FM2008 thread

From Perth to Paisley

out of interest, why do Rangers and Celtic not have a sponsor on their kit picture in the game?

Also, does anyone have a link for a kit pack(s) that contain current kits for all Scottish teams??

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth
Aleksandr Sulima is worth a few hundred thousand, but I just out the bid down to 50k and it always get's accepted.

I was rejected for a work permit for Sulima, but signed Bouzanis from Liverpool who is Australian instead!

Finally started a new game with Hearts. My first task was to get rid of the pish so the following were sold, loaned out or had their contracts terminated:

Robbie Neilson - ?1.4m to a team down south

Calum Elliot - ?500k up front and another little bit in installments with a percentage of fee on his next sale to Fulham

Hristos Karpidis - ?300k up front and another bit in installments to a foreign club

Matthew Park - On the verge of an ?8k move to a first division team

Neil McCann - Free to Notts Forest

Michal Pospisil - Free to St Mirren

Juho Makela - Free to Partick Thistle

Jason Thomson - Free

Mark Forker - Free

David Templeton - Loan to Stenhousemuir

Eduardas Kurksis - Loan Terminated

Tomas Kancelskis - Loan Terminated

Kestutis Ivaskevicius - Loan Terminated

Audrius Ksasnvicius - Loan Terminated

Ricardas Beniusis - Loan Terminated

I woud have liked to got money for Pospisil and Makela but there were no takers.

There was a whole load of pish reserves sent on loan aswell.

I then brought in:

Bogdan (?) Stancu - ?300k

Artur Sorin - ?30k

Mohamed Kallon - Free

Chris Eagles - Loan

Dong Fangzahuo - Loan

I tink they are the ony players I have brought in. Tried for Pablo Piatti but could not afford the wages and Mika Aaritalo is not on the game. Also tried for Joao Carlos but did not want to come.

Also brought in a load of Dutch coaches and sacked Stevie Frail.

Pre-season was pretty avearge and then in my first match against Hibs I lined up:

Anthony Basso

Ibrahim Tall

Marius Zaliukas - Christoph Berra was suspended

Jose Goncalves

Lee Wallace

Chris Eagles

Ruben palazeulos

Bruno Aguiar

Deividas Cesnauskis

Mohamed Kallon

Andrius Velicka

Went ahead early on through Kallon. Then got Eagles sent off in the 60th minute before Nade came of the bench to wrap up a 2-0 win.

Also I was pretty pleased with Angel Chernakov as when I came the player he said was a liability was a certain Robbie Neilson. Pity he did not notice that when he was in charge.

How did yu get your skin?

See post #353 above, from Eckauskas - it's called zziz

The background images (relevnt stadium picture for the team being viewed) was also from sortitoutsi - IIRC)

The Old Tolbooth
Cheers.

I will try and get them downloaded when I get home.

I'm guessing that you signed Bogdan Stancu right at the start of the game Sked as I am a season and a half in now and couldnt even get the bugger for 4 million! :hae36:

I'm guessing that you signed Bogdan Stancu right at the start of the game Sked as I am a season and a half in now and couldnt even get the bugger for 4 million! :hae36:

Apparently (according to loads of squad lists on this thread), if you want them, you have to buy Bogdan Stancu and Arthur Sorin right at the start of the game, or else they get snapped up and become megastars.

Wish I knew that before starting my game.

(although I'm not doing too badly - 2nd in season 2010/11)

Yeah. That is the good thing about starting a hearts game after many on here have so yu know which players to buy.

Although he ain't starting as of yet. Veligol banged them in in pre-season.

jamboinglasgow
Apparently (according to loads of squad lists on this thread), if you want them, you have to buy Bogdan Stancu and Arthur Sorin right at the start of the game, or else they get snapped up and become megastars.

Wish I knew that before starting my game.

