**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Always good to get more games on the TV. I see they've also said that every team will get a prime time match in the season, although somehow I can't see them going with something like St Louis v Jacksonville being one of the games.

I know there are issues with not playing matches on a Saturday because of the college game but I would have thought Friday nights would be better than Thursdays. Another day's rest for the players and possibly better viewing figures.

HS plays friday night.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Always good to get more games on the TV. I see they've also said that every team will get a prime time match in the season, although somehow I can't see them going with something like St Louis v Jacksonville being one of the games.

I know there are issues with not playing matches on a Saturday because of the college game but I would have thought Friday nights would be better than Thursdays. Another day's rest for the players and possibly better viewing figures.

People do other things on Fridays. The NFL tv scheduling is all about creating an advertising market where one wouldn't otherwise exist- Sunday afternoons...thursdays etc...

Congratulations to Ron Swanson for winning the funny photo competition on the Super Bowl thread. He wins a nice little holiday for his efforts :lol:

If you need to reach him you'll have to send him an email until he returns.

Our rookie draft starts on Monday 7th of May.

Congratulations to Ron Swanson for winning the funny photo competition on the Super Bowl thread. He wins a nice little holiday for his efforts :lol:

If you need to reach him you'll have to send him an email until he returns.

Our rookie draft starts on Monday 7th of May.

:lol:

During his holiday, in typical SPL Hearts style punishment, he has not acted in good faith. So I think we should all be able to take one player away from his team and hopefully we'll have an 15-1 voting system to push this one through

:yas:

Edited by Martin

No more NFL until September.

:sob:

Far too long :(

Wish at least free agency started immediately after the Superbowl, rather than in another month

Good news for the Steelers passing attack.

Hope so too, could give me a few more options with the third pick as well

Rumour to start the 2012 season......Just read that the Raiders are considering keeping Bush and putting Darren McFadden on the trading block :o

I don't know whether I should be hoping that McFadden gets traded, it might help him avoid a timeshare if he stays but the Raiders have always gone with him mainly when he is healthy. A fresh start might do him good though, especially with the injuries.

Would help Denver if he left though considering he's always put up a lot of yards and TD's against them.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Rumour to start the 2012 season......Just read that the Raiders are considering keeping Bush and putting Darren McFadden on the trading block :o

Probably because they have no draft picks! :laugh:

Been speaking with Ron about updating the layout of our MFL site using this add-on site http://www.mfladdons.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=104

Obviously it comes with a fee, as you can see on the link, but that would be a one off charge for the add-on and wouldn't require renewing. Would anyone else be willing to contribute towards this and splitting the cost? If so, let us know what template you would prefer and we'll try and come to a decision between the people who contribute of which one to go for.

Here are two of the templates I prefer.

Hyper_Blue___Gol_49e6cd1aad427.png

Deep_Pockets_2_B_4deea688a1766.png

So it works out at ?3.20 per player (roughly) I'd probs go for the top one. The dark one might get annoying.

Edited by P-Dizzle

So it works out at ?3.20 per player (roughly) I'd probs go for the top one. The dark one might get annoying.

Aye, it would be if everyone wanted to contribute. But we can't make every owner pay, so we're just going to split the cost between whoever says aye.

Me, Ron and Chip Butty are all definitely splitting right now. Hoping at least a few more will decide to help out too. It doesn't have to be renewed yearly, so it's a one off payment and definitely worth the money to have a site that has a much better layout, easier on the eye, easier to navigate and it might encourage some of the quieter owners to use it more often and get involved.

Aye, it would be if everyone wanted to contribute. But we can't make every owner pay, so we're just going to split the cost between whoever says aye.

Me, Ron and Chip Butty are all definitely splitting right now. Hoping at least a few more will decide to help out too. It doesn't have to be renewed yearly, so it's a one off payment and definitely worth the money to have a site that has a much better layout, easier on the eye, easier to navigate and it might encourage some of the quieter owners to use it more often and get involved.

I'll chip in, will neen to send some more cash to my paypal but count me in.

What team is chop butty?

I haven't paid my entrance fee yet so happy to chip in.

I'll chip in, will neen to send some more cash to my paypal but count me in.

What team is chop butty?

That's 5 confirmed already. Just over ?10 each right now, but the more who agree to chip in the lower the price per head.

