5's in west lothian

vlad on the tyne

vlad on the tyne

anyone up for a getting a weekly game set up maybe in Livi or Broxburn?

add your name to the list if interested

Vlad on the tyne

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
basher the jambo

Yeah there is mate, Not sure how much it would cost a week. We trained up there acouple of weeks ago and the out door parks were ?40 an hour. Not sure if they still hire the inside hall.

vlad on the tyne

Bump

Not looking for anything ultra competitive just a weekly kick about to get some fitness as getting a fat barsteward with all the hours in my taxi. Could even get a game set up with the weegie jambos!

basher the jambo
Bump

Not looking for anything ultra competitive just a weekly kick about to get some fitness as getting a fat barsteward with all the hours in my taxi. Could even get a game set up with the weegie jambos!

There is about 6 of the charity team from around here im sure we could work something out for a kick about.

basher the jambo

I will be up for it when i get back to running mate, I broke my leg 13 weeks ago i think i will still be out for another 6 weeks.

vlad on the tyne
I'm up for that, I'm a member of Bannatynes and the peak price is ?25 for members.

ya dancer

well played MM

What night is best for everyone, what about a sunday night?.

Ibrahim Tall
I'm up for that, I'm a member of Bannatynes and the peak price is ?25 for members.

Ditto, pitches are pretty good like even if the goals are an odd shape. :tongue:

Be up for it if you can get something organised.

Ditto, pitches are pretty good like even if the goals are an odd shape. :tongue:

Be up for it if you can get something organised.

Craigswood outdoor surface's are good, but the stiff metal fences are horrendous. The ball comes back off them faster than it hit it!

Play there on a Tuesday after work, sorry to say there are no Miss West Lothian cheerleaders though. The only spectators I have seen are the stereotypical Livi teenage ma' with her buggy, or a ned with a devil dug :laugh:

are you still trying to get a game together. i would be interested as long as it's not to serious. i'm fairly pish and well overweight but i would turn up every week.

i play every thursday at craigswood and while i'm the worst player there, i'm reliable and at the end of the day you always need a couple like me to make the numbers.

cheers , sean

are you still trying to get a game together. i would be interested as long as it's not to serious. i'm fairly pish and well overweight but i would turn up every week.

i play every thursday at craigswood and while i'm the worst player there, i'm reliable and at the end of the day you always need a couple like me to make the numbers.

cheers , sean

Riorden...Fek off, You dinnae try a leg!! :tongue:

Riorden...Fek off, You dinnae try a leg!! :tongue:

i'm no having that.:mad:

i might make nade look slim , but i in no way resemble a rat.:laugh:

:108years::108years::108years::108years:

i'm no having that.:mad:

i might make nade look slim , but i in no way resemble a rat.:laugh:

:108years::108years::108years::108years:

I'll retract that post then...Too Far, I can see that...:o

Yo chaps. I would possibly be up for a game now and again. I might be a skinny bas but im fairly unfit after deciding not go to the gym for the last 6 months. Need to get back in shape both fives and gym wise so a few games will go down well. Got a few mates that might be interested too. Do they have to be jambos? Sunday nights would be a good shout for me.

Yo chaps. I would possibly be up for a game now and again. I might be a skinny bas but im fairly unfit after deciding not go to the gym for the last 6 months. Need to get back in shape both fives and gym wise so a few games will go down well. Got a few mates that might be interested too. Do they have to be jambos? Sunday nights would be a good shout for me.

Way to nail your colours to the mast! :laugh:

vlad on the tyne

Dont all have to be Jambos mate (better if it was:D) but its more about getting a regular game of 5's sorted tbh.

I'm fatboyslimfat, after a year of next to no real excercise I'm desperate to get a weekly game of 5s in west lothian up n running.

Why dont I suggest a time and venue and see how many players we get?

Venue:Bannatynes Livingston at the Alba Campus(maroon mayhem dependant he's a member therefore can get a pitch booked for ?25 sheets)

Date: Sunday January 25th

Time 7.00PM (may be subject to change)

Add your name to the list below if you can play, Cheers.