(although I'm not doing too badly - 2nd in season 2010/11)

I am in season 2009/2010, got Real Madrid in the 3rd qualifying round so basicly stuffed my chances of getting into the group stage. Went into Uefa cup and have got to the second knockout round and after the first leg I am 1-0 up against Sunderland. Ruben picked out a major injury into the season and is out for the rest of the season, so is Pinilla (but after he scored 20 goals so far.) I am currently 13pts ahead of the Gers at the top of the league with a game in hand.

Unfortunatly by missing out on the CL i have damamged my finances, so need to do well in the Uefa cup to have any chance of improving my finances. At least my youth are top of the U19 league and won the youth cup.

I am hoping sometime in the future to get John Park as my no. 2, unfortunatly he is assissant at Celtic so needs a big contract to go.

My 1st team this season is:

Joel - Amazing goalkeeper, only 19 and has been valuable this season

Murphy - yes he is a hibee, but have sold goncalves and Wallace for over ?5 million he is a good left back and a good runner.

Arias: 17 year old CB, he is also a really good talent and has done really well this season. Hopefully will keep improving.

Granqvist - Sweedish CB, at the age of 24 he is an experenced defender and solid at the back.

Simek - American RB who is as good as Murphy is on the left.

Driver - he is amazing in the game, a great pacy winger who will get past his man.

Aguir - was not going to renew this season until he has played a blinder of late. Scores incrediable goals.

Copil - Is a great Attacking midfielder and centre midfielder, great passing and a good player.

Cesnauskus - as most know a good winger.

Nade - knows how to put a ball in the back of the net, great striker

Pinilla - same as Nade

Say What Again

If/when you update the game to patch 8.0.2, you can still get Stancu at the start of the game he but he's valued at over ?1 million.

Finally won the Champions League with Hearts in 2013 after beating Arsenal 2-0 in the final. Decided then I'd be leaving the club. Things kicked off after that. :confused:

Applied for the Spurs job after declaring interest in the Arsenal job and Romanov told me to resign before he sacked me. :scared:

Naturally I did and Hartley and Pressley who I appointed as coach and assistant manager respectively left with me. Not finished yet though... Hearts offered me my job back a week later :hae36: I told Vlad where to go though and I'm now managing Tottenham and want to qualify for Europe this season. :)

Finally won the Champions League with Hearts in 2013 after beating Arsenal 2-0 in the final. Decided then I'd be leaving the club. Things kicked off after that. :confused:

Applied for the Spurs job after declaring interest in the Arsenal job and Romanov told me to resign before he sacked me. :scared:

Naturally I did and Hartley and Pressley who I appointed as coach and assistant manager respectively left with me. Not finished yet though... Hearts offered me my job back a week later :hae36: I told Vlad where to go though and I'm now managing Tottenham and want to qualify for Europe this season. :)

Well done bud.

I'm wanting to start a career and work my way to the top. Don't know who to start off as though...

Well done bud.

I'm wanting to start a career and work my way to the top. Don't know who to start off as though...

Personally I get too bored working right at the bottom (Conference North/South, Division 3 etc) so I always like to go 1st Division or Championship sides.

I started off a good game with Dunfermline when I thought my Hearts' save was corrupt (found a backup version) and signed Doudin, Sorin and Kostadinov on loan as well as some Premiership players. I'll definitely go back to it when I get bored of this game.

Championship is always a nice challenge, what about Stoke?

EDIT: Martin O'Neill is new Hearts manager and Brian McClair is his assistant. :laugh:

Personally I get too bored working right at the bottom (Conference North/South, Division 3 etc) so I always like to go 1st Division or Championship sides.

I started off a good game with Dunfermline when I thought my Hearts' save was corrupt (found a backup version) and signed Doudin, Sorin and Kostadinov on loan as well as some Premiership players. I'll definitely go back to it when I get bored of this game.

Championship is always a nice challenge, what about Stoke?

