*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Got to give these guys a chance, both young in a completely new country and culture. Henderson has had plenty chances and has never got the ability to make it at Hearts. We have said all along that Oda is one that will be a slow burner, think once he gets up to speed with the pace of the game and learns the language he could be a great option to have. 

Completely agree. From what we have seen with Oda in his short time, there is signs I think he will do well long term. He gets stuck in, is making intelligent runs that when his team mates get used to him will benefit us. Think we will see flashes from him for the rest of the season then next season see his real potential. Kuol is similar and has shown that he is not afraid of playing in Scottish football (his first game he went in for an aerial challenge with a guy who look a foot taller than him) and he does have glimpses that he can get a goal and how devastating that pace is. I am more convinced that Hearts and Newcastle have a verbal agreement that he will stay for a another season (new loan rules mean you cant have a loan deal that lasts longer than 12 months, so he would need to go back to Newcastle then have a new loan deal agreed) as it would explain the cautious approach by Hearts. So use this half to get him used to Scottish football and next season he shines.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Got to give these guys a chance, both young in a completely new country and culture. Henderson has had plenty chances and has never got the ability to make it at Hearts. We have said all along that Oda is one that will be a slow burner, think once he gets up to speed with the pace of the game and learns the language he could be a great option to have. 

It would help if we could establish a decent lead in games, especially at home, so that these guys could be given half an hour on the pitch. Too often we seem to be defending a narrow lead or trying to get back into games well into the second half.

27 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It would help if we could establish a decent lead in games, especially at home, so that these guys could be given half an hour on the pitch. Too often we seem to be defending a narrow lead or trying to get back into games well into the second half.

Absolutely.

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It's a pity the other team trys to stop  us and win games themselves 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

How dare they.

lost in space
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's  a bigger pity when the other teams players aren't as good as ours and they win by putting in more effort over 90 mins.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

It's  a bigger pity when the other teams players aren't as good as ours and they win by putting in more effort over 90 mins.

It is, but that's where a league comes in and then the better teams end up higher so you can separate the one of results and the more consistent teams.

I don't expect Hearts to win every game so I don't feel the pity you feel.

You must have amassed a lot of pity over the years, you'd think you'd now understand how things work, especially the seasons outside of Bob managing us in the past ten years.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

lost in space
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It is, but that's where a league comes in and then the better teams end up higher so you can separate the one of results and the more consistent teams.

I don't expect Hearts to win every game so I don't feel the pity you feel.

You must have amassed a lot of pity over the years, you'd think you'd now understand how things work, especially the seasons outside of Bob managing us in the past ten years.

Funnily enough, i only have feelings of pity after reading your posts!

Actually, I don't think I feel pity - but mild anger and frustration when our players don't look as tho they can be bothered. Maybe its just me who feels that way of course.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Funnily enough, i only have feelings of pity after reading your posts!

Actually, I don't think I feel pity - but mild anger and frustration when our players don't look as tho they can be bothered. Maybe its just me who feels that way of course.

Aye, the players can't be bothered some games.

That's the problem. 

Save the pity for yourself, you'll need it.

lost in space
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, the players can't be bothered some games.

That's the problem. 

Save the pity for yourself, you'll need it.

So if that isn't the problem, what is?

Please don't say that sometimes other teams just play better on the day - as we VERY rarely play better than teams above us in the League/Europe.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, lost in space said:

So if that isn't the problem, what is?

Please don't say that sometimes other teams just play better on the day - as we VERY rarely play better than teams above us in the League/Europe.

So when we were in tbe championship,  got promoted and then finished 3rd, none of the teams we beat  or played well against were better than us?

On promotion last year, we were instantly and automatically the 3rd best team?

Bob's been one lucky manager.

Blessed with the best squad in the championship 1st time,  then with 3rd best squad on promotion. 

Then after we went to shit,  he came in  at the exact moment we had the 3rd best squad again!

Add in the shit opposition, he is just really lucky.

Really lucky,  almost unbelievable really.

You are on the verge of stating-

I hate being so high in the league   as there are less teams to beat that are above us.

Arteta would be on a shoogly peg with your reasoning.

Ange would be sacked, he's not beaten a team or played well v a team above them in the league for about 18 months. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

lost in space
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

So when we were in tbe championship,  got promoted and then finished 3rd, none of the teams we beat  or played well against were better than us?

On promotion last year, we were instantly and automatically the 3rd best team?

Bob's been one lucky manager.

Blessed with the best squad in the championship 1st time,  then with 3rd best squad on promotion. 

Then after we went to shit,  he came in  at the exact moment we had the 3rd best squad again!

Add in the shit opposition, he is just really lucky.

Really lucky,  almost unbelievable really.

You are on the verge of stating-

I hate being so high in the league   as there are less teams to beat that are above us.

Arteta would be on a shoogly peg with your reasoning.

Ange would be sacked, he's not beaten a team or played well v a team above them in the league for about 18 months. 

You OK?

I only asked what our problem was (not competing with "higher" placed teams while lower teams are doing well against us) and you have immediately jumped to the defence of the manager, teams results over last few years etc).

AND "I am on the verge of stating... "(wtf!!).

Paranoid or what???

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You OK?

I only asked what our problem was (not competing with "higher" placed teams while lower teams are doing well against us) and you have immediately jumped to the defence of the manager, teams results over last few years etc).

AND "I am on the verge of stating... "(wtf!!).

Paranoid or what???

When mirror is held up, sometimes the  reflection is ugly.

lost in space
29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

When mirror is held up, sometimes the  reflection is ugly.

Ok, your starting to worry me now. If you havnt been taking Class A drugs, suggest you seek help.

In fact, also seek help if you are taking Class A drugs.