FM2008 thread

From Perth to Paisley

The Old Tolbooth
I've been playing him on the right and in 3 games he's been my best midfileder by far.

Bruno, Stewart and Ruben have all been poor for me so punted Bruno and Stewart,was going to bring in Husband for a shot but he got injured

It's anmazing how the games differ mate, Ruben is solid in the middle for me, he cant score for toffee tho, and Bruno has been a rock too, won the league with them and Larry in the middle.

I'm spoilt for choice for wingers with Aaritalo, Driver, Driver and Chesney all banging for a place in the team, and all playing well whilst Kostadinov banged in 40 goals in 44 games and Nicalue bagged 17 playing as a reserve all season.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruno was great for me.....he lashed a goal in from 25-30 yards every other week.

My very own Stevie Gerrard.

Matchday 3:

Hearts 1 - 2 Arsenal

In goals for Arsenal............... Craig Gordon!

Still top of the group on goal difference, but Arsenal and Ajax have a game in hand.

Matchday 5:

Ajax 1 - 0 Hearts

Anderlecht 1 - 1 Arsenal

Hearts have qualified in 3rd place!! :eek:

jamboinglasgow

found out today that the game is more realistic then I thought. Finished a season, won the league as Hearts with my players being outstanding, won manager of the year, players player of the year, 1st, 2nd and third in the young player of the year. But when it came to the football writers player of the year, all three spots went to celtic. Good to see they added the media's old firm biasis to the game.

I've been playing a good few seasons - I've never seen that.

Brilliant!

I bet you were so excited for a few seconds...

I've been playing a good few seasons - I've never seen that.

Brilliant!

I bet you were so excited for a few seconds...

Apparently you have to be playing on 1st April in real life and on the game!

Aaah, I see.

Aye ma mate got it last night as well, I told him about it so he sat and played it til he got to April 1st.

Th funniest thing is he was Queen of the South, so its not quite as believable as if it happened wae Man U!

Anyone had any problems installing the 8.02 patch?

My computer got corrupted last week, and I had to rebuild it with an old image.

I've installed the baseath FM2008 , but when I try to install the patch, I get:

Access to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008 was denied.

this is after installing file 5, but while trying to install file 6.

Anybody got any ideas how to get around this?

Right, I'm in March of my first season with Macclesfield Town. Despite media predictions of me finishing 24th we're currently 18th and that's us on a 4-game winless streak. Amazingly I'm also within my transfer and wage budgets.

Couple of questions though...

Do older players start tutoring younger ones through their own choice or do I have to ask/make them?

And can I ask a club to be their feeder club or is it only the parent clubs who do the asking?

Cheers :-)

Will post screenshots at the end of season one :)

Right, I'm in March of my first season with Macclesfield Town. Despite media predictions of me finishing 24th we're currently 18th and that's us on a 4-game winless streak. Amazingly I'm also within my transfer and wage budgets.

Couple of questions though...

Do older players start tutoring younger ones through their own choice or do I have to ask/make them?

And can I ask a club to be their feeder club or is it only the parent clubs who do the asking?

Cheers :-)

Will post screenshots at the end of season one :)

To set up a tutor partnership, click on your young player's "Player Interaction" button.

There should be a box that says Learn From Player, and a drop-down list of senior players that you can link him with.

Obviously, learning from someone who plays in the same position is ideal, as is someone who speaks the same language!!!!

To get a parent club, go to the Boardroom and use the drop-down menu to request a parent club, just in the same way that you ask for better training facilities or a youth academy etc. etc.....

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We should get a challenge on the go and you have to post screen shots at certain points as proof.

If anyones up for it and has a good challenge then let us know!

To set up a tutor partnership, click on your young player's "Player Interaction" button.

There should be a box that says Learn From Player, and a drop-down list of senior players that you can link him with.

Obviously, learning from someone who plays in the same position is ideal, as is someone who speaks the same language!!!!

To get a parent club, go to the Boardroom and use the drop-down menu to request a parent club, just in the same way that you ask for better training facilities or a youth academy etc. etc.....

Ta mucho!

We should get a challenge on the go and you have to post screen shots at certain points as proof.

How about the classic "see how much damage you can do as Hibs boss until they fire you" challenge?

Sell all their half-decent players, wildly overspend on total diddies to replace them on huge wages and see how far down the table you can get them before the boad get rid of you.