Kostadinov always rejects me for Ripo. I might try and take Stoke up, that's the great thing about The Championship, if you can get to the play offs anything can happen. Stoke will no doubt be p!sh in the game :laugh:

jamboinglasgow

I will never leave Hearts in the game. The reason is for me FM2008 is all about building up the club. I want to create Hearts into a major World team with a world-class youth development and a great stadium. This takes quite alot of time. To me I enjoy having a long term plan and setting it out.

Guest juvehearts
If/when you update the game to patch 8.0.2, you can still get Stancu at the start of the game he but he's valued at over ?1 million.

Aye but if you put in an enquiry at the start of the game you'll get him for 800k.

gabriel torje was good in the 8.0.0 patch but he mover dor 1.7m to dynimo.

their are 3 decent 17yr olds in romania plus for TPS in finland their is 2 decent Midfielders & Charlie Milgrew from Wolves is a good buy for a LB.

ST's is defo stancu & possiably if you can get him for the SPL/Championship is Mido or siberski.

Has anyone else had a real problem hanging onto their best players at Hearts regardless of how sucessful you are?

I came 2nd in my 2nd season, won the Scottish cup and qualified for the group stages of the Champs League the next season.

I won the league in my 3rd season, and the league cup but Stancu, Kingston, Goncalves, Husband, Kostadinov plus two other players I bought (Michael Lustig and Tore Reginnusien) all became unhappy after I rejected offers for them in January of my 3rd season - at which point I was in the knockout stages of the Champs league and 8 points clear at the top of the league.

I sold them all as I was worried about them leaving for nowt at the end of their contracts. They all refused to sign new deals when I offered them.

Anyone else having this problem?

I will never leave Hearts in the game. The reason is for me FM2008 is all about building up the club. I want to create Hearts into a major World team with a world-class youth development and a great stadium. This takes quite alot of time. To me I enjoy having a long term plan and setting it out.

Yeah was thinking about that too but the SPL was becoming too easy and boring for me and when I won the Champions League, I'd won everything.

Wanted to move on and have a fresh challenge somewhere else. :)

Dr Ian Malcolm

Unbeaten in 63 domestic games (can't buy a win in Europe mind) - I can't lose no matter how badly I play. Thumped Celtic 8-0 in the LC semi (every shot I had went in, 5-0 @ HT and they went down to ten men shortly afterwards). Thumped Hibs 7-1 on their own patch - wasn't happy that they managed a goal.

Keep trying to post screenies but after pressing the PrtSrc button but nothing happens?

Unbeaten in 63 domestic games (can't buy a win in Europe mind) - I can't lose no matter how badly I play. Thumped Celtic 8-0 in the LC semi (every shot I had went in, 5-0 @ HT and they went down to ten men shortly afterwards). Thumped Hibs 7-1 on their own patch - wasn't happy that they managed a goal.

Keep trying to post screenies but after pressing the PrtSrc button but nothing happens?

You need to hold cown CTRL and PrtScr.

Then open Paint (or whatever programme you like) then paste the image.

What is the longest season someone has played footie manager till.

20??

This is my longest game ever, just going into 2014 now. Don't know how much longer it will last though, its slowing down a bit. :(

20??

I've just finished the 2010/11 season...

Still Hearts boss which is good, as a lot of SPL managers have come and gone in those few years...

HMFCjamieHMFC

20??

I once went on holiday to about 2050 to see what it was like

Dr Ian Malcolm
You need to hold cown CTRL and PrtScr.

Then open Paint (or whatever programme you like) then paste the image.

Cheers, I'll try and get some on later.

Won the treble again and got offered the Chelsea job so I took it (have Hibs as a feeder club). Saved it under a different name so might go back to the Hearts one after a few seasons at Chelsea to see how long I can go for.