Vlad on the tyne

basher the jambo

I wouldnt be able to play on Sundays till after March. Im hoping to get into the Hearts charity team again and will be training with them on Sunday nights.

I'm up for a game, sunday's just now are fine but 7pm may be a bit late as I usually head back through to Glasgow on a sunday evening.

vlad on the tyne

names so far:

Vlad on the tyne

ec jambo

jambo no1

Jambosean75

Nino Brown

I can't send PM's but if people want to send their e-mail adds via PM to me I will start a mailing list or even a bebo page:mw_rolleyes: which makes it a bit easier to manage.

Maroon mayhem needs to get in touch to see if the date suggested at Bannatynes on Jan 25th can infact be booked.

:108years:

vlad on the tyne
names so far:

Vlad on the tyne

ec jambo

jambo no1

Jambosean75

Nino Brown

I can't send PM's but if people want to send their e-mail adds via PM to me I will start a mailing list or even a bebo page:mw_rolleyes: which makes it a bit easier to manage.

Maroon mayhem needs to get in touch to see if the date suggested at Bannatynes on Jan 25th can infact be booked.

:108years:

bttt

Im guessing this did not take place last Sunday. Sorry I could not make it guys. Not sure about this Sunday coming either. Going to Mussleburgh races during the day. It is looking like we need more people to get involved anyway.

vlad on the tyne
Im guessing this did not take place last Sunday. Sorry I could not make it guys. Not sure about this Sunday coming either. Going to Mussleburgh races during the day. It is looking like we need more people to get involved anyway.

no probs mate

we do need more numbers and a bit more organisation to get it up and running.

The People's Chimp
Bump

If you do get it set up then we'll definitely take you on!

basher the jambo

Once the charity match is over in March i can play and should be able to get a few other jambos along.

If you do get it set up then we'll definitely take you on!

defo up for a take on with these guys - if they get a game up and running could have a home and away leg to make it fair. corresponding strips will be worn of course.

our weeks of pre-season will see us conquer the west lothian 5's...;)

I could probably do most Sunday night's as well and could benefit from getting a regular game again.

vlad on the tyne

come on west lothian Jambos, we can make this happen.

Who would be up for 5's next sunday night in Livingston?.

Mate, if you are looking for someone who is 16 stone and "no that gid" then I would be up for a game, I could bring a body or two as well if required.....

We play every Monday night in Bathgate already......

Can't make next Sunday but after that count me in if you want, let me know.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Did this ever get the go-ahead as me and a fellow friend/kickbacker (distruction derby) would be rather interested in this as we are both from livingston.

We both havent played for a while and would like to get back into things.

Haha I am such a lazy b i actually looked at this thread and wondered if the route for the number 5 bus had been changed

I havent seen this thread in a while! Anyway I am still up for a game if we can get enough players. no1jambo will also play.

Well me and destruction derby want to play, so that is 3 of us so far :rolleyes:

I used to organise a Sunday morning kick about at Stew Mel for Kickbackers.

Must have been 4 odd years ago now but it was always a good laugh.

Think some of the members who used to come along are still posters.

Moncs, Spenny etc etc.

Anyone remember?

Well me and destruction derby want to play, so that is 3 of us so far :rolleyes:

4 mate. You (The Dazzler), destruction derby, no1jambo and me (ecjambo).

We are nearly half way there!

Destruction Derby

if worst came to the worst we could always play wi 8, 4 aside, be tiny bit dearer each though. used to do this regularly when we never had enough players. means more running about as the pitch will seem bigger but also means get more space and time on the ball, hopefully the others will see this thread then get in touch.

8 players would be fine for me. The best thing would be to get it started one week then we can take it from there if we get more people interested then that would be a bonus. We might need to start it next week by the looks of things but Id defo make that.

So we are looking at Sunday the 1st of March at 7.00? Is anyone a member at Bannatynes to get it cheaper and book it.

Archived