*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

gorgierulesapply88
3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I'm now thinking we are short/weak in 3 positions, 

I feel we need a

CH - a solid and Experienced pro who can play in a back 4.

RB - someone who is a solid player and a good bit younger than Smith, as I have no faith in Atkinson, I would personally go for Stephen O'Donnell or Nicky Devlin.

LW - hopefully the boy Seung Woo, we just really need someone who can push McKay for a starting place if he is not performing.

If we get that, plus with beni coming back after xmas then I think we will get 3rd again.

O donnell based on what? International experience? Because he's not the type to take us to the next level.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

O donnell based on what? International experience? Because he's not the type to take us to the next level.

Would be a solid addition imo, would take him over Atkinson who I don't rate and Smith is not getting any younger, who would your suggestion be?

4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I'm now thinking we are short/weak in 3 positions, 

I feel we need a

CH - a solid and Experienced pro who can play in a back 4.

RB - someone who is a solid player and a good bit younger than Smith, as I have no faith in Atkinson, I would personally go for Stephen O'Donnell or Nicky Devlin.

LW - hopefully the boy Seung Woo, we just really need someone who can push McKay for a starting place if he is not performing.

If we get that, plus with beni coming back after xmas then I think we will get 3rd again.

O'Donnell???  Jesus christ mate.

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would be a solid addition imo, would take him over Atkinson who I don't rate and Smith is not getting any younger, who would your suggestion be?

I'd play Sibbick there, tall younger than Atkinson and he's definitely not a centre half.

He has played there before. I'd also start playing a 'youngster' more often than not to push on development.

32 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I'd play Sibbick there, tall younger than Atkinson and he's definitely not a centre half.

He has played there before. I'd also start playing a 'youngster' more often than not to push on development.

Yes.  I think Toby could be developed in to a very good RB.  Could also be a gateway to CH for him - many have went that path - Weir and Elvis to name two.  Elvis especially a very shaky young CB, moved to RB, did OK, moved back to CH became a real leader.

That said, let's not write Natty off just yet.  The lad has had a tough start to the season but there's plenty talent there.  Halkett being out a big blow for him and I can understand why Smith playing ahead of him at the moment, but when our defence settles, we may well see more of him.  He'll be desperate to play pre-WC too.

comradejambo

After watching our limited options up top against better teams, think we really need a target man. A Nouble (who people laughed at when we were linked with him) would be massively effective for this team imo … and likely help shankland. Ragdolled our defence and would be a handful! 

Edited by comradejambo

Pasquale for King
On 04/10/2022 at 10:32, gorgierulesapply88 said:

It’s a good shout. 

RustyRightPeg
On 04/10/2022 at 09:30, gregzy2k7 said:

thousands of other right back roam this planet. Any of them over O’Donnell

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would signing Djoum be such a bad thing at the moment?

Pea hearted, yes it would be.

RCB is a must, as it was before the window closed. Surely they must be ruing not doing something on this before now. You didn't need a crystal ball to foresee a possible problem in this area. Even without Halkett's injury we still needed a replacement for Souttar. Neilson is a great young prospect but is not ready to fill those shoes yet. 

On 06/10/2022 at 23:26, comradejambo said:

After watching our limited options up top against better teams, think we really need a target man. A Nouble (who people laughed at when we were linked with him) would be massively effective for this team imo … and likely help shankland. Ragdolled our defence and would be a handful! 

Ragdolling our defence isn't exactly a difficult thing to do.

Leveins Battalion

Not sure who he is doing it for but Christophe Berra was scouting at Livi-Ross County on Saturday, whilst County won Joel Nouble was the best player on the park by a country mile.

If we actually wanted the forward from Korea we noted an interest in…then why haven’t we heard anything about him signing a pre-contract to join in January?

I’m fairly sure that’s when he was available…apologies if that’s incorrect.

We desperately need more pace up front and a first 11 standard right CB.

On 04/10/2022 at 09:30, gregzy2k7 said:

Atkinson is so better than O'Donnell lol. O'Donnell has only been playing for Scotland because we've literally had no choice. If it was up to me then as great as he's been for Hearts, I'd be letting Smith go at the end of the season and would bring Nicky Devlin in. Atkinson is still the better player, but Devlin would provide some solid backup and competition in that position and would allow us to freely rotate the two of them without worrying about standards dropping. He's a big physical lad who likes to get forward but will burst his arse to get back when needed as well. All that's missing from Atkinson's game is that determination to get back. I think he's a very good young player in all other aspects and will be key for us in the long run. 

