please join in the protest

sneakypete

Seriously-what are we protesting about, yes vlad is a ****** of the highest order - we all know that but what happens if we succeed? He pulls the plug and we die..great, thanks sneakypete!! THERE IS NO-ONE OUT THERE WHO WILL SAVE US!!!

Whilst the sentiment is fine the proposed action and lack of vision show a chronic lack of intelligence..

When a viable option presents itself ill be protesting but i won't take reckless action which could jeopordise the future of the club..

Another point those who want to protest seem to forget, Even if VR sells to some " white Knight ". What's to say he would allow " his " bank to fund us? What if he sells and the bank wants their money back too. What bank( in the present financial crisis) would take us on?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cut the guy some slack FFS.

At least he's prepared to do something other than beat his gum on a fans website.

Where are the people we should expect to be leading us in these dire times. Not a cheap from the Shareholders Association, Fans Forum, Supporters Clubs and the various people we all know who have been wined and dined in Lithuania and over here by the ass hole owner of our great club.

who wants to see hearts playing morton or raith next season?

I thought we were protesting about VR and MacKay? Surely if the above (results) is what the protest is about then Csaba should be the target.

the op has declared it was him in his op, how hard is it to read this opening statement?

cmon guys, how long will it take to seriously unite and bring hearts back to th proud edinburgh club we used to be?

Even if it is true, it only shows that it is the same guy, not that he is a Hearts supporter.

I see that you haven't been here too long JHunter1874. :smiley2:

the op has declared it was him in his op, how hard is it to read this opening statement?

cmon guys, how long will it take to seriously unite and bring hearts back to th proud edinburgh club we used to be?

Honest question, how do you anticipate a few torches and pitchforks outside the mainstand will achieve that?

.....and Hearts are currently as close to top 6 as they are the bottom of the league. The team currently being in poor form, is not in my opinion, a valid reason for protest. The long term strategy and direction of the club is, however I don't see how you can influence that with a protest.

Charlie-Brown
I think it is safe to assume that most Hearts fans are critical of how Romanov has run the club and would like to see a new owner, myself included. However unless any protest has a clear objective and the means to carry out that objective then ultimately it will achieve nothing.

Furthermore, what exactly is it we are protesting about?

• The poor state of the clubs finances? - Where were the protests in 2005/6 when a sizeable chunk of the debt was run up?
  • Poor on-pitch performance? - Is there a minimum league placing the club must not drop below to avoid protest? Will a few wins be enough to assauge those intending to protest?
  • Romanov himself? - Have you a viable alternative?

By all means express dis-satisfaction if it helps you let off some steam. But without a clear objective and the means to back that up, any protest is ultimately doomed to failure.

There is an inherent contradiction in what people want Martin - people want VR to finance the club but keep his neb out of team affairs and run the clubs finances in a more sustainable and responsible manner - so he doesn't sign a striker but does provide 5 or 6 other players, asks the manager to rely on the academy players (like many of our rivals are having to do) but the manager wants new striker(s) and also to get other new players to plug gaps in the squad he's identified.... if vlad ignores the managers demands or fails to back him with better quality signings then he doesn't care about HMFC being successful etc etc.

People want a better team and the debt levels down but is it possible to achieve both at the same time? As more of the higher earners have gone out of contract or better players have been sold he is accused of stripping the team of quality and not replacing it.

So the general consensus is forget a protest as if we annoy the **** he will go and we are ******?

Just be quiet, keep paying your season ticket money and buy things such as merchandise.

Guest Bilel Mohsni
It has nothing to do with EC or the RRPI. except for the fact that the guy called in an announced his intentions on the 'show'. I just happened to be listening in the car when it happened.

If that is guilty by association, then you have the answer you wanted.

