FM2008 thread

From Perth to Paisley

Bayern just beat me in the UEFA Cup group stage ended up only needing a point to go through pulled the game back to 2--2 in the 88th min and they went straight up the park and got a pen in the last min to send me out.Still on a roll in the league 18 wins on the trot now and just beat Killie 6-0 with 10 men.How hard is it to please the board though undefeated in the league and 14 points clear of Celtic and they are still given me it tight about losing a league cup game to Aberdeen.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I downloaded the game via torrent and then got a No CD Crack from gamecopyworld.com is there anyway to get the updates? Is there any other No CD Cracks that have the updates tied in with them?

I tried game copyworld but I can't find ANYTHING for FM08.

Haha how about this :D After years of planning permission being denied. Not sure what the fans will think about the sale of Tynie, new debt and new stadium name though! Kickback would be in meltdown :P

newground.jpg

I haven't found anything in the game yet, but is there an option to negotiate with potential shirt sponsors and sign a contract with a particular one?

Could the strip designs then change to reflect a new sponsor logo?

I ask because in my "news", I got a message saying that Hearts have struck up a new sponsorship deal...

I downloaded the game via torrent and then got a No CD Crack from gamecopyworld.com is there anyway to get the updates? Is there any other No CD Cracks that have the updates tied in with them?

I tried game copyworld but I can't find ANYTHING for FM08.

I did the same as you but downloaded the update patch from the official site, ran it and it worked with the patched game no problem ;) however when i tried it with FM07 it wouldn't work so surprised it worked for FM08

I haven't found anything in the game yet, but is there an option to negotiate with potential shirt sponsors and sign a contract with a particular one?

Could the strip designs then change to reflect a new sponsor logo?

I ask because in my "news", I got a message saying that Hearts have struck up a new sponsorship deal...

Nope, you don't get to do that, thats the boards job!

Just got it off a torrent. Started my career and my first axt as manager was to strip Berra of the Captancy. Quite funny that most of the morale in the team didn't seem to mind and are happy that i gave it to Larry.

Also signed a Brazilian kid called Danilson 18yo after a massive clearout making funds avaliable and in the first game against Hibs Squareheaid was drooling as he took hibs to the cleaners lol

Also signed Kevin Phillips to bring some experience and it proved a masterstroke. He has scored 4 in 4

Bayern just beat me in the UEFA Cup group stage ended up only needing a point to go through pulled the game back to 2--2 in the 88th min and they went straight up the park and got a pen in the last min to send me out.Still on a roll in the league 18 wins on the trot now and just beat Killie 6-0 with 10 men.How hard is it to please the board though undefeated in the league and 14 points clear of Celtic and they are still given me it tight about losing a league cup game to Aberdeen.

I hate how fickle the fans and board are in this game.

In the UEFA Cup 1st Knockout Round I drew Liverpool and got beat 1-0 at Anfield and the board told me the fans were unhappy with the performance at our inability to turn chances into goals.. we had about 2 shots all game. It was Liverpool ffs. :confused:

This game is so fecking frustrating.

Realistic though, went 1-0 down at home to Rankgers early on and pi ss ed on them before equalising with 10 mins to go. Then they get a dubious penalty in the 90th minute and go on to score again and win 3-1. GFA **** **** ****!

Sexton Hardcastle

Made it in to FA cup final with my leeds team. Playing 4 games a week for next 2 weeks due to fa cup replays etc. 4 games in hand 11 points off top. Starting -15 for the season doing superb. Branny does score goals but he seems to miss alot of one on ones. Jonsson is one of the best signings. So should be in the championship and playing in the Uefa cup..unless Arsenal mess up in the Premiership !

Made it in to FA cup final with my leeds team. Playing 4 games a week for next 2 weeks due to fa cup replays etc. 4 games in hand 11 points off top. Starting -15 for the season doing superb. Branny does score goals but he seems to miss alot of one on ones. Jonsson is one of the best signings. So should be in the championship and playing in the Uefa cup..unless Arsenal mess up in the Premiership !

This is were branny is best for me mate, the amount of one v one oppertunities he gets and scores from them is unreal. I play with the one up front so this may possibly have a part to do with it. Crap stats but some goals he bangs in. ended up with 37 in 41 games to get me in the prem.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Kept getting fixtures moved for international call ups and T.V. Ended up having to play Motherwell on the Sunday, Dundee Utd Monday night and the Huns in the SC semi on the Wednesday.

Drew, won and won in that order. GIUY SFA. Won the league and Scottish in the 1st season thanks to my inpreganble defence of Logan Bailly (GK), Jose, Berra, Karypidis and Robbie!

What's the best counter attacking formation then?

This is what i play with bradford if it comes out ok

GK

DR DC DC DL

DMC DMC

AMR AML

! !

! !

AMC

!

!

