**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

I think it's a good compromise from where we both were.

It isn't bad. If I want him I have to pay slightly above his value I guess. It would be easier to do if that 2nd round pick wasn't guaranteed to be 2.12-2.16. And it was a pick this year.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Aye, fair enough man, totally get your reasoning. :thumbsup:

I'm just not sold on Tebow.

On my trades, not sure where I'd be if I'd stuck with Brady/Vick. I wouldn't have either of the Johnsons and my two best recievers would've been Holmes and Meachem. :o

I feel that if the fantasy points he put up last year (after only playing just over 11 games) was before he's had an off season to get better with the WR's and improve his throwing motion, he can only get better. Time will tell though :lol:

You've done a great job with trades to basically make yourself a contender for the next few years. Managing to get both of the Johnsons and upgrading your WR core. Not sure if they were there before but having Davis and Pettigrew at TE as well. I can't remember what the deal was but how did you get Megatron? Was it a swap for Brady?

It isn't bad. If I want him I have to pay slightly above his value I guess. It would be easier to do if that 2nd round pick wasn't guaranteed to be 2.12-2.16. And it was a pick this year.

Offer stands if you don't have any joy elsewhere.

I feel that if the fantasy points he put up last year (after only playing just over 11 games) was before he's had an off season to get better with the WR's and improve his throwing motion, he can only get better. Time will tell though :lol:

You've done a great job with trades to basically make yourself a contender for the next few years. Managing to get both of the Johnsons and upgrading your WR core. Not sure if they were there before but having Davis and Pettigrew at TE as well. I can't remember what the deal was but how did you get Megatron? Was it a swap for Brady?

And then some, I gave up a fair bit for him. After his 2TDs per game start to the season it looked to be worth it all, but the form slipped and cost me a few games.

And then some, I gave up a fair bit for him. After his 2TDs per game start to the season it looked to be worth it all, but the form slipped and cost me a few games.

Think anything you gave up for him is worth it. It's especially when he's far and away the best WR there is, both short and long term. Outside a couple of the QB's, he's also the safest player around as he's going to put up the points for you on a consistent basis over the years.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Tebow trade! :wow:

Like any QB who is a pseudo RB, he will end up getting killed. Even more likely when he can't throw! :laugh:

The Tebow trade! :wow:

Like any QB who is a pseudo RB, he will end up getting killed. Even more likely when he can't throw! :laugh:

The throwing part isn't as true as has been made out, I think people that say that haven't watched many Broncos games and are going by what is said by some people in the media. His throwing isn't great but nowhere near as bad as some people say and he's basically still a rookie QB and will improve. He didn't do too badly against the Steelers in the play offs with their number 1 pass defense.

He might get injured but you could say the exact same thing about Cam Newton as well with his style of game.

"I love Tebow, he combines the fiery leadership of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of Ray Lewis!"

Edited by ForresterJambo

"I love Tebow, he combines the fiery leadership of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of Ray Lewis!"

Ray Charles more like, at times.

Denver Broncos head coach John Fox believes those who label Tim Tebow as a "gimmick" quarterback will be proved wrong. Fox said Thursday that he expects Tebow to continue evolving into more of a traditional-style NFL as he enters his third season.

"He is going to be a great quarterback in this league," Fox told myself and co-host Bill Polian on Sirius XM NFL Radio at the NFL Scouting Combine. "How long it takes (and) when? I can't tell you. But he's going to be that guy in a regular NFL offense.

"I'm not saying we're going to totally abandon some of those things that present problems for the defense. But it?s going to be important (he grows as a quarterback). He?s going to get the opportunity to improve and show he can make those strides."

My link

Think someone like Fox knows a bit more than people in the media or people who don't watch Denver's matches.

Edited by Martin

Ray Charles more like, at times.

Ray Charles is about the only that would think Josh Morgan is worth the 2.2 rookie draft pick :whistling:

How did you come up with that valuation?

Edited by Martin

Ray Charles is about the only that would think Josh Morgan is worth the 2.2 rookie draft pick :whistling:

How did you come up with that valuation?

I didn't try and value anything, just simply made an offer. Were you not the one who recently offered me a player on the day he announced his retirement??

In any case, Morgan is a reasonable WR back-up, in my opinion. Each to their own, though.

I didn't try and value anything, just simply made an offer. Were you not the one who recently offered me a player on the day he announced his retirement??

In any case, Morgan is a reasonable WR back-up, in my opinion. Each to their own, though.

That was a late round pick and thought it was worth a try in case people hadn't heard. Williams has a history of saying he's retiring and coming back.

Agree to disagree about Morgan.

That was a late round pick and thought it was worth a try in case people hadn't heard. Williams has a history of saying he's retiring and coming back.

Agree to disagree about Morgan.

Just as I thought it worth trying with Morgan...I do hope noone's feelings have been hurt through any bids I've made. Or appraisals of any players...

