*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

19 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

An old has been who no one else wanted 

not good enough 

Away and have a lie doon. I usually just ignore your constant pish but you're just all sorts of wrong here.

Snodgrass was wanted by a good number of teams before he signed for us - that's why it was one of those late deals that completed after deadline day - because he was considering his numerous options. Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Luton Town all made him an offer, but he chose us. He was also probably our best player (coin toss between him and Humphrys) at the weekend and was absolutely solid in the first half. 

... And your response as always will be to remind people that you're entitled to an opinion - but its very convenient that your opinion just happens to be the most negative and critical one possible, at all times. You're an absolute troll of a laddie and should honestly be removed from here. You're absolutely tedious. 

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Except Luton offered him a contract and the vast majority of their fans wanted to keep him.

You just make things up.  Quite something on this board to be pretty much the worst poster on it.

Bore off.

This.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not sure how the Asian markets work, but sure Lee Seung-woo’s contract is up by the end of this month. So with his team’s season finished you’d think an announcement could be made. Unless something either in the contract or a gentleman’s agreement means they don’t announce until actually a free agent. And if that’s the case then you’d think from 1st November we could sign him straight away. But again, I doubt it’s that straightforward.

Thats if he is out of contract, I have seen conflicting information online from people who follow South Korean football whether he is out of contract or not. Though I imagine if not, then his club are going to be more accepting of an offer (within reason) than in the summer. Would love if Hearts could get it done early so he can come over before January to train with the team.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not sure how the Asian markets work, but sure Lee Seung-woo’s contract is up by the end of this month. So with his team’s season finished you’d think an announcement could be made. Unless something either in the contract or a gentleman’s agreement means they don’t announce until actually a free agent. And if that’s the case then you’d think from 1st November we could sign him straight away. But again, I doubt it’s that straightforward.

Pretty sure Big Joe confirmed we would be keeping that one open and would try again, but no idea how their contracts work (and neither did he when we approached him, it seems). I think they sign for X amount of years and have their contract "renewed" every year, but might be something different. One that I'm watching with great interest as he looks like a superb wee player.

RustyRightPeg
33 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Away and have a lie doon. I usually just ignore your constant pish but you're just all sorts of wrong here.

Snodgrass was wanted by a good number of teams before he signed for us - that's why it was one of those late deals that completed after deadline day - because he was considering his numerous options. Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Luton Town all made him an offer, but he chose us. He was also probably our best player (coin toss between him and Humphrys) at the weekend and was absolutely solid in the first half. 

... And your response as always will be to remind people that you're entitled to an opinion - but its very convenient that your opinion just happens to be the most negative and critical one possible, at all times. You're an absolute troll of a laddie and should honestly be removed from here. You're absolutely tedious. 

👍🏽👍🏽

29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats if he is out of contract, I have seen conflicting information online from people who follow South Korean football whether he is out of contract or not. Though I imagine if not, then his club are going to be more accepting of an offer (within reason) than in the summer. Would love if Hearts could get it done early so he can come over before January to train with the team.

25 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Pretty sure Big Joe confirmed we would be keeping that one open and would try again, but no idea how their contracts work (and neither did he when we approached him, it seems). I think they sign for X amount of years and have their contract "renewed" every year, but might be something different. One that I'm watching with great interest as he looks like a superb wee player.

Very muddied waters indeed. Here’s hoping that something can be done and, importantly, it’s worth the wait.

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Very muddied waters indeed. Here’s hoping that something can be done and, importantly, it’s worth the wait.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Savage saying they are confident they can sign him and seeing his interview where he talks about us making an offer but it was during the season and he went with what his team wanted but certainly made it clear that he would go back to Europe in the winter if an offer came up, makes me much more positive about this. (There was also a poster who said we were also looking to sign the 2nd top scorer in the league Cho Gue-sung, though that may be a lot tougher to happen. I would take that rumour with a pinch of salt but I would not be surprised if Seung-Woo is not the only Asian player we will be looking at in January.)

