FM2008 thread

From Perth to Paisley

From Perth to Paisley

Just thought we need to get one of these started again!

Post the highlights of your game if you like bragging, lowlights if you like losing and any good players etc....

PS

FM2008 just been announced for the XBox360 for anybody who is interested.

http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&article_id=1295

LONDON (January 11th, 2008) ? SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced that Football Manager? 2008 for the Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will be hitting stores in Spring 2008. Football Manager? 2008 is the next chapter of the renowned Football Manager? series developed by BAFTA winning studio Sports Interactive Ltd. The latest console version of Football Manager will be fully updated for the new season, including transfers being made in the mid-season transfer window, allowing players to select their favourite club or international team and guide them to the title.

While retaining all the depth and realism of the record breaking PC version, the Xbox 360 version also features revamped online play compared to the PC game via Xbox Live, permitting you to challenge friends to one-on-one matches and even host tournaments.

?Football Manager 2008 on Xbox 360 gives console gamers the chance to dive into the wonderful world of football management.? commented Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive Ltd. ?With the same feature set to the PC version and various online modes, we hope that there is something for every Xbox 360 owner to get stuck into.?

With all-new features, improved gameplay and a depth only seen from Sports Interactive Ltd., the whole range of Football Manager? 2008 titles offer a management simulation that is second to none.

Football Manager 2008 for Xbox 360 is set for release on March 28th 2008.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say What Again

Good shout with the FM08 thread GMP, the Shed needs one of these.

Currently in the middle of season 2 with Hearts, 1 point behind top of the table Rangers. Finished 3rd in my first season.

I've only bought Bogdan Stancu (?130k) and so far have sold Larry (?2.7m), Jose (?3.5m) and Stancu (?4m plus 30%) as well as released Pospisil, McCann, Makela and numerous other dross.

Neither Stewart nor Karipidis will discuss new deals with me and their both now free to talk to other clubs.

Nade has been immense with 35 goals in a season and a half. Driver has done the same in assists. Got Scott Sinclair on loan from Chelsea and he's bagged 14 in 18 so far this season.

Current line up:

Basso

Tall

Karapidis

Berra

Wallace

Belija

Aguair

Stewart

Driver

Nade

Sinclair

Banks, Neilson, Rapnik, Palazeulos, Copil, Ross McCormack (on loan from Fulham), Bednar

Not all that interesting but I thought I'd get the thread going :)

From Perth to Paisley

Well I suppose I should say how I'm doing -

Have been Hearts for 4 and a half seasons

Won the Scottish Cup in 2009 and 2011. Have finished 4th, 4th, 2nd, 2nd and am well on course for 2nd place in season 5 although Celtic are miles ahead in first place.

Playing a nifty 433 I found on the SI games website its called possession I think. My best player is Branny 102 goals in 137 appearances.

Current Line up is

Richard Kingson

Angelo

Lee Wallace

Chrstophe Berra

Abraham

Copil

Alberoni

Ruben Palazuelos

Chadli Amri

Craig Beattie

Branny Kostadinhov

PS I'm currently unbeaten against the huns in 15 games including a 9 match winning streak against them. Ally McCoist (Rangers manager in the game) hates me.

Say What Again
PS I'm currently unbeaten against the huns in 15 games including a 9 match winning streak against them. Ally

I should have mentioned that I suffered possibly my biggest ever FM defeat in the first season when I lost 8-0 at Ibrox. I was 6-0 down at half time. In all my time playing FM I've never had a result like it.

Lee Wallace got a 1 and 7 other players got a 2.

I was only 5 behind them in the league at the time as well, it was a big game for me.

I got my revenge last game of the season though when they had to win at Tynecastle to complete the treble (days after they'd lost the UEFA Cup final on penalties). We drew 1-1 and Celtic won the league.

tommythejambo

Just got this game and heard it was utter Tam Kite without the patch.

Never installed a patch on any previous FM, so the question is...How do you do it?

