• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

I play you twice this year Martin. Nice to have some wins in the bag before the season has even started :lol:

:lol:

Happy to oblige, in fact that could be a double bonus as it might help you to win your league and give me a better draft pick with the Steamers one :thumbsup:

:lol:

Happy to oblige, in fact that could be a double bonus as it might help you to win your league and give me a better draft pick with the Steamers one :thumbsup:

Fixtures have been changed now so that you don't play another team not in your division twice...So Instead of a second game with you, I have the Steelers :(

What's your idea of a monster offer for Cruz?

FYI - You need to set skin to 'None' for it to show up properly, in case any of you missed the message.

It gets much better once you do this.

Anyone wanting to change the modules you want on your homepage:

Click on the MY TEAM tab.

Click on FRANCHISE SET UP.

Click on HOME PAGE.

The new column 33% is obviously the one that runs down the left side of your home page and 67% column the bigger one.

Add or Remove modules that take your fancy.

I've removed a few and added: Twitter, Player news and Fantasy articles. But there is a lot of others to chose from.

Where is the MY TEAM tab?

FOR OWNERS -> FRANCHISE SETUP -> SKIN -> NONE (Top option, left hand side)

OK, thanks. I've still got the same all black thing I had when I logged in. Does the skin just change the colour? Anyway to get back to the old layout??

Last question, did someone pay 50-odd quid for this???

Is there any way to have all the different links displayed like there were on the original format? E.g. on the left of the screen.

I'm not 100% on how you change it back, as I don't want to mess with mine trying to find out. But If you PM or email Ron Swanson, he should be able to help you out.

Been speaking to Ron and unfortunately for the people who don't like it, there isn't a way to change it back to the old layout as the black is hard coded into the league now. I'm sure people will get used to it, and prefer it to the crappy old one in time.

Most of the links that where down the left hand side are on the top of the page under the My leagues, Reports, For Owners and Communications tabs.

But you can customise your page so the majority of the links and information that you use the most, appear on your homepage. You can set up a slideshow on your page also, at the moment it's set up with a couple of nice features: Latest news(with a scroll down tab with more headlines and news) and Articles(Write you can write your own if you fancy it). But you can request just about anything to be included in it...Coming up to the draft, so I'm sure our rookie draft will be included on the slideshow once it starts...In season live scoring or any other function can be added. If you want anything added to it just say.

I'm not sure if it's automatically set up for everyone, but I had to add the slideshow manually. Pretty simple to do

Franchise Set Up

Home Page

First option from the box on the left is New Column, add to list. They ask you for a width, enter 100.

New column(100%) will be at the bottom of right box, select this and move it up to the very top of right column.

Now near the bottom of the left side module options you need to find slideshow, add to list.

It will appear at the bottom of the right column, select it and move it up so it is directly underneath the New Column(100%)

Ok. The links on the left were useful for me as I look at the page on my phone a lot. The drop down menus are a major pain to use. I will ###### around and try and get the layout into something manageable and get right of the twitter and blog stuff I am not interested in.

If it can't be reversed, fair enough. In future, I'd prefer if people are given enough time to respond to any proposed changes like this. At risk of sounding like a dick, I couldn't care less about the 9 quid or whatever it is, but I ain't paying for it, since it's not a change I would have voted for and it appears that only a minority wanted it. I'm sure I'll get used to it...

Still murder in IE6 though I guess that can't be helped. Does mean the site is almost unusable for me so I'll no be chipping in either I'm afraid.

Still murder in IE6 though I guess that can't be helped. Does mean the site is almost unusable for me so I'll no be chipping in either I'm afraid.

Did you set skin to none?

Did you set skin to none?

Aye, that helps a bit. There's still issues with it loading poorly & alpha transparencies tend not to work in IE6 so you get borders & backgrounds blanking out sections of text.

I really should be working anyway...... :)

Fixtures have been changed now so that you don't play another team not in your division twice...So Instead of a second game with you, I have the Steelers :(

What's your idea of a monster offer for Cruz?

Just seen this post now. At least you'll still be guaranteed one win now though against me :lol:

Cruz has got massive value in this league especially with it being a PPR format, don't think there's too many more valuable at that position, factoring in his age and I can see him repeating this season. The one that would interest me most in your team would be Marshall but he's got big question marks against him because if he gets into trouble one more time, he could be gone from the league. Plus he's also older than Cruz as well. Would probably need to be something like your 1.06 and Marshall for Cruz.

