Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Got myself into the Cruden Bay Open in August.

Newburgh the day before should make it a nice weekend

Might see you at Newburgh, we're heading up and playing that then Murcar on the Sunday.

33 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Might see you at Newburgh, we're heading up and playing that then Murcar on the Sunday.

Murcar is the dugs danglies.

You will love it.

Newburgh and Cruden will be a new ones to me.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Disser Pointon
On 24/01/2023 at 11:04, Tommy Brown said:

Got myself into the Cruden Bay Open in August.

Newburgh the day before should make it a nice weekend

we do the Texas Scramble open in June, play the Edzell open the day before on the way up. 2 rounds and 2 nights at the Premier Inn, £125, cant beat it!!!

On 27/01/2023 at 14:42, Armageddon said:

McIlroy and Reed playing together, haha you couldn't make it up.

Rory is becoming a right wee greetin faced nyaff. And I can't stand that cheat Reed.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Rory is becoming a right wee greetin faced nyaff. And I can't stand that cheat Reed.

Reed, cheat, fair enough, Rory, greetin faced? Apart from Thorbjørn Olesen being out his nut on a flight from America, there's nothing exciting to report, the media are scraping the barrel, they want/need feuds, if your not playing/competing in golf yourself, it's ***kin boring, if it's tight-at-the-top at any golf comp, I'll watch the last nine holes, what's gone before is just sleep inducing, apart from match-play.

Now, Faldo/Lyle, Ballesteros/Azinger, Rory Sabbatini/TRoTW, Mark James/European Tour, Lanny Wadkins/Anyone, queue here to punch his pus...oh, and Tom Lehman.

LIV v USPGA/DPWT. Dubai Ports World Tour...WTF? money talks. We need more golf feuds!  :D

34 minutes ago, OBE said:

Reed, cheat, fair enough, Rory, greetin faced? Apart from Thorbjørn Olesen being out his nut on a flight from America, there's nothing exciting to report, the media are scraping the barrel, they want/need feuds, if your not playing/competing in golf yourself, it's ***kin boring, if it's tight-at-the-top at any golf comp, I'll watch the last nine holes, what's gone before is just sleep inducing, apart from match-play.

Now, Faldo/Lyle, Ballesteros/Azinger, Rory Sabbatini/TRoTW, Mark James/European Tour, Lanny Wadkins/Anyone, queue here to punch his pus...oh, and Tom Lehman.

LIV v USPGA/DPWT. Dubai Ports World Tour...WTF? money talks. We need more golf feuds!  :D

Feuds, well yes, but this "Miss, Miss, he hit me , Miss " stuff. At least go nose to nose with a head push. 🥊

Samuel Camazzola
36 minutes ago, OBE said:

Jiminez and Bradley could have got tasty but big MA just sparked up another Cuban. 

42 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Feuds, well yes, but this "Miss, Miss, he hit me , Miss " stuff. At least go nose to nose with a head push. 🥊

Allegedly, Rory was unaware of Reed flicking a tee at him until the media asked for a response. Adding bells & whistles to a nowt situation is amateur behaviour, my wife's good at it, until a sub is requested. 😊

59 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Jiminez and Bradley could have got tasty but big MA just sparked up another Cuban. 

They had previous on the 13th, same comp. Anytime I've followed Jimenez in a blowy links comp, his deliberate low ball flight was enviable.

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, OBE said:

They had previous on the 13th, same comp. Anytime I've followed Jimenez in a blowy links comp, his deliberate low ball flight was enviable.

Only second to the Merry Mex when it comes to that sort of play. 👌🏼

4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Only second to the Merry Mex when it comes to that sort of play. 👌🏼

Muirfield...👍

11 minutes ago, kila said:

Thanks @kila

he never ceases to amaze not only not his ball but not even the right tree

how many times is he going to get away with this nonsense?

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Thanks @kila

he never ceases to amaze not only not his ball but not even the right tree

how many times is he going to get away with this nonsense?

Might be an idea for them to get the other balls out the trees at driving distance so that they don’t make this mistake again. 
As for Reed controversy just follows him around, shame he lost by a shot because if he had won by one all hell would break loose. 

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Might be an idea for them to get the other balls out the trees at driving distance so that they don’t make this mistake again. 
As for Reed controversy just follows him around, shame he lost by a shot because if he had won by one all hell would break loose. 

Absolutely no respect either bedecked in his LIV golf gear noticed the likes of Poulter had normal gear on.

He just cant help himself, and will keep doing it till he gets hammered.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Absolutely no respect either bedecked in his LIV golf gear noticed the likes of Poulter had normal gear on.

He just cant help himself, and will keep doing it till he gets hammered.

