The Dazzler

Vlad on the tyne

GrantMac

Superted is a jambo

steff112

ecjambo

no1jambo

moz

Thats 12 wanting to play. 8 from last week plus 4................ 6 aside anyone?

Might be a tad tight with 6v6 as the pitch is on the small side. Having said that I wouldn't mind. Will we have 2 goalies?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goose Baxter
Might be a tad tight with 6v6 as the pitch is on the small side. Having said that I wouldn't mind. Will we have 2 goalies?

Im a goalie, You have one at least

jambosean75

it's better to aim for 12. if somebody drops out at the last moment, somebody else will usually drop out as well(hung over or whatever) and your still left with 10.

if we all chip in ?4 a head every week, we will end up with a kitty that we can use to buy balls,bibs whatever and more importantly, a night out at the end of the year.

Goose Baxter
it's better to aim for 12. if somebody drops out at the last moment, somebody else will usually drop out as well(hung over or whatever) and your still left with 10.

if we all chip in ?4 a head every week, we will end up with a kitty that we can use to buy balls,bibs whatever and more importantly, a night out at the end of the year.

Sounds like a plan Sean

Destruction Derby

would be happy to play with 6 each aswell, mean each team could have a sub, rather than the 1 rolling sub so we would not need to swap the teams about and stuff as that was quite confusing at times aswell, well for me anyway

For what it's worth, 6 a sides @ Craigswood is very busy, bit like pin ball!!

I realise i'm not playing this week, but we've played 6's in there a couple of times and it's not as enjoyable. The park is too tight, unlike Corn Exchange.

Happy to add my name as a standby as you already have plenty for this week, i'll stick my e-mail address on my profile though, give me a shout if you're short. I'll check my e-mails on Sunday afternoon.

Cheers

If all 12 turn up for Sunday we can try playing 6 a side and see how that goes or just have a rolling sub for each team. Least we now have enough players interested then in the future if anyone has work/other arrangements we should have enough cover to at least get 10 players.

Sean that shout for getting a kitty going sounds fine for me. Especially for a end of season **** up!

Greedy_Jambo

Having subs is ok if your knackered and need a rest (like me) but what about the folk that pay the money for a full game of football and don't have a problem fitness wise? Not sure they'll be happy sitting watching from the sidelines.

Having subs is ok if your knackered and need a rest (like me) but what about the folk that pay the money for a full game of football and don't have a problem fitness wise? Not sure they'll be happy sitting watching from the sidelines.

I see your point Stef but I think we are all just happy that a weekly game has finally started in West Lothian. Im one of the younger ones that could probably play the whole game but I would be happy to get subbed on and off a few times if it meant we were going to get enough people to play every week. If we did turn people away one week because we have too many players you might find that they wouldnt want to turn up the next week because of this.

We can see how it works out this Sunday if we get the full 12, either playing 6 a side or having a rolling sub. In the future we can always try to book the Corn Exchange as they are bigger pitches i think. Even Heriot Watt you could probably get away with 6 a side.

vlad on the tyne

its quality we are getting so much interest in 5s on a sunday hopefully it gets to the stage it arranges itself-the booking upfront is a pain the erse though.

corn ex is a good idea for a once a month game. a beer kitty is a good idea it could also pay for the travel expenses to far off glesga to turn over those weegie hertz basturts :clown:

Destruction Derby

also happy were getting a game every week. used to play twice a week but not played in about 6 months so good to get back into it. if we can get a good amount of players it would be good to get a game in the corn exchange on the "academy" pitch. good idea about the bevvy/travel fund.

aitcheeayartees
For what it's worth, 6 a sides @ Craigswood is very busy, bit like pin ball!!

I realise i'm not playing this week, but we've played 6's in there a couple of times and it's not as enjoyable. The park is too tight, unlike Corn Exchange.

Happy to add my name as a standby as you already have plenty for this week, i'll stick my e-mail address on my profile though, give me a shout if you're short. I'll check my e-mails on Sunday afternoon.

Cheers

Sorry jambo83. I never noticed your ealier post, (wanting to play this sunday), before i started the confirmed list. :oopsoops:

I reckon 5 a side with a rolling sub each would probably work out fairly well. It's obviously gonna make it cheaper for everyone as well so no complaints from the tight student!

Performance

If it's ****ing down or minus 3 degrees you won't want to be standing about on the sidelines though.

