please join in the protest

sneakypete

HelloSunshine

The way our club is run is a shambles, and we should find a constructive way to voice our disapproval. To be fair to the OP, he is simply trying to do this, and credit to you for this Pete.:smiley2:

The problem though, is that even if a thousand turn up to the protest, Mr Romanov is very unlikely to respond - if he even gets to hear about it. Makes you wonder if there is any point in doing this at the Celtic game, and better to wait until Vlad is in attendance (if he ever comes again).

Also, if I was in your position as organiser, I'd be concerned about people turning up without knowing what to shout / how to get the point across - therefore some clarity on the precise message that you want Vlad to hear, and how to deliver this would be appreciated. A few (not all) of the Pieman Out protests outside the main stand were a bit like this, lots of testosterone going about, the odd Pieman Out shout, but nothing really making any impression (other than a few folk wanting a scrap with the police).:th_o::th_o:

IMO, the only way to make Vlad sit up and take notice is to do something which impacts on the financial side of the club as this is clearly the only aspect of Hearts that interests him. There is a catch 22 for us though - we don't want to make our financial position worse than it already is, but many don't want to continue with the current regime.

I don't want to suggest not going to a match, as the team deserve our support regardless of the boards actions.

Best I can come up with is that we should hold off making a decision on whether to buy season tickets until the week before the kick off - suggesting that we want to see who we will be watching before paying (despite the fact that the majority, including myself, will pay to watch anyone running around in maroon). If he still shows no interest in the playing side, we should consider just paying on the day.

Other suggestions welcome...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni
I agree.

But the debt will continue to rise.

The Muppet's on here will make excuses.

The results will continue to suffer.

Before long though the Vladsheep will be at the back of the stand along with Peter eating their humble pie and wanting the Romanov Muppet removed from our club.

Its inevitable.

Peter has only said what the vast majority of Hearts fans REALLY feel IMO.

Going to the protest then yourself are you?

Whilst I am in favour of anybody doing anything to improve things and would not criticise an emotional attempt by any supporter....can anyone confirm that he WAS on Real Radio as stated..or is it a wind up again?

just one more thing, keep the protest non-violent and constructive. think about what you have to say as the media will have got wind of this and they may want to interview some of the protesters. have a clear headed spokesperson with a prepared statement and use all the right keywords like history, passion, hearts fans genuine concerns regarding the long term survival of our historic club, relegation worries, romanovs apparent lack of interest etc.

good luck peter and you should know that jkb is not the majority opinion, don't let that thought sway you from your objectives.

:notworthy:

Naw you appear to have all the answers - anyway if you can't see what's been going on at the club under this clowns tenure your heid is surely stuck in a position, where the sun certainly doesn't shine

So that will be a no then? :10900:

just one more thing, keep the protest non-violent and constructive. think about what you have to say as the media will have got wind of this and they may want to interview some of the protesters. have a clear headed spokesperson with a prepared statement and use all the right keywords like history, passion, hearts fans genuine concerns regarding the long term survival of our historic club, relegation worries, romanovs apparent lack of interest etc.

good luck peter and you should know that jkb is not the majority opinion, don't let that thought sway you from your objectives.

Internet job application if ever I've seen one. Why don't you just offer your services to "sneakypete" and be done with it?

Guest Bilel Mohsni
Whilst I am in favour of anybody doing anything to improve things and would not criticise an emotional attempt by any supporter....can anyone confirm that he WAS on Real Radio as stated..or is it a wind up again?

This could very easily be someone completely different... Thing is for me though...

How many Jambos do you know that would go through that channel to start a protest? Their Jambo listenership is miniscule thanks to the behaviour of Ewen "Supporter of Scottish Football" Cameron and his constant digs and staged wee sections where the end result is a big old hearty laugh at Hearts.

Is that anything remotely like what he has put in his opening post?

No one minds him protesting or organising a protest, but first, before ranting he should imo do some of the things listed above.

And if VR says, okay i'm gone, how are we going to pay wages/bills etc after the Celtic game?

What are your plans for getting VR out and for after that, or do you just like to rant, as that i am afraid is what your post above comes across as.