I can’t think of any other golfer who has courted so much controversy for no real reason, must be the most unpopular player on all the tours. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can’t think of any other golfer who has courted so much controversy for no real reason, must be the most unpopular player on all the tours. 

Try going back to his college days 😧His team mates refused to share a locker room with him, accused of theft, and various other on course demeaners.

Various other stories if you look hard, also his family life was pretty twisted.

The stupid thing is he is superbly talented and would have succeeded without all the nonsense.

Sad really, his record will always be tainted.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Try going back to his college days 😧His team mates refused to share a locker room with him, accused of theft, and various other on course demeaners.

Various other stories if you look hard, also his family life was pretty twisted.

The stupid thing is he is superbly talented and would have succeeded without all the nonsense.

Sad really, his record will always be tainted.

Jordan Speith refused to play with him in the Ryder Cup also where Woods had to. 

I've had a struggle with fat shots creeping in regularly over the last few months so I experimented with my swing a little last weekend and tried a shorter follow through, Tommy Fleetwood style.

It seemed to really help to stop me from releasing too early and getting flippy with my arms through the ball. I had a few pushes but not a single fat or thin connection.

Anyone else swing using this technique? Seems worth persevering with.

The only problem was tinkering with my swing destroyed my drives, with massive hooks emerging. Why is it so hard to get everything working in sync? There's always one part of my game goes to ****.

20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I've had a struggle with fat shots creeping in regularly over the last few months so I experimented with my swing a little last weekend and tried a shorter follow through, Tommy Fleetwood style.

It seemed to really help to stop me from releasing too early and getting flippy with my arms through the ball. I had a few pushes but not a single fat or thin connection.

The only problem was tinkering with my swing destroyed my drives, with massive hooks emerging. Why is it so hard to get everything working in sync? There's always one part of my game goes to ****.

I do the same, worked wonders for me. Used to thin it regularly and have a really early release until my instructor told me to watch videos of Tommy and to try replicate his swing. Out of all the work I've done since starting nearly 2 years go, that's been the biggest help for me. 

Driving is still shit but always has been 😄 

18 minutes ago, rossaldinho said:

I do the same, worked wonders for me. Used to thin it regularly and have a really early release until my instructor told me to watch videos of Tommy and to try replicate his swing. Out of all the work I've done since starting nearly 2 years go, that's been the biggest help for me. 

Driving is still shit but always has been 😄 

It certainly felt like a game changer at the weekend. I would almost certainly have shot my best score in a year if it hadn't been for the drives costing me strokes.

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

It certainly felt like a game changer at the weekend. I would almost certainly have shot my best score in a year if it hadn't been for the drives costing me strokes.

Have you been chunking drives? If not, why can't you just keep the shortened follow through for iron/wedge play? That's what Fleetwood does. Driver is full swing.

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Have you been chunking drives? If not, why can't you just keep the shortened follow through for iron/wedge play? That's what Fleetwood does. Driver is full swing.

Yeah I was trying to keep my normal swing for drives but something must have inadvertently changed. :( 

6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I do. I punch my irons, if I try to sweep, i'm too inconsistent.

Ordered new ping irons today. Should hopefully be here next week. 

one thing thats rubbish about my game is im a fader (slicer!!), yet when i hit my hybrids they hook! So frustrating! No idea w

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I do. I punch my irons, if I try to sweep, i'm too inconsistent.

I didn't really get a punchy ball flight when doing it, my shots still seemed to have a similar apex. Just more consistent contact.

I'll no doubt try again this weekend and get completely different results.

On 01/02/2023 at 23:03, Ray Gin said:

I didn't really get a punchy ball flight when doing it, my shots still seemed to have a similar apex. Just more consistent contact.

I'll no doubt try again this weekend and get completely different results.

I get better control on the greens(When I hit them) 🤣

Edited by ri Alban

45 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Thoughts, sensible on first view.

Screenshot_20230204_122641_Facebook.jpg

👍 

Never played blue. Will continue competition white and play yellow or white(Just to get ready for competition) bounce games.

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

👍

Never played blue. Will continue competition white and play yellow or white(Just to get ready for competition) bounce games.

FYI, the colours of the tee box can vary from course to course. 👍 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

FYI, the colours of the tee box can vary from course to course. 👍 

Never played championship/Tiger tee courses.

20 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Thoughts, sensible on first view.

Screenshot_20230204_122641_Facebook.jpg

If not played the course before, how do you know what you'll shoot? Any new courses we play, parkland, links and how they are underfoot is taken into consideration. Our aim is play the course and conditions so that ideally every club in the bag gets an airing. Too short, drive and 8 iron up, too long, drive and 4 iron down. When playing abroad and have the choice of tees, we'll aim for 6300y to 6500y, never want to come of a course cussing it's length.