Butty is Dunedin Buccs.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Hey dudes! Word up, peace, wat a guan etc...

Just to let you know my PC is busted (again!) So i won't be around for 10-12 days to reject all your trades.

Keep it real homies!

xoxo

Edited by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Cheers Martin. That's 6 of us so far, will leave it over the weekend to try and get a few others interested in chipping in, then we can work out the price and get it paypal'd to Ron next week. If you owe league fees as well, then you might as well kill two birds with one stone and get both paid.

Ron gave me these links of actual leagues using the templates, so you can get a better idea of which one you might prefer.

http://football11.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/78503#0

http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/63518#0

http://football22.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/47181

I like the look of that NFL breaking news tweet function.

Another trade done -

1.05 pick

for

Flynn, Matt

Benn, Arrelious

McKnight, Joe

Happy enough with that. Given the way the draft was falling, it looked like I'd be landing a WR, which wasn't my main concern. Would like to see Flynn go to Miami, but given the teams that are interested, I think it's a punt worth taking. With Benn and McKnight, couple of young guys that'll hopefully play a slightly bigger part next season, I think Benn could be a decent pick-up if Tampa get their coaching situation sorted for next season.

Very fair trade for both sides. I thought Seahawks would have waited to see where Flynn goes or even if Griffin(if he likes him) is available at 1.05. But It should still work out to be a good trade. Dolphins are favourites to get Flynn, so he's got a nice weapon in Marshall. And maybe they could even decide to use their 1st rounder to get him more help, maybe Floyd or Wright. If he goes to Miami of course.

Back to the template. Ron has been talking to the guys who run that add on site, and the Deep pockets black is said to be the most popular and the overall best skin. So he's likely to just go ahead and buy that this weekend. Other than the 6 guys who have said aye, if theere is anyone else willing to contribute then just let on.

Interesting trade, difficult to judge until we found out where Flynn ends up and there might still have been a QB available at the fifth pick. Possibly a risk as not sure how good Flynn is when he's had such good players to throw to in his starts so far. Miami would definitely be the easiest place for him. It shows how strong Donnie's team is when he can trade backups for the fifth pick and it's just as well he's not here as that comment would definitely get the Greggy smile after it :lol:

The wild card in everything just now is Peyton Manning and it could impact quite a few teams depending where he ends up.

With the template, I'm ok with anything that gets decided.

If I'd waited to see where Flynn went, it would've cost me more. It gives me options at QB, so I can pick the form guy rather than depend on Fitzpatrick to play to his best. I've still got the #1 RB and WR, and reasonable players to back them up.

If I'd waited to see where Flynn went, it would've cost me more. It gives me options at QB, so I can pick the form guy rather than depend on Fitzpatrick to play to his best. I've still got the #1 RB and WR, and reasonable players to back them up.

Your right, I never really thought about the price going up after he lands somewhere.

If Baldwin, Smith and Heyward-Bey continue to develop next year, then your the most likely team to challenge Ron.

Seattle should get that QB position sorted, and Baldwin is a smart player, reminds me a bit of Welker. Can see him getting a lot of time on the ball, maybe not that many TDs though. DHB was just shy of 1000 yards, I've been reading that he's not likely to be starting next season though, don't know why that is because he seemed to have turned a corner and looked to have something going with Palmer. If Smith can improve his route running then he could have a great year, even if he doesn't, he's got that speed which means he's always a threat to pick up a 50+ yard pass.

Hopefully Britt makes a full recovery this year, that would give you your core 3 of Green, Marshall and Britt which could be a 60+ point kind of corp.

Edited by P-Dizzle

So how does everybody rank their teams for next season?

If Vick and Charles can stay healthy all season I think I've got a chance, will need a bit of luck though. Hopefully Rudolph can step up with Shiancoe likely hitting free agency.

Vick

Rice

Charles

Tate/Another WR

Wallace

Nelsen

Williams

Rudolph

Bailey

Steelers Defense

Edited by JamboTaylor

Not sure how everything will work out after training camp, but right now I'll go with -

Flynn

McCoy

Johnson

Johnson

Smith

Heyward-Bey

Davis

Pettigrew

Gostkowski

Ravens

Stafford

Forte

Bush/Thomas/Brown or Leshoure

AJ Green

Marshall

Britt

Keller

6th/8th and 16th picks to try and land at least one more starter.

