Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Victorian

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King

Brilliant win for Matt, so happy for him  and Billy.Europe need a new crop of players and hopefully he can lead the way. 

Classy from Rory to hang about and congratulate him. 

ri Alban

:clap: Well done young man.

That second shot at 18 from the sand. :vrwow: Big Sandy would be so proud. 

And unlucky the future Great Zalatoris. What player that lad is.

ri Alban

Finally received my official handicap. 21.2 That'll do, considering I went over 10 years without playing. :jambobanana: That should put me in contention for a wee while.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brilliant win for Matt, so happy for him  and Billy.Europe need a new crop of players and hopefully he can lead the way. 

Classy from Rory to hang about and congratulate him. 

:thumb:

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Finally received my official handicap. 21.2 That'll do, considering I went over 10 years without playing. :jambobanana: That should put me in the bandit category for a wee while.

FTFY. 👍 

ri Alban
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

FTFY. 👍 

:rofl:

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:clap: Well done young man.

That second shot at 18 from the sand. :vrwow: Big Sandy would be so proud. 

And unlucky the future Great Zalatoris. What player that lad is.

Glad I stayed up to watch the end, some shot from the bunker. I had written Fitzpatrick off before he teed off for his final round - expected him to falter a bit under the pressure but he didn't. Lot of praise for his caddie too.

Professional golf is so open and competitive right now, great time to be alive watching it.

ri Alban
1 hour ago, Bigsmak said:

Brilliant

That 2nd shot and the way he putted out, putting pressure on the kid. Absolutely brilliant golf.

Armageddon

Putting it out was a sensational move, if he didn't he placed all the pressure in the world on his own shoulders, but he just treated it like any other hole and putt.

I get Billy Foster has been around for years, but you could be fooled into thinking it's his name going on the trophy! 

ri Alban
On 20/06/2022 at 07:29, Samuel Camazzola said:

FTFY. 👍 

WHS have given me a handicap of 24 off the Medal, 23 off the yellow for my course. :yas:

hmfc_liam06
On 17/06/2022 at 04:34, hmfc_liam06 said:

Koepka, Morikawa and Schauffle rumoured to be the next players to head to the LIV Tour.

Koepka now removes all mention of the PGA Tour from his social media accounts.

hmfc_liam06

Gaining traction all over Twitter, looks like it’s happening.

Irufushi

Would be surprised is morikowa went, also did xander schauffele not come out and say he wasn’t joining the other day? 

7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Sure he was having digs at BDC for switching... what a tube

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

WHS have given me a handicap of 24 off the Medal, 23 off the yellow for my course. :yas:

:alucard: Pancho, you know you're better than that. Congratulations on your win...in the next medal...

ri Alban
1 minute ago, OBE said:

:alucard: Pancho, you know you're better than that. Congratulations on your win...in the next medal...

:bandana:I've a long way to go, but I know I can win something in the next 2 years. Main aim, cut the handicap to around 10, asap.

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

:bandana:I've a long way to go, but I know I can win something in the next 2 years. Main aim, cut the handicap to around 10, asap.

Good luck with your progress, I'm sure we'll read about it...:D

ri Alban
26 minutes ago, OBE said:

Good luck with your progress, I'm sure we'll read about it...:D

You bet, you will. :D

Dubai Ports World Tour, LIV Tour, PGA Tour...who cares what banner they play under?

ri Alban

And on the first day, God said "Let there be golf" 

QVwk.gif.0cc3545feca32fb4891b8f94c8f0dcdb.gif

hmfc_liam06
On 21/06/2022 at 14:17, hmfc_liam06 said:

And now confirmed.

ri Alban

Maybe the Saudis will get Brooks and Bryson on the Anthony Joshua undercard.

ri Alban

Rory needs to shut up, or he's gonnae look like a fool when they merge or he joins the 54. That or someone might put one right on his chin.

John Findlay
17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Rory needs to shut up, or he's gonnae look like a fool when they merge or he joins the 54. That or someone might put one right on his chin.

Maybe you should take you own advice now and then.

ri Alban
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Maybe you should take you own advice now and then.

I do, often. The second part you're welcome to give it a go. 

