**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
For all you haters...she can train to be a beauty queen later.

She'll need a lot more than ******* training for that!

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Colts to release Manning tomorrow, according to various reports. Also, more suggestions that Griffin may yet go at No. 1...

Colts to release Manning tomorrow, according to various reports. Also, more suggestions that Griffin may yet go at No. 1...

:loveit:

:loveit:

I can't believe the Colts haven't already signed Luck on the strength of all the interweb expertise on offer...

Geoff Kilpatrick

:wow:

Has Martin got anyone left on his roster? It's almost like he owns an expansion franchise!

Isaac Clarke

Martin, you don't need to trade ALL your players for draft picks! :lol:

Edited by JamboTaylor

Broncos placing a lot of faith in the new wave of rookies and their drafting eye. Who did they take last year?

Isaac Clarke

Broncos placing a lot of faith in the new wave of rookies and their drafting eye. Who did they take last year?

Daniel Thomas I think!

2012 better turn out be a great draft for fantasy players...or he's screwed! :lol:

Edited by JamboTaylor

All I can say is we'll see with the trades. If they go wrong, fine but I don't mind taking a chance. It's better than just sitting with players that are backups and not doing anything about it. If I had left my team as it was, I would never have got anywhere with it and I've moved on a lot of older players. The only ones I've really lost are Romo and Cruz and it's helped me to get a good few picks.

Much more enjoyable with getting involved with trades than not at all.

If I'd left things as they were at the end of the season, I would currently have a starting team of Romo, P Thomas, D Brown, Cruz, Decker, Boldin, L Moore, Keller plus the kicker and D. Also picks 1.09 and 1.12. Now I've got 7 picks inside the first 19, even if half of them turn out to be good, it's given me a good platform for the future.

Was never going to be anything than very average with my team at the end of last season. I won my division last year but it was a fluke more than anything.

Edited by Martin

All I can say is we'll see with the trades. If they go wrong, fine but I don't mind taking a chance. It's better than just sitting with players that are backups and not doing anything about it. If I had left my team as it was, I would never have got anywhere with it and I've moved on a lot of older players. The only ones I've really lost are Romo and Cruz and it's helped me to get a good few picks.

Much more enjoyable with getting involved with trades than not at all.

If I'd left things as they were at the end of the season, I would currently have a starting team of Romo, P Thomas, D Brown, Cruz, Decker, Boldin, L Moore, Keller plus the kicker and D. Also picks 1.09 and 1.12. Now I've got 7 picks inside the first 19, even if half of them turn out to be good, it's given me a good platform for the future.

Was never going to be anything than very average with my team at the end of last season. I won my division last year but it was a fluke more than anything.

So....who did you pick last year?

So....who did you pick last year?

It's already been posted so you know fine well. It was a pick that didn't turn out well but on paper it looked good at the time as Miami had no other RB's at the time. Donnie told me that a few weeks back that he tried to move up from 1.15 last year specifically to pick him. But obviously our league winner last year and the guy with the best team in the league knows nothing.......

You can't judge it from last year as I had one pick in the top 24.

You seem to have to reply to everything I say or comment on every trade. Still I suppose you've got nothing else to get involved in seeing you have no draft picks until the 4th round and your 1st/2nd round Josh Morgan trade offers failed.

Gonna have to say, I thought my offer was better.

You could always make that offer to me, if you think it's a good one.

It's already been posted so you know fine well. It was a pick that didn't turn out well but on paper it looked good at the time as Miami had no other RB's at the time. Donnie told me that a few weeks back that he tried to move up from 1.15 last year specifically to pick him. But obviously our league winner last year and the guy with the best team in the league knows nothing.......

You can't judge it from last year as I had one pick in the top 24.

You seem to have to reply to everything I say or comment on every trade. Still I suppose you've got nothing else to get involved in seeing you have no draft picks until the 4th round and your 1st/2nd round Josh Morgan trade offers failed.

Jeez-o, what's got your goat? It was just a simple question! I missed the bit above about one of your picks.

Deary, deary me...

Edited by Peebo

Broncos v Steamers will be tasty next season! Danny Dyer is on the case!

It's all I'm thinking about, Geoff, when I'm not crying myself to sleep about not having enough draft picks or having a trade offer not only rejected, but brutally dissected in public on here.

Taylor - Got my e-mails and mfl working on my phone and I've sent you a counter.

Isaac Clarke

Looks like there's a fair few teams going after Manning. Confirmed teams seem to be the Seahawks, Chiefs, Broncos, Cardinals, Dolphins and possibly the Jets.

Jambo_Jarman

You could always make that offer to me, if you think it's a good one.

It involved Colston, Locker and a first round draft pick next year (amongst other parts) but I've just made a trade pending review and won't be looking to move either of those pieces until after the draft and free agency.