When there was a protest against Robinson, how were we going to satisfy the banks repayment requirements then? Too many people completely ignore that at the start of the Robinson protests there was no other buyer for the club. That point alone exposes the flawed logic in play...

Fair play to the OP - whether you agree or not he's putting his feelings where his mouth is

Better than just moaning about Csaba on here all the time :smiley2:

ToadKiller Dog

I wont have a go at sneakypete's grammar as i am no Shakespeare myself ,But he needs a better explanation of the aims ,I say well done to him for having a go ,even if i think its a waste of time

maybe those having a go at those questioning the reasons behind Pete's plan might actually give him a hand .

Send him a pm saying you want to join hand out leaflets at the next two games or are you just taking the high ground here all mouth but no trousers .

There is a good few saying something needs done well here is your chance make Team Peter grow Convince me and others to join ,its clear Pete would like help and needs help with his cause .

Or are you just as big a keyboard warrior as those you decry .

The ball is in those that want to protests court not the others.

HEARTS FOREVER
McKay is a legend and ONLY has Hearts' interests at heart... So he went along to a meeting to try and make up his mind about what is happening... What is so bad about that? At least he shoots from the hip and will admit if he changes his oppinion on something... I feel pretty safe in taking his point of view on board as a die-hard Jambo and a man who I know hwere his loyalties lie.

Do i know the same to be true of you and 'Pete'? Do I hell, remember that before slagging of a club legend eh?

Firstly,Whether Gary Mackay is a Hearts legend is debatable to be honest.

I have no doubt he is an ardent Hearts man, just like myself though.

My Problem with Mackay is that you say he shoots from the hip?

Well he aint had any bullets for over a year now when it comes to his REAL thoughts on Romanov.

He's been quick to praise VR in the past, why aint he so quick to give his opinion now??

I wonder??:hat2:

Better call Saul
Good Luck mate - ignore the usual suspects on here, especially all the qualified accountants:stuart:

Your at least trying to get a message across to our absent ***** of a landlord.

Exactly ! , Pathetic that posters have to

pick up on not using full stop's etc etc

At least this boy want' s to voice his opinion in a different way not like the rest of us who just want to sit on our fat arses and do hee haw .

Good luck to the boy !!!

If his voice is not heard well at least he did something which is more than others inc myself .

Guest Bilel Mohsni

JKB is not the majority opinion... Perhaps... REAL RADIO OLD-FIRM PHONE IN????

It is despised by every Hearts fan I know... I know a few and only a few are on this forum.

And I protest at your insertion of spaces before your exclamation marks - this is the U.K., not France! :stuart:

Touche .... oh bugger!

GC

How many of those who are applauding Peter's stance and "get up and go" will actually be joining him in his protest? I assume all of those who have commented that those who have replied in the negative to Peter's idea have their "heads in the sand" and "know all the answers" will be joining in behind the stand?

Genuine question.

If you really think that Peter is right then get something properly organised with him.

Aye HF, but one of you holds the appearance record for HMFC and was inducted into the HoF at the first attempt. Debatable?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Well he aint had any bullets for over a year now when it comes to his REAL thoughts on Romanov.

He's been quick to praise VR in the past, why aint he so quick to give his opinion now??

This is utter nonsense! Seriously, he has a weekly column in the EEN, used to appear on Talk 107 before it went bust, is on Hearts World/TV etc and represented Scotland while playing more games for this club than anyone else ever has. He got pro-active in the SOH days and has been carefull not to just throw his weight behind every little scuffle regarding Vlad... This makes more sense to me than protesting and not even knowing what your demands are????

No I will stick with Hearts Legend, McKay thanks... I mean for all I know, you could be a Hobo or worse... Ewen Cameron or something!!

So that will be a no then? :10900:

Gambo I 'm too busy working at the moment:stuart:

I'll get back to you later, but then I might naw cos the "Gambo mob" are a set o woosies!!!!!!!

Don't take it personally though:smiley2:

I need oxygen after reading that.

While I'm open to regime change, there are some serious questions that need to be asked (given we've been here many times before).

What plan do you have in place to bankroll the club once Romanov departs? How will you fulfil wage obligations to players and admin staff? How will the debt continue to be serviced and reduced?