Traded McFadden and Wallace, so my team might not be as strong as last year. But I'll have a lot more depth, and fingers crossed for Britt and Leshoure coming back from injuries.

Ron says the new template will be up either later tonight or tomorrow. So far Ron, Me, Chip Butty, Geoff, PDizzle and Martin have all agreed to split the one of cost(About ?50, so less than ?10 per head). Anyone else happy to chip in and make it a bit cheaper per head?

Will post the exact amount needing paypal'd when the templates up.

Having the options will definitely help. As you say with the strength you've got with McCoy, Chris and Calvin Johnson, with good prospects at WR and TE, it'll make it very difficult for my team to win our division any time again soon.

Trades have done a lot for your team, I need mine to pay off in the same way.

Sounds good about the template, look forward to seeing it when it's up.

Well with Jacobs away now, another one of my early picks disappears! Don't think I could have taken another season with him being all talk and deliver nothing.

My team now, currently put me in for provisional first pick of 2013 :lol:

Roethlisberger

McFadden

Royster

Cruz

Decker

Doucet

James Jones

Moeaki

Picks at 3,9,12,18,19,22 and 27

No pressure on the rookies at all :whistling:

Edited by Martin

Probably stupidly considering the state of my team but I would listen to offers for Cruz from anyone, but it would have to be huge considering he needs to carry my team and he's got even more value with it being a PPR league.

In fact he carries even more value now that I got him at 9/1 to score the first TD in the Superbowl.

That's the new site up and running, looks pretty immense imo. Only got 6 of us agreeing to split the cost, so it works out to be ?8.75 each, which you can paypal to Ron. You can still reach him by PM on here by the way, as well as email and on the site.

If you fancy customising your page, here is the message he got from the guy who made the template: -

You'll notice the columns I setup in each of the tabs, the only

important thing is the order, to keep the look and feel of the site at

its best. The first column should always be set to 100% and the

second to 67%, the next ones are 33%, 33%, 34% and finally 33%. After

that it doesn't matter. Actually putting anything in the first column

is optional, on the log in page for example I left it blank so it

turns into a two column layout.

5 is the recommended number of tabs, after that they will overflow off

the page, you may be able to squeeze in 6 but you may have to shorten

a couple of the tab names.

If you have any changes to the slider let me know, it requires some

knowledge of html to tinker with it.

If you notice any bugs let me know and i'll get them fixed. I'll add

additional captions for the modules, so if you notice any with a

football and text let me know and if possible I'll try to add a custom

one.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Enjoy!

Geoff Kilpatrick

More than happy to get a nice new skin, but not willing to contribute...

:muggy:

I actually don't care about the skin but I'm happy to contribute. Each to their own.

New schedule is up, using Geoffs plan.

Play each team in your division twice.(6games)

Each division faces all teams from one other division, rotates every year.(4games)

Each team faces the same placed team in each division, based on the previous seasons standings,1st vs 1st etc.(3games)

Should make things a bit more competitive.

Looks good with the new skin and still happy to contribute. Will get that sorted in the next day or two, wait and see if anyone else is going to contribute too, rather than send now and it works out being cheaper.

Maybe what we should do is threaten those who don't, get their first round draft pick taken away from them and we spread them out between all of us :D

I like the new schedule idea as well, think it works out better especially with playing teams on the same level as last year. Although that rule for me this year will further help to condemn me to the first round pick :facepalm:

Just checked for the first time in a week, really not bothered about a new skin but willing to contribute all the same - doesn't seem like the majority vote won though? Unless I'm mistaken.

Don't think Gibby or Gordon check this thread much, so would assume there hasn't been a response from them.

Just checked for the first time in a week, really not bothered about a new skin but willing to contribute all the same - doesn't seem like the majority vote won though? Unless I'm mistaken.

Don't think Gibby or Gordon check this thread much, so would assume there hasn't been a response from them.

This reads more confrontational than I intended. Honestly not bothered

Anyone wanting to change the modules you want on your homepage:

Click on the MY TEAM tab.

Click on FRANCHISE SET UP.

Click on HOME PAGE.

The new column 33% is obviously the one that runs down the left side of your home page and 67% column the bigger one.

Add or Remove modules that take your fancy.

I've removed a few and added: Twitter, Player news and Fantasy articles. But there is a lot of others to chose from.