Samuel Camazzola
On 23/06/2022 at 16:52, ri Alban said:

I respect how he gives an honest point of view and not afraid to not sit on the fence. However, it seems the media hunt him out for an opinion on everything - similar to Gary Player - and it can become a bit tiresome. 

Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter, Sergio Garcia, Martin Kaymer and Graeme McDowell, all banned from the Scottish Open, see ya's...:wave1: Better, younger and more exciting players on display at this Rolex event...

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, kila said:

Ouch :laugh: One I can relate to.

Other than the OB shot, I relate all to often.

The shit around the green is me entirely.

😢

ri Alban

Tee off in half an hour and the weather has gone to pot. :yadayada:

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Tee off in half an hour and the weather has gone to pot. :yadayada:

Can't muster any sympathy for you, sorry, grafting away here...:confused:

ri Alban
2 hours ago, OBE said:

Can't muster any sympathy for you, sorry, grafting away here...:confused:

Just played a twelve hole loop. The next 3  Saturdays are what I'm aiming for. Tho, I've lost my drive for some reason.  🤔

Samuel Camazzola

The Torrance at the Fairmont is in absolute immaculate condition. 👌🏼

Greens as smooth and true as snooker tables. Fairways like carpets. The course has been receiving extra care due to this week's final Open qualifier and the DP World Tour event next month. 

I recommend playing it whilst it's in this way. 👍 

18 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Anyone booked up for the Scottish Open?

We'll be there on the Sunday. 

Was lucky enough to get a couple of tickets in the ballot for the final day at The Open as well. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Anyone booked up for the Scottish Open?

Will see if I get a comp ticket for it. Managed a comp for the Open and the Senior Open at Gleneagles. 

Castle Stuart getting a second course, Tom doak design. Been bought over by some Canadian mob. Great to have another course being built nearby. 

Anyone after 2 x general admission tickets for the Sunday at the Scottish Open?  Drop me a message, my mate is selling a pair for £50.
Tickets can be emailed 👍🏼

44 minutes ago, OBE said:

Have ever had lessons, bud? My boys got me an hour with one of the local professionals, looking forward to it, but shiting masel, anaw. My long irons are what I need, and some tips inconsistent driving. I'll drive ma usually long and straight for a few weeks, then it'll go to pot and get worse trying to fix it. Nightmare.

36 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Have ever had lessons, bud? My boys got me an hour with one of the local professionals, looking forward to it, but shiting masel, anaw. My long irons are what I need, and some tips inconsistent driving. I'll drive ma usually long and straight for a few weeks, then it'll go to pot and get worse trying to fix it. Nightmare.

Aye, take 8 inches of each club and they'll fit in the bucket easier...:D

Never payed or asked for a lesson, but got one at Panmure. Grip, alignment, stance and posture was textbook, but belt buckle didn't finish facing the target, hence a couple of snap hooks. The touring coach Pro (can't remember name) sent me my video nasty. Seeing my weight, right foot and hips static through the swing was ugly...Video fixed me though...

No need to be shitting yourself, if the Pro can sort you out, he'll be like a dug wi twa cocks...and so will you...good luck...👍

Edited by OBE

Try and get to the practice range and play a round soon after the lesson to try and get it to sink in.

Don't have a lesson and then not play for a few weeks. Which is what I've done in the past and any progress I'd made during the lesson was gone and I'd forgotten half the stuff I'd been told. 🤦‍♂️

I only started last year and had a driving lesson to fix my slice (got to the point the ball was like a boomerang and was going to start coming back round), a putting lesson, and general iron lesson from one of my local pro's and the difference in my play is night and day. Can find the fairway on most of my drives now, basically eradicated 3-putts from my game (bar the odd howler), and added about 20 yards onto each of my irons, all after a single lesson for each. He's got a cracking set up in his bay that has all the Trackman stuff - he takes videos and puts them side-by-side to the Trackman data and talks over it so you've always got a copy of it. 

What Ray Gin said as well - get playing as soon as you can after. I didn't play for a couple of months after my driving lesson and it went to complete shit when I played again but the fact he sends you a video makes it harder to forget what you've been taught...

Found out earlier this year he's a ST holder as well 😄