*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

Doig got kb’d by the likes of St Johnstone and Dunfermline before signing for Hibs. In fact….he was very nearly signing for a Lowland League team before Hibs took a chance on him.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gorgierulesapply88
11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Doig got kb’d by the likes of St Johnstone and Dunfermline before signing for Hibs. In fact….he was very nearly signing for a Lowland League team before Hibs took a chance on him.

The boy Campbell that plays every week for them now was all but away on loan to a Lowland league side.

11 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hope we add a couple in January but it's always a tough window.

From what I've seen in our League so far this season I like the look of Nouble,Armstrong at Killie and Dhanda at County.

We were linked with Dhanda for the last two windows, I was surprised to see him go to county 

21 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

The boy Campbell that plays every week for them now was all but away on loan to a Lowland league side.

Dirty *******. He'll be instrumental in the impending annual mid season implosion at Hibs. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

They'll only have a handful on more than £1-1.5k pw but they might have made exception of course. Looks a very good player and won't be there long IMO. Don't know if I'd go as far as to say that we've missed out but he certainly looks a tidy wee player. 

As someone mentioned above, McGregor has a tendency to remunerate some players off book. 

When you consider the income levels of some clubs in the league then figure you mention has to be about right. Wouldn't be surprised if some first team lads at Livingston are on around £800 per week. 

Phil D. Corners
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

We were linked with Dhanda for the last two windows, I was surprised to see him go to county 

The chat was County offered him a big wedge to bring him North. Can’t see County letting him go unless relegated. 

I missed the game at the weekend, so not sure how he played. Interested to know if he ‘could do a job’? 

3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Gue-sung Cho. Scoring goals for fun in the K league.

Hope of yours? Or do you think he’s someone the club may be looking at?

Folk still calling for Nouble? Sure I heard the commentator in the weekends highlights that it was his 3rd of the season, 2 of which have been against Rangers. I’m sure he’d be a “handful”, but we’ve had plenty of forwards matching that description in the past that didn’t score much, and fans will get on their backs more and more each game they don’t score. So for Nouble’s own sake, he shouldn’t join us to be honest.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hope of yours? Or do you think he’s someone the club may be looking at?

He mentioned at the start of the thread that he is a player we are looking at though we could struggle to sign him if he goes to the World Cup and does well. 

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He mentioned at the start of the thread that he is a player we are looking at though we could struggle to sign him if he goes to the World Cup and does well. 

If he’s going to the World Cup then very unlikely we’d get him anyway, their squad is pretty decent.

1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

The chat was County offered him a big wedge to bring him North. Can’t see County letting him go unless relegated. 

I missed the game at the weekend, so not sure how he played. Interested to know if he ‘could do a job’? 

Set up County's goal.

Had a decent game.

Brave player

gorgierulesapply88
2 hours ago, Sertse said:

I'd like us to look at players elsewhere, Dhanda as decent as he is is he better than every player we have that plays where he does?

Is he a player who can take us to that next level? Now it's about, going up a level not staying where we are.

8 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

My team Molenbeek are now owned by the Crystal Palace owners and after watching them dismantle Lierse with ease last night and Beveren the week before I think they will be in the Jupiler next season.  Some really decent players who would be worth a scouting visit

Jake O Brien RCB Ireland

Luis Oyama Centre Midfield Japanese 

Challouk Left Wing Belgian

Biron Striker/10 Martinique blistering pace

Biron played at Nancy under Stendel, one of the few player's that looked decent was only a loan though.

But as you say very fast,weaknesses doesn't like to use his left foot.

But would definitely strengthen our team.

Your lot paid 2.25 mil for him.

Done decent there KV paid 4.5 mil for him.

But some very good names on there impressed 👍.

8 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

He looked dangerous on the ball at times, very lively and noticeably stood out. However, that's compared to the rest of the Ross county side so I'm not sure how much that's worth.

7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Folk still calling for Nouble? Sure I heard the commentator in the weekends highlights that it was his 3rd of the season, 2 of which have been against Rangers. I’m sure he’d be a “handful”, but we’ve had plenty of forwards matching that description in the past that didn’t score much, and fans will get on their backs more and more each game they don’t score. So for Nouble’s own sake, he shouldn’t join us to be honest.