RustyRightPeg
On 11/10/2022 at 06:53, Leveins Battalion said:

Not sure who he is doing it for but Christophe Berra was scouting at Livi-Ross County on Saturday, whilst County won Joel Nouble was the best player on the park by a country mile.

He’s just finished his A licence I think going by his LinkedIn. 

Think he’s just enjoying his time away from the game and having the freedom to freelance them. 

11 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Could try signing  Albert Tjaland 

FTFY

It's Haaland's cousin, and apparently he's scoring ridiculous amounts in the youth league in Norway. I would imagine most clubs are probably watching his development :D 

48 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

FTFY

It's Haaland's cousin, and apparently he's scoring ridiculous amounts in the youth league in Norway. I would imagine most clubs are probably watching his development :D 

So we should not even think about trying?

59 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

FTFY

Why can’t we look at him?

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Did he say we shouldn’t or you just trying to troll again? 

Pipe down with that nonsense

I don’t post with the intent to annoy others

therefore by definition I am never trolling 

16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We are threadbare. Being pernickety about signings has killed us over the last 6/7 weeks. 

Said ages ago we should have made signings early on but never bothered 

57 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So we should not even think about trying?

49 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why can’t we look at him?

Didn't say we shouldn't lads. Obviously worth a look if his cousin's talent is anything to go by. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Whoever we sign, they will likely be horseshit.

Lucky we have a manager that has a track record of getting getting shite players who play eye bleeding football to finish 3rd.

It will be our first opportunity to use some of the money we made by qualifying for the Conference League . 

We will also have a good idea of who can and who can not compete at that sort of level

I am expecting some really good next level signings in January 

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It will be our first opportunity to use some of the money we made by qualifying for the Conference League . 

We will also have a good idea of who can and who can not compete at that sort of level

I am expecting some really good next level signings in January 

Got a feeling we will be disappointed 

A 6ft 4" CB with a nose smashed into his pus. 

A tall powerful winger with technique and a belter of a shot aka Rudi mrk II. 

A big strong nasty ******* of a targetman Striker that can actually hold a ball up, link play and score goals. 

17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

A 6ft 4" CB with a nose smashed into his pus. 

A tall powerful winger with technique and a belter of a shot aka Rudi mrk II. 

A big strong nasty ******* of a targetman Striker that can actually hold a ball up, link play and score goals. 

Signing a striker who can score goals

🤣

shankland aside we don’t tend to sign those types of players any more 😂

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Signing a striker who can score goals

🤣

shankland aside we don’t tend to sign those types of players any more 😂

Just for all of us who dont live in your negative head. Could you post one positive thought about the club? Thanks hen

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Whoever we sign, they will likely be horseshit.

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Probably right 

Thats correct is it? 🤔 Based on what? 

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats correct is it? 🤔 Based on what? 

The past 100 + signings in the Budge era.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

The past 100 ÷ signings in the Budge era.

Thats just utter crap though isnt it I8. Nearly used your name there such was the disdain 😏

I'd like us to take "quality over quantity" to an extreme. Sign two players, but make sure they are the best defender at the club, and the best forward at the club. 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats just utter crap though isnt it I8. Nearly used your name there such was the disdain 😏

The vast majority of signings in the past 7 years have been failures. How can you argue this sadj?

Even since 'Saint Savage' came in there are more misses than hits.

Edited by i8hibsh

baron of ness
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The vast majority of signings in the past 7 years have been failures. How can you argue this sadj?

Even since 'Saint Savage' came in there are more misses than failures.

Stop slavering pish.

Grant, Sibbick, Atkinson and Kio all just failures from the past 6 months and they are now regulars. Apart from Atkinson who does have a few good games they all barely reach 5/10 in our own ratings thread after every game.

Very few signings in the Budge era hit anywhere near 100 appearances. Most leave the club under a cloud or get shipped out to lower league outfits. Almost none of them get sold on for profit. How the **** can these be classed as anything but fails?

We have signed numerous strikers who barely scored. Defenders who couldn't defend and complete whimps as midfielders.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***