• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LIV golfers taking Saudi money = absolutely pasted

Anthony Joshua fights in Saudi = No issues “Good luck big Tony” on Sky PPV

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Watching the BMW and some folk in crowd are spoiling it for me. Why do these same folk think others are there to hear them, instead of watching the finest golfers on the planet. STFU.

11 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Electrify the ropes, signal jamming military countermeasures needed now? Arnold Palmer and a few others will be spinning. Remote control man :silly: visually, he looks like a mature adult, internally his box hasn't developed. Professional golf on so many fronts is deteriorating to SPFL levels, cheating, objects launched onto playing surfaces and players being verbally abused.

Listening to the audio on the clip, there's many other heidcases supporting the tit with the remote.

Wonder what the ref's would've done if Rory had've putted the ball into the pond...Or, was Rory aware of the consequences had he done so? Good pitch right into the middle of the pond Rory...👍

Anyone played Drumoig? Only £35 at the weekends. Cheaping out a little as £100 a round not on the cards for the folk I’m with.

Edited by kila

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, kila said:

Anyone played Drumoig? Only £35 at the weekends. Cheaping out a little as £100 a round not on the cards for the folk I’m with.

Although not too far away, it's one I've yet to get to. Quite a few I play with have and say it's good value for the green fees they charge. 

St Michael's is another which is worth a play for the price they charge. 

3 hours ago, kila said:

We played in October last year after it had been pissing down for a few days and the course held up beautifully. Great course I thought - the 9th (I think) is a stunning a hole. 

Hoping to get back to it soon. Did enquire at the start of the year about a membership there as it's only half an hour away from me, offered me a country membership which was cheaper as well.

3 hours ago, kila said:

Played it once many years ago 

Nothing comes to mind except a brutal par 4 with a lake left and right of the  fairway 

hit it straight or sploosh 

3 hours ago, kila said:

Very good course. It’s fairly long but I don’t think it really plays all that long.

Cheers guys. 

Played Drumoig today and loved it. Good mix of holes, some water, some hills. Greens were immaculate and fast. Highly recommend given it’s only £35!

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can Smith, his pal Leishman and some other nobodies join LIV.

90E8D061-8328-4F3E-ADD7-E52D2E3654D4.jpeg

B1875005-6939-46C4-BFFF-6EA40BEEE26B.jpeg

I wouldn't classify them as nobodies. All feature regularly on the main tours and all pretty established. 

Niemann is only about 22/23 with tour wins and risen to the top 20 in the world from being ranked #1 amateur. 

There will be more names to follow on the back of the President's Cup too. 

It's amazing how Rory, a lad from NI gets to pick where he plays, The USA and not the European tour. Yet others have to stay where they are, so these auld pricks can hold onto to their own power and riches. They don't own golf. 

C'mon LIV.

Edited by ri Alban

I had a lesson a couple of months back and I can safely say it was the best lesson I have ever had. Ball striking is so much better and the occasional draw is even on the cards. I’ve had lessons in the past but this one just seemed to click. Anyone else had a lesson that dramatically improved their game?

14 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

Broke my Collar Bone in june, playing tomorrow for the first time - defo 71 scratch on the cards¬! [

All the best! I’m still not back at full strength following the nerve damage in my shoulder. Aiming for end of September though 🤞 

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

All the best! I’m still not back at full strength following the nerve damage in my shoulder. Aiming for end of September though 🤞 

Thanks - Was DQ from the medal as I missed my Tee Time - Took 1 hour 45 to go from Dunfermline to Gullane this morning (usually 45-50 on a Sat morning) due to roadworks between Lothianburn and Straiton - Feck those guys - So I was over 10 mins late when I had planned to be there over 30 mins early to have a swing. 

Anyway I was 3 or 4 over after 12 and was playing quite well, but I tired up really quick and had a 8 then 7 in two holes, 1 lost ball.  Also found 7 different bunkers today. 

best thing though, was that I played with Thomas who was off +2 and he shot a 66 Scratch.  Was wonderful to watch, and he missed a few good birdie opportunities but had a great eagle on the 12th. 

Happy to have played again, haven't upset my injury - I am bloomin knackered though! So unfit! 

17 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

Thanks - Was DQ from the medal as I missed my Tee Time - Took 1 hour 45 to go from Dunfermline to Gullane this morning (usually 45-50 on a Sat morning) due to roadworks between Lothianburn and Straiton - Feck those guys - So I was over 10 mins late when I had planned to be there over 30 mins early to have a swing. 

