slap just knocked it out a step away from the TD.

That wasn't a drop, it was knocked out of his hands.

Emmitt Smith (LEGENDthumbsup.gif) asking on twitter why Cundiff appeared to be late running onto the field. Noticed that myself and maybe contributed to the wayward kick.

Sterling Archer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Cundiff

Cundiff signed a five-year, $85 million contract to become Baltimore's long-term kicker on January 23, 2011.[7]

On January 22, 2012, Cundiff missed a relatively easy 35-yard field goal against the New England Patriots, causing his team to lose the game and an opportunity at the Superb Owl.

Sterling Archer

That wasn't a drop, it was knocked out of his hands.

Emmitt Smith (LEGENDthumbsup.gif) asking on twitter why Cundiff appeared to be late running onto the field. Noticed that myself and maybe contributed to the wayward kick.

They had a TO, no excuse there... :vrface:

I just think that if you get both hands on the ball, you've got to be strong enough to hold onto it, regardless if another player tries to knock it away.

A Superb Owl?

Is that a bursd reference?

To compound his misery, he's no even gonna get his hole tonight?

Depends if he stays in New England tonight or not.

The No Fun League strikes again.

The restrictions on celebrations is ******* ridiculous.

PS: I think he did stay in there. From the angle it looks initially like he stepped on the white, but when he raises his foot you get a better idea of where it was planted.

Edited by ForresterJambo

The right call on the TD. Agreed on the celebrations as well.

You can drag a guy to the ground by his hair, but you can't stand on a block after a TD. They should also auto-review all possible TDs even if they're not given on the field.

Have to get up in seven hours to record The Terrace.

It would go to ******* overtime.

Genuine question...how much sleep do you normally get?

Looks like you can get off to bed shortly...

Just said on twitter a minute before that it looked like a turnover was what was needed to decide the game.

Kyle Williams for game MVP. thumbsup.gif

Just said on twitter a minute before that it looked like a turnover was what was needed to decide the game.

Kyle Williams for game MVP. thumbsup.gif

He'll be about as popular in SF as Jacoby Jones is here in Houston...

What are people's thoughts on DHB? I was reading some article about his performance this season, I'm optimistic that he'll continue to improve next season with Palmer feeding him the ball. He was close to a 1000 yards this year, I think he can break it next season and bring in a good few TDs.

Sterling Archer

What are people's thoughts on DHB? I was reading some article about his performance this season, I'm optimistic that he'll continue to improve next season with Palmer feeding him the ball. He was close to a 1000 yards this year, I think he can break it next season and bring in a good few TDs.

• Overdrafted (though not as badly as some suggested. He was still a 1st round pick in the opinion of many)
  • Worked with different QB's every year
  • New system every year
  • Fast as shit
  • Drops easy balls
  • Could be great if he could get that under control
  • Definitely a hold.

Sterling Archer

:interesting:

All of this talk about RG III being compared with Cam Newton or Vick or Steve Young or ???? is missing a key point. He comes from the spread offense.

Video explaining basic points of SPREAD OFFENSE

The above video provides some of the basic elements of the spread. No NFL team runs a base-spread offense but have, two-minute,shotgun, up-tempo, packages. The base-offense in the NFL is a pro-set. Any rookie QB coming into the NFL who ran a spread has to learn the pro-set and their are inherent problems in making the transition that boil down into the following:

A spread QB

- has his shoulders squared looking up at the defense

- a clear unobstructed and constant view of the defense allows time for proper reads

- he NEVER has to take his eyes off of the defense, i.e., the defense is always within his view.

A pro-set QB is completely different:

- First, no-gun so he simply has to master the exchange (we've all seen blown snaps)

- he has to learn drops, three/five/seven step drops

- a pro-set QB will completely turns his back away from the defense

- after making drops a pro-set QB has to reset his feet

We've all seen when a QB comes off the bench after not being familiar making an exchange where they have blown the snap so the 'simple' exchange from center to QB is a valid issue that a spread QB has to learn.

In the gun, three/five/and seven step drops don't factor in because the QB is already 'back' in the gun and is away from the LOS so he is already at the correct depth and read the defense as he allows his receiver to run his route. A pro-set QB is dropping as he is also trying to read the defense and 'timing' his drop to coincide with his receiver's route.

A pro-set QB tyically takes the snap and turns to hand-off or fake the handoff. A good fake requires him to turn away from the defense and that split second of having the defense out of site is the downfall of many spread QBs. Its thee most difficult thing that they have to learn.

Footwork, its much more difficult from a pro-set because the QB is taking the snap at the LOS and the making drops and that means he 'typically' has to re-set his feet to get enough zip on the ball to make an accurate throw. In a spread or gun the QB typically moves up and that allows much more power into the throw. Moving backwards means to get that same amount of power the QB has to get to the proper depth and stop and change his momentum forward before he can attain the same velocity of his throws.

So all of the talk about comparisons between QBs is secondary IMHO. Any rookie QB coming from a spread has inherent issues, they do. Andrew Luck has operated in a pro-set and was coached by an NFL QB. He doesn't have any of the above issues hanging over his head.

I just wanted to touch on the above points and enter them into the discussion because the RG III discussion should bring up the reasons why ANY rookie QB coming from a spread is deemed higher risk than one coming from a pro-set.

Edited by Ron Swanson

alwaysthereinspirit

Was at the Pats game yesterday. Haven't seen the miss yet on TV and still dont know how he missed.

All I know is the Pats are going and 30 other teams wish they were.

Foxboro was rocking yesterday.

I fell asleep and missed a good chunk of the game. What did he do?

He muffed a punt and then lost a fumble in overtime that led to the Giants winning the game.

nfl_a_williams01jr_576.jpg

Colt - Good offer on paper, but I don't think it would improve me and I'd be better hanging on to that player and possibly using him as a makeweight to get a player that would improve my starting line-up.

Colt - Good offer on paper, but I don't think it would improve me and I'd be better hanging on to that player and possibly using him as a makeweight to get a player that would improve my starting line-up.

No probs mate.

Crazy match last night and hope even more the Giants go onto win it now.

I wouldn't like to be either Kyle Williams or Billy Cundiff today knowing how much you've ruined your team's chances. It's a tough business.

Interesting reading about Griffin, seems like he'll either be another Newton or a bust.

Would have been a strange one for the Bucs if they had hired Kelly especially when there are as many people in for the job with NFL experience. With how long they are taking to get someone in, don't think they know what they are doing.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

The thing about Cundiff is that he's not that great a kicker. He done a job for the Browns when Dawson was injured, But that was about it. I can't think of one real pressure kick he's had to make and feeling too confident about him making it. I thought he was going to miss but to miss by that much was embarrassing. If Evens had protected the ball in the end zone properly after he caught it, Cundiff wouldn't be in that situation. It's almost like Evans could see his name in lights before he secured the ball.

But the Ravens are out and i'm fairly happy.

dawg_pound_sticker-p217648363119452861z85xz_400.jpg

Sterling Archer

Updated my trade bait to give more specific valuations.

Kellen Moore (winningest QB in college history) has apparently measured in at less than was originally thought (he was a mid round prospect at best because of his height despite his success). Although it was believed he was 6'1 he's actually been measured at 5'11 and 3/4.

Ouch :unsure:

Is it that big a deal? If you've got the skill it can't hurt your game thar much. Brees just scrapes 6 foot.