5's in west lothian

vlad on the tyne

Morning team. Well afternoon. Ive got a fuzzy head. Had a tad too much to drink last night. Anyway im still looking forward to the fives, well sixes i suppose. I think it will be fine with 6 aside as I dont think anyone will fancy standing as a sub in this weather. Means less running aswell. Im loving the yellow shirt idea. I could be a contender this week. Anyway me and no1jambo will be there so see you at Craigswood. On time this week as I know where im going!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Destruction Derby

we will need to decide whether its 6 aside or only 10 people playing, really dont fancy standing about in this weather as mentioned before.

Goose Baxter

I'll be there at 7:15

Why not go with 6 and see how it goes even for just tonight and then if people wanted to why not make it 1st come 1st served basis for each week.

Either after the game on a sunday on this thread or wait till a day during the week so that people know what there plans are for the week.

Post your name on the thread and it should be the 1st 10 and then you can have like a reserve list and if someone pulls out its then it goes to the reserve list.

Seems fair, What does everypone think?

I'll be there at 7:15

Why not go with 6 and see how it goes even for just tonight and then if people wanted to why not make it 1st come 1st served basis for each week.

Either after the game on a sunday on this thread or wait till a day during the week so that people know what there plans are for the week.

Post your name on the thread and it should be the 1st 10 and then you can have like a reserve list and if someone pulls out its then it goes to the reserve list.

Seems fair, What does everypone think?

I think we should go 6 aside tonight im sure it will be fine. If we have more in the coming weeks we can either keep playing 6s or have a rolling sub or two. Just for tonight I dont think anyone will be wanting to stand about in this weather. Hopefully with the better weather (fingers crossed) people wont mind quite as much with the subs idea.

Greedy_Jambo

Whats the weather like in livi the now? Its pretty miserable here in sighthill. Had snow this morning and its been raining and blowing a gail the last few hours.

Ibrahim Tall
Whats the weather like in livi the now? Its pretty miserable here in sighthill. Had snow this morning and its been raining and blowing a gail the last few hours.

It's been on/off snow most of the day mate, isn't really lying though because it's too wet.

Goose Baxter

The sun is out, im out the back sipping on a nice bottle of Stella. :sunny:

Greedy_Jambo
The sun is out, im out the back sipping on a nice bottle of Stella. :sunny:

Nothing like a cold beer in preperation for a game of football lol

Destruction Derby

nice to see the wind has calmed down, rain and snow is off now. will just be wet and freezing though.

Greedy_Jambo

Is everyone raring to go then? My knee is knackered but im gonna strap it up and get on with it.

Destruction Derby

Enjoyed that tonight, alot easier with the bibs, we should keep it to 6 aside as there was still quite a fair bit of room to run into, if its possible we should try and keep the same teams aswell as they were quite fair, the non bibs ran away with it a bit at the end but recogn that was due to tiredness.

I need to stay of the drink of saturdays, or just not drink as much, was feeling knackered after about 10 mins, Unfortunately were playing the hobos from Leith next week so doubt that i will be able to change next week, maybe the week after.

Greedy_Jambo
Enjoyed that tonight, alot easier with the bibs, we should keep it to 6 aside as there was still quite a fair bit of room to run into, if its possible we should try and keep the same teams aswell as they were quite fair, the non bibs ran away with it a bit at the end but recogn that was due to tiredness.

I need to stay of the drink of saturdays, or just not drink as much, was feeling knackered after about 10 mins, Unfortunately were playing the hobos from Leith next week so doubt that i will be able to change next week, maybe the week after.

I'm in the same boat as you m8. had a few too many last night as i do every saturday. Im gonna try and cut it out cos its really annoying not being able to run properly after 15 mins!

I still can't put all the names to the faces yet. What one where you m8?

vlad on the tyne

good game, good game......

the bibs did make a difference, made it a bit easier than last week.

same again next week!

Destruction Derby

the 1 in your team, had the moroon type zipper on, Hutchie. scored the own goal when i was in goals :7:. not 1 of my better moments, yellow jumper for me. Felt there was alot more talking this week than last week, it will only get better as we all get to know each other better.

Greedy_Jambo
the 1 in your team, had the moroon type zipper on, Hutchie. scored the own goal when i was in goals :7:. not 1 of my better moments, yellow jumper for me. Felt there was alot more talking this week than last week, it will only get better as we all get to know each other better.

