andrew-luck.jpg

+

713282b3a3515b1dfea1a718a064c812.png

+

lesean-mccoy.jpg

+

Chris-Johnson57580.jpg

Yes I'm serious. I'm the Dolphins.

Let me know what you'd want for it, easier than me trying to guess what you'd like.

It would have to be something special.

Make an offer, although you'll not get McCoy or Megatron in a straight swap.

Sterling Archer

I can spot a pretty good trade between the two of you :whistling:

Do tell?

QD and Seahawks have the same need in my opinion, QB. For that reason and because Luck may fall (unless geoff doesn't feel Ryan can progress) I'm struggling to see the 1.03 moving tbh.

Do tell?

QD and Seahawks have the same need in my opinion, QB. For that reason and because Luck may fall (unless geoff doesn't feel Ryan can progress) I'm struggling to see the 1.03 moving tbh.

I'm thinking Fitzpatrick + 1.05 for the 1.03

Cutler was looking good in the weeks before his injury, so I'd be tempted to keep him, get Fitzpatrick as back up and then use the 1.05 elsewhere.

Seahawks gets Luck.

Sterling Archer

I'm thinking Fitzpatrick + 1.05 for the 1.03

Cutler was looking good in the weeks before his injury, so I'd be tempted to keep him, get Fitzpatrick as back up and then use the 1.05 elsewhere.

Seahawks gets Luck.

Unless you can guarantee Griffin at 5 no way is Fitz enough to jump up the two spots IMO.

The cutoff is after 3. Moving between the top 3 shouldn't be too bad but there's a huge drop after the third pick.

They'd be better doing a Eli/Rivers type thing where QD drafts Luck and then swaps him IF Griffin falls to 5.

Sterling Archer

There's an interesting discussion going on in the FBG's 2012 rookies thread about trading Brees for a top 3 pick to select Blackmon, the majority seem to be behind it.

Link here...

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=630959&view=findpost&p=14023679

Some really good stuff in that thread.

Sterling Archer

I want Griffin to drop to 6. I might try and trade up to the 4th spot to get him, but getting a trade with Goldenacre Giants is tough.

I'd have thought you wanted a receiver. You not happy with Stafford? Or are you just thinking about how you can exploit the league when you've got multiple starting qbs thumbsup.gif

There is no way I would drop two places for Fitz not when Cutler will prob out score him next year. Eli/Romo maybe as part of a package.

Sterling Archer

On the subject of Griffin, although Dizzle likes Floyd and wants a receiver if Griffin goes to a decent spot I'd be surprised if he let him past. His team failed this year only because of QB, they were the only team in the top 5 in scoring without a top 5 qb.

The 5th pick gives me a choice between Griffin and Floyd, depending on what the Giants pick, I'd be more than happy with either.

I'd have thought you wanted a receiver. You not happy with Stafford? Or are you just thinking about how you can exploit the league when you've got multiple starting qbs thumbsup.gif

I'm thinking I could make a profit on him :thumbsup:

How is Blackmon viewed in comparison to Green and Jones this time last year? Is he on the same level?

The 5th pick gives me a choice between Griffin and Floyd, depending on what the Giants pick, I'd be more than happy with either.

Or Kendall Wright :thumbsup:

I think he's a dark horse to get drafted ahead of Floyd in some rookie drafts.

Sterling Archer

I'm thinking I could make a profit on him :thumbsup:

How is Blackmon viewed in comparison to Green and Jones this time last year? Is he on the same level?

He's short and not very athletic (only 6'1 and runs a 4.5 forty time). If he does indeed run that time at the combine some reckon he could fall out of the top 10.

What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for in other areas and he's been compared to T.O. if I remember correctly.

He's probably as highly rated as Dez was coming out (so similar to the guys from last year). I guess he's seen as a bit more of a bust risk though simply because he's not got the amazing circus catches of Green or the crazy athleticism of Dez/Jones.