Just seen this post now. At least you'll still be guaranteed one win now though against me :lol:

Cruz has got massive value in this league especially with it being a PPR format, don't think there's too many more valuable at that position, factoring in his age and I can see him repeating this season. The one that would interest me most in your team would be Marshall but he's got big question marks against him because if he gets into trouble one more time, he could be gone from the league. Plus he's also older than Cruz as well. Would probably need to be something like your 1.06 and Marshall for Cruz.

People might not agree, but I wouldn't even do Marshall straight up for Cruz. Marshall is pretty much a sure thing in PPR, the last 5 seasons he's had 102, 104, 101, 86 and 81 receptions. I think he is seriously undervalued by most, and at 27 he still has plenty of years in him. Not to mention the fact he his likely to have an upgrade in QB throwing him the ball this year.

Geoff Kilpatrick

People might not agree, but I wouldn't even do Marshall straight up for Cruz. Marshall is pretty much a sure thing in PPR, the last 5 seasons he's had 102, 104, 101, 86 and 81 receptions. I think he is seriously undervalued by most, and at 27 he still has plenty of years in him. Not to mention the fact he his likely to have an upgrade in QB throwing him the ball this year.

Still not worth a 1.02 though :P

There's no doubt that Marshall has the talent and a lot of it, being a Bronco fan I know it all too well and I'm still annoyed at McDaniels for trading him as you can imagine! But there's also the off field stuff and the risk of suspension, he's a complete loose cannon off the field. The new QB will help even more but as usual he's been mouthing off and he's put so much pressure on the Dolphins to go out and get him a good QB which if it doesn't happen, think he's the type who could go off in the huff. There was even stuff a few weeks back where he was saying to Cutler to get him to Chicago.

After saying all that, Cruz will probably get arrested tomorrow :P

Is it possible to add the My Player News feed to your homepage? It's in one of the drop downs but I can't see it as an option to add.

Is it possible to add the My Player News feed to your homepage? It's in one of the drop downs but I can't see it as an option to add.

He's added it to the slideshow now. If you don't have the slideshow on, then you can also add the team news to your homepage. Franchise set up..home page...then your news should be near the bottom of the available modules. select it and add to list..then move up to where you want it to appear on your page.

My wee moan....A few people seem to take absolutely ages(over a week) to reply to trades. If it's possible can people check that they have there up to date email set up on the site. For owners..Franchise set up..Basic.. then edit your email.

And also that they have it set up so they receive emails when they get trade offers. That can be done by..franchise set up..contact info..Then tick the send email for trade proposals.

http://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2012/view_news_article?L=30036&ID=28045TheHuddle

Mike Wallace could be playing elsewhere next year. Would cost a 1st round pick, but any team with decent cap room might b interested.

Plenty of quality free agent WRs this year...Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Wes Welker, Steve Johnson, Marques Colston, Pierre Garcon and Mario Manningham. Will be interesting to see which ones leave and where they end up.

Browns wouldn't be bad if they draft RGIII with their 4th overall pick, and then use the other 1st they have for Wallace.

I read Ravens would be interested. Surely with Torrey Smith already there as the deep threat they would want a possession receiver instead of Wallace though.

Will be interesting to see where Wallace ends up, think unfortunately it would make a lot of sense for the Patriots to try and get him.

It doesn't seem like there will be many RB's on the market in free agency but think it's going to be very interesting to see where the WR's end up, a few will re-sign like Welker but can see a good few moving on. I would love to see the Broncos going after one of them and move Decker inside to the slot position.

:muggy:

Why? Won't they have to pay him silly money?

Don't panic :lol: . I read that they will tag him with the plan of trading him, rather than just losing him to free agency.

Aye, I didn't think it through.

Noticed your proposal just now, will get back to you in a bit. :thumbsup:

No probs. I think it's a pretty fair offer as is. I know that generally people ask for a little extra when they receive an offer, and try and squeeze as much out of it as possible. But I might as well say in advance that I won't be willing to give up the 1.06.

Martin :wub: Tebow

I had a feeling there would be a fair bit of abuse thrown my way!

Could be a good move, could wreck my team as well. I just felt that Ponder was never going to be anything but a backup in fantasy and I think Webb could end up becoming the Vikings starter. You've probably all noticed I've tried to include Doucet in trades I've offered :lol: It's very difficult to find value from the third round onwards, so I'm ok with losing these picks.

Needed to keep my 1:09 and still got my Steamers pick for next year too, so taking a chance it won't be lower than my 1:12 for this year. So having my 1:03, 1:09, 2:02, 2:03, as well as my two first rounders for next year, I'm quite happy to take that chance that Tebow improves over the summer.