Ah right. I'll remember ye now. I didn't have you down as a drinker!!

Goose Baxter

it was a good game tonight people, my name is ross and was in the goalie top. Was gutted about the fecker who lobbed me lol

Not sure it was on an own gaol buddy.......maybe it was the speed and swerve on my shot that deceived you.!!..:biglaugh:

Thanks for the game gents, enjoyed it, can only get better when the fitness improves..!!

Hope this yellow jumper thing doesn't take off as I really don't suit yellow..!!:2:

Greedy_Jambo
it was a good game tonight people, my name is ross and was in the goalie top. Was gutted about the fecker who lobbed me lol

Was that my shot from my own goals? What actually happened there? i thought it was going over at first then it looked like you got a hand to it then it bounced off you and went in? did it hit the fence first?

P.s Im happy to keep the same teams for next week. The older guys are showing us younger ones up a bit fitness wise! but im sure we can catch them in weeks to come.

Destruction Derby
I didn't have you down as a drinker!!

LOL. Couldn't be further from the truth, don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing though. I would strongly deny it but James May would not have any of it so i will admit it the now.

Goose Baxter
Was that my shot from my own goals? What actually happened there? i thought it was going over at first then it looked like you got a hand to it then it bounced off you and went in? did it hit the fence first?

P.s Im happy to keep the same teams for next week. The older guys are showing us younger ones up a bit fitness wise! but im sure we can catch them in weeks to come.

aye a got a hand to it and pushed it onto the fence and then it come back off and hit my arm and went in. was a good shot.

i think it should be a hibs top that the player has to wear.

Greedy_Jambo
aye a got a hand to it and pushed it onto the fence and then it come back off and hit my arm and went in. was a good shot.

i think it should be a hibs top that the player has to wear.

Ha. Unlucky m8.

Destruction Derby

What was said about block booking?? Could not really hear what the woman behind the counter was saying.

vlad on the tyne

it looked like jambosean was trying to get that wifie at reception's number!:biglaugh:

hutchie, I was calling you clutchie all night apologies. need to get ma lugs cleaned oot!!

The hibs top is a good idea don't ever want to be seen wearing that!!

Greedy_Jambo

Nah.. the hibs top is a bad idea. I don't want to see anybody wearing that horrible thing. It will effect us all, not just the person wearing it.

jambosean75

i've paid this sundays and i've got a block booking form.

i will get it filled out and handed in this week. the direct debit option won't start to the 1st may. we will need to keep paying up front until then. as i work just round the corner it's not that big a deal. the price of the pitch is going up a pound from april to ?40.

i suggest we chip in ?4 a head each week and i will post a rolling total of how much we have in the kitty.

if anybody is uneasy about one person holding the kitty we could open up a savings account where it would take 2 people to take money out and nominate a couple of people to be the nameholders.

Good game again last night guys. I think it will work alright with 6 aside if everyone turns up each week. I had a fairly stinking game last night so could be up for the yellow tshirt award. Like some of the others I feel a heavy days drinking on the Saturday is not really helping my performance. Although it wont be much better next week as the derby on the Saturday will be filled with boozing again.

Sean, Im happy for one person to hold the extra money that we will build up every week. I dont see anyone having a problem with this.

Goose Baxter

Doesnt bother me to be honest who takes the money, I happy top go along with what has been said.

Can i also add that i work every 3rd weekend nightshift. So i will be unable to play on that weekend. I am away on a stag doo this weekend but will be back up to play on Sunday night.

So the 22nd of March i will be unable to play but i will always give plenty of notice as to the weekend that i can not play.

Goose Baxter

Also thought last night that the standard of play was pretty good. There wasnt any silky players or anyone like C.Ronaldo in the teams who likes to prance about like a tart. Was a good passing game off football.

Also who was in my team? Non-bibs

Also thought last night that the standard of play was pretty good. There wasnt any silky players or anyone like C.Ronaldo in the teams who likes to prance about like a tart. Was a good passing game off football.

I was in your team mate, really enjoyed the game...

I am also more than happy if Jambosean wants to keep the kitty and tally it up....in fact, I think we would all prefer if he had it rather than the bank with the feckin state they are in..!!