Say What Again
Never installed a patch on any previous FM, so the question is...How do you do it?

Once you've downloaded the patch unzip it tommy. When it's unzipped it becomes an .exe file. Just double click on the .exe file and it installs itself (you might have to click 'update' or 'continue' something like that).

The game was keek without the patch, goals got chopped off left, right and centre.

Once you've updated it, the patch will only affect new games you start, any games you currently have running will still be fecked.

Say What Again
Cheers. But do you just save the zip file into the FM2008 folder or what?

Nope. Just save the zip file wherever you like then unzip it's contents to wherever you like. Double click on the .exe file after that and let it do it's thing.

FM08 updated :)

tommythejambo
Nope. Just save the zip file wherever you like then unzip it's contents to wherever you like. Double click on the .exe file after that and let it do it's thing.

FM08 updated :)

Cheers mate!

From what I have seen doesn't look as good as 07 but I'll give it a chance.

Say What Again

I'm warming to it now the patch is out. It was a pain in the arse before hand.

Some of the new stuff is quite good. The scouting reports are better as are the coaches reports on your players.

The opportunity to adjust your budget between wages/transfer kitty whenever you like is handy too.

Won the domestic treble in my first season.

WON THE LEAGUE AT EASTER ROAD BY THRASHING THE REPTILES 3-0!!!!!!!!

With four games to go as well.

Vlad sold Jose out from under me.

I tried selling Larry K coz I needed the money but he failed a work permit for Boro!

Got in the MTZ Ripo goalie, Alexandr Sulima who is absolutely amazing.

Also got in a young winger who can play on either side called Birkir Bjarnason. Got him in the january window and he won young player of the year after only playing half a season. He's that guid.

Arthur Sorin to replace Robbie. But then again everyone knows about Arthur Sorin.

Also got Lauri Dalla Valle, who is 15 at the start of the game and turns out to be amazing (well he did in FM2007 so I bought him again in FM2008).

Kharroubi is a DMC, brought in to keep Ruben on his toes.

Liska and Muratori are both left backs. Jose is away and Wallace wants to go too.

FM2008tranfersseason1.jpg

Say What Again
Arthur Sorin to replace Robbie. But then again everyone knows about Arthur Sorin.

Do you need the database on 'large' for him to be inlcluded? I'm positive I started with 'medium' and he's not in it.

Mind you, with Ibby, Robbie, Karapidis - and even Jason Thomson - I don't need a right back. I just wanted to check him out.

Into my second season with Fiorentina.

My team is:

Sebastian Frey

Anthony Van den Borre

Tomas Ujfalusi

Alessandro Gamberini

Manuel Pasqual

Lassana Diarra/Marco Donadel

Andrei Arshavin

Fabio Liverani

Adrian Mutu

Klass-Jan Huntallaer

Giampaolo Pazzini

In reserve:

Aleandre Song

Ivan Rakitic

Julio Cruz

Federico Laurito

Arturo Lupoli

Jermain Defoe

Nacer Baritze

Charles Itandje

Johan Djoruru

Lauri Dalla Velle

Dario Danielle

Michele Paziena

Emiliano Insua

Per Krodlrup

Won the league in the first season and the board were only satified.

Sitting top this season and undefeated in all competitions. Althoug it is only the start of Novemeber.

In the Champions League I have beaten both Bayern and Arsenal 3-1 away from home.

That's a cracking squad Sked.

Cheers.

Mainly down to selling Kuzmanovic and Montilivo for ?45m combined and selling loads of others for a healthy prize which allowed me to buy Huntellaer and give everyone new contracts.

It is getting a little too easy.

As soon as I win the Champions League I will start a new game.

How is this for a team! just got the Real Madrid job and have been splashing the cash (new signings in *)

Casillas

M Torres Pepe Schorch Baines*

Joaquin Messi* Nasri* Robben

Saviola Robinho

The defence is dodge apart from baines, but who cares with attacking power like that!

