• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Hey, everybody! Come see how rich we are! And we swear too...!"

99% of them come across as utter melts!! 

Let's do the interview in my private jet. That'll make me look connected. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Scheffler comes across OK, tbf. If you can see beyond the "The Lord is my golf club" type stuff.

I've come to accept that 90% of American tour players are going to give God as the reason they win any tournament. 

He does come across quite well. It's a bloody low bar mind you. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Poulter & DJ...

:facepalm:

It feels like you are watching this right now.

Poulter has always been a prick but his Ryder Cup stuff gives him a free pass with many. I watched him pretend to take a phone call rather than sign autographs for kids after a practice round at St Andrews. 

Watched the first one, and I really am a fan of Jordan and JT, but betting $200 on practice round holes, to the 40 minute private jet for a practice round is a bit off the scale.

The rest will annoy me, Poulter especially.

12 hours ago, OBE said:

Eldrick, hands J, Thomas a tampon after outdriving him...:scenes:

:rofl:Telt him to use the women's tee, anaw.  :rofl:

Did he not out drive Rory, who went to the wrong ball. :D

Edited by ri Alban

That thing you do

My tickets are booked to Mayakoba for the LIV Golf kick off!

Arriving Friday, tickets for Saturday and Sunday and booked a cabana on the beach in Playa del Carmen to stay in.

The PGA dont come often to Mexico and its not the best field necessarily when they do, so fancied heading down to LIV as the course is next to the beach and pretty dam nice for a place to watch Golf.

Flight, Hotel and Tickets all in about 650 Quid for a 4 day trip.

Edited by That thing you do

That thing you do
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t believe Thomas Pieters has joined Liv just as he had some success and moved back up the rankings?

LIV will win the tussle with the PGA.

Why? because 54 holes, shotgun starts and team element is just more fun and adds a new dimension. I watched all of the LIV tourneys and all 3 days as theres always something to play for. PGA you can ignore until Sunday.

I fully expect the fan village in Mayakoba to have more going on than the Open did.

I love the LIV format. Bring it on.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Why? because 54 holes, shotgun starts and team element is just more fun and adds a new dimension. I watched all of the LIV tourneys and all 3 days as theres always something to play for. PGA you can ignore until Sunday.

I fully expect the fan village in Mayakoba to have more going on than the Open did.

In your opinion, not one that many people share thankfully. 
What with 54 holes, surely you just watch the end of that too. 
Glad you and the other 12k around the world have found somewhere to watch it, more people go to Easter Road ffs 🤔🤦🏽🤪?!?!

That thing you do
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In your opinion, not one that many people share thankfully. 
What with 54 holes, surely you just watch the end of that too. 
Glad you and the other 12k around the world have found somewhere to watch it, more people go to Easter Road ffs 🤔🤦🏽🤪?!?!

Nope you dont. As the team elements has scores locked in each day. So every day counts towards something beyond the individual scores. And the score counting changes too. Day 1 its 2/4 members, top 2 count. Day 2 is same and Day 3 its 3/4.

Anyway, I have tickets for the last two days inc Sunday hospitality and Ill be watching Golf at one of the most beautiful courses you could wish to see. Im going to enjoy it!

Its on a PGA Tour course Greg Norman designed too https://mayakoba.com/el-camaleon-golf-course/

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, That thing you do said:

Nope you dont. As the team elements has scores locked in each day. So every day counts towards something beyond the individual scores. And the score counting changes too. Day 1 its 2/4 members, top 2 count. Day 2 is same and Day 3 its 3/4.

Anyway, I have tickets for the last two days inc Sunday hospitality and Ill be watching Golf at one of the most beautiful courses you could wish to see. Im going to enjoy it!

Just a gimmick to sports wash despicable regimes, but all sports are awash with dirty money these days. 
Something strangely relaxing and satisfying about the sight of any golf course 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

I’m sure you will have great fun, send us some photos of those guys helping to grow the game (their bank balance).

27 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

😂 drivel. 

Samuel Camazzola
21 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t believe Thomas Pieters has joined Liv just as he had some success and moved back up the rankings?

More to follow too after the Ryder Cup. 

I believe there are more higher ranking players at LIV this week than at the Honda. 

Doe's it still matter, with an eclectic ranking system, if there is one, who cares?

