5's in west lothian

vlad on the tyne

I'll play again if needed lads. Last week was my debut, a losing one might I add for the bibs, but I was got a sore toe early on....

(That's my excuse, and i'm sticking to it....)

I'm not fussed if i'm with the bibbies, or non bibbies. I don't have a strong allegiance after only one game...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vlad on the tyne
I'll play again if needed lads. Last week was my debut, a losing one might I add for the bibs, but I was got a sore toe early on....

(That's my excuse, and i'm sticking to it....)

I'm not fussed if i'm with the bibbies, or non bibbies. I don't have a strong allegiance after only one game...

booooooooooooooooooooooooo!

once a bib always a bib..........................when does the transfer window open?!!!!:!blank:

vlad on the tyne
injured my ankle tonight but hopefully should be alright for sunday.

even though we were on the same team, i'm sure it was vlad on the tyne.

was probably trying to hobble me for sunday:unsure2:

LOL, I enjoyed the game on thursday night mate. A couple of the boys on the oppsite side were near telepathic like, great when they are on your team sort of thing. If you need a player again on a thursday give me a shout.

It was a sniper job when Sean pulled up injured on thursday, Seesh, I thought Miko was bad!!!!:goofy2:

Destruction Derby

looks like it could be a laugh on sunday. 6 non bib drunks against 6 drunked up bibees. feeling confident for sunday. the tide is turning. though that's maybe my uncle strongbow and auntie carling talking. get into these non bib bassas. oh by the way. the flu has kinda cleared up :-)

vlad on the tyne
looks like it could be a laugh on sunday. 6 non bib drunks against 6 drunked up bibees. feeling confident for sunday. the tide is turning. though that's maybe my uncle strongbow and auntie carling talking. get into these non bib bassas. oh by the way. the flu has kinda cleared up :-)

good hutchie, needs you buzzing about the pitch mate .

am on the sauce tomorrow too sunday will certainly be a laugh I wonder if we will get any spews at the gate LOL

Destruction Derby

i have done that a few times. only not at the gates but in the car park. will definitely be up for sunday. need to make it up to my fellow rab c vesties for the excuse off a player i was last week. B GTF

jambosean75
Non Bibs :

ross

grant

sean

superted

moz

shades

superbibs:

dougie

hutchie

stef

nino

vlad on the wine

barky

so it's 6v6 then.

Greedy_Jambo

Its now 2.07pm and the beer is just about to make its appearance.

You'd think a kickoff time of 7.30pm on a sunday would be enough time for recovery but going from previous experience its not!

Im just crossing my fingers that i don't get the dreaded rubber legs or any injuries.

Just back from climbing a Munro (and wading through rivers, knee-high bog and battling severe gales at the top). Legs feeling a bit wobbly!

Destruction Derby

Did everyone remember the clocks went forward? just woke up and feeling rather good actually. nice sunny day and off to pick up 160 from ladbrokes thanks to scotland last night. looking forward to 5s

Who's bright idea was this daylight savings keek? Lost an hour's rest after being sozzled in the toon last night (Belushi's 2-4-1) See you's tonight lads. MON THE BIBS

jambosean75

hey barky, you lost last sunday, you lost on monday, are you looking to keep up that run tonight.

the one thing in common in those games. i was playing for the other team.:qqb011:

Guys,

Really sorry to feck you all around, especially this late in the day but.....it looks like myself and Shades may miss tonight...........work has got in the way......

Big apologies boys

jambosean75
Guys,

Really sorry to feck you all around, especially this late in the day but.....it looks like myself and Shades may miss tonight...........work has got in the way......

Big apologies boys

i've phoned my mate hardie and asked him if he can get someone else.

if he can't it's 5v5, if moz & shades turn up it's 6v6, if he can it's 6v6, if he can AND moz & shades turn up it's 7v7. it will be a bit tight but it's do able for a one off and looking on the bright side it means less running for everybody( and taking into fact everbody was likely pished yesterday, can only be a good thing)

Goose Baxter

I am rough as **** today people. Not feeling the Fred West like, so i wont be doing that much running about. Or i will just stay in goals for a bit longer.

i've phoned my mate hardie and asked him if he can get someone else.

if he can't it's 5v5, if moz & shades turn up it's 6v6, if he can it's 6v6, if he can AND moz & shades turn up it's 7v7. it will be a bit tight but it's do able for a one off and looking on the bright side it means less running for everybody( and taking into fact everbody was likely pished yesterday, can only be a good thing)

So Sean, what's the sides then?

Have we got 5's or 6's?

Greedy_Jambo
I am rough as **** today people. Not feeling the Fred West like, so i wont be doing that much running about. Or i will just stay in goals for a bit longer.

Sounds familiar. I may have to do the same.

It will be good to play in some daylight for a change though.

Apologies again lads.........no chance of Shades and me making it now.......

Hope it's a good game and 'mon the non-bibees........

jambosean75
So Sean, what's the sides then?

