FM2008 thread

From Perth to Paisley

Put him on the transfer list, 'not needed by club', set asking price to zero and offer him to all clubs. Should generate some interest!

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is good even without the update!

He was only rated as a "reserve" in the last patch where as this one he is now a good SPL midfielder basically

The Old Tolbooth

I've tried to buy Sulima from Ripo 4 times but the club will only let me offer him ?300 per week and he wont come for that.

Tried offloading Tall, Pospisil, Mcann etc to free up wages but they just wont go lol!

Bought a guy called Charles Andre Doudin for 20k and he scores for fun along with Kostadinov and Pinilla but trying to keep them all happy is a nightmare.

Also bought a guy called Rok Kronaveter for virtually nowt and he's awesome!

Anyone recommend any decent right backs as Sorin aint in my game and I've got Tall there just now?

There is a costa rican right back who is good but i cant remember his name.

Offer McCann and Poppy etc out as frees its worth it to get rid of the wges.

Just got the game yesterday

So far have signed only two players and sold two players.

Signed Wanderlay(only 18years old) from Brazilian Second Divsion side AA Ponte Preta for ?1.8m rising to ?2.2m

and Greame Smith form Motherwell for ?330,000

Sold Pospisil for ?1m and Goncalves for ?890,000

Played 6 games won 4 and lost two

Wanderlay has scored 9 goals in 5 games the lad is absolutely brilliant.

Guest juvehearts

Right Guy's,

I finally took the plunge & got FM08.

Im Leeds just headding into my 3rd season (premiership)

my team is IMO good.

1. Ryan Thompson (Ross County)

2. Charlie Milgrew ( Wolves)

3. Stephen Carr (Newcastle)

4. Paul Hungington (leeds, fromally Newcastle)

5. Wes Morgan ( Forrest)

6. Greg Cameron ( Dundee Utd)

7. Fillpe Da Costa (Leeds, re: Braga, he played v hearts in 03)

8. Graham Cavinagh ( Wigan)

9. Jamie Murphy (well)

10.Gaberiel Tojre (cjf) in Romania.

we beat liverpool in the carling cup quarters to win a pulsating final 5-4 v bolton!

im at work at the mo, so this is just a draft team of players i can remember getting/playing for me that have done well during my time.

IIRC ryan Mcvitte (sp) is a decent RB he is in the aberdeen youth team.

WHATEVER you do, do not buy david clarkston, he is gash of the highest order, one eye is better that him in the game FFS!!!

Think i will wait until 8.0.2 is out before i start my Hearts game. Reading abotu Hearts games is makking me want to start one again.

when will that be out ?

Ok started a new game this morning and decided for a little experiment just to go with mostly youth from the start.

Im using a tactic that i downloaded from cmfrenzy.com called Arsenal Untouchables(it's in a whole pack of tactics)which is basically just a tweaked 4-4-2.

So played the friendlies and won the first game 0-6 against Dumbarton drew all my other friendlies apart from the last against Shelbourne where i got a man sent off after 28mins and lost 1-4.

I sold Neilson to Hull City for ?500,000,Tall to Le Harve for ?380,000 and Goncalves to Galatasray for ?675,000

I signed Sulima for ?65,000 from Ripo

I have beaten Hibs 2-0 and Aberdeen 1-4 so far using this team.

Sulima

Wallace(would have been Rapnik but Berra was suspended)

Rapnik

McGowan

Karypidis

Visconte

Husband(scored 3 goals so far the guy is a star)

Jonsson

Copil

Kostidinov(2 goals so far)

Templeton(1 goal)

Subs

Bjornsson

Glen

Palazuelos

Park

Cesnauskis

Wagner

Driver

Rest of first team squad

Banks

Kingston

Berra(played in second game in place of Wallace with Rapnik moving to LB)

Miko

Aguiar

Mearns

Not really expecting to do that much this season,hopefully mid table but hopefully they will all grow into a great team.Have signed all the youing lads up on deals until 2012

Dr Ian Malcolm

On the whole, If you just wait until near the end of the season, the ones threatening not to sign news deals usually will if they're playing often enough. Only one I didn't keep was Berra (after I'd won the league as well) 'cause Newcastle and Blackburn were interested.

