FM2008 thread

From Perth to Paisley

Hearts of Vladland

I've been play for a bit now and a lose money really quick and my wages are under.

Anyone now why

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goose Baxter
I've been play for a bit now and a lose money really quick and my wages are under.

Anyone now why

Bad management!!!!!

Could be because you have low wages but your players have high bonus's like app fee's or goal or assist ones.

Are you paying up transfers monthly?

Hearts of Vladland
Bad management!!!!!

Could be because you have low wages but your players have high bonus's like app fee's or goal or assist ones.

Are you paying up transfers monthly?

Not paying any transfers mothly but I think I might be losing it on bonuses

Goose Baxter
Not paying any transfers mothly but I think I might be losing it on bonuses

They say in the book that if you are a crap team, say forfar and you cant afford to give decent wages to sign players they tell you to give them better bonuses. buts obviously with hearts you can afford to give them high bonuses. Any time i have been with hearts after my 2nd season my wages are amazingly low.

I think you should have a wee look when you offer new contracts and things like that.

The Old Tolbooth

I've built up this team over 3 seasons and won the league in all 3 so far, with 2 Scottish cups and a league cup, not been so clever in Europe though.

GK Olipmia

RB Austin (Jamaican powerhouse)

LB Dorsin (Swedish, solid)

CB Berra

CB Maire (French back up as I just lost Jose for 7M)

AML Alexe (Sold Driver for 6M and got this guy for 3M on half the wages and he's better)

CM Ruben or Plesin (rotate them both to keep them happy and both very good)

CM Putilo (Outstanding player who scores goals from midfield)

AMR Copil (Turned out to be better than Aaritalo and Kingstong was sold for 8.6M)

ST Kostadinov (simply awesome and bagged 38 goals last season)

ST Haynes (even better and won the golden boot with 51 goals last season)

A decent right back I have for back up is John Halls, cheap but effective, although I'm struggling to find a decent CH that's left footed to replace Jose as that's my only weak link just now.

If any of you haven't yet got Danny Haynes from Ipswich, then break the bank to get him!!! I got him for 1.6M early on and after the first season tied him up on a 5 year contract, needs must.

Rawrrrrrrr

Speroni

McGowan

Berra

Jose

Kingston

Eggert

Richard

Driver

Wallace

Keene

Kostadinov

Subs: Bjornson, Tall, Kelly, D McGowan, Divine, Mearns, Copil, Visconte, Husband, Cowan, McCusker, Billy Sharp, Ebanks Blake, Mads Laudrup, Matty West

Very cheap squad, very young and finished first

Would have to say most of it was down to Wallace's excellent form

Won the title in the first season , Recreate Wallace as an attacking midfielder behind the front 2, he is absolutly amazing there

Jambosimmy

i always fire copil, templeton and glen out on loan. I eneded up getting the real madrid job after about 7 seaqsons with hearts. took glen with me. cost me 7.5 million beleive it or not but what a player he turned out to be. won the cahpions league and spanish league with young glen finishing top scorer in both. Not played it in a while tho.

Fancy putting hearts and hibs into the champioship in england for some banter to see how we get on

I'm tight when it comes to finances, your lucky if I spend more than 500k on a player.

jamboinheaven

what is this guys first name?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

what is this guys first name?

Danny. Plays for Ipswich.

jamboinheaven

thanks i'm at southport and cant get him unfortunately

Rawrrrrrrr

My game is going mad with the finances

I have just been allowed to pay James Beattie 40k a week!!!! after a 3rd place finish

Man Utd have just paid 45 mn for Micheal Johnson and 26mn for Scott Arlfield:confused:

The Future's Maroon

When I first got FM08 I started a Hearts save, but the finacies crippled me - But just started afresh last week......being silly I didnt realise the problem was mainly with contracts - the majority of the first team are on something stupid appearence bonus of about ?2k-?4k a week....so some negotiations done and now those players bonus's are around ?300 - ?800 a week....makes a big difference? But the 'chairman loan' and interest does mean I am still losing alot per month....sell sell sell time!!!

Couldnt get Nicalue ifrom ICT n August as he wasnt interested so I bided my time and got him in Jan (where am at now) - made his debut against the Hobo's and scored the only goal of the game.....hero status....but he is always a great buy for any club except the big guns of Europe.....when I got him he rejected Parma and Zenit for Hearts (weird).

Also brought in Leto (no wages) on loan from Liverpool, much better than Driver stats wise....but he aint getting in the team coz Driver's form is immence.

Also brought in Ian Turner from Everton on loan - ?1,400 a week....very good signing for me.

James Fowler from Killie came in for ?350k - doing a fine job too!

Alan Maybury has also been brought in for ?60k, as I'm planning on selling Tall to help the coffers!!!

Apart from that, not much has changed in my Hearts team - coming up to the end of Jan and sitting 2nd although Celtic are 11pts in front on me.

