5's in west lothian

vlad on the tyne

vlad on the tyne
Whats the quickest way to get to this place from sighthill?

m8 take junction 3 for livi then down to houston industrial estate and take a right at grange road and follow that road up to craigswood, ur cutting it fine m8 so fit to the floor.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant get anyone else to play either. Least if there is 8 it will be even numbers and all you need to do is pay another pound or so. Im wearing my Scotland top just to be a bit different from everyone else as Im guessing there will be alot of Hearts tops flying about.

Greedy_Jambo

I was the unfit git with the black trackies and old hearts home top. The one that kept having to go off and stopped runnnig for balls after about 20 mins.

My legs are completely dead. Enjoyed it though.

aitcheeayartees
Right, who the feck was who the night? :tongue:

Thats what I was thinkin! I was the old guy in the Hearts home top, 3/4 blue adidas bottoms, also have tattoos on arms an legs! ........................ the one who was runnin about like a headless chicken!:lol:

enjoyed it though!away for a good soaknow and look forward to next week.

cheers

charlie

Destruction Derby

enjoyed it aswell, had the old hummel windbreaker on, hopefully after a few weeks be more used to it, first time i have kicked a ball in about 6 months.

Performance

Sorry boys as i missed the thread for the game tonight.

Craigawood just up the road for me and could bring +1 next week

PM me if game on next Sunday so i don't miss it

Right, who the feck was who the night? :tongue:

LOL. I was the one in the never-been-worn-before new hearts top and black joggers. With my shooting display I dont think I can utter another bad word against Clum or Mole!

Good game tonight - definately up for next week.

Ibrahim Tall

Ah right, good to put a few names to faces. I was the one in the Barcelona top.

Was pretty good like definetly be up for next week.

vlad on the tyne

Cheers for coming along tonight guys, really enjoyed the game. good to sweat out the bevvy with a game of soccer. hopefully we can get this running weekly.

I was wearing the reebok training top, first game for too long am going to be stiff 2moro.

bibs would be a good shout for next week (anyone got a set?)

anyone else up for booking it next week?

Destruction Derby

definately up for playing next week. could see what prices are for bibs if nobody has got a set and we could all maybe pay ?5 next week then the change that we have over after the pitch has been booked could go towards a set.

jambosean75

i was the guy who makes nade look slim.

can i make a suggestion for next week. most games i've played in revolve the keepers a goal at a time. helps keep everybody fresh.

Greedy_Jambo

Home hearts tops and away hearts tops would do the trick. Would have to make the teams beforehand though.

vlad on the tyne

good shout mate, it would make it easier to pick out who is on your team.

we will have to arrange numbers and book for next sunday pretty soon. pitch availability at craigswood could become an issue if we don't get ourselves organised and booked up by wednesday.

but as was suggested there are other venues such as bannatynes.

Greedy_Jambo

Aye. I remember passing it straight to the guy on the other team at one point lol. Count me in for next week m8. I don't mind playing during the week either once the fitness is up.

Right im off to bed. Catch yiz all later :D

Destruction Derby

good idea about the home and away tops, how would we go about making teams though??

aitcheeayartees

I think i can organise some bibs for next week.

they will all be size large but cannae see that being a problem.

there are also 5's pitches up by me in east calder which i will check out if need be.

see you all next sun.

charlie

Goose Baxter

I was going to pop up tonight and see how it was going but i had a job to go to in Edinburgh.

I am day shift next sunday so i can defo play. I am utter gash outfiled so i am a goal keeper.

DD knows how good i am in goals. Aint that right son?

Greedy_Jambo
good idea about the home and away tops, how would we go about making teams though??

Take everyones ages... for example 21, 24, 26, 32, 36, 39 or whatever..

Team A: 21, 26, 36...

Team B: 24, 32, 39... and so on.

Or something along those lines.

Or even just hand pick the teams by fitness and ability so that we have 2 even sides.

I was the guy in the Scotland top. Sorry I was late guys but I could not find Craigswood Sports Centre. Its been years since I played there and even then I was a young lad and probably didnt pay much attention to where I was going!

Anyway I made it in the end. It was a good game and Ill be there next week. 'no1jambo' should also make it next week so we should get ten kickbackers. Regarding the pitches in East Calder I think it is ?50 quid for an hour. Bloody expensive if you ask me. No wonder kids/adults cant be bothered playing football and would rather stay in and watch the telly than have to pay these prices to kick a ball around for an hour.

Alright guys, I would be up for this, i'm free on Sunday evenings and I live 5 minutes away in Pumpherston. I play at the Corn Exchange on a Monday night and outdoors at Craigswood on a Tuesday after work.

Jambosean75, how you getting on big fella? It's Barkey

Destruction Derby
Take everyones ages... for example 21, 24, 26, 32, 36, 39 or whatever..

Team A: 21, 26, 36...

Team B: 24, 32, 39... and so on.

Or something along those lines.

Or even just hand pick the teams by fitness and ability so that we have 2 even sides.

Good idea about fitness and ability wise,once we have played for another week or so will be better to guage most peoples ability. looks like we have got quite a few people wanting a game next week already.

jambosean75
Alright guys, I would be up for this, i'm free on Sunday evenings and I live 5 minutes away in Pumpherston. I play at the Corn Exchange on a Monday night and outdoors at Craigswood on a Tuesday after work.