Back in the days before Kostadinov when Nade was he main man up front, he wouldn't sign a new contract so I just left until it had nearly run down and offered him a new deal - he signed, promtply to have his top scorer title ripped away by Kostadinov - he's '08's Sergey Kisliy (who seems to be pish this time round. Shame - one of the great FM legends).

I know it has already been posted but could someone post the update and how you do it as I can't be bothered searching for it as my computer is quite slow at the moment.

Help appreciated.

Say What Again
I know it has already been posted but could someone post the update and how you do it as I can't be bothered searching for it as my computer is quite slow at the moment.

Help appreciated.

This should do it Sked.

Just double-click on what you download and it will install automatically.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showpost.php?p=55704&postcount=130

Say What Again

To recap, I was asked to resign by Vlad at the end of season 4 after declaring an interest in the Wigan job.

I resigned but got the Wigan job. They'd just been relegated from the Championship to League 1.

I got myself to 2nd come the January transfer window but then my chairman accepted ?3.9 million for Brellier, ?2.2 million for Billy Jones and ?3.3 million for Alex Bruce. (I thought I'd escaped interfering chairman when I was booted from Hearts)

Brellier was pretty much my main man in the middle, Bruce was my captain, and Billy Jones' versatility was vital, so I lost 3 big players. I chose not to spend big on replacements and just sign cover - which seems to be backfiring. I was 9 clear in 2nd but since the departure of these 3 I'v went P6 W1 D2 L3 in the league.

I'm still hanging on with:

Brad Jones

Aaron Hughes ..... Andy Webster ..... Emerson Boyce ..... Steve Hammell

David Proctor ..... Jason Koumas ..... Julio Arca

Anthony Stokes ........................................................ Gael Kakuta

Morten Neilson

Kakuta's on loan from Arsenal and is immense. 16 goals and 12 assists from his AM/F/L position.

Say What Again
Cheers. How long do you think it will take for it to download as I am away to play 5's in 20 minutes?

I'm sure it took me about 15 mins with 8Mb broadband

Joao Carlos

Alan Hutton ---- Eggert Jonsson ---- Matej Rapnik ---- Matthew Park

Alex ------------------- Elias Wagner

David Templeton ------------------------------ Rocky Visconte

Branimir Kostadinov ---------- Gary Glen

11 points clear, UEFA Cup Semi Final. Piece o' ****. Develop the youngsters, it's so worth it.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Dod you just stick the youngsters in the team and wait on them to improve or have them out on loan etc and brought them in when they were ready?

Dod you just stick the youngsters in the team and wait on them to improve or have them out on loan etc and brought them in when they were ready?

Eggert from the start. McGowan is the best one actually but I couldn't get a WP so he's in Poland getting citizenship. He'll be ready next season. He and Eggert were my back 2 when I sold Berra, Tall and Goncalves.

Branny the next season played regularly, then he got injured so I stuck Glen and Templeton in. I also played them regularly in the CIS Cup. All but Wagner were starters for me the next season. This is season 4 and Wagner's joined them, as the youngest.

But I played them in the cup from 2007 - and they won it, so I'd go for it.

Since I put them in, Templeton, Visconte, Branny and Glen have 110 goals between them.

Say What Again
Joao Carlos

I signed him for ?1 million at the start of season 3. In January of that season, Vlad accepted ?5 million for him and 5 months after signing him, he was gone :(

Just started season 4.

Got to quarter finals of the CL last year and the quarters of UEFA the year before so I have some cash to spare right now.

Took the plunge and signed Danilinho from Palmeiras for ?7.5mil.

He's ripping the SPL up for erse paper.

Hopefully he'll help me out of a total bassa CL group of Real Madrid, Porto and Spartak Moscow.

Eggert from the start. McGowan is the best one actually but I couldn't get a WP so he's in Poland getting citizenship. He'll be ready next season. He and Eggert were my back 2 when I sold Berra, Tall and Goncalves.

Branny the next season played regularly, then he got injured so I stuck Glen and Templeton in. I also played them regularly in the CIS Cup. All but Wagner were starters for me the next season. This is season 4 and Wagner's joined them, as the youngest.

But I played them in the cup from 2007 - and they won it, so I'd go for it.

Since I put them in, Templeton, Visconte, Branny and Glen have 110 goals between them.