Goose Baxter
My game is going mad with the finances

I have just been allowed to pay James Beattie 40k a week!!!! after a 3rd place finish

Man Utd have just paid 45 mn for Micheal Johnson and 26mn for Scott Arlfield:confused:

Prancer, do celtic always get mad amounts of money to spend? When i go hearts, Celtic usually buy 4 or 5 players on the 10m+ mark!!

Rawrrrrrrr
Prancer, do celtic always get mad amounts of money to spend? When i go hearts, Celtic usually buy 4 or 5 players on the 10m+ mark!!

Yes I have noticed that too, they always have ridicolous amounts

I have just started my third season and they have spent so far - S1 - 5.5 Mn, S2 12.5 mn and S3 10.75 mn although granted they just made 25 mn for brown

Tbh though the prices are inflated, for hearts I have brought in s1 875k and spent 2.2 mn

S2 - 4 mn in 975k out

S3 - 12.25 mn in 6mn out

The main problem with playing a few seasons is most SPL clubs bring in far too much in cash, for example falkirk getting 26 mn for Arlfield is farcical

Its been the same on all games, until they sort this it will always become too easy

Goose Baxter
Yes I have noticed that too, they always have ridicolous amounts

I have just started my third season and they have spent so far - S1 - 5.5 Mn, S2 12.5 mn and S3 10.75 mn although granted they just made 25 mn for brown

Tbh though the prices are inflated, for hearts I have brought in s1 875k and spent 2.2 mn

S2 - 4 mn in 975k out

S3 - 12.25 mn in 6mn out

The main problem with playing a few seasons is most SPL clubs bring in far too much in cash, for example falkirk getting 26 mn for Arlfield is farcical

Its been the same on all games, until they sort this it will always become too easy

Got to say after maybe 2/3 seasons with hearts, the money i have available is unreal. think after my 2nd season i was 150k under my wage bill and this was me asking for a massive transfer kitty and i was still geting the oppertunity to offer players massive wages but still be well under budget.

As for your Scot Arlfield signing in the game it just goes to show how unrealistic the game can be lol

Jambosimmy

I have just finished putting hearts, hibs, celtic and rangers into the championship. not started it yet but looking forward to see how it goes. try and get the mighty into the premiership.

I'm just a few games into season 2015/2016 - not doing too badly, but out of Uefa cup already.

In all the time I've been playing, I just can't seem to make the step up to winning the league, or cups on a regular basis... :confused:

Will post my current squad tonight, when I get home...

Season 2015/16 is going really well so far:

Top of the table with 8 wins out of the first 9 games.

Including this beauty against Rangers...

2536808993_6c7b2cdb22_b.jpg

Goose Baxter

Just bought this Danny Haynes as i started a new game with Hearts and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Had to end up paying 1.8m + 20% of the next sale and the boy has been utter gash.

12 games and still no goals, Does this boy come good or is he only good in some games?? The boy is dubbed the new Michael Owen and i have not been impressed by what i have seen so far.

I think its time to drop him in the reserves for a month or two!!

Goose Baxter
Just bought this Danny Haynes as i started a new game with Hearts and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Had to end up paying 1.8m + 20% of the next sale and the boy has been utter gash.

12 games and still no goals, Does this boy come good or is he only good in some games?? The boy is dubbed the new Michael Owen and i have not been impressed by what i have seen so far.

I think its time to drop him in the reserves for a month or two!!

After loading up my game the boy has now scored 11 goals in 4 games. So fingers crossed this continues.

• 2 weeks later...

About 10 or so games to go and I'm still top of the league!!!

It's nip and tuck though - I only have a 4 point lead...

I decided to try something a bit different and start with an African country and take them to the African Cup of Nations. I loaded up Scotland, England, Spain and Italy with a large database and decided to go Ivory Coast. I've searched every person eligible to play for them and there is not one goalkeeper...

I'm going to keep going, I still think I could win the tournament.

I decided to try something a bit different and start with an African country and take them to the African Cup of Nations. I loaded up Scotland, England, Spain and Italy with a large database and decided to go Ivory Coast. I've searched every person eligible to play for them and there is not one goalkeeper...

Strange I have a medium DB with england and scotland and there are a few GK on it for Ivory Coast

Gerard Gnanhouan is the first choice

Fair few french boys with 2nd nationality too

Maybe should reload with the french league included

The Old Tolbooth
After loading up my game the boy has now scored 11 goals in 4 games. So fingers crossed this continues.

He's bagged 112 goals for me in 2 and a half seasons mate, and Kostadinov has hit 64, with Glen netting 28 from playing as a sub!