SC

Hope this comes out ok

Dont score many goals but you hardly concede any

This is what i play with bradford if it comes out ok

GK

DR DC DC DL

DMC DMC

AMR AML

! !

! !

AMC

!

!

SC

Hope this comes out ok

Dont score many goals but you hardly concede any

didnt work, how do you show your fm screens? can do it that way

Do you lot keep player attributes hidden?

Yes.

didnt work, how do you show your fm screens? can do it that way

Press the "Print Screen" ("PrtScr") button, should be on the top row of your keyboard to the right of the F12 key. Then open up an image editing program such as Paint Shop or the like, select paste and hey ho your picture is made. You can then upload it on here.

Hope that helps.

:)

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3342088083

This update includes all of the January transfers and what should hopefully be the final game patch.

A list of what has been changed and added is available via the following link:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/1842088083

tommythejambo

Who on here recommened Charles-Andre Doudin?!?!?! Explain yourself :D (He scored 1 goal in 8 for my Hearts team, and it was against Albion Rovers in the cup)

Out of interest does anyone know how you organise the fan days to boost your attendances, sure I read something about this in teh run up to the game being released.

Also anyone got any ideas for a good left midfielder I could sign for ?900,000ish??

Who on here recommened Charles-Andre Doudin?!?!?! Explain yourself :D (He scored 1 goal in 8 for my Hearts team, and it was against Albion Rovers in the cup)

Out of interest does anyone know how you organise the fan days to boost your attendances, sure I read something about this in teh run up to the game being released.

Also anyone got any ideas for a good left midfielder I could sign for ?900,000ish??

What season are you in? I suggested Doudin, when you get into the second season Man Utd etc will want him.

Can you organise fan days? When I was manager of East Fife it would come up in a message saying that the next match will be a fan day to attract new fans to the club.

Left midfielder? Sherman Cardenas...Rene Mihelic?

See when the press link you with a player, is it always someone on your shortlist? For the first time yesterday, I got linked with a player that wasen't on my shortlist....haden't even heard of him. Makes a change from clicking no comment all the time.

This update includes all of the January transfers and what should hopefully be the final game patch.

Is this official aye? Nothing worse than having some badly made database.

Cheers for the link bud.

Is this official aye? Nothing worse than having some badly made database.

Cheers for the link bud.

100% official mate. I know what you mean about amateur updates, I dont go near them.

The Old Tolbooth

Ha ha!! That would be me (cough)

He banged in 20 goals in 23 games for me mate, it was Branny I struggled with, he only had 14 in 23 games ;)

This is maybe a stupid question, but I assume these transfer updates don't affect any players which have transferred to/from the club you are managing??

I don't want to apply this patch, just to see my star strikers disappear!!!

This is maybe a stupid question, but I assume these transfer updates don't affect any players which have transferred to/from the club you are managing??

I don't want to apply this patch, just to see my star strikers disappear!!!

I'd doubt it will apply to existing games, it never has before. Take a risk!

You installed the update Praha, if so what's it like? I'm at 24.5%.

tommythejambo
Ha ha!! That would be me (cough)

He banged in 20 goals in 23 games for me mate, it was Branny I struggled with, he only had 14 in 23 games ;)

To be fair about 20 minutes after I posted that I went back to playing FM, he promptly scored 7 in 5, shutting me right up in the process!

I'd doubt it will apply to existing games, it never has before. Take a risk!

You installed the update Praha, if so what's it like? I'm at 24.5%.

I've only played a couple of matches with it but it does seem a bit more realistic where the match engine is concerned.

Liverpool have signed Lauri Dalla Valle on a pre-contract so you cant get him on the cheap anymore :(

Apart from that, I haven't noticed too much else but of course I have only played a couple of pre season friendlies so far.

I've only played a couple of matches with it but it does seem a bit more realistic where the match engine is concerned.

Liverpool have signed Lauri Dalla Valle on a pre-contract so you cant get him on the cheap anymore :(

Apart from that, I haven't noticed too much else but of course I have only played a couple of pre season friendlies so far.

Who the hell is Scott Robinson? In the Hearts reserves, 22 years old. The wage bill looks a bit dodgy aswell, Pospisil has been taken out so that should take 4k off the wage bill....

Ach well, adds to the challenge!

Who the hell is Scott Robinson? In the Hearts reserves, 22 years old. The wage bill looks a bit dodgy aswell, Pospisil has been taken out so that should take 4k off the wage bill....

Ach well, adds to the challenge!

I would imagine that he should be 15 ...

I would imagine that he should be 15 ...

Gary Glen out for 17 months with a broken leg...?

Scott Robinson 22 years old...?

Robert Adam 21 years old from USA...?

Calum Elliot worth 1.4 million...?

Think i'll stick to 8.0.1 for now.

Decided im going to start another game, who are the must buys at the start?

also do you play branny and glen from the start of the game or send them out on loan to get a chance first?