The skill is in keeping your job even though you get them relegated.:ninja:

What kind of challenges are you thinking? Sounds like another good reason to increase my addictedness!

Say What Again

I set one of these up a few years ago on the old KB. The challenge was just do as well as you could with Nottingham Forest.

Screenshots of players bought/sold, squad etc were required to prove (as much as possible) there was no cheating.

I think about 4 folk did 1 season then it just died a death.

I'm more than happy to take part in any challenge you set up though mate.

After cajoling and pleading, I've finally convinced the missus to get some additional RAM for the laptop. A measly 128MB is now a rather proud 2GB.

Hence, I will now be tottering off to the shops to buy FM2008. Can't wait to take Babelsberg 03 up to the heady heights of the Bundesliga and world domination.

Alternatively, I might do what I normally do, and get repeatedly emptied from every job for being utterly pesh.

Decisions, decisions.....

Say What Again
Hence, I will now be tottering off to the shops to buy FM2008. Can't wait to take Babelsberg 03 up to the heady heights of the Bundesliga and world domination.

Alternatively, I might do what I normally do, and get repeatedly emptied from every job for being utterly pesh.

You'd be better off starting as Bayern Munich and working your way to the Babelsberg 03 job.

I reckon you could do it in 2 seasons :biggrin: (2 season which, granted, would take you 9 months in 'real time')

What kind of challenges are you thinking? Sounds like another good reason to increase my addictedness!

Aye - I'd be up for that as well.

Re-downloaded the 8.02 patch from another location and this time it installed no problem, so I'll try playing my saved game tonight...

Does anyone know if there will be any other patches, or just FM2009?

Also, do all you guys get the new game every year?

You'd be better off starting as Bayern Munich and working your way to the Babelsberg 03 job.

I reckon you could do it in 2 seasons :biggrin: (2 season which, granted, would take you 9 months in 'real time')

That is a complete fabrication on 2 points.

1. My ability to destroy clubs like no other man would result in me be being hanged outside the Munich city limits as a warning to other pesh managers so no chance of being re-hired.

2. 9 months to do 2 seasons? Pah!! I could still be on my pre-season friendlies by that stage.

Aye - I'd be up for that as well.

Re-downloaded the 8.02 patch from another location and this time it installed no problem, so I'll try playing my saved game tonight...

Does anyone know if there will be any other patches, or just FM2009?

Also, do all you guys get the new game every year?

Any links for update patches? when i click on game updates it trells me they are 'available but cant currently be found' or some pesh like that.

also once i get them how do I install. I know the new FM is different from the old champ man set up.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Any links for update patches? when i click on game updates it trells me they are 'available but cant currently be found' or some pesh like that.

also once i get them how do I install. I know the new FM is different from the old champ man set up.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Got them from here:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=listfiles&catid=81&game=fm2008

(Hope this is ok to link)

There is an 8.01 and 8.02 patch.

You can just install 8.02 straight off (you don't need 8.01)

- Download the patch files that you want.

- Download winrar from: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

- run the patch files through winrar to extract them

- run the resulting patch exe file

- choose the "upgrade" option when running the patch

Lots of scary looking instructions there, but it really is straight-forward.

i hate celtic in it! started the next season and they've won 9 games, i played them at home and hit 20 shots to their 10 but got beat 3-0!!

i also got papped out the CL in qualifying by Bruge, got to the uefa group stage only to get this as my group:

Seeding Team

1 Benfica

2 Besiktas

3 Man City

4 Livorn

5 Hearts

:sad:

Say What Again

Another season in the Championship for my Bristol Rovers side after a play-off semi-final defeat to Bolton.

I've got a massive Hearts presence in the team now with Driver, Beslija, Copil, Husband, Rapnik and Kostadinov in the squad and Banksy on the coaching staff.

I've assembled a good squad now and I surely must go up this season.

Team for season 4:

Wayne Henderson (?450k Preston)

Simon Francis (?200k Southend)

Paul Robinson (?230k Millwall)

Anthony Gardner (free)

Matej Rapnik (?300k Hearts)

Dimitriu Copil (?320k Hearts)

Anderson Silva (?20k Everton)

Giles Barnes (?2.7 million Derby - immense!)