Could be interesting what I decide to do with my 1:03 now :whistling:

I suspect Ponder has more NFL life to him, to be honest...

Time will tell with that one, Webb has done very well when Ponder has been out and seemed to give the Vikings a bit of a spark. Worried about his ability to stay healthy as well.

P-Diz :cornette: Tebow

It's a gamble but I've probably given up less than what you did for Flynn who has only had the 2 starts. There's question marks with both.

I was just wondering about what you where going to do with the 1.03 myself.

Essentially Ponder, 1.12 and 2.06 for Tebow is reasonably fair I'd say. But I'm surprised you did it when you consider your needs and that you hold the 1.03.

I better add that I'd still prefer the Ponder side of it :lol:

Edited by Long Ball Larry

I supsect you're right.

Tebow FFS.

It's a pick that could be terrible but I prefer having a few trades thrown about and taking a chance, rather than not do anything.

From all the dynasty sites, they've all got Tebow ranked ahead of Ponder. Ponder might be better throwing the ball but less likely to put up the same amount of points.

I was just wondering about what you where going to do with the 1.03 myself.

Essentially Ponder, 1.12 and 2.06 for Tebow is reasonably fair I'd say. But I'm surprised you did it when you consider your needs and that you hold the 1.03.

If I hadn't traded for Tebow, I would have definitely picked Luck, so Ponder would have been my number 3 QB. I'm not sure what I would have got in return for him. You never know with the 1:12 and 2:06 and as you say I've got a lot of needs. I would have liked to keep the 2:06 but a deal wouldn't have been done and I've still got 4 picks inside the first 19, as well as two first rounders next.

After having a look at what the rookies rankings are so far, there seems to be a bit of a drop after the top 10 and what I was planning to do with the 1:12 was to try and trade it for something next year.

I know there has been lots of interest in the 1:01 and 1:02, so it gives me options at 1:03. At the moment, I have no clue but it gives me a couple of months to see how things pan out.

Edited by Martin

It's a gamble but I've probably given up less than what you did for Flynn who has only had the 2 starts. There's question marks with both.

Reckon Ponder + 2.06 for Tebow would've been fair, the rest is a bit much. Maybe nothing good outside the 1.12 but it gives him a chance to pick up a couple of guys that might not be on the radar of most.

Took a bit of a gamble on Flynn and hoping that things work out in the off-season, I needed something more at QB and after talking to a mate of mine I thought it was worth a shot.

Larry - sent you another offer

Reckon Ponder + 2.06 for Tebow would've been fair, the rest is a bit much. Maybe nothing good outside the 1.12 but it gives him a chance to pick up a couple of guys that might not be on the radar of most.

Took a bit of a gamble on Flynn and hoping that things work out in the off-season, I needed something more at QB and after talking to a mate of mine I thought it was worth a shot.

Larry - sent you another offer

The problem was that there was no deal if I didn't give my 1:09 or the Steamers 2013 pick. I'll need to take the chance that the Steamers pick isn't lower than 1:12 next year. The last pick in the third round might have potential but the end of the fourth and the two fifth's you just don't know what they might bring. If I'd kept the later round ones, I might have had to cut them anyway because of lack of roster space.

I think taking a gamble was good because I think that's what being in the league is about. If you want to go for someone, go for them because there will be trades that work out and ones that don't, but it's better to take the chance and do trades rather than sitting on players and picks. That's what I've tried to do since the season ended. Getting involved with trades is what's put your team in a strong position now, so you have definitely seen the benefit of it.

Having a hard time trying to accept it, I think you have me paying a bit too much. Let me think about it a bit longer.

I think it's a good compromise from where we both were.

Edited by P-Dizzle

The problem was that there was no deal if I didn't give my 1:09 or the Steamers 2013 pick. I'll need to take the chance that the Steamers pick isn't lower than 1:12 next year. The last pick in the third round might have potential but the end of the fourth and the two fifth's you just don't know what they might bring. If I'd kept the later round ones, I might have had to cut them anyway because of lack of roster space.

I think taking a gamble was good because I think that's what being in the league is about. If you want to go for someone, go for them because there will be trades that work out and ones that don't, but it's better to take the chance and do trades rather than sitting on players and picks. That's what I've tried to do since the season ended. Getting involved with trades is what's put your team in a strong position now, so you have definitely seen the benefit of it.

Aye, fair enough man, totally get your reasoning. :thumbsup:

I'm just not sold on Tebow.

On my trades, not sure where I'd be if I'd stuck with Brady/Vick. I wouldn't have either of the Johnsons and my two best recievers would've been Holmes and Meachem. :o