This covers it

<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Blackmon would be a pretty strong 1.01 pick in dynasty rookie drafts in some years. He is an elite WR prospect whose game should translate seamlessly to the NFL. Some people cite his lack of elite speed as a concern, but comparisons to players like Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson aren't appropriate. Blackmon is a different style of receiver. He relies on quickness, strength, and sticky hands to overpower defensive backs and break tackles after the catch. In terms of style he is similar to players like Anquan Boldin and Brandon Marshall. I expect a similar career from him, provided that he can stay healthy. He should be an elite possession WR who makes up for his lack of elite home run speed with high reception totals and lots of yards after the catch.

I'm the same. I'm competing against Brees, Brady and Rodgers in my division :down:. A QB would make a huge difference to me. Feck I had to use Painter and Haine in the run up to the play offs last year and still finished 6 -7

Sterling Archer

I'm the same. I'm competing against Brees, Brady and Rodgers in my division :down:. A QB would make a huge difference to me. Feck I had to use Painter and Haine in the run up to the play offs last year and still finished 6 -7

Would you swap Brees for Luck straight up?

Would you swap Brees for Luck straight up?

A very difficult one to call 4 years of brees or risk Luck is the real deal.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If Gabbert is safe as a starter in Jax and therefore I have bye week insurance / injury insurance, I would either draft a WR or trade down, I think.

He's short and not very athletic (only 6'1 and runs a 4.5 forty time). If he does indeed run that time at the combine some reckon he could fall out of the top 10.

What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for in other areas and he's been compared to T.O. if I remember correctly.

He's probably as highly rated as Dez was coming out (so similar to the guys from last year). I guess he's seen as a bit more of a bust risk though simply because he's not got the amazing circus catches of Green or the crazy athleticism of Dez/Jones.

This covers it

I think I'd consider trading Brady for him. But definitely wouldn't trade Rodgers, Brees, Newton or Stafford.

Sterling Archer

A very difficult one to call 4 years of brees or risk Luck is the real deal.

Comes back to my "nobody wants to be the guy that" theory.

My general strategy would be to never look more than 2-3 years into the future in dynasty as so much can change so quickly yet I can still see myself agreeing with you.

It's all about your strategy to risk.

Sterling Archer

I take it Luck is very much more highly rated than Newton.

Yes, easily. He's the most highly rated since Elway, more so than Peyton Manning.

Tons thought newton would be a complete bust though. The difference is he hasn't been and has actually played well in the NFL. Luck hasn't. In terms of rating pre draft though it's night and day.

This is from back in November but makes interesting reading all the same...

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=621093&st=0&p=13748032&hl=luck%20newton&fromsearch=1&&do=findComment&comment=13748032

I take it Luck is very much more highly rated than Newton.

He's rated as the best QB prospect ever I think? Or at least by some.

I think Newton had quite mixed reports heading into the draft if I remember right.

Sterling Archer

He's rated as the best QB prospect ever I think? Or at least by some.

I think Newton had quite mixed reports heading into the draft if I remember right.

Correct thumbsup.gif

Yes this is Mel Kiper (if you watch espn's footage of Jamarcus Russell getting drafted he has an amazing quote).

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=631887

Sterling Archer
I'd say he has the highest floor of any QB to come along in recent years. It's really hard to imagine him becoming any worse than Matt Ryan or Eli Manning. So from an NFL standpoint, he's immensely valuable. It's not often that you get a guy who's a near lock to become playoff caliber QB. My only question with Luck is upside. I think he has the potential to become a super elite Tom Brady type, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he is merely "very good" and not "elite" at the next level.

I'm still taking a 33year old Brees.

This, times a million. Luck has done nothing at NFL level yet, and college football is (ahem) a different ball game altogether. People would seriously trade Brees for him, at this stage?

The amount of hype is incredible - even on here, where I'd guess (and no offence intended) that many of you have never seen Luck, or any other of these draft prospects, play more than a few snaps on You Tube.

Also, do not underestimate how important the Combine is in terms of the real life draft.

Sterling Archer

This, times a million. Luck has done nothing at NFL level yet, and college football is (ahem) a different ball game altogether. People would seriously trade Brees for him, at this stage?