Anyway I was 3 or 4 over after 12 and was playing quite well, but I tired up really quick and had a 8 then 7 in two holes, 1 lost ball.  Also found 7 different bunkers today. 

best thing though, was that I played with Thomas who was off +2 and he shot a 66 Scratch.  Was wonderful to watch, and he missed a few good birdie opportunities but had a great eagle on the 12th. 

Happy to have played again, haven't upset my injury - I am bloomin knackered though! So unfit! 

It wasn't road works mate, someone was killed on the bypass.

3 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

It wasn't road works mate, someone was killed on the bypass.

Ah - it just said closed - Thats crap 

Samuel Camazzola

Played West Lothian for the first time. Decent layout and in good condition but scored poorly. Couldn't get to grips with the slow greens. 

Started playing golf again this month after about a 17 year absence hadnt played since the school holidays as a bairn. Must say loving it at the moment. Cut my shots down drastically already now going round 30 over which isn’t bad IMO. Using my brothers old clubs which probably isn’t ideal as I’m a bit taller and 6ft4 so think I’ll need to get measured if am going to take it seriously. Can see myself getting a few lessons to just to keep me right but will wait till I have my own measure clubs

18 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

My mates tee shot up 18 on Gullane 2 yesterday, thankfully he missed the Porsche and the Range Rover! 🙈🤣

IMG-20220904-WA0000.jpg

I think at gullane, you are insured by the club as part of your green fee. 

Disser Pointon
3 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

I think at gullane, you are insured by the club as part of your green fee. 

I believe that's right mate. To be fair the car park was full and people had parked outside of it nearer the course, it wouldn't have been me!

Shot Scope help required.

I have v2 and just bought v3 yesterday.

I play West Lothian on Saturday, but I am only getting the Winter course coming up.

I had this course on my v2 when I played it recently.

I find the course ok on my laptop but not on my phone app??

Screenshot_20220907-154440_Shot Scope.jpg

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

I play West Lothian on Saturday, but I am only getting the Winter course coming up.

When I played it last week, it was named as Airngath (white tees) on a Garmin device ( should it help)... 

In addition, you've likely already done it but would a software upgrade assist? It may still be on a factory setting where all available courses are not preset by default. 

Edited by Samuel Camazzola

4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

When I played it last week, it was named as Airngath (white tees) on a Garmin device ( should it help)... 

In addition, you've likely already done it but would a software upgrade assist? It may still be on a factory setting where all available courses are not preset by default. 

Uninstalled then re installed the app.

Seemed to work.👍

7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Talk to me about ShotScope, is it worth it?

As a basic GPS golf watch it works perfectly well as any other watch.

This can be bought as a G3 version for a bit cheaper than your comparable Garmin, Bushmills models.

If you go to a V3 version for £145 , you get a set of sensors that you attach to each club. This allows you to upload your round to your app and see each shot on a gps map. This gives you the shot distance which is mostly what I am interested in.

You can go super geeky, the app will analyse the data into Gir, fairways hit, putt count etc.

Go onto website https://shotscope.com/uk/

Have a good look at what results it gives you. It is well worth the money compared to Garmins and Bushnells.

Screenshot_20220908-040650_Shot Scope.jpg

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

As a basic GPS golf watch it works perfectly well as any other watch.

This can be bought as a G3 version for a bit cheaper than your comparable Garmin, Bushmills models.

If you go to a V3 version for £145 , you get a set of sensors that you attach to each club. This allows you to upload your round to your app and see each shot on a gps map. This gives you the shot distance which is mostly what I am interested in.

You can go super geeky, the app will analyse the data into Gir, fairways hit, putt count etc.

Go onto website https://shotscope.com/uk/

Have a good look at what results it gives you. It is well worth the money compared to Garmins and Bushnells.

Screenshot_20220908-040650_Shot Scope.jpg

5th hole at Pumpherston.

10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Talk to me about ShotScope, is it worth it?

I had one and tbh once it had properly mapped out my yardages I didn't find it all that worthwhile. As TB says above though, if you want to proper geek out then there's loads of other stats in there.

Been using the phone app Golfshot GPS for over a decade. Swear by it, love it and the stats it can collect. Never found a course not on it, even wee pishy 9 hole ones in a field. 

Samuel Camazzola

Played the New Course today. Personally think it's the most enjoyable of the Links Trust courses and would definitely play that ahead of the Old Course again. 

The recent warm and wet weather has helped with the condition. Greens were receptive and running well. 

Worth a visit for anyone considering trying somewhere different.