Does it not? Well good then, I would be more willing to back something (if it is ever declared what the hell I would be backing) as long as it has nothing and I mean NOTHING at all to do with that little weasel, he would put me off any action and I am not alone in feeling this way.

yes folks it was me on real radio last night , am trying to organise a protest at the celtic game as am sick of the board plus gary mackay who seems to know more than hes letting on as last summer gary went to kaunas for a meeting with the coward and was told of his visions for our club anyway am no ****ing hobo and love hearts like my son so am going to be outside the main stand after the game protesting at the whole of the board remmeber vlads niece is on the board and reports back to him, have also got a piece going in the een the friday before the game to drum up support as the more the merrier , i just want to get the message across that we are not a ****ing toy thats gonna get dumped cos the owners lost intrest , you may think that he,ll no here about it well for me its only the ****ing beginning as i have friends who work at the balmoral hotel that will let me know when hes in town and i,ll be outside the hotel lettong him no what i think of way of dealings is , anyway please help me and some others on the day as this is OUR CLUB thanks peter

Hope you enjoy protesting on your own.

learn to use full stops and then i'll consider protesting. untill then, all you are going to succeed in doing is giving folk a headache.

This.

Got to the second line then gave up.

At least he's prepared to do something other than beat his gum on a fans website.

Where are the people we should expect to be leading us in these dire times. Not a cheap from the Shareholders Association, Fans Forum, Supporters Clubs and the various people we all know who have been wined and dined in Lithuania and over here by the ass hole owner of our great club.

Great shout DD - I mentioned this a while back in another thread.

Obviously they believe things are hunky dory with our wee fitba' club:hang:

HelloSunshine

Where's SneakyPete gone - some decent questions raised on this thread, and if answers were given I would be clearer on whether or not I want to attend the protest....come back Pete:43:

a defeat by Hamilton a defeat by united followed by a crushing from Celtic could see a few people joining the boy pete.

I agree with what martin T says

There has to be better ways than standing behind the main stand and shouting about nothing in general.

By the original post he perhaps needs help.

Totally agree - the OP's punctuation and grammar are shocking. :43:

i don't think anyone seriously believes that we can oust romanov due to our current level of debt and the fact that we have no influence as shareholders on the boards decisions. the point of the protest is obvious to me, it is to let the custodians, the management team, the players and staff know that the fan are not happy. to let them know that we do not ask for much. all we ask for is value for money when attending football matches. we want to see our team win more times than we lose, we want to challenge for league and cup championships. we want to be in europe regularly. we want the owner to be sincere in his aims and objectives. investment in real talent. we as paying customers deserve a return on our commitment as supporters of hmfc. not a lot to ask for. we see it every week with the other 11 teams in the spl. so a statement of sorts should be handed in to the board at this protest. what else can we do? as has been said, we don't want romanov to take the huff and shut up shop, but we do want him to listen and give us back a club to be proud of once again....naw?

a defeat by Hamilton a defeat by united followed by a crushing from Celtic could see a few people joining the boy pete.

I agree with what martin T says

There has to be better ways than standing behind the main stand and shouting about nothing in general.

...and equally wins in those games would see Pete standing on his own, such is the fickle nature of football.

There is a lot to be critical of at HMFC, but the teams current poor form is as much to do with a combination of Csaba Laszlo's poor tactics and personal dis-illusionment, coupled with a lengthy injury list, as it is to do with anything Romanov has done recently. Is it always the owners fault at Hearts when the team goes through a poor run of form? Are our head coaches always pious martyrs?

let the custodians, the management team, the players and staff know that the fan are not happy.

A Freudian slip given that Pete will be protesting on his own. :rofl:

i don't think anyone seriously believes that we can oust romanov due to our current level of debt and the fact that we have no influence as shareholders on the boards decisions. the point of the protest is obvious to me, it is to let the custodians, the management team, the players and staff know that the fan are not happy. to let them know that we do not ask for much. all we ask for is value for money when attending football matches. we want to see our team win more times than we lose, we want to challenge for league and cup championships. we want to be in europe regularly. we want the owner to be sincere in his aims and objectives. investment in real talent. we as paying customers deserve a return on our commitment as supporters of hmfc. not a lot to ask for. we see it every week with the other 11 teams in the spl. so a statement of sorts should be handed in to the board at this protest. what else can we do? as has been said, we don't want romanov to take the huff and shut up shop, but we do want him to listen and give us back a club to be proud of once again....naw?

I get the bad feeling that is where it is going to end anyway with or without protest.

In the meantime most will put up with the status quo

I am fortunate to have friendships with supporters of several other clubs in the SPL, ranging from Celtic to Falkirk. I can assure you that there are very few fans who are happy with the current standard of their team, the value for money and many who are currently feeling a sense of dis-connect with their club. To suggest Hearts are unique in this aspect is ludicrous.