Just as I thought it worth trying with Morgan...I do hope noone's feelings have been hurt through any bids I've made. Or appraisals of any players...

No, I just got a good laugh from it :lol:

Just as I have from Tebow, at times...

I'm sure you'll get a few more too. But not when the Broncos beat the Texans a few seasons back

:greggy:

I'm sure you'll get a few more too. But not when the Broncos beat the Texans a few seasons back

:greggy:

Season before last. Season was over by that point anyway, and I was pretty indifferent when I got round to checking the score.

This years draft class appears to be a lot stronger than last year. So much so that whoever Is still available at the 1.06, I'm guaranteed to be confident of getting a top prospect.

I remember mentioning this before but was wondering about an idea about changing the setup very slightly. Just thought I would even put the idea out there. I think it could give all teams a boost and a freshness. Outside the draft it's very difficult to find players with starting quality and even trades usually only involve starters than backups.

Obviously things get very quiet at this time of year, I was thinking of things we could do now and in the future to change that slightly to get everyone more involved.

The main suggestion is change the size of roster from 30 to 25. Give people more options on the waiver wire each week, more chance of a bargain and brings more to the management side of it about who you sign and let go.

What I would suggest is once the rookie draft has been done, teams cut their roster back to 30 again, including those picked from the rookies. Then the waiver wire is opened (along with our budget) and we can then attempt to bring in players that have been released if anyone wants to. That gives us something to do in the next few months.

Just before the start of the season, instead of cutting the numbers back to 30 as we would do now, have it at 25. It would give more activity as the season is starting and then throughout the season, something that would help teams that are unlucky enough to get hit by injuries or want to do some wheeling and dealing.

Would help the league become more competitive. It would benefit the weaker teams by being able to add better players and it would benefit the better teams as they could potentially spend almost all of their budget each season on one or two good players that have been released, players who would probably be better than backups in their squad now.

I have an idea that we could then do for the following season which would include a few more players from our team going into the rookie draft to help to make picks in the 3rd to 6th round more valuable, seeing at the moment they don't seem to mean as much as they should. But I will hold off on giving my suggestion for that until I find out the reaction to this one.

Anyone think it's a good idea or pros/cons to it? :thumbsup:

This years draft class appears to be a lot stronger than last year. So much so that whoever Is still available at the 1.06, I'm guaranteed to be confident of getting a top prospect.

Definitely agree there, players seem much more likely to make an impact than those last year.

Picks in the top ten should make a big difference.

Shite idea ::troll:::'>

Actually, it seems like a good suggestion to me. Potentially 80 extra players on waivers would make that part of the game more interesting. And it should give a little more chance for the weaker squads to be slightly more competitive.

Edited by Long Ball Larry

I'd rather have the depth tbh

On RGIII, I think I've said this before, but many people wrote off Newton last year and he performed so well and I think this has made a few people hold their tounges when it comes to their doubts about RG. Reckon you'd see a lot more critical stuff about him if it wasn't for writers worried about making another wrong call on a similar style of player.

I like having depth too. And after drafting in the rookie draft, I'd have a hard time trying to cut a certain amount of players to meet the 25. But those added decisions would make things a lot more interesting in my opinion. And make the waiver wire far more relevant and important.

If folk are against this idea, then I would then at least suggest talking about going back to the 25 player squad with a 5 player taxi squad.

RBs

David Wilson 4.40

Robert Turbin 4.44 and 28 reps for bench press

Doug Martin 4.57 and 28 reps

Lamar Miller 4.38 :woot:

WRs

Kendall Wright 4.45

Michael floyd 4.42 and 16 reps

Stephen Hill(who?) 4.30

Ron asked me to copy and paste his view on the idea to change from 30 to 25 player squads:

Dear Loyal Servants.

I think it's a great idea, so much so that I wonder how I never came up with it myself. It would create a tremendous amount of excitement when players of the caliber of Justin Forsett, Josh Morgan and Brian Robiskie hit waivers. I think we should implement this straight away for the coming season, and strive towards making the league a lot more funner.

Signed, Your great leader.

PS. Having a great time on my holiday, sorry I haven't sent a postcard.

His real opinion :verymad: ....Personally I think a roster change sucks. What would TJ Yates, Joique Bell, Curtis Brinkley, Kregg Lumpkin and John Carlson do to improve competitiveness.

Larger rosters actually improve competitiveness as they allow poor team to hold onto more fliers. By reducing rosters you're only making stronger teams stronger in comparison to others.

If people want a more competitive league they should do more research, be more active on the WW, draft better and make better trades.

Ron asked me to copy and paste his view on the idea to change from 30 to 25 player squads:

Dear Loyal Servants.