The amount of hype is incredible - even on here, where I'd guess (and no offence intended) that many of you have never seen Luck, or any other of these draft prospects, play more than a few snaps on You Tube.

Also, do not underestimate how important the Combine is in terms of the real life draft.

I've seen around 5 or 6 of his games. I wouldn't hype them personally but let people know what others are saying...

I've seen a couple of his games, but I wouldn't pretend to know much about him or college football in general. I need to watch more next season though.

I saw one half of one of his games this year, and he looked pretty ordinary in it. And as far as youtube highlight reels go, RGIII kicks his arse. But I guess those NFL guys might approach their scouting a little different to me :lol:

Sterling Archer

He has top 5 elite potential. And the skill set of John Elway.

I reckon they should have take Calvin Johnson :teehee:

I'm sure they'd want that one back.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The thing is though, he is guaranteed a starting role by the sounds of it. That immediately adds to his value in fantasy, irrespective of whether he turns out to be Ryan Leaf or not.

128677119386092371.jpg

:yas:

It's not just me who thought this then. I used to think Roger Black looked like Christopher Reeve-Superman, and everyone thought I was mad. This has restored my confidence :ninja:

The thing is though, he is guaranteed a starting role by the sounds of it. That immediately adds to his value in fantasy, irrespective of whether he turns out to be Ryan Leaf or not.

Probably. But then Brees is as near as you can get to being a very good, guaranteed starter for the next few seasons.

I'm not saying I wouldn't pick him if I had a high pick. However, there would be many proven players I would happily trade him for at this stage.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Probably. But then Brees is as near as you can get to being a very good, guaranteed starter for the next few seasons.

I'm not saying I wouldn't pick him if I had a high pick. However, there would be many proven players I would happily trade him for at this stage.

Quite so.

It's like the initial draft. The feeling was that Tom Brady was past his peak and I remember Tom (RIP) drafting him thinking that a lot of folk will feel that he drafted TB out of sentiment. Since that draft though, he was 1st and 2nd in passing yards in successive seasons and there's no reason to think he won't do something similar next season.

Quite so.

It's like the initial draft. The feeling was that Tom Brady was past his peak and I remember Tom (RIP) drafting him thinking that a lot of folk will feel that he drafted TB out of sentiment. Since that draft though, he was 1st and 2nd in passing yards in successive seasons and there's no reason to think he won't do something similar next season.

Indeed. I suspect the steamers franchise may have moved to another owner long before Luck is an elite QB.

That said, Newton has clearly done no too bad...

Sterling Archer

With Luck though, IF and it's a big if he is the next manning and plays like that this year, it's over. You won't get him.

If you believe then now is the only time to buy him. Same applies to Richardson.

Geoff Kilpatrick

With Luck though, IF and it's a big if he is the next manning and plays like that this year, it's over. You won't get him.

If you believe then now is the only time to buy him. Same applies to Richardson.

Quite so.

But when you look at Manning's numbers in his rookie year now being surpassed by Cam Newton (who will never be as good as Manning), then you wonder if Luck is being set up for a massive fall.

Quite so.

But when you look at Manning's numbers in his rookie year now being surpassed by Cam Newton (who will never be as good as Manning), then you wonder if Luck is being set up for a massive fall.

I agree with this. I think the hype is way too high for Luck. You only have to look at the guys who have been number one picks over the years with ones like Tim Couch, David Carr, JaMarcus Russell and even Alex Smith. Ryan Leaf almost went before Peyton Manning as well. Carson Palmer went number one too and although he's been decent in his career, he never looked like approaching top 5 in ability.

It's only both Mannings that have proved themselves as a number one. Although Stafford has almost done as well now. Newton has been a freak and its running ability as much as anything that has put him there, its quite strange looking back to this time last year when a lot of the mock drafts had him outside the top 5.

Add in the fact that if he goes to the Colts, who knows what receivers he'll have around him and although Stafford is good, you could argue that's mainly because he has Megatron. Newton has also been helped out by having Steve Smith.