If a tournament pitches up and displays pockets of the worlds alleged top 100, punters will still pitch up and watch in awe at the golf on display.

@That thing you do, enjoy your trip...I'm sure you'll be entertained on and off the course.

The LIV Golf live stream will be available on The CW App, free, with no login, on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, LG TV, iOS, Android, UWP/Xbox, and web. No subscriptions, no credit cards – simply install the free app on your preferred device and tune in on the days of the live events to watch.

On 21/02/2023 at 22:24, That thing you do said:

Its on a PGA Tour course Greg Norman designed too https://mayakoba.com/el-camaleon-golf-course/

I looked at playing there when I was in Mexico, then seen the price :lol:

luckyBatistuta

Just had a great wee trip up to St Andrews. A round for my wife, myself and my two boys around The Kittocks, an overnight stay in The Fairmont and then a round for the 4 of us on the Old Course the next day. A wee panic at the tee when we arrived, as we had a 10.30 tee written down, but were informed that we had missed our 10am tee off. Thankfully we still got our 10.30 tee off😅 Great trip and now away to save to do it again. Never cost me a penny too, all paid for by sister and brother in law😁

42 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just had a great wee trip up to St Andrews. A round for my wife, myself and my two boys around The Kittocks, an overnight stay in The Fairmont and then a round for the 4 of us on the Old Course the next day. A wee panic at the tee when we arrived, as we had a 10.30 tee written down, but were informed that we had missed our 10am tee off. Thankfully we still got our 10.30 tee off😅 Great trip and now away to save to do it again. Never cost me a penny too, all paid for by sister and brother in law😁

You didn't come out on top of that 4 ball :)

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Lucky’s wife handing him this after out driving him again…

E206E049-94EC-49A1-91E6-825E80A20FF7.jpeg

🤣 she can seriously drive a golf ball, but lucky 💪🏻

That thing you do

LIV kicks off tomorrow

Teams, shotgun starts, every shot counts.. bring it the hell on!

That thing you do
8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:spoton:

If you dont think fans can get behind golfing teams, you havent watched the Ryder Cup.

Shotgun starts, picking your team and every shot counts wont win the traditionalists over possibly, but it will be appealing to the next generation if marketed right.

Its a great concept. Most pros played college golf in a similar way.

8 hours ago, That thing you do said:

If you dont think fans can get behind golfing teams, you havent watched the Ryder Cup.

Shotgun starts, picking your team and every shot counts wont win the traditionalists over possibly, but it will be appealing to the next generation if marketed right.

Its a great concept. Most pros played college golf in a similar way.

Absolutely!!

I was very fortunate to be invited to Gleneagles in 2014. Even luckier to be in the Tay hospitality suite Saturday and Sunday.

We hadn’t even got in to the course and the hairs on the back of my neck were bristling. You could literally cut the atmosphere with a knife. Electric!!

Our fans behaved impeccably whilst simultaneously backing every drive, chip and putt with enviable vigour. I have heard time and time again via captains and players the importance of the crowd and honestly didn’t believe it.

After those 2 days I witnessed first hand just how important the crowds can be. The players really do thrive on it.

Why folk can't enjoy LiV , PGA and DP tours is beyond me. 

Fwiw PGA/DP, only becomes worth watching on the Sunday.(Excluding Majors) 

If the PGA/DP tours aren't careful, LIV will put them out of business. They're pockets are far deeper. 

That thing you do
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If the PGA/DP tours aren't careful, LIV will put them out of business. They're pockets are far deeper. 

Indeed. I love the LIV format but that doesnt mean I dont enjoy majors ryder cup and all sorts of other PGA golf.

3 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Arrived in Playa del Carmen. I get errors when trying to upload pictures...not sure why.

I get the same. I end up screen shooting them on my phone.

I can then post the screenshot with no problem.

14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I think people just say they don't like LIV just to be edgy or political. Golf is golf and if you enjoy watching golf there is now more golf to watch. Win win imo.

54 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

I think people just say they don't like LIV just to be edgy or political. Golf is golf and if you enjoy watching golf there is now more golf to watch. Win win imo.

LIVs just the superleague but with mid table teams and has beens imo.

Not sure that's edgy or political.

Just now, Taffin said:

LIVs just the superleague but with mid table teams and has beens imo.

Not sure that's edgy or political.

