• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Does/Has anyone wear/worn two golf gloves?

I don't see the benefit personally.  

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Does/Has anyone wear/worn two golf gloves?

Tommy Gainey, Phil Mickelson and Aaron Rai from the pro ranks spring to mind. 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Tommy Gainey, Phil Mickelson and Aaron Rai from the pro ranks spring to mind. 

I seen Peter Finch wearing two. I'm considering it, as I have old hand injuries. I'll try anything.

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I seen Peter Finch wearing two. I'm considering it, as I have old hand injuries. I'll try anything.

Rory was wearing two in the bad weather on the Friday at the Dunhill.

If its good enough for him...............

Samuel Camazzola
22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Have a look at the 'Mac Wet' range. They do a few different models depending on climate etc... 

I have a set of wet weather gloves when it is really wet.  They are useless in the dry and I have had to pour water on them to get them 'activated' as it were.  Brilliant in the rain though, massive advantage if you have to play a match like that.   

Not much fun playing in winter when it's just above freezing and split appears on one of your grip fingers. Winter gloves are a must when it's that cold!

Not long until mats are needed again at my course, really feels like autumn now with the leaves everywhere. Hopefully we get a kind winter this year.

17 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

Ok, so there's a silent auction for Royal Portrush at a local club............................should I bid or not?!

🤫 

:D

On 13/10/2022 at 06:25, ri Alban said:

This course looks spectacular. Anyone played it?

It's brilliant👍 me and the missus played it in 2017 when doing the nc500. Back again last year and got another 2 rounds in. Although 9 holes the tees for playing back 9 are well placed and make most of the holes very different from front 9. The 18th especially😨 .  It,s well worth the drive up. Loads to see round about there too. The people we met at the wee clubhouse were so friendly too. It gets loads more visitors nowadays so they sell some branded caps and stuff. We drove up on west coast last year and played gairloch and ullapool too  both well worth a stopover too. 

6 hours ago, larbertjambo said:

It's brilliant👍 me and the missus played it in 2017 when doing the nc500. Back again last year and got another 2 rounds in. Although 9 holes the tees for playing back 9 are well placed and make most of the holes very different from front 9. The 18th especially😨 .  It,s well worth the drive up. Loads to see round about there too. The people we met at the wee clubhouse were so friendly too. It gets loads more visitors nowadays so they sell some branded caps and stuff. We drove up on west coast last year and played gairloch and ullapool too  both well worth a stopover too. 

Next summer I'll be going up for a game. 👍

William H. Bonney

I played pitreavie yesterday in the pissing rain. 

Despite the weather I really enjoyed it. The course was in fantastic condition.  Very good greens and some cracking holes. 

We were the only ones on the course. 

Samuel Camazzola
25 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

I played pitreavie yesterday in the pissing rain. 

Despite the weather I really enjoyed it. The course was in fantastic condition.  Very good greens and some cracking holes. 

We were the only ones on the course. 

At leat they'll know who to go hunting for if divots are not replaced, bunkers are not raked and pitch marks not fixed. 😉 

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

At leat they'll know who to go hunting for if divots are not replaced, bunkers are not raked and pitch marks not fixed. 😉 

🤣

Samuel Camazzola
On 13/10/2022 at 05:31, ri Alban said:

Do you go abroad for the winter for your golf? If so, where do you prefer? Folk.

I've not been in the winter but a lot of places are deemed to be 'peak season' therefore be prepared to pay top $. 

Tenerife, Algarve and Costa Del Sol are hotpots but flights to Algarve (Faro) will reduce heavily at the beginning of November. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Top golf nearly ready. Looks amazing 

Is this due to open this year? 

9 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I've not been in the winter but a lot of places are deemed to be 'peak season' therefore be prepared to pay top $. 

Tenerife, Algarve and Costa Del Sol are hotpots but flights to Algarve (Faro) will reduce heavily at the beginning of November. 👍

Is this due to open this year? 

Hope so. The nets are up, they could catch UFOs, the height of them. It looks brilliant, 3 storey . 

pictures won't upload. I'll try again, later bud.

Samuel Camazzola
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hope so. The nets are up, they could catch UFOs, the height of them. It looks brilliant, 3 storey . 

pictures won't upload. I'll try again, later bud.

👍 

Looks great. Hopefully it's a success. 