Have we got 5's or 6's?

it's looking like 5v5 at the moment and you'll probably be getting a transfer to the winning team.

try and not bring your losing streak with you.

if hardie can get somebody he will come up and it will be 6v6.

it's looking like 5v5 at the moment and you'll probably be getting a transfer to the winning team.

try and not bring your losing streak with you.

if hardie can get somebody he will come up and it will be 6v6.

Cheeky bassa!!

jambosean75

this week has to be nil and void. if we wanted it to count we wouldn't have been swapping players at half time. we played the second half with basically 3 players after we gave you 1 and that my ankle had went and i could barely move.

jambopompey

is this still on going, my new job now allows me free time at nights, so even at my age im interested in at least trying to kick a ball for a while before requiring medical attention (fag and a drink). so if there is space and you are willing to take a bad player on then give me a shout

Destruction Derby
this week has to be nil and void. if we wanted it to count we wouldn't have been swapping players at half time. we played the second half with basically 3 players after we gave you 1 and that my ankle had went and i could barely move.

If thats the case then last week should not count either then as my team were outnumbered since i could not do anything the full game. We were actually performing well so who's to say we would not have won with only the 4 of us. 5-5 after 40 mins play wi 1 less player. pretty good in my eyes

jambosean75

on a more serious note i think we need to have a discussion and a vote. most games i have played in have a rule that if you say your coming and don't turn up you still have to pay for that week otherwise we end up out of pocket. because only 9 turned up and paid we only took in ?36 but it costs ?40 for the pitch. we had somebody on standby and we could have had enough players. what do you guys think.

Greedy_Jambo
on a more serious note i think we need to have a discussion and a vote. most games i have played in have a rule that if you say your coming and don't turn up you still have to pay for that week otherwise we end up out of pocket. because only 9 turned up and paid we only took in ?36 but it costs ?40 for the pitch. we had somebody on standby and we could have had enough players. what do you guys think.

Sounds fair enough to me.

Good game the day. Pitty we both had to struggle with 4 players for a while. I think im finally starting to pick up bit of fitness (although only a tiny bit) and im injury free. That Week out has done me good. Looking forward to next week with 2 full teams hopefully.

vlad on the tyne

Fair shout Sean

An idea could be someone brought there mobile with them which everyone playing knows the number of. If someone cannot make it at short notice ie cannot post on KB they ring/text that number to give us more time to find another player.

Things crop up from time to time which are unavoidable. Therefore I suggest if no text/call or kb posting before 6.00pm on a sunday night and you no show then you still have to pay. What does everyone think?

vlad on the tyne

Get the violins oot......:42:

vlad on the tyne
is this still on going, my new job now allows me free time at nights, so even at my age im interested in at least trying to kick a ball for a while before requiring medical attention (fag and a drink). so if there is space and you are willing to take a bad player on then give me a shout

not a problem mate

Destruction Derby
Fair shout Sean

An idea could be someone brought there mobile with them which everyone playing knows the number of. If someone cannot make it at short notice ie cannot post on KB they ring/text that number to give us more time to find another player.

Things crop up from time to time which are unavoidable. Therefore I suggest if no text/call or kb posting before 6.00pm on a sunday night and you no show then you still have to pay. What does everyone think?

would agree about paying if u dont get in touch or whatever. also a good idea about the mobile number. sometimes can be difficult to get online for whatever reason.

jambosean75

hi steff, i picked your ball up this morning. they hadn't handed it in so i went up to the building site. got directed over to the guy on the forklift. explained the situation and he went "i've got it here". he then proceeded to pull out an old ball, all scuffed up and flat. "sorry mate, that's no it. is there any others".

"oh! err there might be one more that i err found this morning" he admitted. he reluctantly went over to his van and pulled it out from under the seat.

cheeky bassa was trying to half inch the ball and palm us off with an old one.

hi steff, i picked your ball up this morning. they hadn't handed it in so i went up to the building site. got directed over to the guy on the forklift. explained the situation and he went "i've got it here". he then proceeded to pull out an old ball, all scuffed up and flat. "sorry mate, that's no it. is there any others".

"oh! err there might be one more that i err found this morning" he admitted. he reluctantly went over to his van and pulled it out from under the seat.

What a bell-end

Glad you got it sorted though

Goose Baxter
hi steff, i picked your ball up this morning. they hadn't handed it in so i went up to the building site. got directed over to the guy on the forklift. explained the situation and he went "i've got it here". he then proceeded to pull out an old ball, all scuffed up and flat. "sorry mate, that's no it. is there any others". "oh! err there might be one more that i err found this morning" he admitted. he reluctantly went over to his van and pulled it out from under the seat. cheeky bassa was trying to half inch the ball and palm us off with an old one.
smells like a hobo!

Hi lads. I do apologise for not making it yesterday other things came up and I could not get to a computer until now, so I could not warn you beforehand that I wasnt going to make it last night. It might be an idea to get a couple of peoples numbers exchanged so if this happens again and one of us cant get to a computer a text/phone call could be made to warn you.

I am happy to pay extra next week if people are out of pocket from last night. Again Il say sorry and hopefully this will not happen again. Cheers guys, Dougie

Greedy_Jambo

Cheers for that Sean. Sneeky basturt trying to half inch it. Its a good ball aswell. Glad you got it back.