DJ, Brooks, Bryson, Cam Smith, Garcia, Oosthuizen all has beens? All have won majors fairly recently or been in contention on the Sunday at least. Could add Mickelson to that list too. For a starting point I think that's not too shabby.

21 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

DJ, Brooks, Bryson, Cam Smith, Garcia, Oosthuizen all has beens? All have won majors fairly recently or been in contention on the Sunday at least. Could add Mickelson to that list too. For a starting point I think that's not too shabby.

For me, yes. They were all on a downward trajectory (Smith aside).

It's not too shabby, of course not, neither is watching Nottingham Forest Vs Wolves...but I'm not going to go wild for it 

That thing you do

17 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I get the same. I end up screen shooting them on my phone.

I can then post the screenshot with no problem.

I get Error 200 even with that

That thing you do

Summary of Experience at LIV Mayakoba

Liked:

Well organised

Plenty of swag on offer free

Beautiful location

Fun activities - wife got a temp tattoo

I entered a putting competition and a chip competition.

Followed Poulter, Cammy Smith around. Got close up vid and photo of latter whacking it off a concrete path.

The place is a nature reserve so racoons interrupted tee shots on 17.,which was amusing

Did not like

****wits driving aboot on carts on same path

Food/drink was utterly crap and extortionate

Will share photos as soon as I know what the **** Error 200 is when i try to upload them.

‐------

Day 2 entry fee was a bit over £25

which is very reasonable

Either Liv Golf haven't offered her enough money or she just doesn't like their sport washing but she still has the twitter handle that they would probably like.

FB_IMG_1677370571422.jpg

2 hours ago, That thing you do said:

I get Error 200 even with that

It is to do with file size. Possibly file type.

I tried adding a photo of a cormorant on our course pond yesterday. File is too big.

The screenshot reduced it to 0.9mb in .jpg format.

I know , the photo is crap☹️

Screenshot_20230226_014133_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Tommy Brown

8 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Liked:

Well organised

Beautiful location

Followed Poulter, Cammy Smith around. Got close up vid and photo of latter whacking it off a concrete path.

The place is a nature reserve so racoons interrupted tee shots on 17.,which was amusing

Did not like

Will share photos as soon as I know what the **** Error 200 is when i try to upload them.

‐------

which is very reasonable

Definitely file size.

If you are uploading via phone once you have selected the photos you want to upload ( add files then select from library )at the bottom of your screen it should give you the option of “show select”. From there you should be able to change it from “actual size” to “medium”.

This will make the file size smaller and allow it to be uploaded.

On 25/02/2023 at 03:07, That thing you do said:

Indeed. I love the LIV format but that doesnt mean I dont enjoy majors ryder cup and all sorts of other PGA golf.

👍

13 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Liked:

Well organised

Beautiful location

Did not like

‐------

which is very reasonable

Looks tremendous.

16 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

Either Liv Golf haven't offered her enough money or she just doesn't like their sport washing but she still has the twitter handle that they would probably like.

FB_IMG_1677370571422.jpg

:laugh:

Money to be made to turn wee Liv pro there 

Edited by kila

Pasquale for King
On 25/02/2023 at 03:09, That thing you do said:

Arrived in Playa del Carmen. I get errors when trying to upload pictures...not sure why.

Crop them, aa I did with this. 

5324AFD0-BDF9-47A8-9B41-8FD6725D546C.jpeg

That thing you do

So, after 2 days of golf heres my honest opinion being there.

The team element is much more pronounced this year. More players wearing the team badge and there were groups of fans for specific teams.

I like the team element alot.

Crowds: id estimate around 15 to 20k over the 3 days. Pretty similar to mayakoba PGA tournaments.

Fan experience: Fun, but much more could be done especially engagement beyond the tournament.

Course: Stunning. 

Best Golf: Great long put for Birdie by Brooks Keopka we were at front of Gallery

Best Moment: Raccoons stopping play on 17. 

Following Poulter and Smith on Saturday. Some great shots.

Broadcasting: moved from You Tube to Live Golf Plus App for free viewing. It is televised in 20 countries now inc via Claro in Mexico.

Go again: I would. My wife preferred the experience here to The Open at Carnoustie. More the weather and backing her team than prestige obviously. I do think theres more for fans to do when you include the free concert in the evening and interactive games.