Only 6 years in, Skycaddie is removing all support for the SW2, but if I want, I can replace it with the LX2 and It'll only cost £149...  :bolt:

Edited by OBE

1 hour ago, OBE said:

Only 6 years in, Skycaddie is removing all support for the SW2, but if I want, I can replace it with the LX2 and It'll only cost £149...  :bolt:

I've been using the Shot Scope for my watch over the last few years - (alongside a range finder)  - they work well together and I get my individual club performance stats as well! 

Edited by Bigsmak
missed a bit

Rick Shiels does a review of golf kit and the price goes up, every time. 

Callaway Hex soft golf baws 13.99 now 21.99. Aye but Rick doesn't make anything you know. Faldo called him out on the Rick v Nick video, I was :rofl:

A fraud of a man.

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Callaway Hex soft golf baws 13.99 now 21.99. Aye but Rick doesn't make anything you know. Faldo called him out on the Rick v Nick video, I was :rofl:

A fraud of a man.

How's that ricks fault Amazon upped the price of the balls?

41 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

How's that ricks fault Amazon upped the price of the balls?

He's getting paid. 

Amazon/Callaway  "Hey Rick, your channel is quite popular. You review our products and we'll make sure you're ok. 

Rick "No, you're ok, thanks" 

:Aye:🤣

Just now, Jeff said:

Ricks fine. Nout wrong with the guy other than being a bit cheesy at times :D

I don't mind Rick. His mate on the other hand. Peter Finch should have put one , right on his chin. 

I don't think Peter and Rick are too friendly anymore because of that.

29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't mind Rick. His mate on the other hand. Peter Finch should have put one , right on his chin. 

I don't think Peter and Rick are too friendly anymore because of that.

What's the story there then?

42 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's getting paid. 

Amazon/Callaway  "Hey Rick, your channel is quite popular. You review our products and we'll make sure you're ok. 

Rick "No, you're ok, thanks" 

:Aye:🤣

If that were the case surely they would pay him to promote their more expensive balls? Costco were doing these balls last year as a pack of 24. Good ball, still have some left in the bag, but personally prefer using AD333

Golfers, there's a silent auction being run by Big Hearts as part of tomorrow's Big Hearts gala. Details are on Instagram and Twitter (may be on other social media platforms as well). There's a four-ball at Kingsknowe with a starting bid of £60. Great value as the course and clubhouse are really on the up at the moment. 

On 25/10/2022 at 06:25, ri Alban said:

A fraud of a man.

On 25/10/2022 at 15:29, ri Alban said:

I cannot stand Peter Finch, he just seems smarmy all the time.  I like Guy, doesn't get enough air time on the Break 75 videos.

joondalupjambo

Sense at last.  Lundie reverting to non counting for their winter eclectics after member feedback from last year.  General play rounds can still be submitted.

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I cannot stand Peter Finch, he just seems smarmy all the time.  I like Guy, doesn't get enough air time on the Break 75 videos.

Have you seen the most recent Break 75? Guy is in it constantly and although I do enjoy the Break 75 when it's predominantly Rick, Guy being featured more made it a lot more enjoyable to watch.

On 25/10/2022 at 15:29, ri Alban said:

So I'm 12 minutes in and I feel Peter is near greetin'

18 minutes ago, rossaldinho said:

Have you seen the most recent Break 75? Guy is in it constantly and although I do enjoy the Break 75 when it's predominantly Rick, Guy being featured more made it a lot more enjoyable to watch.

I've not, will give it a watch, he's more real for me and far more enjoyable to watch and listen to.

46 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

So I'm 12 minutes in and I feel Peter is near greetin'

I've not, will give it a watch, he's more real for me and far more enjoyable to watch and listen to.

So that was 56 minutes of Guy rinsing Peter, probably Guy fed the script by Rick, the their greatest moment!

50 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

So that was 56 minutes of Guy rinsing Peter, probably Guy fed the script by Rick, the their greatest moment!

Are Rick and Guy editing their scores? Sounds like he knows too much about it . Seems to get hammered any time they play anyone. Tubes would probably take him, anaw. 

Anyway, Guy is little fud, who'll put Rick out of business.

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Are Rick and Guy editing their scores? Sounds like he knows too much about it . Seems to get hammered any time they play anyone. Tubes would probably take him, anaw. 

Anyway, Guy is little fud, who'll put Rick out of business.

I read the comments on the video, Guy getting ripped to shreds by the hundred.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Gorgie Rules.

#FTM

@OBE Kilspindie prize giving on Friday, are you there collecting a haul?

Aye! Just 2 this year, steered clear of the 20 something's in the knockouts...👍