It involved Colston, Locker and a first round draft pick next year (amongst other parts) but I've just made a trade pending review and won't be looking to move either of those pieces until after the draft and free agency.

Whoops, flatmate's account. teehee.gif

But yeah, I will probably be in the market for another RB or QB but I want to wait and see this time. I know I've said that before but I really mean it this time! unsure.gif

Isaac Clarke

Whoops, flatmate's account. teehee.gif

But yeah, I will probably be in the market for another RB or QB but I want to wait and see this time. I know I've said that before but I really mean it this time! unsure.gif

:interesting:

very

In case you didn't see the message board.

'A trade has been agreed by the Corstorphine Cowboys and Forrester Thunder, however as neither team has yet paid their league fees this trade will not be processed.

As soon as payment has been made by both teams the trade can be finalised'

In case you didn't see the message board.

'A trade has been agreed by the Corstorphine Cowboys and Forrester Thunder, however as neither team has yet paid their league fees this trade will not be processed.

As soon as payment has been made by both teams the trade can be finalised'

How much does Gibby owe? I've to pay for two seasons as I've traded draft picks for next year.

I'll give him a text about it and try and get his half of the cash off him. Then I'll transfer for both teams tomorrow on my break at work.

I don't have internet banking and I don't have any money in my paypal account, so I have to do it in person.

How much does Gibby owe? I've to pay for two seasons as I've traded draft picks for next year.

I'll give him a text about it and try and get his half of the cash off him. Then I'll transfer for both teams tomorrow on my break at work.

I don't have internet banking and I don't have any money in my paypal account, so I have to do it in person.

?3.50 :thumbsup:

FWIW I prefer the Vick side :whistling:

:lol:

I've started posting on there, wanted to see what others thoughts were.

My worry with Vick is the injuries and less running as he gets older, really drops his value. Think it's fair enough what I offered as Davis is a very good TE.

You can't keep your secrets from me :ninja:

It's a good site. I just use it for reading and was considering joining. But now that you two have lowered the overall IQ I might give it a miss :teehee:

They might have an interest in Michael Bush.

Could be a good move for Bush considering how injury prone Bradshaw is. Depends on the salary cap though as NYG is one of the highest.

Great deal for Jennings, especially with the age of the other players going the opposite way.

Hopefully my latest trade will also be able to help me somewhere along the line, probably one it was worth taking the chance with but have to hope Royster and Lewis remain backups.

Brandon Jacobs has been released.

Relieved I managed to trade him when I did.

Interesting to see where Manning ends up, I know there's been talk of Denver which would be surreal to see him playing for the Broncos and the reports are that's he meeting Fox and Elway today. Although I think he'll end up in Arizona - play in a dome, possibly the 2nd best WR in the league in Fitzgerald and not a great division either.

With Clark getting released by Indy, what price on Manning, Wayne, Clark and Saturday all ending up on the same team? :lol:

Just seen that Curtis Painter got released as well, I'm sure there will be a queue of teams wanting to take him :whistling:

Edited by Martin

Dallas Clark and Addia gone from Indy as well

Pleased to see Clark released- hopefully gets a new lease of life elsewhere, and Tamme can hopefully establish himself as a starter.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Redskins complete a trade with the Rams to move into the No2 slot in the draft.

RGIII in DC!

Redskins complete a trade with the Rams to move into the No2 slot in the draft.

RGIII in DC!

3 x1st and a 2nd...the rams will be delighted with that.

Sanchez has signed a new deal with the Jets... Landing spots for Manning disappearing by the minute...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sanchez has signed a new deal with the Jets... Landing spots for Manning disappearing by the minute...

Would love it if he went to Denver, just to see how quickly the Tebow lovers changed tack! :laugh:

I actually think that he will end up in Miami though which will be a real challenge to the Pats.

Would love it if he went to Denver, just to see how quickly the Tebow lovers changed tack! :laugh:

I actually think that he will end up in Miami though which will be a real challenge to the Pats.

Better no say anything in case I upset anyone...but it does look like it's between the Broncos and Dolphins...although I think I saw the Chiefs are the only ones to actually have made an offer.

Huge price to pay. I really hope the skins can go get him some help, as I would like to see Griffin succeed. Kind of good news for the Browns that this has been done early, as it gives them a chance to go after Flynn if they choose. They must be the faves to draft Richardson now too.

Most think it's a straight race between Miami and Arizona for Manning.

Gives Browns a chance to put some pieces around someone like Flynn with those draft picks.

Hopefully RGIII adds some value to Davis, who is to best target in Washington atm. I suspect they'll sign at least one FA WR to take that #1 spot as well.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So what's my offer going to be for a franchise QB at 1.02 (not that it is available until after the draft is finished)?

So what's my offer going to be for a franchise QB at 1.02 (not that it is available until after the draft is finished)?

I think you're better saying what you'd want for it from teams.