Heading out to play at Bathgate tonight and I'm aching from last night still..!!

aitcheeayartees

The Kickbacker's kitty has the grand total of ?9 profit at the moment......... provided we dont :

1. make any rash signings,

2. allow any ex submariners near our cash,

3. become victims of the credit crunch,

4. try to develop our current stadium........well astro pitch.

Then we should be okay!

Keep this up and Setanta might want in on the action as there were a few crackin goals last night!.............. failin that you've been framed instead:biglaugh:

aitcheeayartees

I was in your team, old white away top.

Ibrahim Tall

Heading out to play at Bathgate tonight and I'm aching from last night still..!!

Ditto, the 6-a-side league thing? Time you playing at?

Destruction Derby

Happy enough to have 1 person keeping all the money, will be a good idea to have it block booked as when the better weather comes in (hopefully) then it might be harder trying to get a pitch but if we block book then thst pretty much guarantees that the kickback 5 asides continue.

Whats everyone elses thoughts on the teams?? i thought they were pretty even and think we should keep them as is. Keep a record of the results and the team that lost the most has to get in a extra round when we go for our end of season swally?

Destruction Derby

hutchie, I was calling you clutchie all night apologies. need to get ma lugs cleaned oot!!

Been called worse, could have said my first name (Craig) but then it would have been too confusing for our team.

Greedy_Jambo

Hey! Just you wait untill i get fit. heh.

Ditto, the 6-a-side league thing? Time you playing at?

Not a league game mate, we have a 5 a side bounce game every Monday night at half 8. (Pitch 2 tonight)

Greedy_Jambo
Not a league game mate, we have a 5 a side bounce game every Monday night at half 8. (Pitch 2 tonight)

8.30!? There was me about to ask how many people minded if we played at 6.30 instead of 7.30 on a sunday. I just think its a bit late. its like nearly 9pm when i get in and im putting my dinner on! I sit and do pretty much F-all on sundays and i thought most folk did the same! why wait untill 7.30 to play!?

Have to say the walk up to Kirknewton to get a train this morning wasn't one of the easiest things i've ever done...

If anyone's wondering I was the nonce with Clum style yellow boots. Enjoyed the game, hopefully i'll manage to increase my tally of 3 goals next week!

Ibrahim Tall
8.30!? There was me about to ask how many people minded if we played at 6.30 instead of 7.30 on a sunday. I just think its a bit late. its like nearly 9pm when i get in and im putting my dinner on! I sit and do pretty much F-all on sundays and i thought most folk did the same! why wait untill 7.30 to play!?

Could be worse, i'm playing at 9:30 tonight. :yawn:

Most of us Monday night guys find half 8 great......enough time to get the kids tucked up in bed then head out for the game...!!

Greedy_Jambo
Most of us Monday night guys find half 8 great......enough time to get the kids tucked up in bed then head out for the game...!!

Thats fair enough m8 but my question still goes for sundays. How many of you wouldn't mind playing an hour earlier? Maybe even get a bit of daylight in there for good measure.

Leave yer wife's to tuck the kids away, thats what they're there for.

Destruction Derby

Have to say i prefer half 7 but depends what everyone else says. enjoy lazing about watching super sunday or if there is a decent game on setanta i watch that, after the 4 o'clock kick off is finished i then go and make dinner before 5's.

Plus that extra hour is sometimes the difference between struggling after 10 mins or spewing after 10 mins depending how the saturday night goes.

Goose Baxter

As for the half 6 question, I dont know how many people has their dinner before the game but i think playing at half 6 would be too soon to play for people having the dinner before then. That extra hour is needed for me anyway.

But i will go with the flow and just to what the majority of people decide.

You've got to think about people who do other stuff through the day at the weekend (inc me). Sunday nights tend to be clear for most people and moving to earlier time would start to encrouch on "family life".

Performance

Agree with Grant that 7.30 is a good time on a Sunday night.

James I was the one in your team with the Blue Umbro Top on.

Feeling my groin a bit today after tweaking it last night, hopefully be i'll be fit enough for next week as I really enjoyed that last night.

Goose Baxter

Feeling my groin a bit today after tweaking it last night, hopefully be i'll be fit enough for next week as I really enjoyed that last night.

Nice one, So good to put faces to posters lol

1-0 to the non bibs

You really should feel and tweak your groin so much.

PS: I was the one in the new Hearts home top.

Can we assume everyone who played on Sunday is playing this Sunday without everyone having to add to this thread? (I am BTW)

Archived