I have played them all from the start so far 5 wins 1 draw and 3 defeats.2 of the defeats were to Rangers and Celtic both 1-0 and the other a 2-0 defeat to bottom St Mirren.Had some amazing displays aswell 6-3 against Well being the standout.

Anyone sign any Chinese players?

I have a few for my bradford team and the best one i have had so far is a player called 'Gao Lin' Sign him and play him behind the front 2.

Bangs in the goals

Say What Again

Are there any chairmen in the game that aren't ****s? Serious question.

Granted, I've only been Hearts and Wigan in my career so far but Vlad was never happy, constantly accepted bids for my players (Berra, Wallace, Copil, Jose) then asked me to resign or be sacked after I said I'd listen to any offer from Wigan. That was after 1 title and 2 Cup Finals in 4 seasons.

On to Wigan and the during my first season the chairman accepts bids for Brellier, Jones and Bruce in January (Billy Jones being the worst, he was valued at ?775k and the chairman took ?2.2 million). Then, after winning the Johnsons Paint Trophy, I take them straight back up to the Championship in 2nd with a points tally that would have won the league in any of the previous 4 years. The chairman is satisfied, saying he always expected to go up and that I'll have to improve greatly next season.

He then proceeds to give me a ?400k transfer budget when I had ?12 million in the bank.

Are they all like that?

:mad:

I have been going alright in my 3rd season as Hearts boss, but I have been hitting a mid-season slump, and have lost around 4-5 games on the trot.

(including 2 absolute hammerings by Hibs)

Can anyone suggest anything that might help?

The Old Tolbooth
Are there any chairmen in the game that aren't ****s? Serious question.

Granted, I've only been Hearts and Wigan in my career so far but Vlad was never happy, constantly accepted bids for my players (Berra, Wallace, Copil, Jose) then asked me to resign or be sacked after I said I'd listen to any offer from Wigan. That was after 1 title and 2 Cup Finals in 4 seasons.

On to Wigan and the during my first season the chairman accepts bids for Brellier, Jones and Bruce in January (Billy Jones being the worst, he was valued at ?775k and the chairman took ?2.2 million). Then, after winning the Johnsons Paint Trophy, I take them straight back up to the Championship in 2nd with a points tally that would have won the league in any of the previous 4 years. The chairman is satisfied, saying he always expected to go up and that I'll have to improve greatly next season.

He then proceeds to give me a ?400k transfer budget when I had ?12 million in the bank.

Are they all like that?

:mad:

Ouch, thats a sore one mate. I've just finished my first season with Hearts because I couldnt get on without the patch etc until all your help (cheers for that bud).

Finished second behind Celtic who were miles in front of the rest and look very good, and have a Scottish cup final against Rangers to play (well, I actually saved the game before playing the final and lost it 1-0 so can go back in and have another go ;))

So far no interferance from Romanov and I'm struggling to sell any players to raise cash, but I have a pretty good side anyway and was awarded ?925,000

for finishing second which helps.

Also beat Hibs 4 times which was nice :)

The Old Tolbooth
I have been going alright in my 3rd season as Hearts boss, but I have been hitting a mid-season slump, and have lost around 4-5 games on the trot.

Save the game before a derby match and if the result doesnt go to plan, then quit and play it again, you get huge votes of confidence that keeps you in a job for beating the vermin ;)

Say What Again
Save the game before a derby match and if the result doesnt go to plan, then quit and play it again, you get huge votes of confidence that keeps you in a job for beating the vermin ;)

Is that how you beat them 4 times John? ;)

Hearts team.

4th in first season

1st in second season & Scottish Cup

Team as Follows

-------------------Kingston-----------------

McCann----Forster------Berra------Wallace

Torje------Garvan------Ropotan-----Fleck

----------Paponi------Lafferty---------

Notable sales: Stancu ?4.8m, Piatti ?3.8m

That's just cheating!! :eek:

Could my consistency of selection be backfiring on me?

Should I mix things up a little?

(I usually have the same back 4 and keeper, with a few changes in midfield and attack)...

For all those who are having their players sold from under them by the chairmen:

If you have a player wanted by many clubs, but you don't wanna sell him, this is what you do.

Go to the 'Transfer Status' screen of the player in question, set his transfer status to ?0 and select 'Refuse Offers Of ?0 Or Less'.

Clubs will subsequently bid only ?0, to which your chairman won't find too good to turn down, and you keep your player.