I think it's a great idea, so much so that I wonder how I never came up with it myself. It would create a tremendous amount of excitement when players of the caliber of Justin Forsett, Josh Morgan and Brian Robiskie hit waivers. I think we should implement this straight away for the coming season, and strive towards making the league a lot more funner.

Signed, Your great leader.

PS. Having a great time on my holiday, sorry I haven't sent a postcard.

His real opinion :verymad: ....Personally I think a roster change sucks. What would TJ Yates, Joique Bell, Curtis Brinkley, Kregg Lumpkin and John Carlson do to improve competitiveness.

Larger rosters actually improve competitiveness as they allow poor team to hold onto more fliers. By reducing rosters you're only making stronger teams stronger in comparison to others.

If people want a more competitive league they should do more research, be more active on the WW, draft better and make better trades.

You couldn't have picked a better three players :lol:

With our holidaying leader's opinion of being active on the WW, I would say that goes for my argument about more players on the WW rather than against as there are isn't the volume of players available to make a proper impact. I had a look and think there's maybe only about 7 or 8 players from last year that would have been a starter for a team, Jake Ballard, Kevin Smith and Laurent Robinson being three. I would have thought that more available players would make for a more competitive league.

I think possibly on the poorer teams, they are holding onto more fliers because isn't a better alternative on the WW.

People can definitely draft better and make better trades. But very few trades happen and the draft only comes around once a year, even the best research with that can cause things to go badly, for example the guys who drafted Leshoure and Williams last year.

I'm fine with it staying as it is, but I think it would help things become a bit more active rather than people mainly sticking with what they have.

The revolution has been quashed :P

I'm sure if there was enough people who thought it was a good idea, then Ron would hold a poll for it. But I did think that even though I liked the idea, the majority of people(certainly the majority of people who post on here) would be against it.

My team doesn't need change to be competitive anyway :smuggy:

Not against the idea of a smaller squad but if giving the opportunity, I'd vote against it. I think you need the depth in a Dynasty league to allow your squad to develop over time. Also, all teams have been developing their squads based on

a 30-man rule, so I don't like the idea of suddenly changing it.

Perhaps one thing we could do is force everyone to cut squads to 30 before our draft begins to pad out the pool of players available in the later rounds. Then, we could cut to 30 as planned prior to the start of the season.

The revolution has been quashed :P

I'm sure if there was enough people who thought it was a good idea, then Ron would hold a poll for it. But I did think that even though I liked the idea, the majority of people(certainly the majority of people who post on here) would be against it.

My team doesn't need change to be competitive anyway :smuggy:

I've never been good at winning arguments :P

Perhaps one thing we could do is force everyone to cut squads to 30 before our draft begins to pad out the pool of players available in the later rounds. Then, we could cut to 30 as planned prior to the start of the season.

That's something I thought about as well but didn't think it would be fair as people might have given away later draft picks due to the way things are now. Wanted to come up with something to keep everything on a level playing field for everyone this season but I would agree with you about doing that for next season, seeing that everyone would then know that a later draft pick could be more valuable than now.

This season its probably fairer that anyone cut can go to anyone that bids enough for them.

Edited by Martin

The main thing for me that needs to be looked at is the level of activity of some owners. I'm sure most of the 16 owners have busy life's, but I don't think it's asking too much for people to reply to trades within a certain time, to submit teams weekly, to take part in any polls that involve rule changes, to try and keep up with the rookie draft so we aren't waiting too long for one pick.

My own opinion is that we should have a 3 strikes and your out rule if people fail in any of the above. And a new owner is found in replacement.

Trades - Everyone should reply to a trade offer within 7 days of it being offered. Everyone should have this set up so you receive an email when you get an offer.

Team lineup - Should be submitted each week.

League Polls - If there is a poll that has the potential to change the league rules, then everyone should be voting on it and having there opinion on the change. Again like the trades one, you can set this up so you receive an email when a poll is posted.

Rookie draft - Just decency to try and keep it moving. Will be up to the commish if he wants to set a time limit per pick.

Anyone who is going to be away for a length of time, can post it on here, post it on the site message board or just let Ron know and he can post it on the site so people know. And they won't break any of the rules.

I'm not trying to take the fun out of it, but think that everyone who is going to the trouble of taking part should want the best league possible. And think that can only be done if all 16 owners are active on the site.

I'm going to eventually ask Ron to put a poll up on this, to see if people want this written into the rules. So if anyone thinks any of the above should be amended, or have anything else they think should be added to a poll about activity, then post away.

The main thing for me that needs to be looked at is the level of activity of some owners. I'm sure most of the 16 owners have busy life's, but I don't think it's asking too much for people to reply to trades within a certain time, to submit teams weekly, to take part in any polls that involve rule changes, to try and keep up with the rookie draft so we aren't waiting too long for one pick.

My own opinion is that we should have a 3 strikes and your out rule if people fail in any of the above. And a new owner is found in replacement.