Finally, what on earth has Gary MacKay got to do with this. If he fell for Romanov's patter, he joins a cast of thousands. Do you wish to protest against them as well?

what plans were in place at the protests against parker, waldo or the pieman ?

there is a tactic used regarding "better having the enemy within than without". get someone working for you and their loyalties are easily divided between their heart and their head. ie. romanov is now his paymaster re HW and the various corporate events he is now involved.

i may be wrong of course.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This is an internet football messageboard - posts like the OP should expect to get ripped. That's the nature of these places - anyone who is offended by that would do well do stay away, tbh.

FWIW, I would love a protest against Vlad to take place. I still find it amazing there hasn't been one. I've never bought into the "we need an alternative" before we'll speak out point of view. Most football protests take place with no idea of what the future holds. Tbh, I've never understood (and I thought this when I lived there and went to the games) why we can't support the team and protest against Vlad - still buy the STs, go to games, buy the merchandise etc. but sing songs, hold banners etc. telling Vlad we think he's a tool and want him to sell. We could do all of that and still support the team, no?

I hate to repeat myself (too many times anyway) but can anyone vouch for the OP being one of us? If this all snowballs and a posse of Hearts fans turn up for the demo only to find that it was a well-planned Hobo set-up, then they, and by extension we, are going to look pretty foolish. :stuart:

Guest Bilel Mohsni
bit of a contradiction don't you think

Possibly... Personally I find some simple people nice and fun to be around though... Some are not bad people, just a bit well... you know... uncomplicated.

Ok So Pete wants to protest. What will the crowd shout out? The board out? VR out? Fine, so the board and VR up sticks. WHAT then? There ( probably) isn't a Hearts fan out there, that doesn't want VR out, but many of us are realists, in as much as we know he's the only show in town. As I stated earlier even if you find someone willing to put up millions of pounds, what's to say VR would sell?

Holding a demo is all well and good, but you must concider ALL the options.

When the SOH held protests agains CR, it was to stop him selling Tynie and moving to Muddyfeild. Most were surprised when a buyer came along! However, no matter how bad VR is, or gets, a protest WON'T change things. HE owns the club and no amount of shouting behind the stand will MAKE him do something he doesn't want to do. Remember when CR was in charge, he had a house here in town. VR is on the other side of the planet!

Guest Bilel Mohsni
I hate to repeat myself (too many times anyway) but can anyone vouch for the OP being one of us? If this all snowballs and a posse of Hearts fans turn up for the demo only to find that it was a well-planned Hobo set-up, then they, and by extension we, are going to look pretty foolish. :stuart:

Most pertinent post on the thread!

HEARTS FOREVER
This is utter nonsense! Seriously, he has a weekly column in the EEN, used to appear on Talk 107 before it went bust, is on Hearts World/TV etc and represented Scotland while playing more games for this club than anyone else ever has. He got pro-active in the SOH days and has been carefull not to just throw his weight behind every little scuffle regarding Vlad... This makes more sense to me than protesting and not even knowing what your demands are????

No I will stick with Hearts Legend, McKay thanks... I mean for all I know, you could be a Hobo or worse... Ewen Cameron or something!!

Or maybe you could be a HOBO???

Are we talking about the same guy????

You are talking utter drivel mate.

'one of us' - What? Hearts Fan? or JKB warrior?

I heard him on the RR phone in last night and he came across as a genuine Hearts fan. What else do you need.......see his Tats?

:57:

Fair play to the OP - whether you agree or not he's putting his feelings where his mouth is

Better than just moaning about Csaba on here all the time :smiley2:

Tell me JT ,would you rather back a protest led by the OP, protest based on his opening post rant, or a protest constructed the way JHunter talks about above?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I heard him on the RR phone in last night and he came across as a genuine Hearts fan. What else do you need.......see his Tats?

It would be nice to know if it is the same person that started the OP though... Oh and if that is enough evidence that this is not a Hobo scam then... phew, my mind is at rest!!

JKB is not the majority opinion... Perhaps... REAL RADIO OLD-FIRM PHONE IN????