Even if it is true, it only shows that it is the same guy, not that he is a Hearts supporter.

I see that you haven't been here too long JHunter1874. :smiley2:

been a hearts supporter for over 40 years does that qualify me or do i have to have my membership approved by the jkb mafia?

p.s if that involves goats or animals rule me out please.

:10900:

I am disappointed that people are having a go at the OP for his grammar. All too common I'm afraid, and puts people off posting here. I won't be supporting the action, however, because I prefer to spend my energy on things which have a positive point.

I don't know any Hearts fans who are happy with the present circumstances. What is needed is a plan that people can get behind. It's hard to see what that can be, unless someone can come up with a way of buying Vlad out.

Standing behind the stand shouting "Vlad out" (or probably something more actionable!) makes no sense to me. Vlad must know he's not popular so all that that might achieve is to hack him off. Only possible outcome to that is he takes the hit & liquidates.

Protesting against boards is ok if it is a board that the shareholders can change, it isn't so only possible outcome is...

Hit Vlad in the pocket, he'll add that to the debt, make it even harder for someone to buy him out so only possible outcome is...

Quite frankly any action that will dent Vlad or his ego... only outcome is...

I suspect this idea will degenerate into one of those "this is s...e" scenarios where everyone just gets wound up. Bad press, more police needing paid (adding to debt) and nothing gained.

Depressing, I know, but unless we can come up with a practical, postive way forward we're stuck with him & the current mess.

ToadKiller Dog

I have never stopped being proud of the club , Our History ,our work in the community such as with erskine and in schools , When youth players such as Wallace, Johnson ,Driver and now Craig Thompson come through the ranks to become professionals .

There is still a dam lot of good from our club as well as the bad and our current ownership has handled thing wrongly a good few times .

We are not a 1st division side and i dont expect we will be,most important to the club is to get a handle on the debt at the moment thats in the hands of one man .

As much as i have lost faith in Csaba ,we will have enough to stay up .

Nobody so far has yet said they will work and help Team peter ,its you lot that want Vlad out that need to convince the rest of us that a protest is a step worth taking .

So once gain here is your chance with team peter

Gepetto, Pinocchio awaits your assistance - go pull his strings.

125 posts later and the OP hasn't reappeared. Maybe too busy with the brain surgery?

Colonel Kurtz
I never claimed that JKB was the voice of the majority of Hearts fans... What I did suggest is that it is a hell of a better bet to gauge the feelings of the Hearts fans though than...

THE REAL OLD FIRM PHONE IN!... Fronted by a total tube who claims that he used to be a Hearts fan but after working in the UAE for a few years... is now...

"A SUPPORTER OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL" No Hearts fans call the show and very listen to it, i reckon that the most recognised Hearts fans' forum is certainly better as a yard-stick than a wee judas nyaff, his fat Hobo mate and a host of brain-dead, knuckle-dragging glory-hunters and riot appologists... No?

Whay would someone try and rally support of our "300,000" worldwide fans as you put it, through a radio station that has almost no jambo listeners, when there is website accessible to all world-wide where support would be easier to rally through the ranks of people who apparently agree with the OP?

Why would any Hearts supporters support this if Ewen Cameron has anything to do with it? he is hated and rightly so.

Surely none of our ex players would accept money from Real radio

Francis Albert

Yes, beat his gums on Real Radio and a fans website. I wonder, has Peter been in touch with the bodies you mention to sound them out on his thoughts?

It doesn't matter if the OP doesn't have an alternative to Romanov, we never had an alternative when protesting about CPR.

The protest from what I gathered was about the way Vlad has treated our club like a plaything and is ripping the heart out the club and the **** out of the support.

I would love anyone to explain how this is not true?

Well done to Peter, ripping him for his grammar on an internet forum is childish as hell, perhaps he doesn't use the computer much no?

I can't wait to see how this one pans out.

It will probably pan out with "proper" Hearts fans ripping the **** out of supporters who are deeply concerned about the running of the club.

It doesn't matter if the OP doesn't have an alternative to Romanov, we never had an alternative when protesting about CPR.

The protest from what I gathered was about the way Vlad has treated our club like a plaything and is ripping the heart out the club and the **** out of the support.

Well done to Peter, ripping him for his grammar on an internet forum is childish as hell, perhaps he doesn't use the computer much no?