I would give it a bash with 6 V 6 and see how it goes

Sorry jambo83. I never noticed your ealier post, (wanting to play this sunday), before i started the confirmed list. :oopsoops:

No bother mate, give me a shout if you need me though, and i'd be up for next week.

So where is everyone from that is involved? Tell us a bit about yourself, Cilla Black style :clown:

I'm 25, live in Pumpherston, moved there from West Calder 1 1/2 years ago, play 6's on a Monday night at Corn Exchange and 5's on a Tuesday evening at Craigswood.

Greedy_Jambo
No bother mate, give me a shout if you need me though, and i'd be up for next week.

So where is everyone from that is involved? Tell us a bit about yourself, Cilla Black style :clown:

I'm 25, live in Pumpherston, moved there from West Calder 1 1/2 years ago, play 6's on a Monday night at Corn Exchange and 5's on a Tuesday evening at Craigswood.

Im 26, staying in sighthill but im from east calder. My knee is still bloody sore from last sunday so there's a chance i might have to pull out this sunday.

Obviously hoping i'll be ok for sunday night but if im not, you can take my place m8. I'll let everyone know sunday afternoon.

vlad on the tyne
Im 26, staying in sighthill but im from east calder. My knee is still blood sore from last sunday so there's a chance i might have to pull out this sunday.

Obviously hoping i'll be ok for sunday night but if im not, you can take my place m8. I'll let everyone know sunday afternoon.

ARE U TULLBERG IN DISGUISE :afro:

I'm 31. live in Livingston after spending 27 years in edinburgh.love the 5's for the banter and the excercise. looking forward to the night out where I can really show my dribbling skills after a few wife beaters :clown:

Greedy_Jambo
ARE U TULLBERG IN DISGUISE :afro:

I'm 31. live in Livingston after spending 27 years in edinburgh.love the 5's for the banter and the excercise. looking forward to the night out where I can really show my dribbling skills after a few wife beaters :clown:

C'mon, atleast i scored a few goals. Tullbergs got a lot of work to do to get up to my standard.

Im showing off my dribbling skills the night. The beers are well and truely out!

Im just wondering whether to get a chinese,chippy or a pizzahut for my late night pished as a fart dinner.

Any suggestions?

aitcheeayartees

"here's our graham with a quick reminder".............................................................................................................

Im 44 and from Penicuik originally, now living in East Calder. Not played for years but keen to get back in to a regular runabout. Last week however, the head was telling the legs what to do but "feck you!" was the reply. Ive seen milk turn quicker but somebody once compared me to Gary Mckay.......................................................................................

well they said "compared to Gary Mckay your pish!"

roll on Sunday!

Charlie

Greedy_Jambo

Unlike me your good at heeding the baw charlie! i mind a right quality header from you out of our box and nearly into theres!. Was impressed with that like.

Performance

I'm 36 stayed in Livingston (Craigshill)for 31 years after moving through from Edinburgh.

Play at the Corn Exchange with boys from work once a week but want to get more games to keep the middle aged spread at bay.

jambosean75

i'm 33 and i live in bathgate.

i play(poorly) at the indoor pitch at craigswood every thursday.

this extra game along with my recent rejoining of the gym is my atempt to get my weight back down a bit.

looking forward to sunday.

jambosean75
Aitcheeayartees home

Jambosean75 away

Nino Brown home

Destruction Derby away

The Dazzler home

Vlad on the tyne away

GrantMac home

Superted is a jambo away

steff112 home

ecjambo away

no1jambo home

moz away

Thats 12 wanting to play. 8 from last week plus 4................ 6 aside anyone?

home team wears maroon, away team wears white. totally random draw. if it ends up to onesided we can always swap it around for next week.

how does everyone feel about it.

jambosean75
i managed to get bibs remember ha ha!

its fitba, no a fashion show:clown:

it's going to have to be a damn big bib to fit me.

aitcheeayartees
it's going to have to be a damn big bib to fit me.

guess you no in the bibs team then big guy!

Destruction Derby

Teams look ok on paper, as u say we can see how it goes and if needed we can change them about. i will wear my away top anyway then we can sort out the bibs. as for the cilla black question. i'm 21, stay through in whitburn, thats where the half weedgie voice comes from. usually do all the running about like a heidless chicken without really doing much but fitness aint up to scratch. always seem to miss the sitters but score the more less obvious efforts, enjoy attempting overhead kicks and difficult chances rather than putting my fit throu the baw incase the skill skool cameras from sky sports are watching :D

vlad on the tyne
C'mon, atleast i scored a few goals. Tullbergs got a lot of work to do to get up to my standard.