It is despised by every Hearts fan I know... I know a few and only a few are on this forum.

there are apparently over 300,000 hearts fans worldwide. how many are members of jkb? how many actually post on jkb? obviously there are a lot of people listen to radio shows and read all them bad newspaper tabloids for the stories to appear on forums. the een has been sin died but everyone seems to read gm's column?

i think we should all kinda grow up and unite in the main agenda and that is to secure the long term success and survival of our historic hmfc. isn't this what we all want? or will we just plod on moaning and groaning as the ship slowly sinks to the bottom of the spl the into the murky waters of the 1st division?

Generic Username

Wasn't the last protest at Tynecastle carried out by a man with the mental capacity of a fried spud, carrying a bin bag full of hats (which he'd possibly sexually assaulted before putting them in said bag)?

I've got a right pinger on the go at the prospect of this protest and the spongo-esq interview with the media that'll happen;

"So what are you gentlemen here to protest against today?"

"Kenn, Vlad eh, he's a total dinger like. Pure mad fud and all that. Sits in a bunker. He's no right like, ma mate Barry said he's seen pics of him humpin' a submarine. That's no whit this clubs aw aboot."

etc etc etc.

ToadKiller Dog
How many of those who are applauding Peter's stance and "get up and go" will actually be joining him in his protest? I assume all of those who have commented that those who have replied in the negative to Peter's idea have their "heads in the sand" and "know all the answers" will be joining in behind the stand?

Genuine question.

If you really think that Peter is right then get something properly organised with him.

Nobody yet has came out to say they will help Team peter !.

Come on those backing him explain why you are not helping him !

It would be nice to know if it is the same person that started the OP though... Oh and if that is enough evidence that this is not a Hobo scam then... phew, my mind is at rest!!

Just beat me to it - exactly my feelings on this as well.

Sterling Archer

oh and please don't kick any hats.

More to the point, why the decision to protest after we win a game? We've been rubbish for months (i'm not suggesting we were good at the weekend) but we win and now there's a protest?

Just doesn't make sense.

I do believe that the OP could be the same guy. I'm pretty sure he's not a hobo, he's been here since early 2007. That said, he could be a randomer named Peter who's had a stroke of luck and thought he'd have a wind up.

No thanks HP, but thanks anyway for the gracious offer. :smiley2: Even if he appeared on the RR phone-in, it doesn't mean that Pete's a Hearts fan, whether he sounded genuine or not. I think it might be useful to determine whether or not he is one before decisions can be made on supporting the demo. So, I ask again, does anyone here actually know him?

there are apparently over 300,000 hearts fans worldwide. how many are members of jkb? how many actually post on jkb? obviously there are a lot of people listen to radio shows and read all them bad newspaper tabloids for the stories to appear on forums. the een has been sin died but everyone seems to read gm's column?

i think we should all kinda grow up and unite in the main agenda and that is to secure the long term success and survival of our historic hmfc. isn't this what we all want? or will we just plod on moaning and groaning as the ship slowly sinks to the bottom of the spl the into the murky waters of the 1st division?

Great post. Too many on here love to make fun of people who want to do something for Hearts. Ok they might not know what to do but at least they are trying. Hearts are heading for oblivion under Vlad and many on JKB seem happy with that or are at least happy to slag off someone who wants change which I'll never understand.

I think it is safe to assume that most Hearts fans are critical of how Romanov has run the club and would like to see a new owner, myself included. However unless any protest has a clear objective and the means to carry out that objective then ultimately it will achieve nothing.

Furthermore, what exactly is it we are protesting about?

• The poor state of the clubs finances? - Where were the protests in 2005/6 when a sizeable chunk of the debt was run up?
  • Poor on-pitch performance? - Is there a minimum league placing the club must not drop below to avoid protest? Will a few wins be enough to assauge those intending to protest?
  • Romanov himself? - Have you a viable alternative?

By all means express dis-satisfaction if it helps you let off some steam. But without a clear objective and the means to back that up, any protest is ultimately doomed to failure.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I never claimed that JKB was the voice of the majority of Hearts fans... What I did suggest is that it is a hell of a better bet to gauge the feelings of the Hearts fans though than...