Ouch, thats a sore one mate. I've just finished my first season with Hearts because I couldnt get on without the patch etc until all your help (cheers for that bud).

Finished second behind Celtic who were miles in front of the rest and look very good, and have a Scottish cup final against Rangers to play (well, I actually saved the game before playing the final and lost it 1-0 so can go back in and have another go ;))

So far no interferance from Romanov and I'm struggling to sell any players to raise cash, but I have a pretty good side anyway and was awarded ?925,000

for finishing second which helps.

Also beat Hibs 4 times which was nice :)

:laugh:

Done that many a time. Best trick in the book.

Reading this thread is making me want to start a save with the Mighty. So after I have downloaded the patch and finished my second season with La Viola I will get it started.

New season, lots of money, team has a big appeal due to winning the UEFA Cup.

So this season's line-up is.....

Joao Carlos, Hutton, Jiranek, Jonsson, Garrido, Ivanschitz, Alex, Danilinho, Walcott (free!), Glen, Kostadinov.

With the usual suspects on the bench, plus Ruben Baraja.

The Old Tolbooth
Is that how you beat them 4 times John? ;)

Ok, hands up time heh heh, beat them 3 times fair and square 5-0, 2-0 and 5-3.

The other time it took me 4 attempts to record the 4-1 win after 2 draws and a 4-0 humping :confused:

The Old Tolbooth
:laugh:

Done that many a time. Best trick in the book.

Reading this thread is making me want to start a save with the Mighty. So after I have downloaded the patch and finished my second season with La Viola I will get it started.

Heh heh, least were honest and are the only 2 to admit to this ;)

Heh heh, least were honest and are the only 2 to admit to this ;)

I did it all the time in FM2007.

That's how my Hearts team won the Champions League 14 years in a row, now play in a 40,000 seat stadium with a retractable roof and have a team full of world class internationals.

Oh, and are also the 3rd richest team in the world.:1022:

Ok, hands up time heh heh, beat them 3 times fair and square 5-0, 2-0 and 5-3.

The other time it took me 4 attempts to record the 4-1 win after 2 draws and a 4-0 humping :confused:

4 times?!?!?!:laugh:

How long does it take you to finish a season?

Although I just done it 10 minutes ago. Got beat at home by Brescia 1-0 for my first defeat in 16 games. Their manager before the game said I wouldn't win the league. I said I am going to hump them in the upcoming game.

So was not having him taking away the three points.

Go to here http://cmfrenzy.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=99999999&func=startdown&id=4229 and download this tactic pack and use one of the tactics.I am using Arsenal Untouchables.I am using basically my under 19's team as my first team and am currently 7pts clear of Hibs in 3rd place after 20 games and 8 behind Celtic who are 2nd.Have beaten Hibs both games first one 2-0 and the second game 1-4.

Glen,Husband,McGowan and Templeton are all attracting EPL teams and Branny is on fire with 17 goal in 21 games.

I did it all the time in FM2007.

That's how my Hearts team won the Champions League 14 years in a row, now play in a 40,000 seat stadium with a retractable roof and have a team full of world class internationals.

Oh, and are also the 3rd richest team in the world.:1022:

Seems alot of hard work why not just download an editor and give yourself ?500m thats what i did in FM07 but i am finding it alot more fun doing things with the kids though although i do have another game saved where i was cheating but as i say it's just not as much fun.Here is a link if anyone wants it.

http://thatfootball.mydiyzone.com/?p=29

Go to here http://cmfrenzy.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=99999999&func=startdown&id=4229 and download this tactic pack and use one of the tactics.I am using Arsenal Untouchables.I am using basically my under 19's team as my first team and am currently 7pts clear of Hibs in 3rd place after 20 games and 8 behind Celtic who are 2nd.Have beaten Hibs both games first one 2-0 and the second game 1-4.

Glen,Husband,McGowan and Templeton are all attracting EPL teams and Branny is on fire with 17 goal in 21 games.

Cheers for that - I'll give it a shot.

Don't suppose you know where I could get a scottish graphics pack?

(All the Scottish club badges, kits etc)

Cheers for that - I'll give it a shot.

Don't suppose you know where I could get a scottish graphics pack?

(All the Scottish club badges, kits etc)

bry,

if you try sortitoutsi.net they have alot of things for FM08

Archived