Trades - Everyone should reply to a trade offer within 7 days of it being offered. Everyone should have this set up so you receive an email when you get an offer.

League Polls - If there is a poll that has the potential to change the league rules, then everyone should be voting on it and having there opinion on the change. Again like the trades one, you can set this up so you receive an email when a poll is posted.

Rookie draft - Just decency to try and keep it moving. Will be up to the commish if he wants to set a time limit per pick.

Anyone who is going to be away for a length of time, can post it on here, post it on the site message board or just let Ron know and he can post it on the site so people know. And they won't break any of the rules.

I'm not trying to take the fun out of it, but think that everyone who is going to the trouble of taking part should want the best league possible. And think that can only be done if all 16 owners are active on the site.

I'm going to eventually ask Ron to put a poll up on this, to see if people want this written into the rules. So if anyone thinks any of the above should be amended, or have anything else they think should be added to a poll about activity, then post away.

:cornette:

Definitely agree on the Trades and Lineups part...I remember playing against some teams last season that were starting injured/on a bye player(s).

We should definitely have a time limit per pick during the draft, maybe 24hrs per pick??

Definitely agree on the Trades and Lineups part...I remember playing against some teams last season that were starting injured/on a bye player(s).

We should definitely have a time limit per pick during the draft, maybe 24hrs per pick??

Occasionally due to bye weeks and injuries, it can't be avoided. But if it's actually due to someone not submitting a team, then that's a poor show. People have all week to submit a team, and if they won't be able to get on to do it, they should be contacting Ron and asking him to submit a team for them.

Some great points Larry, like the idea of making sure that people get involved a bit more too. Hopefully spark a bit more interest and make sure that the league is the best that it can be. It can often be a long wait in between trade offers made.

I like the idea about 24 hours per pick. Very easy to setup the autopick list before it's a team's turn, as it's going to be reasonably straight forward planning ahead as to who you might pick.

:lol:

It's pretty sad I know. But if it means that people actually start taking part in the league, responding to trades etc then why not?

I agree that I'd like everyone to be as active as we are, but it's clearly not as big a deal for some others so I think pushing them out because they failed to respond to a trade offer is a bit harsh.

Occasionally due to bye weeks and injuries, it can't be avoided. But if it's actually due to someone not submitting a team, then that's a poor show. People have all week to submit a team, and if they won't be able to get on to do it, they should be contacting Ron and asking him to submit a team for them.

I remember that happened last year to me because both my kickers were on a bye week.

Remind me, what was the timespan for the decision to change the layout of the website? Must have been a few days maximum, right? I would consider myself a fairly active member of the league but had no chance to have my say in that as I was offline for a wee while.

I don't think 24 hours in long enough, but do agree there should be some limit.

I agree that I'd like everyone to be as active as we are, but it's clearly not as big a deal for some others so I think pushing them out because they failed to respond to a trade offer is a bit harsh.

I realise I'm a bit of a FF saddo, who might be taking it all a bit too serious, and others actually have a life :ninja:

But I don't think it's asking too much of anyone participating, to respond to trade offers within one week, or to submit a line up every week. Even if one or two people aren't doing them, it devalues things for the others imo.

It might seem over the top, but I would rather have a new owner who is keen to take part, than someone who is consistently failing to do the basics of FF.

Remind me, what was the timespan for the decision to change the layout of the website? Must have been a few days maximum, right? I would consider myself a fairly active member of the league but had no chance to have my say in that as I was offline for a wee while.

Just my opinion, but I don't think it was something that needed debated. It was done as an upgrade and an improvement to the site.

I suggested that the people who agreed to pay for it, could vote on what layout they wanted, but black was chosen anyway. But if any of the guys are genuinely unhappy with that decision, then I'll pay there %.

Just my opinion, but I don't think it was something that needed debated. It was done as an upgrade and an improvement to the site.

I suggested that the people who agreed to pay for it, could vote on what layout they wanted, but black was chosen anyway. But if any of the guys are genuinely unhappy with that decision, then I'll pay there %.

I'm genuinely unhappy, so can I get it for free? :P

Honestly I'm happy with it though and was more than happy to contribute to it to help, I like the effort being put in.

It's seriously not a big deal, but my point was that if you are all about people getting involved and giving their opinion, that was a pretty good example of people not getting a chance to give their input. My opinion is that it was better as it was, and would have preferred it to have remained as such.

As I wasn't given a chance to have input, I didn't pay a share of the cost, which I think was fair enough. I'd actually pay a few quid to return it to as it was!

Nucky Thompson

I was away for a fortnight to Sharm El Sheikh and got back on Thursday night. I was unable to check my email and when I got back I noticed I had missed a few trade proposals. I would like this opportunity to apologise :thumbsup:

PS..I'm willing to contribute to the new upgrade, just PM me how much and who to send payment to.

Edited by Boo Boo