THE REAL OLD FIRM PHONE IN!... Fronted by a total tube who claims that he used to be a Hearts fan but after working in the UAE for a few years... is now...

"A SUPPORTER OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL" No Hearts fans call the show and very listen to it, i reckon that the most recognised Hearts fans' forum is certainly better as a yard-stick than a wee judas nyaff, his fat Hobo mate and a host of brain-dead, knuckle-dragging glory-hunters and riot appologists... No?

Whay would someone try and rally support of our "300,000" worldwide fans as you put it, through a radio station that has almost no jambo listeners, when there is website accessible to all world-wide where support would be easier to rally through the ranks of people who apparently agree with the OP?

Why would any Hearts supporters support this if Ewen Cameron has anything to do with it? he is hated and rightly so.

kingantti1874

Seriously-what are we protesting about, yes vlad is a ****** of the highest order - we all know that but what happens if we succeed? He pulls the plug and we die..great, thanks sneakypete!! THERE IS NO-ONE OUT THERE WHO WILL SAVE US!!!

Whilst the sentiment is fine the proposed action and lack of vision show a chronic lack of intelligence..

When a viable option presents itself ill be protesting but i won't take reckless action which could jeopordise the future of the club..

ToadKiller Dog

Here is your chance ,comitt yourself to Team Peters Protest volunteer to help him advertise the protest there is two games before celtic ,its not expensive to print up a few hundered leaflets ,its not to much bother to hand them out around the pubs at the united game or outside the stadium.

What are you lot wanting to protest waiting for comitt to team peter .then get to work and convince the rest of the support !

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I would like to make it clear at this pointif this protest has anything at all to do with Ewen Cameron or the real Old Firm apology Phone in, then I will never support it in any way.

Cameron is the embodiment of all that is wrong with Scottish football and indeed hearts... His former club.

yes folks it was me on real radio last night , am trying to organise a protest at the celtic game as am sick of the board plus gary mackay who seems to know more than hes letting on as last summer gary went to kaunas for a meeting with the coward and was told of his visions for our club anyway am no ****ing hobo and love hearts like my son so am going to be outside the main stand after the game protesting at the whole of the board remmeber vlads niece is on the board and reports back to him, have also got a piece going in the een the friday before the game to drum up support as the more the merrier , i just want to get the message across that we are not a ****ing toy thats gonna get dumped cos the owners lost intrest , you may think that he,ll no here about it well for me its only the ****ing beginning as i have friends who work at the balmoral hotel that will let me know when hes in town and i,ll be outside the hotel lettong him no what i think of way of dealings is , anyway please help me and some others on the day as this is OUR CLUB thanks peter

the op has declared it was him in his op, how hard is it to read this opening statement?

cmon guys, how long will it take to seriously unite and bring hearts back to th proud edinburgh club we used to be?

who wants to see hearts playing morton or raith next season?

Is that anything remotely like what he has put in his opening post?

No one minds him protesting or organising a protest, but first, before ranting he should imo do some of the things listed above.

I would like to make it clear at this pointif this protest has anything at all to do with Ewen Cameron or the real Old Firm apology Phone in, then I will never support it in any way.

Cameron is the embodiment of all that is wrong with Scottish football and indeed hearts... His former club.

pontif is the pope going ?:10900:

More to the point, why the decision to protest after we win a game? We've been rubbish for months (i'm not suggesting we were good at the weekend) but we win and now there's a protest?

Just doesn't make sense.

Correct, if it is due to the downturn in results that Sneakypete has decided to protest then surely it should be against Csaba, but until we find out what the protest is about and its objectives are, we will never know.

Guest Bilel Mohsni
the op has declared it was him in his op, how hard is it to read this opening statement?

cmon guys, how long will it take to seriously unite and bring hearts back to th proud edinburgh club we used to be?

who wants to see hearts playing morton or raith next season?

If we are playing them on the way to lifting the Scottish Cup for the third time in twelve years then yes, I would like to see us playing them.

It has nothing to do with EC or the RRPI. except for the fact that the guy called in an announced his intentions on the 'show'. I just happened to be listening in the car when it happened.

If that is guilty by association, then you have the answer you wanted.

Archived