I honestly still think the nouble chat is because he played well against the hobos. Doesn't look good enough for our level to me.

Leveins Battalion
15 minutes ago, Sertse said:

He looked dangerous on the ball at times, very lively and noticeably stood out. However, that's compared to the rest of the Ross county side so I'm not sure how much that's worth.

Yep I would agree,I also think Dhanda would look better playing with better players like Mackay,Devlin Snodgrass etc.

Being a technical ball player in that County side must be brutal,Malky Mackay is not exactly known for his swash buckling teams.

Phil D. Corners
29 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

I honestly still think the nouble chat is because he played well against the hobos. Doesn't look good enough for our level to me.

Hibs and he played well and scored against Rangers on TV. That’s enough to have him rumoured for the next six windows I imagine.

9 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Reminds me of Uche, where he was strong and quick enough to be a bit of a handful for defenders and that made him look really good - but when it actually came down to it, he couldn't do much else. I can totally see Nouble doing one of those stepovers that Uche did at Hickey's goal at ER 😆

Edited by Batistuta87

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yep I would agree,I also think Dhanda would look better playing with better players like Mackay,Devlin Snodgrass etc.

Being a technical ball player in that County side must be brutal,Malky Mackay is not exactly known for his swash buckling teams.

I think we need to focus less on signing players who will be made to look or play better by playing alongside guys like Snodgrass. What i would really like to see is us getting players in who will drag Mackay, Devlin, Halkett etc to even better levels of performances.

Edited by Nookie Bear

22 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hope we add a couple in January but it's always a tough window.

From what I've seen in our League so far this season I like the look of Nouble,Armstrong at Killie and Dhanda at County.

Agree with some who say we should be aiming higher than nicking players from SPL bottom sixers - I'd say that's true the majority of the time, but occasionally a smaller team will pull out an absolute gem of a player who does well and ends up falling into the "could do a job" category. We've just taken Forrest from Livi but Ross County for example had RCC and Hungbo last season who could have played for us - now they have Dhanda. I'd take Levitt, Duk, Besuijin right now if the opportunity presented itself.

Elsewhere in the league, I'd be keeping an eye on Ethan Erhahon (St Mirren), Dylan Reid (also St Mirren) and Connor Barron (Aberdeen). Slattery and Tierney at Motherwell are interesting too. 

There's value to be had. Ideally we need to mix tried and tested SPL players with bigger signings from other leagues. 

Edited by Batistuta87

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think we need to focus less on signing players who will be made to look or play better by playing alongside guys like Snodgrass. What i would really like to see is us getting players in who will drag Mackay, Devlin, Halkett etc to even better levels of performances.

Snodgrass?

16 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Some of the best signings we have ever made have come from lesser teams within Scottish Football.

There is gems everywhere,Andy Webster came from Arbroath,Hartley was in the 1st Division, Cameron at Raith Rovers.

We have been burned with the John McGinn deal,pretty clear he wanted to come to Hearts,however we went down the foreigner route with El Hassenoui and Kenny Anderson,Pallardo.I know which player I would of rather of signed, and he player for a team "near the bottom of the league in Scotland"....

These seem to be the only examples anyone ever produces when this topic is mentioned. That was years and years ago. Apart from those who have we really signed from the lower Scottish leagues since then who have gone on to be key players for us. Templeton to an extent is possibly the only one I can think of.

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think Snodgrass has already done that.

See against Celtic, it was Snoddy who was leading our team.  He was demanding we got higher up the park and got closer to Celtic - he spent the whole game cojoling the rest of the team to be more brave on and off the ball - exaclty what we (and Robbie tbf) have been asking for.  His experience and confidence are massive for the boys around him.  I was really impressed with that aspect of his game.  He just didn't let the rest of the team drop off or play within themselves like we have in previous "underdog" games.

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree with some who say we should be aiming higher than nicking players from SPL bottom sixers - I'd say that's true the majority of the time, but occasionally a smaller team will pull out an absolute gem of a player who does well and ends up falling into the "could do a job" category. We've just taken Forrest from Livi but Ross County for example had RCC and Hungbo last season who could have played for us - now they have Dhanda. I'd take Levitt, Duk, Besuijin right now if the opportunity presented itself.