Say What Again
How is this for a team! just got the Real Madrid job and have been splashing the cash (new signings in *)

Casillas

M Torres Pepe Schorch Baines*

Joaquin Messi* Nasri* Robben

Saviola Robinho

The defence is dodge apart from baines, but who cares with attacking power like that!

No match for:

Basso

Tall

Karapidis

Berra

Wallace

Beslija

Aguair

Stewart

Driver

Nade

Sinclair

:confused:

just added Valon Behrami at right back for ?20 mil. He is a class act who has been doing really well at Blackburn (im in 2012)

All in all I have spent ?70 mil this window and still have ?15 mil left in the kitty! (make that ?24 mil after a budget adjustment!)

How does the database work with loading players? I started a Hearts file last week and bought Cardenas, but today he's not even there. Neither is Aaritalo...how does that happen?

I've been using 8.0.1 for a while now.

Walter Bishop

Im into 2nd season with Newcastle UTD, Just finished 3rd (begind Arsenal and Man utd) won the league cup, found a couple of great players, Luka Modric cost me 5m upfront and 5m in 24 months just turned down 29m from man utd, also collocini from deportivo (release clause 7.75m) averaged 8.60 for 1st season and ac milan wanted him for 19m + inzhagi!! Obafemi Martins is a machine, 42 goals in 37 games.

My team is currently,

Given

Taylor (ex portsmouth)

Collocini

Evans (on loan man utd)

Enrique

Butt

Modric

Barton

Duff

Martins

Eddie Johnson (usa)

I'm In Charge Of Hearts, Team As Follows:

Bogdan Lamont (Brilliant)

Christophe Berra

Breno

Jose Goncalves

Steven Pressley (wanted first team football)

Saulius Mikoliunas

Ian Black

Mikey Stewart

Andrew Driver

Ross McCormack (42 IN 36)

Thiago

Bench

Banksy

Robbie

Gabriel Torje

Kingston (or sold)

Nade

Chesney

Ruben

My west brom team just got promoted with 106 points. Sighned Kallon on a free and the boy is a goalscoring machine. Bought Carlos Ruiz from some yank team and he's banging them in as well. Barry Robson and the MTZ Ripo goalie complete the dream team.

Its gonna be a long first season in the premiership tho! Sulima will be a busy boy.

Good shout with the FM08 thread GMP, the Shed needs one of these.

Currently in the middle of season 2 with Hearts, 1 point behind top of the table Rangers. Finished 3rd in my first season.

I've only bought Bogdan Stancu (?130k) and so far have sold Larry (?2.7m), Jose (?3.5m) and Stancu (?4m plus 30%) as well as released Pospisil, McCann, Makela and numerous other dross.

Neither Stewart nor Karipidis will discuss new deals with me and their both now free to talk to other clubs.

Nade has been immense with 35 goals in a season and a half. Driver has done the same in assists. Got Scott Sinclair on loan from Chelsea and he's bagged 14 in 18 so far this season.

Current line up:

Basso

Tall

Karapidis

Berra

Wallace

Belija

Aguair

Stewart

Driver

Nade

Sinclair

Banks, Neilson, Rapnik, Palazeulos, Copil, Ross McCormack (on loan from Fulham), Bednar

Not all that interesting but I thought I'd get the thread going :)

I'm just through january in my first season, currently 5th but only 5pts behind Dundee Utd in 2nd. Struggling with players fitness, Ruben has been immense for me but can only play him 2 games in a row, I've set up a training regime like the one I used in '07. Any tips how to keep them fit??

My current line is as follows:-

Langfield

Thompson

Fortune

Duevo (mexican free)

Berra

Chesney

Kingston

Ruben

Driver

Nade

Pinilla

Subs

Banks

Neilson

Tall

Black

Stewart

Velicka

Berger

Well I decided to try out the KB game for myself, to see how far I could get them.

Only just started the season but this is undoubtedly my highlight so far:

Untitled-2.jpg

Well I decided to try out the KB game for myself, to see how far I could get them.