After beating Chelsea 3-0 on penalties in the Carling Cup Final it was time for their revenge in the FA Cup 6th Round at Stamford Bridge... aye right. ;)

Went in 2-1 up at half time but they should've been winning. Second half we went out and absolutely hammered them, won it 5-1. Best result ever probably in this game for me. :D

rossthejambo

just about finished season 3. sitting 3rd in the league. was up with rangers and celtic for the majority of the season but always hit a slump of 2 or 3 games without a win every 15 games and fell away. need to win my next game or at least equal hibs result to guarantee 3rd spot.

my team now is

graeme smith/kenneth stenild

jason thomson/mikael lustig

charlie mulgrew/garfield reid

simon kjaer/jonsson

dorian andronic/zaliukas

d cesnauskis/bjarnason

calin cristea/visconte

palazuelos/damunita

kingston/andrei ionescu

nade

kostadinov/danny haynes/glen

signed 4 or 5 players in january. danny haynes from falkirk for 750k scored on his debut to knock hibs out the cup (thats 109 years now :)).

andrei ionescu for 90k...hes 19 and is class. signed as kingstons replacement seeing as he wont be staying next season.

damunita whos 20 as palazuelos' replacement because hes desperate to leave. looks a good player.

andronic cost me over 1million pounds. doesnt look all that good at the moment but hes only 20 so hopefully will get better.

simon kjaer was signed in the summer as berra's replacement (sold him for 3 million to wigan) for 950k. only 20 and is a really good solid defender.

nade could be on his way out though. top scorer for all 3 seasons and is now the captain but won't sign a new deal.

Say What Again

Anybody playing with 8.0.2.? It's went backwards since 8.0.1. the amount of goals conceded is ridiculous.

I finished 3rd first season - 1 point behind Rangers - and am sitting in 6th this season with 2 games in hand (that would take me 3rd again) but the amount of goals I'm conceding in the 2nd season is unbelievable. I'm using the same formation with the same back 4. I've even still got the same 'back up' back 4 and the same defensively minded midfielders.

Last season I let in 32 goals all season - this season I've let in 37 in just 14 games. I've been hit for 3 by Motherwell & Hibs at Tynie as well as for 4 in games against Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and Livingston!

Even my first game in the UEFA Cup group finished 5-4 (away to Sparta Prague).

I've looked at various forums and it is an issue with the 8.0.2. patch.

Does anyone know if I can:

a) Install 8.0.1 patch and continue playing the game I started on 8.0.2.?

or

B) Install 8.0.1. patch and resume playing a game I was playing before the 8.0.2. patch?

Anybody playing with 8.0.2.? It's went backwards since 8.0.1. the amount of goals conceded is ridiculous.

I finished 3rd first season - 1 point behind Rangers - and am sitting in 6th this season with 2 games in hand (that would take me 3rd again) but the amount of goals I'm conceding in the 2nd season is unbelievable. I'm using the same formation with the same back 4. I've even still got the same 'back up' back 4 and the same defensively minded midfielders.

Last season I let in 32 goals all season - this season I've let in 37 in just 14 games. I've been hit for 3 by Motherwell & Hibs at Tynie as well as for 4 in games against Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and Livingston!

Even my first game in the UEFA Cup group finished 5-4 (away to Sparta Prague).

I've looked at various forums and it is an issue with the 8.0.2. patch.

Does anyone know if I can:

a) Install 8.0.1 patch and continue playing the game I started on 8.0.2.?

or

B) Install 8.0.1. patch and resume playing a game I was playing before the 8.0.2. patch?

Dunno if this helps mate and unsure about FM08, but I know in FM07 you could choose if you wanted the original version or the patch when starting a new game. I would assume you can do the same on 08.

I would think that you may have to start another game though.

To be honest, I think others will be able to help you more.

Apologies for the complete lack of help.

Say What Again
Dunno if this helps mate and unsure about FM08, but I know in FM07 you could choose if you wanted the original version or the patch when starting a new game. I would assume you can do the same on 08.

I would think that you may have to start another game though.

To be honest, I think others will be able to help you more.

Apologies for the complete lack of help.

I think when you start a new game it asks you which database you want to use.

I tried to install an old patch and it won't let me because the version I'm running is newer.

I'm going to have to reinstall the game :mad:.

