**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Is it that big a deal? If you've got the skill it can't hurt your game thar much. Brees just scrapes 6 foot.

Apparently his arm strength is significantly weaker than Brees.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

Is it that big a deal? If you've got the skill it can't hurt your game thar much. Brees just scrapes 6 foot.

It is to scouts, ultimately that's what matters with regards to the draft.

See Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf etc.

People with great athleticism will always be more highly rated.

Personally think Moore could make a nice backup QB for a WCO.

Sterling Archer

What would you like for Tolbert?

Probably a bit more than your recent offer. If you had a 2nd that would make things a lot easier.

I'm primarily holding him because of the injury risk of Matthews therefore he's got more value to me than anyone else. Now Tolbert is a FA and if he doesn't resign with San Diego Id be far more willing to trade him.

I paid a 2 for him and he performed far better than anyone expected, thats why I'd expect around the same back.

Hope this clarifies :thumbsup:

Probably a bit more than your recent offer. If you had a 2nd that would make things a lot easier.

I'm primarily holding him because of the injury risk of Matthews therefore he's got more value to me than anyone else. Now Tolbert is a FA and if he doesn't resign with San Diego Id be far more willing to trade him.

I paid a 2 for him and he performed far better than anyone expected, thats why I'd expect around the same back.

Hope this clarifies :thumbsup:

Yes it does, I'll have a think.

Similarly, Bryan, what would you want for Vincent Brown?

Turner might have the record forever for the shortest stay of a player on a team now :lol:

The more I thought about it, the more I worried about his age, slowing down and a bigger role for Rodgers in Atlanta's offense. He might have been in my team for a year and it's going to be very difficult for me to contend this year, so think the pick is probably more useful for me. Although wondering whether I should have asked for a second rounder as well. Happy to get another pick for next year though, hopefully it will land at a good spot for me.

Sterling Archer

Turner might have the record forever for the shortest stay of a player on a team now :lol:

The more I thought about it, the more I worried about his age, slowing down and a bigger role for Rodgers in Atlanta's offense. He might have been in my team for a year and it's going to be very difficult for me to contend this year, so think the pick is probably more useful for me. Although wondering whether I should have asked for a second rounder as well. Happy to get another pick for next year though, hopefully it will land at a good spot for me.

I'd be happy with what you got tbh.

Proven RB for what I hope will be a late 1st round pick- no brainer from my perspective.

Time will tell, though...

Geoff Kilpatrick

With the scores of trades that have been occurring, can we have an update of who owns what in the first two rounds please?

I'd be happy with what you got tbh.

Hope that turns out to be the case. Been a bit concerned about some of the things I've read about his role in Atlanta going forward.

Proven RB for what I hope will be a late 1st round pick- no brainer from my perspective.

Time will tell, though...

You've definitely got quite a good group of RB's now, especially if Hillis bounces back next season.

For me just now, it's worth the gamble, I'm expecting a late pick and anything else would be a bonus.

Nah, I'm good.

:lol:

I'm not really looking to trade him to be honest. I'm pretty optimistic for him, so I wouldn't take a 2nd round pick for him. And I can't see a player trade.

Sterling Archer

Any one want a 2.02 pick for this year. Have you seen anything Donnie?.

There's a few players on your team I like and the 2.02 is interesting but I want to have more of a think about it

Any one want a 2.02 pick for this year. Have you seen anything Donnie?.

I'd be more than happy to take it back! Exchange for a second and third next year? Looking at my roster, it's an almost certainty that it will be a high one. Is it picks or players you are looking for?

:lol:

I'm not really looking to trade him to be honest. I'm pretty optimistic for him, so I wouldn't take a 2nd round pick for him. And I can't see a player trade.

Fair enough thumbsup.gif

Prob a player Martin. Should have swapped back for Turner :lol:

If only! If I'd known that, I would have possibly offered that to you as the trade.

If there is any player that you would be interested in, let me know :thumbsup:

If only! If I'd known that, I would have possibly offered that to you as the trade.

If there is any player that you would be interested in, let me know :thumbsup:

The only two would be Winslow or Decker mate.

No problem at all, again the type of trade that works for both of us :thumbsup: Gives you a better chance in the short term, where as I need all the picks I can get and I'm happy to get another top 20 pick. I need Moeaki to step up now and gives me a few more options where to use the pick.

Never thought I would be doing this many trades but I'm enjoying it and it's good to mix things up.

Weve probably seen more trades in the last 2 weeks than we did in the first season.

Most of which involve me. I must be the Harry Redknapp with all the wheeling and dealing, not sure if that's a good thing or not!

It's been good though, some of them will turn out to be mistakes, hopefully some will work out for me. Hopefully we'll get more around the league because it really helps to keep things busy and ticking over until the draft/free agency.

Sterling Archer

Most of which involve me. I must be the Harry Redknapp with all the wheeling and dealing, not sure if that's a good thing or not!

It's been good though, some of them will turn out to be mistakes, hopefully some will work out for me. Hopefully we'll get more around the league because it really helps to keep things busy and ticking over until the draft/free agency.