Jambosean75, how you getting on big fella? It's Barkey

no too bad bud. my first time on the outdoor pitch. it's a better surface at craigswood than the corn exchange. pity it's not covered.

no too bad bud. my first time on the outdoor pitch. it's a better surface at craigswood than the corn exchange. pity it's not covered.

Aye it's a good surface, bit smoother than the Corn Exchange, hate the metal fences though, the ball pings off them at some rate! I don't mind it not being covered, but over the winter we've had some interesting games when there's been heavy rain or some snow = lethal

Greedy_Jambo

Is anyone still suffering from sunday? My legs are absolutely killing me. You should see me trying to get up and down the stairs at work. Clinging on to the banister like an old man.

All right folks, glad to hear the game went well last week.

As Doug (ecjambo) said, I'm bang up for a game this week, just unfortunate my birthday happened to get in the way last time! Got a game at Tynecastle on the 29th of March so need to get in some training before then.

Is anyone still suffering from sunday? My legs are absolutely killing me. You should see me trying to get up and down the stairs at work. Clinging on to the banister like an old man.

I was feeling the old left hammy yesterday. However a weeks rest will sort me right out before the next game. Has the pitch been booked for Sunday yet? I could maybe phone up to get a price for East Calder just to compare I think they are the same type of pitches. However if Craigswood is easier for everyone to get to then thats fine by me. I know where im going now!

Glad to hear this game got going and everyone is now hurting..!!

If numbers are still required I am still up for it (just refer to my post #39 on this thread tho..!!)

aitcheeayartees

Thats the bibs sorted out! Now there is no excuse for passes goin astray!!!!!

Glad to hear you young ones legs are hurting too :lol:

Are we booked for sun yet?

aitcheeayartees
All right folks, glad to hear the game went well last week.

As Doug (ecjambo) said, I'm bang up for a game this week, just unfortunate my birthday happened to get in the way last time! Got a game at Tynecastle on the 29th of March so need to get in some training before then.

Im playin in that too (left midfeild home team) what position are you?

Destruction Derby

I'm up for this weekend, was feeling it a bit on monday morning but ok now. loking forward to it if we can get it booked again.

Destruction Derby

if we can get enough players is anyone else from livi able to book? stay through in Whitburn so bit of a trek, dont mind it for the game but bit of a nightmare to book it, 15-20 min drive (If stick to speed limit). Going to the game tomorrow night aswell so won't be able to book it tomorrow anyway.

aitcheeayartees

That's the pitch booked for 7.30pm on Sunday.

I booked it over the phone and paid by debit card. ?39.

can you all confirm you can play by adding you name below.

Cheers

Charlie

jambosean75
That's the pitch booked for 7.30pm on Sunday.

I booked it over the phone and paid by debit card. ?39.

can you all confirm you can play by adding you name below.

Cheers

Charlie

i'm in

Destruction Derby

Just had it confirmed by text that The Dazzler can play but he aint able to come on the net to add his name, i'm sure he will confirm himself next time he's online.

Goose Baxter
Just had it confirmed by text that The Dazzler can play but he aint able to come on the net to add his name, i'm sure he will confirm himself next time he's online.
poor mans Myles Hogarth can play. Cheers DD, unsing the via the mobile

aitcheeayartees

Confirmed players for Sunday are:

Aitcheeayartees

Jambosean75

Nino Brown

Destruction Derby

The Dazzler

Copy and paste your name to the list

cheers

charlie

Destruction Derby

what are we doing if we get over the 10 players? is it first come first served or is it priority to the people that turned up last week? notice there are a few people that played last week that aint online according to their KB status. Vlad on the tyne, stef112, ecjambo.although they all mentioned they would play, just not been added to the list yet.

aitcheeayartees
what are we doing if we get over the 10 players? is it first come first served or is it priority to the people that turned up last week? notice there are a few people that played last week that aint online according to their KB status. Vlad on the tyne, stef112, ecjambo.although they all mentioned they would play, just not been added to the list yet.

Good point DD. My preference would be priority given to those who played last week. That would only seem fair.

Good point DD. My preference would be priority given to those who played last week. That would only seem fair.

That's only fair but add me to the stand by list if you want guys.

We play on a Monday night at Bathgate but need more sessions to get into shape..!!

Destruction Derby

thats what i would say, should have 2 extra places though as we only had the 8 kickbackers last week.

vlad on the tyne

Aitcheeayartees

Jambosean75

Nino Brown

Destruction Derby

The Dazzler

Vlad on the tyne

Copy and paste your name to the list

cheers

charlie

am in!

Originally Posted by aitcheeayartees

Aitcheeayartees

Jambosean75

Nino Brown

Destruction Derby

The Dazzler

Vlad on the tyne

GrantMac

Performance

Originally Posted by aitcheeayartees

Aitcheeayartees

Jambosean75

Nino Brown

Destruction Derby

The Dazzler

Vlad on the tyne

GrantMac

Superted is a jambo

aitcheeayartees

Aitcheeayartees

Jambosean75

Nino Brown

Destruction Derby

The Dazzler

Vlad on the tyne

GrantMac

Superted is a jambo

steff112

ecjambo

no1jambo

moz

Thats 12 wanting to play. 8 from last week plus 4................ 6 aside anyone?

Archived