Elsewhere in the league, I'd be keeping an eye on Ethan Erhahon (St Mirren), Dylan Reid (also St Mirren) and Connor Barron (Aberdeen). Slattery and Tierney at Motherwell are interesting too. 

There's value to be had. Ideally we need to mix tried and tested SPL players with bigger signings from other leagues. 

I like Erhanon. He’s a top prospect. 

37 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Reminds me of Uche, where he was strong and quick enough to be a bit of a handful for defenders and that made him look really good - but when it actually came down to it, he couldn't do much else. I can totally see Nouble doing one of those stepovers that Uche did at Hickey's goal at ER 😆

Ikpeazu comes to my mind too. Except he scored more than Nouble does (and has throughout his entire career) I appreciated Ikpeazu though, I genuinely think his abilities worked well to create space for others and his work ethic was second to none. Nouble is similar in that most of his work his not goal based. But like Ikpeazu, the fans won’t appreciate what he does for the team, which is why I think it’s a signing that would never work out. He would never get the goals needed and fans would be on his back after two games.

Incidentally, Ikpeazu not getting much of a look in in the Turkish Super Lig. Has played 8 games totalling 63 minutes, all substitute appearances. Most he’s played in any one game was the last one where he came on for the last 18 minutes. In which he got an assist though, so an assist every 68 minutes isn’t terrible I suppose.

26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ikpeazu comes to my mind too. Except he scored more than Nouble does (and has throughout his entire career) I appreciated Ikpeazu though, I genuinely think his abilities worked well to create space for others and his work ethic was second to none. Nouble is similar in that most of his work his not goal based. But like Ikpeazu, the fans won’t appreciate what he does for the team, which is why I think it’s a signing that would never work out. He would never get the goals needed and fans would be on his back after two games.

Incidentally, Ikpeazu not getting much of a look in in the Turkish Super Lig. Has played 8 games totalling 63 minutes, all substitute appearances. Most he’s played in any one game was the last one where he came on for the last 18 minutes. In which he got an assist though, so an assist every 68 minutes isn’t terrible I suppose.

My thoughts exactly but other players didn't seem alive to the possibilities.  That said, I wouldn't try to turn the clock back now.

Absolute Scenes
16 hours ago, OTT said:

The McGinn one is a really bad one. I would like to see us looking at the Championship or bottom end Premiership for any young talent we think can make the step up. We're probably already doing that tbf, Lewis Neilson is proof of that but there are probably more we could snap up too. 

Dylan Reid and Jay Henderson at St Mirren both seem to be highly rated and out of contract at the end of the season, fair enough will need to pay a development fee, but worth it for the right player? Dylan Levitt and Archie Meekison are both out of contract at the end of next season too. 

I wish folk would stop harking on about Levitt. Already proven to be a dud and been part of one of the worst performing United teams i can remember

58 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

See against Celtic, it was Snoddy who was leading our team.  He was demanding we got higher up the park and got closer to Celtic - he spent the whole game cojoling the rest of the team to be more brave on and off the ball - exaclty what we (and Robbie tbf) have been asking for.  His experience and confidence are massive for the boys around him.  I was really impressed with that aspect of his game.  He just didn't let the rest of the team drop off or play within themselves like we have in previous "underdog" games.

...been missing this IMO. A bit like Naismith used to be... really think Snodgrass will be a cracking player for us.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I like Erhanon. He’s a top prospect. 

He's going to be very good I think. Out of contract at the end of the season but under 23 so would require a development fee. One well worth looking at though. 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Totally agree with this.  Wouldn't say he's been outstanding by any means but he's been commanding, he's been smart and has done lots of little things that some people might not notice. There was a wee moment away to Motherwell where he played a tiny 5yd backwards pass to hold up play just enough to get men forward to support the move, then turned and moved the ball forwards - as if he was saying to whoever passed it to him "not yet - ok now". A less experienced player might have excitedly turned and attacked early, but they wouldn't have had anyone in support and would have ran into trouble. 

He's also hilarious, so I'm sure will be good for the dressing room. I imagine there'll be plenty laughs between him, Halliday and Gino.

On 15/10/2022 at 17:19, Bongo 1874 said:

We have a squad of 28 player's.

That is more than good enough. 

Not when our B team get battered in our domestic games it's not - there's always room to improve. We don't need more players we just need better players.