Ive made you some offers which I expect you may :what: at but I can justify why it makes sense for you, or why it's a fair starting point at least!

Sterling Archer

Martin, you don't need to have EVERYBODY'S draft picks! :lol:

Guarantees he gets who he wants I suppose.

Ive made you some offers which I expect you may :what: at but I can justify why it makes sense for you, or why it's a fair starting point at least!

I think it's a fair offer but I'm not sure how long he'll last in the league and it's the sort of player that is better on a contending team rather than a rebuild.

Martin, you don't need to have EVERYBODY'S draft picks! :lol:

In an ideal world, I'd like to pick up some more picks :teehee:

Considering that I've traded my first five or six picks from our startup and my first pick from our rookie draft last year, everyone should want to give me more because I don't draft well!

Sterling Archer

I think it's a fair offer but I'm not sure how long he'll last in the league and it's the sort of player that is better on a contending team rather than a rebuild.

I think your guaranteed 2 but could potentially get 3 years of top 4-5 production from him. Realistically there isn't much point looking more than 3 years into the future in dynasty and considering who might be available in the area of those picks I think we could still do something.

I looked it up and over the second half of the season combining WRs and TEs he was #16 (making him more than a WR1 for our league). That's the reason I feel the deal is fair, I'm more than happy to budge a bit on it but would need the 1.09 I'f I'm taking other lesser picks.

Sterling Archer

In an ideal world, I'd like to pick up some more picks :teehee:

Considering that I've traded my first five or six picks from our startup and my first pick from our rookie draft last year, everyone should want to give me more because I don't draft well!

Or you should want to trade them for productive players like your league champion did :greggy:

Edited by Ron Swanson

I think your guaranteed 2 but could potentially get 3 years of top 4-5 production from him. Realistically there isn't much point looking more than 3 years into the future in dynasty and considering who might be available in the area of those picks I think we could still do something.

I looked it up and over the second half of the season combining WRs and TEs he was #16 (making him more than a WR1 for our league). That's the reason I feel the deal is fair, I'm more than happy to budge a bit on it but would need the 1.09 I'f I'm taking other lesser picks.

Will think about it and there's no doubt how good a player he is. It's encouraging that his fitness worries improved over the second half of the season, although it's not something that he can get rid of and might have to deal with the rest of his career.

Or you should want to trade them for productive players like your league champion did :greggy:

That's because there's not mugs out there like me that trade people like Bowe for players that in some cases aren't even WR3 on their team :down:

Although I have learned from our league champion to try and use depth to my advantage to try and get players that will make a difference!

Just had a quick look back to see what my overall trades have brought me

Given up:

QB:

Tony Romo

RB:

Donald Brown, Daniel Thomas, Pierre Thomas, Danny Woodhead ,Isaac Redman

WR:

Anquan Boldin, Lance Moore, Harry Douglas

TE:

Dustin Keller

1:16, 2:12, 2:16, 3:12

Got:

QB

Ben Roethlisberger

RB:

Darren McFadden

WR:

Early Doucet

1:03, 1:14, 2013 1st rounder

Time will tell whether it's been good or not. On paper, it looks terrible but I don't think I've downgraded too much at QB. I've lost a lot of depth at RB, although gained a player that is better on his own, if he stays fit. Obviously a huge downgrade at WR and Keller will be a loss but getting Moeaki back is like getting a new player.

:greggy:

::troll:::'>

That's because you knew what you were doing at the start and drafted well, unlike me :muggy:

Is there any way on the site to find the original draft? Would be interesting to see how it went.

Sterling Archer

25.07 392. Kaunas Buckeyes Flynn, Matt GBP QB Fri Jul 30 11:44:40 a.m. ET 2010 32.12 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

I knew back then...

Cheers for that, I was right that my first six picks have now all gone. It's frustrating looking at that now and the most annoying is I was only one pick away from getting Megatron instead of Reggie Wayne.

Probably 8 out of the top 20 wouldn't be there if we were starting right now, shows how much things change. Lots of what could have been's.

Gronkowski at 200 and Graham at 201. Picked just after Jordan Shipley.

Jordy Nelson at 294, picked after Lex Hilliard

Michael Vick at 332

Peyton Hillis at 368

I was looking to see where I drafted Victor Cruz but he went undrafted, wonder if we'll get a better undrafted player again :greggy:

Sterling Archer

Cheers for that, I was right that my first six picks have now all gone. It's frustrating looking at that now and the most annoying is I was only one pick away from getting Megatron instead of Reggie Wayne.

Probably 8 out of the top 20 wouldn't be there if we were starting right now, shows how much things change. Lots of what could have been's.

Gronkowski at 200 and Graham at 201. Picked just after Jordan Shipley.

Jordy Nelson at 294, picked after Lex Hilliard

Michael Vick at 332

Peyton Hillis at 368

I was looking to see where I drafted Victor Cruz but he went undrafted, wonder if we'll get a better undrafted player again :greggy:

My top 5 picks

Rodgers

Matthews

Wells

Nicks

Bryant

Jason Hanson wasn't bad for our Mr Irrelevant award.

It would have been better if it had been the guy that went before him, Dedrick Epps who never scored a point.