Only just started the season but this is undoubtedly my highlight so far:

Untitled-2.jpg

JR79. Definite Romanov signing.:biggrin:

Once you've downloaded the patch unzip it tommy. When it's unzipped it becomes an .exe file. Just double click on the .exe file and it installs itself (you might have to click 'update' or 'continue' something like that).

The game was keek without the patch, goals got chopped off left, right and centre.

Once you've updated it, the patch will only affect new games you start, any games you currently have running will still be fecked.

Been asked a million times but what is the correct patch to download?

Walter Payton

Liking that skin Eckauskas! Might nab that when I get home... I downloaded a European Superleague from Sortitoutsi.net that replaces the English teams in the English Leagues with all the European Teams by order of co-efficient and renames the leagues- think Hearts end up in something like the Vauxhall conference (still better than the Hobos and other Scottish non-OF teams who are only non-league teams...) Really enjoying playing teams like Fiorentina and Boavista in a regular league, biggest challenge is keeping on top of finances. Hearts start the first season with something like a ?4.5m transfer kitty but even with sellouts every week and staying under the wage budget its very easy to lose almost 800k a month.

Finished mid-table first season and should avoid relegation in my second (about 2/3rds way through it) but I've had to sell Kingston, Stewart, Bednar, Elliot(!) and a few others in order to alleive the wage burden and get any cash to strengthen the team in the 2nd season. Board expectations in both seasons was to battle bravely against relegation though so the fans think I'm a legend!

Say What Again
Once this has downloaded, do i just start fm or do i need to do something with this?

You'll need to unzip the download. When unzipped you'll have an .exe file. just double click the .exe and that will update FM for you.

After that, run FM08 - but you'll need to start a new game for the changes to take effect.

The Old Tolbooth

When some people have put players up for signing as a MUST have at the start of a game, how the hell do I find these players? Is there a search filter to search for players names etc? I managed to find some of the Romanian players like Torje (excellent signing btw) and another one because they were involved with the national side, but I cant find for the life of me the follwing players for signing.

Sidnei (Who does he play for)

Sulima (Ripo, supposedly)

Tuedors (Sochaux), how do I get to Sochaux?

Arthur Sorin (Who does he play for?)

Banega (Who does he play for?)

Guardado (Who does he play for?)

Aaritalo (Finnish guy but I cant find him anywhere)

Genero Zeefuik

Pablo Piatti

Sherman Cardenas (all of these I cannot seem to find)

Alexe

Lasse Qvist

Apologies for the inconvenience but I'm a novice at this and on the verge of the sack from Hearts as I'm sitting in 8th place, but I have a bit money to spend after selling Jose for 3.5M and Wallace for 2.5M and need to use that money wisely to save my erse from January onwards.

On the plus side, I aint lost to Hibs yet ;)

You'll need to unzip the download. When unzipped you'll have an .exe file. just double click the .exe and that will update FM for you.

After that, run FM08 - but you'll need to start a new game for the changes to take effect.

Next ? how do you unzip the file? its on my desk top but it has a windows media player box over it and says FM2008_v8.0.1_Patch

Say What Again
When some people have put players up for signing as a MUST have at the start of a game, how the hell do I find these players? Is there a search filter to search for players names etc?

There's a search filter on the top right of the home screen John. Type the players name into that.

The players still may not show up though as it depends on the database size you loaded the game with them. For example, I started with 'medium' and Arthur Sorin doesn't show up.

Say What Again
Next ? how do you unzip the file? its on my desk top but it has a windows media player box over it and says FM2008_v8.0.1_Patch

Do you have WinZip or WinRar?

You'll need one of these to unzip it.

Do you have WinZip or WinRar?

You'll need one of these to unzip it.

Wouldnt have a clue, Sorry buddy, just have a laptop for fm. Dont use it for anything else

When some people have put players up for signing as a MUST have at the start of a game, how the hell do I find these players? Is there a search filter to search for players names etc? I managed to find some of the Romanian players like Torje (excellent signing btw) and another one because they were involved with the national side, but I cant find for the life of me the follwing players for signing.