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Savage saying they are confident they can sign him and seeing his interview where he talks about us making an offer but it was during the season and he went with what his team wanted but certainly made it clear that he would go back to Europe in the winter if an offer came up, makes me much more positive about this. (There was also a poster who said we were also looking to sign the 2nd top scorer in the league Cho Gue-sung, though that may be a lot tougher to happen. I would take that rumour with a pinch of salt but I would not be surprised if Seung-Woo is not the only Asian player we will be looking at in January.)

Certainly need to explore other markets. There’s deals to be had elsewhere, certainly.

17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This is what I'm referring to above. Very encouraging if this is what he's said. Hopefully we don't sit on our hands for too long and get things done nice and early. 

Just looked up Ueda to see what he's up to and it seems he's signed for Cercle Brugge so that'll not be happening. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Would like to see us go for Armstrong of Killie.  

I thought this guy was like 19-20 but he's actually 25! Not for me, and he offers no improvement on what we already have.

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I thought this guy was like 19-20 but he's actually 25! Not for me, and he offers no improvement on what we already have.

Aye me too.  Scrap that then :lol: 

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

The next 2 transfer windows needs to see us offload around 7 or 8 of the current first team squad and add 10 new players.

I agree we need to offload which sometimes is easier said than done because of contract lengths.

As regards signing 10 players, the further net increase of 2 or 3 will impact on academy players coming through and then raises the question of whether it's worth having an academy at all.

This window we need to get in at least 2 experienced cb's not projects based on stats.

We need at least two wingers who have actually got pace and get rid of Gms and Ginnely.

A cam and a another striker as Henderson ain't good enough back up.

Punt the ones mentioned above and also henderson even look to get rid of Sibbick 

9 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

And grant. 

He has hardly played Grant in such a way.I think the biggest problem with Robbie is he tries to please to much when talking to the media and fans about the signings we were looking to bring in.His whole we will be looking to bring that extra quality in nearer the end of the window shit was just setting things up for disappointment.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

He has hardly played Grant in such a way.I think the biggest problem with Robbie is he tries to please to much when talking to the media and fans about the signings we were looking to bring in.His whole we will be looking to bring that extra quality in nearer the end of the window shit was just setting things up for disappointment.

The problem is that at no point this season has he had a fully fit squad so he's had to move players around and use them differently to how they were originally intended. Grant in pre-season was a sort of forward lying playmaker or what you might have called a number 8 - he sat just in front of the holding midfielder(s) and pinged passes around - which is something that would be incredibly useful to us right now. He's basically had to sit a lot deeper because of injuries to Beni, Cammy, Halkett, Rowles, and I think we'll see more of what he's really about when those guys are back and he's freed up to play a more attacking role. This goes for Snodgrass too, who quite clearly can't defend but is having to sit a lot deeper than he would probably like to. 

Cant' wait to get these run of games out the way and to get some guys back from injury and properly back up to speed after the World Cup break. We'll be like a different team. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Holyrood_Hearts
20 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

An old has been who no one else wanted 

not good enough 

**** you don’t half talk some shite. 

Holyrood_Hearts
12 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Would like to see us go for Armstrong of Killie.  

Agreed on this. 

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

I do agree with you on the way he's been used so far but he certainly looks more of a ball player than a defensive player. I'm not convinced if Grants any good yet but I'd like to see him play a bit further forward or be given a bit more freedom. 

I'm pretty sure Wee Joe will be shopping in the bargain basement dept, if at all. I mean have we got any money left? We will need a fair wedge for the Boutique Hotel surely 🤷‍♂️

46 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

The problem is that at no point this season has he had a fully fit squad so he's had to move players around and use them differently to how they were originally intended. Grant in pre-season was a sort of forward lying playmaker or what you might have called a number 8 - he sat just in front of the holding midfielder(s) and pinged passes around - which is something that would be incredibly useful to us right now. He's basically had to sit a lot deeper because of injuries to Beni, Cammy, Halkett, Rowles, and I think we'll see more of what he's really about when those guys are back and he's freed up to play a more attacking role. This goes for Snodgrass too, who quite clearly can't defend but is having to sit a lot deeper than he would probably like to. 