...and perhaps he's just a Hobo at the WU? I guess we'll never know until he's prepared to come back and debate any points he wants to make.

Francis Albert

But as it turned out we did, and it all turned out for the best, didn't it?

Charlie-Brown

It won't pan out anyway BB because there are no easy answers or solutions other than a few people letting off some steam ..... nobody wants to buy Vlad out even if he was for selling - liquidating HMFC isn't likely either because in a depressed property market the stadium land won't recover enough value until the economy is in full swing - the only way UKIO or UBIG stand any chance to recover a decent chunk of their (debt) money is to keep the football club in operation as a going concern and run the club in a much more sustainable manner meaning living within our means and trading profitably .....

That doesn't always satisfy a managers demands for more money to spend on new players or in some peoples eyes means not showing 'ambition' ... but it should be enough to keep HMFC continuing for the foreseeable ...... what people really want to see is players giving their best in a maroon shirt and some better football than we've been seeing for the last few seasons - those are things that the manager can change they don't need the club owners to do anything about those things.

I do seem to remember a plan by Peter McGrail.

I am fortunate to have friendships with supporters of several other clubs in the SPL, ranging from Celtic to Falkirk. I can assure you that there are very few fans who are happy with the current standard of their team, the value for money and many who are currently feeling a sense of dis-connect with their club. To suggest Hearts are unique in this aspect is ludicrous.

the other teams are scoring goals, have brought in raw talent. i also didn't suggest that hearts are unique, but we are unique in the fact that our club has been dragged downwards by it's custodian who seems to have plenty of cash to splash on a basketball team and nothing for our club. we are being used to fund his other toys are we not?

so martin, are you happy with our situation? if not please feel free to suggest other ways to make our feelings clear. rather than wait for the 11th hour to arrive does it not make sense to open up constructive dialog with our custodian? maybe the players have listened, maybe csaba has and that result on saturday was evidence, but they can't do it on their own. every club needs support from the top and we are not being given a scrap of help from vr. he's more interested in collecting the interest from our debt to keep his bank looking credible.

supporters abroad don't stop going to the games or buying merchandise, the carry on en masse and force the issue, now that's the way to do it...with passion a regard for future survival of your club.

what's your solution martin, i'd be interested to hear your plans for the future of our club?

what's your solution martin, i'd be interested to hear your plans for the future of our club?

Think you're confusing Martin with Vladimir Romanov?:smiley2:

Colonel Kurtz

ha ha

remind me was that written on the back of an Embassy regal or a Superkings packet

Gepetto, Pinocchio awaits your assistance - go pull his strings.

125 posts later and the OP hasn't reappeared. Maybe too busy with the brain surgery?

Just maybe he doesn't have access to a PC, either at work, or on his way home. Give him a chance to explain himself.

Or maybe after reading the feedback on his OP then he won't bother.....

:curtain:

kingantti1874

Hearts are not being used to fund anything..our outgoings are greater than our income even if you removed the interest payments to ukio...the club needs massive subsidies even to maintain our current playing squad..my main gripe is that we should be getting better value for money, but don't kid yourself about hearts being a profit making organisation - we certainly are not...

Saying that I certainly think we should follow the hibs model and go with the youth - yes that's right we should be cost cutting radicaly and try to produce and sell young players to get us out of this mess

ha ha

remind me was that written on the back of an Embassy regal or a Superkings packet

Hardly - you're getting confused with CPR's Business Plan for Murrayfield. You remember, your "land of dreams"?

...and perhaps he's just a Hobo at the WU? I guess we'll never know until he's prepared to come back and debate any points he wants to make.

I wouldn't think so. All the grammar and location is hobo-esq but maybe he hasn't got regular computer access? It doesn't seem that way anyways.

Colonel Kurtz
Hardly - you're getting confused with CPR's Business Plan for Murrayfield. You remember, your "land of dreams"?

And how much financial backing did you attract..even pat Munro laughed at it

btw "field of dreams" surely try and raise your game

I wouldn't think so. All the grammar and location is hobo-esq but maybe he hasn't got regular computer access? It doesn't seem that way anyways.

A couple of people ready to back up the "doesn't have regular computer access" theory but happy to dismiss the possibility that the OP is a Hobo?

Do you personally know the OP?

So some guy had a plan and so people decided to protest?

