5's in west lothian

vlad on the tyne

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Destruction Derby
8 players would be fine for me. The best thing would be to get it started one week then we can take it from there if we get more people interested then that would be a bonus. We might need to start it next week by the looks of things but Id defo make that.

So we are looking at Sunday the 1st of March at 7.00? Is anyone a member at Bannatynes to get it cheaper and book it.

My mate is a member so if you can phone up and tell them your a member and give then a name then i could do it, if you need it on the night then we would be screwed cause its his photo thats on it and not mine, or i could possibly get him to book it for us. was there not somebody at the start of this thread that has a membership?

8 players would be fine for me. The best thing would be to get it started one week then we can take it from there if we get more people interested then that would be a bonus. We might need to start it next week by the looks of things but Id defo make that.

So we are looking at Sunday the 1st of March at 7.00? Is anyone a member at Bannatynes to get it cheaper and book it.

Would anyone play up at bathgate sports centre or craigswood sports centre as the pitches there are the astro grass and the pitch up at bannantynes is not the fred west.

Still the same price

Any thoughts

Im staying in sighthill now and i couldn't be any more unfit. I'd love to get back playing football again though and i don't mind traveling to livi.

basher the jambo

As i said i would be up for a game and could get a few guys. If its a Sunday im out untill the charity match in april after that im fine.

Destruction Derby

i'm easy to play at either bannantynes, bathgate or craigswood, not 100% sure where the pitches are at craigswood but wont be hard to find.

basher the jambo
i'm easy to play at either bannantynes, bathgate or craigswood, not 100% sure where the pitches are at craigswood but wont be hard to find.

Behide the sport center mate.

Destruction Derby

played on the pitches quite a few times before, just never needed to drive so never really paid attention to where the sports centre actually was. got a rough idea though so won't be hard to find.

vlad on the tyne

I am defo up for 5's on a sunday night couldn't give a Riordan's arse where we play.

Looks like we have the numbers to play next sunday.

To get this up and running a venue needs to be booked asap.

I will give craigswood a call tomorrow morning and see about pitch availability for next sunday at 7pm?

Destruction Derby

thats fine by me, although i'm in the same boat as you, i can play anywhere so will see where will be easist and best place for the others, availability might also come into it.

I am working next sunday, nightshift. Which puts me out the picture. What about a midweek game?

But i would defo be up for wplaying on sundays, Just not next sunday. :mad:

vlad on the tyne
I am working next sunday, nightshift. Which puts me out the picture. What about a midweek game?

But i would defo be up for wplaying on sundays, Just not next sunday. :mad:

take a sicky :laugh:

I would be able to play midweek too but would have to be after 6.30pm

Regards venue, I will find out about craigswood tomorrow morning. If we can get this up and running we can discuss venues, dates and times after the 1st game which makes it easier than doing it on KB.

take a sicky :laugh:

I would be able to play midweek too but would have to be after 6.30pm

Regards venue, I will find out about craigswood tomorrow morning. If we can get this up and running we can discuss venues, dates and times after the 1st game which makes it easier than doing it on KB.

I am fine all this week regarding evenings, i know all you guys had decided to do this before but i think the pitches at bannantynes are gash. The ones at b/gate & c/woods are astro grass and are a better playing surface.

How many goalies do we have? As i play in goals and as Distruction Derby will tell you my outfield playing skills are not so good. I couldnt even get a game for Hibs!!!

So what are the list of names that we have for 5vs then?

Also would people be up for a mid-week game and a sunday game?

Get a couple of games down us then we can go pump the soap dodgers through the west.

Destruction Derby

I can play during the week aswel long as i'm given a few days notice, long as its about half 7ish though.

Count me in for this sunday if we manage to get it booked.

vlad on the tyne

craigswood have pitches available at 6.30 and 7.30 for next sunday

only downside is payment has to be made when booking

if we can get a definite 10 asap I will book it

I don't know anyone on here personally. But if ye need someone to make up the numbers.. pm me. I can play weekdays after 6pm and weekends and have a car. woot woot. Wouldnae mind getting back into football as i still have chip on my shoulder for not making it professional. Especially when i see someone of the players these days getting paid over the odds for there crap performances.

Destruction Derby

sorry to post so late, just logged back onto the net but i'm definately up for playing aswell, also have a car, would prob be better if it was half 7 for me but if everyone else can only make it half 6 i'm easy. hopefully few more members sign up. hopefully get it booked soon so i can look forward to it.

i'll play as long as it doesn't matter that a: i'm pash and b: i make nade look anerexic(sp).

i'm trying to lose weight so this second game every week plus my recent rejoining of the gym will be helpfull.

vlad on the tyne
id be up for playing too if someone could pm the details.

cheers.

I cant send pm's m8

you are more than welcome to play though

names no far:

Vlad on the tyne

Destruction Derby

The Dazzler

aitcheeyartees

broxburn jambo

jambosean75

stef112

Nino Brown

Superted is a Jambo

ec jambo

Anymore additions?