Andy Driver (?2.1 million Hearts)

Michael Mifsud (?200k Coventry)

Branamir Kostadinov (?100k Hearts)

Squad players: Julian Bennet (Forest), Andy Butler (Scunthorpe), Mirsad Beslija (Hearts), Fabio (Man U), Jim Goodwin (Scunthorpe), Charlie Miller (free - lazy, slow, bassa).

I have to go up with that squad.

Got them from here:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=listfiles&catid=81&game=fm2008

(Hope this is ok to link)

There is an 8.01 and 8.02 patch.

You can just install 8.02 straight off (you don't need 8.01)

- Download the patch files that you want.

- Download winrar from: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

- run the patch files through winrar to extract them

- run the resulting patch exe file

- choose the "upgrade" option when running the patch

Lots of scary looking instructions there, but it really is straight-forward.

thanks.

its 105MB that normal? seems like a rather large file.

Say What Again
thanks.

its 105MB that normal? seems like a rather large file.

That is the right file mate.

It includes all the January transfers etc hence the file size.

damn, when i click 8.02 the 'page is not found' and 8.01 was created before the jan transfers so thats a bit pointless.

How about the classic "see how much damage you can do as Hibs boss until they fire you" challenge?

Sell all their half-decent players, wildly overspend on total diddies to replace them on huge wages and see how far down the table you can get them before the boad get rid of you.

I think Romanov is doing something similar with Hearts in real life. :sad:

I think Romanov is doing something similar with Hearts in real life. :sad:

Aye, but in my FM2007 game, Hearts are the third richest club in the world, play in a 45,000 seat roofed arena and have won the CL 19 years in a row.

JamboRossi79
Aye, but in my FM2007 game, Hearts are the third richest club in the world, play in a 45,000 seat roofed arena and have won the CL 19 years in a row.

The future is indeed bright, the future is Maroon & White.

The future is indeed bright, the future is Maroon & White.

My continued success in FM is my way of unwinding after each feck up by Hearts in real life.

No wonder I've been playing it so much this year.

pwned.jpg

My continued success in FM is my way of unwinding after each feck up by Hearts in real life.

No wonder I've been playing it so much this year.

pwned.jpg

Amazing, what you can do in Photoshop these days!!! :P

Can someone reccomend an effective training schedule I could acquire from somewhere on tinternet?

Goose Baxter
Thanks BRY.

:)

Praha do the training schedules work? or do they make much difference if you dont use them? i just stick to the same method that you get when you start. I then just buy decent coaches and that seems to help.

Also are the training methods easy to upload and use?

Praha do the training schedules work? or do they make much difference if you dont use them? i just stick to the same method that you get when you start. I then just buy decent coaches and that seems to help.

i'm not overly sure about the training myself but i think that you're supposed to get you're training as high as possible and it will make a huge difference if you do.

I try to make sure that i have a good coach for all of the stats covered in the training, e.e. one with a high attack, one with high defence etc, i then just click on auto sort and that makes all the individual bits as good as possible, i think the aims just to get every bit to 5stars

AYe the general idea is the higher the star level beside each discipline is then the better the chance of players improving per that particular discipline, ie shooting, defending, set pieces etc. The higher stats your coaches have then the better the star level will be.

Also, and I think this is where the schedules come in, is that you have to watch your workload levels, as too high and your players will become injured in training and suffer from fatigue, too low and your players simply wont improve and also will be unfit, see Riccarton for an example of both ends of that spectrum :(.

As far as the CMFrenzy is concerned I am not totally convinced but I prefer to use a pre-made one rather than the default one.

Of course I am not a total genius at Footy Man so maybe I am just talking bollocks! :)

Hibs.jpg

Oh yes.

also... downloaded FM 8.0.2 patch. Ran the update. It completed. Nothing else to do when it finished but click exit? thats what I've done. so if I load up a new game that'll be it updated now?

also... downloaded FM 8.0.2 patch. Ran the update. It completed. Nothing else to do when it finished but click exit? thats what I've done. so if I load up a new game that'll be it updated now?

Yes your copy of FM2008 has been updated. When you choose New Game you will be asked to confirm which version you wish to use, 8.0.1 or 8.0.2, obviously you would choose the 8.0.2.

Yes your copy of FM2008 has been updated. When you choose New Game you will be asked to confirm which version you wish to use, 8.0.1 or 8.0.2, obviously you would choose the 8.0.2.

Thanks. Sorry to be a pain in the erse by asking more questions but I've downloaded Prem logos, facepacks and stuff. Any idea how I update them to the game?

Archived