Sidnei (Who does he play for)

Sulima (Ripo, supposedly)

Tuedors (Sochaux), how do I get to Sochaux?

Arthur Sorin (Who does he play for?)

Banega (Who does he play for?)

Guardado (Who does he play for?)

Aaritalo (Finnish guy but I cant find him anywhere)

Genero Zeefuik

Pablo Piatti

Sherman Cardenas (all of these I cannot seem to find)

Alexe

Lasse Qvist

Apologies for the inconvenience but I'm a novice at this and on the verge of the sack from Hearts as I'm sitting in 8th place, but I have a bit money to spend after selling Jose for 3.5M and Wallace for 2.5M and need to use that money wisely to save my erse from January onwards.

On the plus side, I aint lost to Hibs yet ;)

Pain in the arse sometimes as they don't show up because they are not big players.

So you just have to get lucky and hope they have loaded with your game.

Wouldnt have a clue, Sorry buddy, just have a laptop for fm. Dont use it for anything else

http://www.download.com/WinZip/3000-2250_4-10704232.html?tag=lst-1

go here and download the program.

install the program.

right click the patch and go to 'open with winzip' or whatever it is.

a new file will appear once the program has done its job. double click it and follow the on screen instructions and hey presto.

should take you about ten minutes start to finish. good luck

Say What Again

Download the EVALUATION VERSION of winzip here http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm then install it.

Your FM download should change to a winzip icon. You can then uzip and install it.

The Old Tolbooth
Pain in the arse sometimes as they don't show up because they are not big players.

So you just have to get lucky and hope they have loaded with your game.

Cheers for that Sked, I really wanted Sorin for my defence as its pretty weak just now with Mcgowan, Berra, Nielson and Wilkie.

The Old Tolbooth
There's a search filter on the top right of the home screen John. Type the players name into that.

The players still may not show up though as it depends on the database size you loaded the game with them. For example, I started with 'medium' and Arthur Sorin doesn't show up.

Thanks Jack, I didnt realise there was a search filter, im sick of Scottish defenders lol!

Walter Payton
Thanks Jack, I didnt realise there was a search filter, im sick of Scottish defenders lol!

Does anyone else have problems getting renewed Work Permits for players like McGowan? I'm in the second season in the European leagues I was talking about above and McGowan's got a regular place at Central Defence and is a first choice pick for Australia in their last 8 games- any effort to offer him a new contract (runs out at the end of the season) is thwarted though because he can't renew his work permit. Really frustrating as it looks like I'll lose a really promising young player for nothing (or not be able to play him) and money's already tight!

Say What Again

Finished 3rd again in season 2 so decided to actually spend some of the cash I'd brought in from the sales of Jose, Larry and Stancu (?10.2 million in total) in season 3.

I've brought in 4 South Americans. Brazilian goalkeeper Joao Carlos (?1 million) and Brazilian striker Bruno Mezenga (?2.2 million) are my main buys but I've also brough in a Brazilian DMC and Argentinian DC. I paid ?450k for Scott Cuthbert from Celtic.

Zailuskas (?500k), Pinilla (?200k) and Karipidis (left on a free) have gone out the door.

Season 3, my first XI is now:

Joao Carlos

Tall

Cuthbert

Berra

Wallace

Copil

Stewart

Brazilan DMC (I forget his name, Bruno summit becuase when Aguair plays I have 3 x Bruno's in my team)

Driver

Sinclair (loan from Chelsea)

Bruno Mezenga

Basso, Neilson, Rapnik, Palazuelos, Aguair, Beslija, Nade

I've just been knocked out of the UEFA Cup before the group stages for the 2nd season running.

In season 2, Rangers bought Craig Gordon for ?13.25 million and Steven Fletcher was runner up in Europes Golden Boot with 41!!!

Archived