Its 39 quid for the pitch I will book tonight once I get confirmations to the above as don't want to end up out of pocket. Finding one or 2 players if required wouldnt be a problem.

I cant send pm's m8

you are more than welcome to play though

names no far:

Vlad on the tyne

Destruction Derby

The Dazzler

aitcheeyartees

broxburn jambo

jambosean75

stef112

Nino Brown

Superted is a Jambo

ec jambo

Anymore additions?

Its 39 quid for the pitch I will book tonight once I get confirmations to the above as don't want to end up out of pocket. Finding one or 2 players if required wouldnt be a problem.

Pay the fiver and you will be able to send pm's ya cheap scate :D

You will have to take my name off for this sunday Vlad as i am working :arghh:

I work nights every 3rd sunday

Im in for Sunday. I would prefer half 7 if thats ok with everyone else. Craigswood is also fine instead of Bannatynes. Not played on the astro grass pitches before but Im sure Ill still be able to show off my fancy footwork!

no1jambo may also be in I can let him know about it today and see what he says. He may have a dinner to attend but Il get him told that fitbaw is the better option.

Destruction Derby

I can also play on sunday, preferably at half 7 aswell but could play at anytime, was going to hit the boozer to watch the spurs game but up for playing 5's instead, if we need players i could possibly get another player if needed, hopefully will get the numbers, if not definately get something organised for next again week.

Im interested in what people's fitness levels are like. Mine is currently shocking lol. I litrally have not kicked a ball in over a year. Anyone else in the same boat or will stand out like a sore thumb.

Destruction Derby
Im interested in what people's fitness levels are like. Mine is currently shocking lol. I litrally have not kicked a ball in over a year. Anyone else in the same boat or will stand out like a sore thumb.

Same as yourself mate, was definately not the best player when we played but a not bad finisher on my day, was 1 of the fitter players who ran about the full hour tiring out the oposing team but not played in about 6 months, me and the Dazzler were talking about it about a week ago how we had not played in ages then remembered about this thread so hopefully get back to playing regularly again.

You need to start somewhere i suppose. I'll just need to wear a nade top or something. What size is the pitch?

Sorry guys this Sunday is a no-go for me, out for dinner for my 21st with the rellies.

Will definately be up for a game though, sundays are usually fine for me.

aitcheeayartees

Just realising that most of you are about half my age!!!!!

If you can put up with an oldie then im happy to play.

cheers

Destruction Derby

age won't be a problem mate,not for me anyone, as we were all taught as a youngster, its the taking part thats count,

Destruction Derby
Just to say youse will definitely be getting pumped when you take on glasgow fives.

Give us a few weeks to get ourself sorted out then see how we get on.

Just to say youse will definitely be getting pumped when you take on glasgow fives.

Can I play a half on each side, testimonial style?!

Where about do you lot play the Glasgow games out of interest?

vlad on the tyne

weegie jambos have still to travel to west lothian, its a hard place to get a result a will love it if we beat em, looooove it!:D

Can I play a half on each side, testimonial style?!

Where about do you lot play the Glasgow games out of interest?

the cheeky answer would be glasgow but the actual answer is the townhead powerleague pitches near the bus station.

your gonna get pumped!!

Don't suppose anyone fancies a game at Craigswood today at 5:30? ?4

We (workmates) play there ever Tuesday but are short today

hawd on... see this game at livi... is it actually against another team that plays together regularly? cos thats just nuts. I thought 2 teams where gonna be made out of random jambos from here.

hawd on... see this game at livi... is it actually against another team that plays together regularly? cos thats just nuts. I thought 2 teams where gonna be made out of random jambos from here.

To start off with mate its just Jambos from West Lothian. Hopefully we can get ten of us. Some of us know each other some of us dont. I only know no1jambo who cannot play on Sunday so ill be a stranger to everyone. We'll just do numbers or whatever when we get there on Sunday.

The glasgow fives team are wanting a take on with five of us at some stage but that will not be for another few weeks or so.

*If we do need any other players Im sure ill be able to get someone who isnt a Jambo and probably fairly last minute aswell if we get call offs.*

To start off with mate its just Jambos from West Lothian. Hopefully we can get ten of us. Some of us know each other some of us dont. I only know no1jambo who cannot play on Sunday so ill be a stranger to everyone. We'll just do numbers or whatever when we get there on Sunday.

The glasgow fives team are wanting a take on with five of us at some stage but that will not be for another few weeks or so.

*If we do need any other players Im sure ill be able to get someone who isnt a Jambo and probably fairly last minute aswell if we get call offs.*

Ok, cool. I'm going for a wee kickabout the night just to see how much i struggle. If i don't die i'll try and squeeze another run around in before sunday so that i'm no completely useless :)

Destruction Derby

Just spoken to my hun mate and he said he should be able to play on sunday if he is needed, obviously sooner we know the numbers the better so we can arrange for back ups if needed.

Archived