Pat the plumber had a "plan" too, but we get all the "whats the alernative" pash as the club goes breasts skywards.

Ill ask again, does anyone not think it's right to protest about the way Romanov is ripping the Heart out the club and the pish out the support? Or does everyone think we should protest but are too **** scared incase he takes his ball and runs away?

And how much financial backing did you attract..even pat Munro laughed at it

btw "field of dreams" surely try and raise your game

Why would I attract financial backing?

You're right about one thing though "laughing" and Pat "Marilyn" Munro were often discussed in the same sentence.

A couple of people ready to back up the "doesn't have regular computer access" theory but happy to dismiss the possibility that the OP is a Hobo?

Do you personally know the OP?

I don't. Do you?

instead of scorning fans concerns, try saying something constructive, after all you could always write a chapter in your next book on how you helped save our club from oblivion when the majority of real fans and fans orginisations buried their heads in the sand.

all we need is a statement regarding our concerns and a petition supporting this. hand it into the board with media coverage and wait for a response.

constructive, non violent, no abusing or stalking directors and their children at public parks etc. but if hearts fans want to sit here season after season mumping their cyber gums, then so be it. god help hmfc.

So some guy had a plan and so people decided to protest?

Pat the plumber had a "plan" too, but we get all the "whats the alernative" pash as the club goes breasts skywards.

Ill ask again, does anyone not think it's right to protest about the way Romanov is ripping the Heart out the club and the pish out the support? Or does everyone think we should protest but are too **** scared incase he takes his ball and runs away?

That's right - his name was Pieman and he had a plan to kill this club. CK will fill you in on the rest of the details - probably gloss over the bit where he was prepared to help Pieman do it though.

yes folks it was me on real radio last night , am trying to organise a protest at the celtic game as am sick of the board plus gary mackay who seems to know more than hes letting on as last summer gary went to kaunas for a meeting with the coward and was told of his visions for our club anyway am no ****ing hobo and love hearts like my son so am going to be outside the main stand after the game protesting at the whole of the board remmeber vlads niece is on the board and reports back to him, have also got a piece going in the een the friday before the game to drum up support as the more the merrier , i just want to get the message across that we are not a ****ing toy thats gonna get dumped cos the owners lost intrest , you may think that he,ll no here about it well for me its only the ****ing beginning as i have friends who work at the balmoral hotel that will let me know when hes in town and i,ll be outside the hotel lettong him no what i think of way of dealings is , anyway please help me and some others on the day as this is OUR CLUB thanks peter

TBH Peter Doesn't come across as the most....eh....organised guy and seems now to have done a runner???

But lets be fair here. It's a football website first and foremost and not an A level English exam. Give the boy a chance.

Peter do you have any sort of agenda drawn up that you wanted to put across to the board?

Presumably you do.

Could you list what it is you are protesting about and you might find that you will get a bit more of a reasoned debate/support on here rather than just posters rippin the p!sh over punctuation.

the other teams are scoring goals, have brought in raw talent. i also didn't suggest that hearts are unique, but we are unique in the fact that our club has been dragged downwards by it's custodian who seems to have plenty of cash to splash on a basketball team and nothing for our club. we are being used to fund his other toys are we not?

so martin, are you happy with our situation? if not please feel free to suggest other ways to make our feelings clear. rather than wait for the 11th hour to arrive does it not make sense to open up constructive dialog with our custodian? maybe the players have listened, maybe csaba has and that result on saturday was evidence, but they can't do it on their own. every club needs support from the top and we are not being given a scrap of help from vr. he's more interested in collecting the interest from our debt to keep his bank looking credible.

supporters abroad don't stop going to the games or buying merchandise, the carry on en masse and force the issue, now that's the way to do it...with passion a regard for future survival of your club.

So essentially you want Romanov to spend more money on Hearts, but at the same time reduce the debt?

I've already said earlier, by all means protest if it makes you feel better. Ultimately it wont achieve anything though, unless you have a viable alternative. I would like to see a new owner as much as anyone, however at the current time there is no one out there, in fact there is no market for any Scottish club currently. If the team's form picks up, threads like these simply wont exist.

I don't. Do you?

No and not one other person has come forward to say they do - considering he's got 60 mates lined up top protest, I find that strange.

So I'll keep all of my options open for now. :stuart:

Archived