Cant' wait to get these run of games out the way and to get some guys back from injury and properly back up to speed after the World Cup break. We'll be like a different team. 

Would like to think that would happen but I think we will probably end up barely seeing Grant when they are back

43 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I do agree with you on the way he's been used so far but he certainly looks more of a ball player than a defensive player. I'm not convinced if Grants any good yet but I'd like to see him play a bit further forward or be given a bit more freedom. 

Agree , it's actually hard to judge a lot of them

Heartbreaking he may get more money to waste on half decent players and coach the last bit of skill and confidence out of them.

Wouldn't give him another penny to blow.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Australis said:

Heartbreaking he may get more money to waste on half decent players and coach the last bit of skill and confidence out of them.

Wouldn't give him another penny to blow.

Agreed, we already had Haring and Halliday for CM who have no pace and we go and buy KIO, who has no pace. Mental. Just another example. But as you say players who start brightly always nosedive. Fully expect Humphrys to be next, Forrest, Grant and Shankland are already there!!

Random Eastern European names - I like it haha. Feels like Romanov is back! 

FWIW, Satka is decent. Full international, experience in Europe, played in the EPL. 

Never heard of the Azerbaijani guy. 

Could obviously be totally random with no substance. Let's see if it goes anywhere. 

Edited by Batistuta87

gorgierulesapply88
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Where are these from?

Daily Record, but confused as to why they've just pulled out 2 random names.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Daily Record, but confused as to why they've just pulled out 2 random names.

Yeah it is a strange one, presume the journalist just scrolled down a list of players out of contract at the end of the season and just randomly picked players that sounded like they might fit.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/16-looming-transfer-free-agents-28268803

31 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah it is a strange one, presume the journalist just scrolled down a list of players out of contract at the end of the season and just randomly picked players that sounded like they might fit.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/16-looming-transfer-free-agents-28268803

Tbf that's what the majority of itk posters do lol

Offer Kio back to the team we got him from. Try and get half our money back and not be so ****ing stupid when we have some pennies to spend again. 

Worse than Devlin and Beni, on a par with post injury Haring. An utterly baffling signing that was a waste of a significant amount of money.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Offer Kio back to the team we got him from. Try and get half our money back and not be so ****ing stupid when we have some pennies to spend again. 

Worse than Devlin and Beni, on a par with post injury Haring. An utterly baffling signing that was a waste of a significant amount of money.

Nobody has played recently, I'll judge him after the world cup. Looks like he needs time to settle into the pace of the league though.

Can't wait to get Beni back.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Can we please find another Cammy Devlin to come on for Cammy Devlin when he runs out of steam :smile:

On 19/10/2022 at 14:56, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Not sure where they pluck these players from...

Screenshot_20221019_145436.jpg

We very nearly signed this guy in May. His agent kept moving the goalposts on money though and then we signed Rowles 

Probably a very strong possibility that we sign him in January. 

gorgierulesapply88
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We very nearly signed this guy in May. His agent kept moving the goalposts on money though and then we signed Rowles 

Will need to see wyscout and YouTube on him.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes ****ing please!!! Looks like he's right footed and can play RB too. 

On 22/10/2022 at 13:00, OTT said:

I wondered at the time whether this was a signing made ahead of the winter window. There has previously been interest in both Beni & Devlin. FWIW I hope we keep them both.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Last sentence translates (crudely) to

"I hope you see you all again in the future. Thank you."

Was told 2 weeks ago this boy was 100% coming in the winter break.

Jacob Davenport is another name I've seen mentioned.

Was he the guy that was on trial with us a few months back or in the summer and wasn't offered a deal? 

Maybe it's back on for January as he only signed with another club on a short term deal.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Was told 2 weeks ago this boy was 100% coming in the winter break.

Would hope if possible we could him over before New Year so we can get him training with the team (think Celtic did that with some of their January Japanese signings.) But would be delighted if this goes through.

Also think we will be targeting other Asian players.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***