Was going to comment about our injuries as well but think that speaks for itself.

50 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I wish folk would stop harking on about Levitt. Already proven to be a dud and been part of one of the worst performing United teams i can remember

Haven't seen much from him this season tbf. Although he's not been fantastic himself I'd say he's no better than Grant. 

44 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's going to be very good I think. Out of contract at the end of the season but under 23 so would require a development fee. One well worth looking at though. 

Totally agree with this.  Wouldn't say he's been outstanding by any means but he's been commanding, he's been smart and has done lots of little things that some people might not notice. There was a wee moment away to Motherwell where he played a tiny 5yd backwards pass to hold up play just enough to get men forward to support the move, then turned and moved the ball forwards - as if he was saying to whoever passed it to him "not yet - ok now". A less experienced player might have excitedly turned and attacked early, but they wouldn't have had anyone in support and would have ran into trouble. 

He's also hilarious, so I'm sure will be good for the dressing room. I imagine there'll be plenty laughs between him, Halliday and Gino.

Yep, throughout his career, he's always been very popular hasn't he

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Would be good to see a couple of early arrivals from the East, akin to last season with Atkinson

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

👏👏

I’d imagine we’ll be trying to get Humphrys tied up on a deal at some point. He’s out of contract in the summer from what I can see

will-i-am-a-jambo
19 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Gue-sung Cho. Scoring goals for fun in the K league.

Has he not been linked with a move to Celtic?

Would like to see us try and get the Australian lad Tilio at Melbourne city, he has been mentioned a couple of times in the SATF podcast and looks a really decent prospect on the right wing, could be a decent replacement for GMS, watched the game against wellington pheonix on the weekend and he got on the score sheet, I feel he would have a good link up with Atkinson and might suit our system well.

Bazzas right boot

Once Utd get relegated we should still go for Levitt.

Unlikely in January tho.

No one else has really impressed over the longer term in Scotland tbh.

jamboinglasgow
7 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Would be good to see a couple of early arrivals from the East, akin to last season with Atkinson

Yeah would hope we would do that. Especially with the leagues finished. I see according to reports in Japan, Celtic have had a bid accepted for a Japanese centre back, so things can be done now.

Would probably take Nouble from Livingston, if we could get him for a good price, just from the perspective that we don't have another player like that at the club. Would offer something different.

5 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Would probably take Nouble from Livingston, if we could get him for a good price, just from the perspective that we don't have another player like that at the club. Would offer something different.

God I hope not.

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

God I hope not.

I've liked what I've seen, but equally he might be one of these players that only Martindale can get a tune out of.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, johnking123 said:

God I hope not.

Yeah, he's a bit shite.

No idea why folk think this type of player is what we should be looking at it if we are trying improve. 

He's not as good as Boyce or Shankland,  wouldn't improve us.

I hope our scouting network has a bigger net.

2 in 26 for livi

4 in 20 for Arbroath 

Almost 27 years old.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, he's a bit shite.

No idea why folk think this type of player is what we should be looking at it if we are trying improve. 

He's not as good as Boyce or Shankland,  wouldn't improve us.

I hope our scouting network has a bigger net.

Yeah like Robbie wanting Stendel's ex player's yeah.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah like Robbie wanting Stendel's ex player's yeah.

Don't understand that.

10 hours ago, Martin_T said:

The guys murder!!!!!! 😱😱

10 hours ago, johnking123 said:

God I hope not.

Ach i kinda get why people would like Nouble and I think sometimes you need a guy who can change things.  He can stretch teams and pin them, and we have players that can work off that.  And I also think we wouldn't sign that type of player as a first choice, so is it hard to recruit real top quality of his type in that case - ie would you assign a big chunk of budget to it?

That said, I'd like to think we could find better.  Simms for example kind of similar type of player in the job we'd want from him - bully defenders, be direct, create havoc for others, chip in with goals.  And I'd say Ellis is more the quality we should aim for, albeit harder to find and convince as we experienced with the man himself!!

So wouldn't be against Nouble to be on the bench or play against Livingston, St Johnstone etc where we feel we'd like a bit more presence, but not sure it'd be exciting.  A squad is the sum of its parts though, so bring him in but also sign a total baller Korean please!!!!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***