Though thanks for the complete lack of help anyway :welldone:

If you are mate, do us a favour.

Load the German regional leagues and keep an eye out for the mighty Babelsberg! 'Mon the Null Drei!

Say What Again
Load the German regional leagues and keep an eye out for the mighty Babelsberg! 'Mon the Null Drei!

If my old save games won't play when I reinstall it then Babelsberg may even become my next challenge.

Good lad!!

I'm pestering the missus to upgrade our laptop as this one has a pi$$poor

192MB of RAM. FM08 needs a minimum of 256 and I'm desperate to have a shot

of FM with the lads from Potsdam. Not that I want to upgrade it purely for a football game, no-siree bob.

"It means your, er, diagrams and, um, word documents for work are, er, brighter and stuff."

"Ze don't need to be brighter. Vy do ve need a better laptop?"

"Cos it's, er, slow and things."

"It is not "slow und things". It is fine."

"But..."

"It is fine."

"But........."

"Shhhhhh! CSI is on!"

"mumblegrumbleYes dearmumblegrumble"

"I can still hear you grumbling"

"sorry"

*skulks of to room*

Ah, the magic and wonder of relationships.

PS. If you need any advice or info about Null Drei, give us a shout mate. Happy to help!

HMFCjamieHMFC
And?

The huns got relageted, Gonzalo Higuain scored about 150 goals in only 100 games for france, the english won the world cup, we won the league over 10 times, the hobos won the cup 2 times but both times it was between us winning it and i think we won the uefa cup but i am not sure

Can anyone recommend good coaches to appoint plus a good assistant manager?

Goose Baxter

After an amazig stint with Bradford, ( 3 promotions in the trot ) the best i could do with them was 10th in the prem and this was giving it my all. After being offered the chelsea job a million times, I resigned as manager with all my back room staff walking out( was touched by that ) then big roman offered me the chelsea job.

Didnt look at my wage bill or transfer kitty, i just said yes.

I was in 2013 and my wage bill was 2.6m pw over budget!!!!!!! flogged of a few players but was still no place near geting it at a decent amount. Now i had taken over in 9th place with them. Got them to within 1 point of west ham. beat them 4-0 to go top and next thing i am hit with a 9 point reduction for going in to recevership!!!!!! Could not believe what had happend!!!

Shocker, Petr Cech got sold for 2.5m and drogba for 1m and all valued at 15m+

No a happy bunny

After an amazig stint with Bradford, ( 3 promotions in the trot ) the best i could do with them was 10th in the prem and this was giving it my all. After being offered the chelsea job a million times, I resigned as manager with all my back room staff walking out( was touched by that ) then big roman offered me the chelsea job.

Didnt look at my wage bill or transfer kitty, i just said yes.

I was in 2013 and my wage bill was 2.6m pw over budget!!!!!!! flogged of a few players but was still no place near geting it at a decent amount. Now i had taken over in 9th place with them. Got them to within 1 point of west ham. beat them 4-0 to go top and next thing i am hit with a 9 point reduction for going in to recevership!!!!!! Could not believe what had happend!!!

Shocker, Petr Cech got sold for 2.5m and drogba for 1m and all valued at 15m+

No a happy bunny

ouch!

After a struggling to make an impact in season one and in actual fact doing worse than that I decided to sack Frail and bring in Tony Whelan (Man Utd Youth Coach) as assistant manager. I also utilised the Arsenal_Untouchables tactic and CMFrenzy's training schedule, early indications seem to be that it has brought a great deal of stability to the team and I am now looking to build on that.

Anyone else used this tactic?

Also, as a side note, how good is Dimitriu Copil? :)

PeterCapital

Has anyone played the game for 10-20 years not as hearts, and if so how big is tynie?

I pestered them for 10 years and was refused an expansion every time, left hearts, then 5 years later they have a 50,000!?!? Possibly just because i improved them but dunno.

P.S. What nationality is Sorin?

Archived