Greedy_Jambo
Hi lads. I do apologise for not making it yesterday other things came up and I could not get to a computer until now, so I could not warn you beforehand that I wasnt going to make it last night. It might be an idea to get a couple of peoples numbers exchanged so if this happens again and one of us cant get to a computer a text/phone call could be made to warn you.

I am happy to pay extra next week if people are out of pocket from last night. Again Il say sorry and hopefully this will not happen again. Cheers guys, Dougie

You owe us all a tenner for the inconvenience Dougie. We were all knackered having to do your running aswell.

Goose Baxter

I was well gutted with my performance last night, let it too many goals that should have been bread and butter routine saves to make.:42:

Greedy_Jambo

Im ok with my performance. I did miss like 4 sitters in a row but i'll put that down to being absolutely faaaacked.

aitcheeayartees

Well some of you will be pleased to hear that the "Bibs" representative at Tynecastle on sunday (number1jambo) also got a victory over the non bibs representative (me!) After a hard fought 90 minutes on the hallowed turf, the young pup had his day! Well played mate!

My legs are like lead today, but the whole thing was worth it just for the experience. It was great to play alongside the likes of Gary, "nipper" and Jimmy Sandison. Good banter too from Alan Mclaren on the touchline. Would love to have scored but the closest i got was a curled shot from the edge of the box which hit the top of the net!

Hope number1jambo is suffering like me and look forward to fighting for our positions once again on a sunday evening!

Charlie

Destruction Derby
Well some of you will be pleased to hear that the "Bibs" representative at Tynecastle on sunday (number1jambo) also got a victory over the non bibs representative (me!) After a hard fought 90 minutes on the hallowed turf, the young pup had his day! Well played mate!

My legs are like lead today, but the whole thing was worth it just for the experience. It was great to play alongside the likes of Gary, "nipper" and Jimmy Sandison. Good banter too from Alan Mclaren on the touchline. Would love to have scored but the closest i got was a curled shot from the edge of the box which hit the top of the net!

Hope number1jambo is suffering like me and look forward to fighting for our positions once again on a sunday evening!

Charlie

Good to hear that all went well on sunday, looked like last week you might have had to miss out wi the injury you picked up, also good to hear the Bibs member was on the winning team aswell. good result day all round. Hopefully we will be back to the full compliment of 6 aside next week, last week then this week wi only 4 was a nightmare, too much space = too much running about. Not good after the weekend session, Should be better next week, its only Killie at Tynie on sat.

Mon the Bibs

Charlie

I notice you never mentioned the score! Had a great day, Nipper and Mclaren were brilliant, really good guys. Gutted I had to miss 20 minutes of the first half getting my ankle strapped up, couldn't really get involved enough in the second half due to being unable to run!

Bang up for doing it again next year, hopefully lasting 90 minutes injury free.

P.S I will be in need of a late fitness test for this sunday, took me half an hour to walk what is usually a 15 minute journey this morning.

Destruction Derby

So how are we looking for numbers this week? Nobody seemed to pick up injuries so recogn we may have 6 aside this week.

May i make another sugestion for the mobile number idea, Each team appoints a team captain who collects everyones number. If your not able to make it and cant get online then your let your team captain know. Then obviously the 2 team captains swap numbers to liason with each other for players if 1 team is struggling. Saves 1 person collecting 12 different numbers.

Greedy_Jambo

I thought i was injury free untill the next day. Freeekin pain! my knee is dodgy as hell, it just never heals. im no taking this week off though.

Count me in for this sunday and a win. Who in my team is actually up for another win? Cos yiz all seemed to give up towards the end last sunday.

So how are we looking for numbers this week? Nobody seemed to pick up injuries so recogn we may have 6 aside this week.

May i make another sugestion for the mobile number idea, Each team appoints a team captain who collects everyones number. If your not able to make it and cant get online then your let your team captain know. Then obviously the 2 team captains swap numbers to liason with each other for players if 1 team is struggling. Saves 1 person collecting 12 different numbers.

Sounds a good shout about the mobile numbers, means we can all keep in touch a lot easier.

As for the injuries, it's not looking good for me. My ankle is currently the same size as my calf and bruised all round my foot and heel. Gonna be struggling big time. If you want compensation; speak to Charlie's team captain from sunday!

I thought i was injury free untill the next day. Freeekin pain! my knee is dodgy as hell, it just never heals. im no taking this week off though.

Count me in for this sunday and a win. Who in my team is actually up for another win? Cos yiz all seemed to give up towards the end last sunday.

Im gutted I missed it last week and will be in for Sunday defo. Im up for a win for the Bibs aswell Stef. Il pay double as I could not warn you I couldnt make it last week.

Good shout for phone numbers aswell DD. Can get it sorted out on Sunday before we start. Just means communication is alot easier.

Who in my team is actually up for another win?QUOTE]

LOL - get yourself over to bibbysaredeluded.net:goofy2:

vlad on the tyne
Who in my team is actually up for another win?QUOTE]

LOL - get yourself over to bibbysaredeluded.net:goofy2:

BIBS

Vlad on the tyne

NON BIBS

Archived