Decided im going to start another game, who are the must buys at the start?

also do you play branny and glen from the start of the game or send them out on loan to get a chance first?

Just make sure you have good tactics and and training(just find some cheap semi decent coaches and only get them to coach what they are best at ie defending and nothing else)you'll need about 9 coaches.Then just throw the whole lot of the 19's in and bin or sell as much first teamers as you can.I got 3rd my first season with the kids and won the Scottish Cup and i am currently first this season having won all my 20 league games but been knocked out the Wee Cup and out of the Uefa Cup.

Just beat Hibs 5-1 first time i have ever had the green fans match rating bar all the way to the top.

Just make sure you have good tactics and and training(just find some cheap semi decent coaches and only get them to coach what they are best at ie defending and nothing else)you'll need about 9 coaches.Then just throw the whole lot of the 19's in and bin or sell as much first teamers as you can.I got 3rd my first season with the kids and won the Scottish Cup and i am currently first this season having won all my 20 league games but been knocked out the Wee Cup and out of the Uefa Cup.

Just beat Hibs 5-1 first time i have ever had the green fans match rating bar all the way to the top.

cool i always do bloody average with hearts so the top are getting binned, ill see how it goes

Adrian Hora is a quality signing. Costs about ?425,000, can't remember what club from though. He's a young Romanian and can play LM, RM, AML, AMR and striker.

Natural position is striker, but he is accomplished at the rest. Quality on the left and truns out better than Stancu up front.

cool i always do bloody average with hearts so the top are getting binned, ill see how it goes

Duplus plays right across the back 4 only 18 or 19.Sign him in the Jan window on a pre contact can't remember which french team he is with but he is quality.

what countries have the best young players. It always used to be sweden but in this game it seems to be romania.

Scout France or just do a search in France some really good youngsters there.Some are too pricey but you will find some gems.

Started a game recently, same old story with FM, unable to buy anyone. Started with Newcastle and have ?8m to spend but Bolton wanted ?13m for Nolan and Spurs wanted ?10million for Malbranque and they were worth nowhere near that. Not very realistic.

The Old Tolbooth
To be fair about 20 minutes after I posted that I went back to playing FM, he promptly scored 7 in 5, shutting me right up in the process!

Heh heh, told ye ;)

Say What Again
Haha how about this :D After years of planning permission being denied. Not sure what the fans will think about the sale of Tynie, new debt and new stadium name though! Kickback would be in meltdown :P

newground.jpg

That's quality! :1022:

Say What Again
Who the hell is Scott Robinson? In the Hearts reserves, 22 years old.

I know Scott's Mum very well. Scott plays with the U-19's and recently has been involved with the reserves. He also plays for Scotland schoolboys but was injured during the recent Victory Shield.

I'm sure he's only 16 - he certainly isn't 22.

I know Scott's Mum very well. Scott plays with the U-19's and recently has been involved with the reserves. He also plays for Scotland schoolboys but was injured during the recent Victory Shield.

I'm sure he's only 16 - he certainly isn't 22.

He's only 15 at the moment.

That's quality! :1022:

I can beat that.....(okay, so it's from FM2007 but who cares?)

FM2007JambosInfo.jpg

After years of being knocked back on planning permission, Vlad eventually decided to build the Allan Stadium, a 23,000 seat stadium and sell Tynie.

Only 2 years later, Vlad sold up and the new board built an even bigger stadium called the Allan Arena, a 28,000 seat stadium with retractable roof.

The Allan Stadium was demolished after only two years of use. What a waste!

Since we moved into the Arena, the board have filled in each corner after each season and the capacity is now 38,316.

Robinson is 15, Adam is 16, Glen is out for 4 months...

That will be changed i think in the new patch when it comes out :P Should be soon as its just a wee fix.

The data things are playing up as also Pompey and Spurs are ****ed right up too amounst other things

jamboinheaven
I can beat that.....(okay, so it's from FM2007 but who cares?)

FM2007JambosInfo.jpg

After years of being knocked back on planning permission, Vlad eventually decided to build the Allan Stadium, a 23,000 seat stadium and sell Tynie.

Only 2 years later, Vlad sold up and the new board built an even bigger stadium called the Allan Arena, a 28,000 seat stadium with retractable roof.

The Allan Stadium was demolished after only two years of use. What a waste!

Since we moved into the Arena, the board have filled in each corner after each season and the capacity is now 38,316.

is that actually in the game or are u using editor?

is that actually in the game or are u using editor?

Oh, it's in the game alright. Look at the date.....I'm playing in 2022!

I have never used either the editor or the scouting thingy. It's cheating.:confused:

jamboinheaven
Oh, it's in the game alright. Look at the date.....I'm playing in 2022!

I have never used either the editor or the scouting thingy. It's cheating.:confused:

so from that u have to cheat to get a new stadium ?

Archived