Im showing off my dribbling skills the night. The beers are well and truely out!

Im just wondering whether to get a chinese,chippy or a pizzahut for my late night pished as a fart dinner.

Any suggestions?

buy them all mate, go dutch!

vlad on the tyne
"here's our graham with a quick reminder".............................................................................................................

Im 44 and from Penicuik originally, now living in East Calder. Not played for years but keen to get back in to a regular runabout. Last week however, the head was telling the legs what to do but "feck you!" was the reply. Ive seen milk turn quicker but somebody once compared me to Gary Mckay.......................................................................................

well they said "compared to Gary Mckay your pish!"

roll on Sunday!

Charlie

regards the gary mackay comparison ,did you own a pub? :clown:

Guys,

If there are 12 names wanting a game, and if it is going to be too tight for 6 a side then preference has to got to the original 10 from last week.

Don't play 6 a side just to suit guys like me that missed last week but want a game, saying that tho, just let me know if that's what you want to do and I am there...........just tell me where and when the games are.

Oh, forgot that A/S/L thing.........

I'm ages with Superted, live beside Jambosean in Bathgate and by the sounds of it the same size as Jambosean..!!

Greedy_Jambo

Moz has a point. What happens if there's 14 people wanting a game next week?

We'l need to have an A and a B team and start booking 2 pitches!

Maybe eventually we can save up for a stadium and apply to join the scottish league? If we all pay ?5 a week..... ha.

Goose Baxter

i didnt play last week due to work. But would like to play this weekend as i am defo available so if you do go down that route can i be the 1st reserve name available please?

Greedy_Jambo

Im confused. Did we no have 9? there was 3 randoms mind you. Infact everyone was a random. Its still no any clearer.

Who's aw playing the morro? If yer playing say ohhhh yessssss.

Destruction Derby

i'm sure we had 8, plus the 3 random guys mate it 11, which is why we had the extra player.

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YYESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Greedy_Jambo

Mind dougie fae east calder turned up late though. Did we only have 7 before that?

Destruction Derby

it was 5 aside till he turned up, definately had 3 non kickbackers though. positive anyway, or was i still drunk from my dundee escapade? u have got me starting to doubt myself now. hhhmmmmmmmmm

Greedy_Jambo

F.knows. Thinking back to last sunday... i don't see a problem having 6 players on each team. There was plenty of space in my defence for another man.

Destruction Derby

yeah, i dont see the problem either with 6 aside, means if need be at the worst we have subs, i will no doubt be knackered after about 15-20 mins anyway, plus as said before, more money for the weedgie trip/ night out fund :D

Goose Baxter

well if there was only 8 kickbacker's last week then i call shot gun for place no9 or oooohhhhh yyyeeesssss as a previous post requested.

Destruction Derby
well if there was only 8 kickbacker's last week then i call shot gun for place no9 or oooohhhhh yyyeeesssss as a previous post requested.

Well u and superted is a jambo were the first to put ure names down after the game on sunday so it could be use. depends what other kickbackers say/think.

Destruction Derby

I have been drinking since half6 so not taking the decision of deciding who can and cannot play. will find out soon no doubt.

Destruction Derby

i think i will take this oppertunity to appoligise to whosever team i'm in tomorrow. cant see me doing many lung busting runs, maybe the 1 at most aka stampy style. more than likely be the neil lennon (boo!) role i will be playing tomorrow unless i miraculously wake up without any ill effects off todays episodes which i find unlikely.

See you all in a few hours.

vlad on the tyne

Idea for a bit banter......The yellow jersey :qqb003:

The worst player from the previous week is voted for during the week on KB. The player selected then has to wear the "yellow jumper" that never gets washed and is covered in slaggings for the next game played?

Thoughts?

Goose Baxter

going by dd's coments it looks like it could be him that wears the yellow top as ive even played 5vs with him when he's been pished ha ha p.s just looked out the window and its chucking it down with snow. So lets hope it stops soon and melts.

Destruction Derby

Good idea about the yellow jerzey if we manage to get 1, as for me wearing it, maybe not yet, thankfully a tesco breakfast has done the business. so what are we doing about getting 2 other players added to the 8 we had last week????

jambosean75

i suggest that we go with the 12 and that way we'll find out if park is big enough.

it certainly seemed wide enough last week.

Archived