Strange I have a medium DB with england and scotland and there are a few GK on it for Ivory Coast

Gerard Gnanhouan is the first choice

Fair few french boys with 2nd nationality too

Maybe should reload with the french league included

I just got 3 generated goalkeepers who look quite good. It's just a pity Yaya Toure and Emannuel Eboue are out for 5 months.

ivorycoastgoalkeeperzr3.png

Was in the fourth season with Hearts but got sick of it.

Signed all the best players up on 5 year deals. You get massive offers for the players. Kingston and Pinilla both went for 5 million. Berra left to Man City for 10 million. I was also offers of about 5 million for Jonsson, Palazuelos, Wallace and a couple of others.

Nade was fantastic on it. Got about 40 goals for me in the 3rd season but left on a bosman. Best young Scot to sign up is John Fleck from Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...
Goose Baxter
Was in the fourth season with Hearts but got sick of it.

Signed all the best players up on 5 year deals. You get massive offers for the players. Kingston and Pinilla both went for 5 million. Berra left to Man City for 10 million. I was also offers of about 5 million for Jonsson, Palazuelos, Wallace and a couple of others.

Nade was fantastic on it. Got about 40 goals for me in the 3rd season but left on a bosman. Best young Scot to sign up is John Fleck from Rangers.

I get sick of being hearts manager after about 5 or 6 seasons as a lot of the palyers are money grabbing barstewards. It takes the fun out of the game for me. my wage bill is always 50k - 60k under budget but i never seem to have what they want.

This thread always drives me to play FM.

Kinda annoying considering I never see this thread pre-12am.

Goose Baxter
This thread always drives me to play FM.

Kinda annoying considering I never see this thread pre-12am.

Just back my holiday eck and wanted to see that was new with the fm thread but i had to search a few pages down to get it. Wanted it back on the main page as this is the place that it belongs.

Now having a wee game as we speak at work. Happy Nights!

Hearts of Vladland

Anyone got a good striker for the second season after Vlad accept bid for Stancu and Pinilla and they left only left with Callum Elliot and Nade.

Sexton Hardcastle

lafferty. SUually get him on loan and once his contract is up u get him for nowt. Jermaine Beckford at Leeds turns into a decent player.

I got the Nigeria job whilst managing Hearts, and won the cup of nations with them, though in the world cup we did a scotland and won our 3rd group game by thrashing eventual winners Argentina, but had lost the first 2 so it didn't matter!

It was good fun, a few of the Nigerians were good, including a good young keeper named just "Henry" he was always gonna do well for me!

Hearts of Vladland
lafferty. SUually get him on loan and once his contract is up u get him for nowt. Jermaine Beckford at Leeds turns into a decent player.

Thanks you.

Any young talent for second year?

Any young player at Hearts that play well if give a game

Sexton Hardcastle

Keep branny and copil . Iv never played as hearts. Have a cracking leeds team. Won league 1 -15 points and FA cup final appearance. In Championship and Uefa Cup.

<a href=fmkl3.th.jpg' alt='fmkl3.th.jpg'>

Hearts of Vladland
Keep branny and copil . Iv never played as hearts. Have a cracking leeds team. Won league 1 -15 points and FA cup final appearance. In Championship and Uefa Cup.

:eek:

Your a disgrace to KB.

• 3 months later...
Goose Baxter

Not seen this thread up for a while, are people geting board with the game and wanting the fm2009 to come out now??

Anyway i am with Derby at the moment and one off my players ( David Jones ) is out for 7 - 8 months with a viral infection. I have never seen anything like this before, Has anyone ever had a player out so long with a virus?

Not seen this thread up for a while, are people geting board with the game and wanting the fm2009 to come out now??

I'm still playing... (still as Hearts boss, too)

Although last night, my video drivers in linux screwed up, so now I can't run the game any more - maybe need a re-install...

I'm still playing... (still as Hearts boss, too)

Although last night, my video drivers in linux screwed up, so now I can't run the game any more - maybe need a re-install...

Did you eventually win the league bry. Was reading this thread and saw you were 4 points clear with ten to go.

Im fulham the now in my game after starting at man city. Was there for 4 season and they never gave me anothwer contract.

Ended up witht he rangers job but finished runners up twice as celtic threw their money about and won the league easily.

1st season with fulham and having a nightmare. 17th after about 10 games. they are not impressed

Nope - the SPL is still eluding me!

Was 2nd last season, and won both cups, but still no league title... :-(

but how did you get tynecastle in it

I installed a whole bunch of image packs for things like:

- club badges

- club strips

- club stadiums

- competition logos

I'm not sure if this is exactly where I got them from, but try the following link for something the same or similar...

http://www.fmgamer.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=15230

Don't know if this has happened to any of you guys before?

I've gone into my third season of the game, but I don't have any league fixtures! They just aren't there! It's mid-July and I've played my friendlies. I have European fixtures, but looks like the won't be any league campaign this year!

Anyone know if this can be fixed or do I have to start a new game?

Archived