*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

jamboinglasgow
14 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

All the signals seem to indicate Lee Seung Woo will arrive. There is a gap to fill and I firmly believe he will fill it.

Josh Mulligan also meets the profile we look at, would imagine we will bung Dundee a few dollars in January, or simply wait until next summer.

On Porteous, because of his size, wouldn't surprise me to see him follow McKenna, who has done very well for Forest to the point, think he will be a miss for Scotland on Tuesday

Yeah, i was hopeful before of Seung-Woo coming in January, but talk of Hearts being confident he will sign and listening him in his interview where he effective says that he will look for a move in January if the right offer comes along makes me much more optimistic.

There was talk among Dundee fans last month that we had been in talks with Mulligan. Interesting to see if any truth comes from that.

Porteous is a player who I think is very over-rated. But I think if he was to move to the right club down south, and coach him right there is a player to work with.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You will also remember what Danny Swanson,  said when he left to join St Johnstone.

And for what it's worth the 5 teams at the top of league 1, would give us a game.

No I do not remember . Do you mean this

Danny concedes he found his time at Tynecastle difficult.

“I found it really hard at Hearts. Shortly after I signed for them, I was on a night out in a nightclub in town when two Hibs’ fans came up to me and proper abused me.

13 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Ah gotcha. That's pish. Glad to see you back mate. 

Have a feeling Devlin will do well at the World Cup and will subsequently attract some attention so I'm kinda bracing myself for that. Henderson and Smith will have a big few months ahead of them and need to be tested in a few games before making a decision in Jan (👋🏻 IMO). Pollock has apparently been offered a 3y deal. 

I think pollock has a lot of attacking qualities, maybe im bias because he plays for us,he's very aggressive and is one of the few player's that knows how to properly press opposition player's. 

His aggressiveness to win the ball back set up this goal .

Clever wee player that said anytime I've seen the young ones play ,Connor Smith is the exact same ,hungry and knows how to press opponents. 

Good attacking qualities, confidence is a massive thing for these lads , they will make mistakes, but it's about picking themselves up and taking the bumps ,that goes with professional football .

What impresses me here is Connors desire to get back in and help the team ,he's genuinely an attacking player ,but he's prepared to sacrifice that part of his game late on to ensure we got the 3 points. 

I prefer young player's over older as they are easier to coach,and they are hungry to achieve the absolute best.

That said you do have to get the right balance, and there's nothing wrong with having an older head .

We have the best academy in Scotland,  i would argue that with anybody.

Hopefully we can produce the goods and reap the rewards that go with it .

Henderson I've always liked him and Andy were Stendel favourites. 

Again he's a confidence player's you won't here me criticising, the player's alot if they are giving 100% to the club and fans .

There has been games they haven't gave it there very best and 100% for Robbie and I've called it out ,I'm not Robbies biggest supporter that you know .

But he deserves 100% from the player's every game .

I like Henderson because he's direct ,can get in behind .

Edited by Bongo 1874

I wouldn't surprised to see Sibbick heading back down south and GMS, Smith, Pollock and Henderson all heading out on loan.

Another forward and a right sided centre back and we'd be in good shape for the run-in.

27 minutes ago, andrew said:

I wouldn't surprised to see Sibbick heading back down south and GMS, Smith, Pollock and Henderson all heading out on loan.

Another forward and a right sided centre back and we'd be in good shape for the run-in.

It’s always hard to guess what will happen in a winter window but none of the things you’ve mentioned would surprise me. 

1 hour ago, andrew said:

I'd like to see us well topped up with good squad for the tail end to the season when injuries/suspensions and a bit of tiredness/staleness can kick in making it harder to pick up points post split - as we saw last season.

2 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

I'd like to see us well topped up with good squad for the tail end to the season when injuries/suspensions and a bit of tiredness/staleness can kick in making it harder to pick up points post split - as we saw last season.

We mainly saw that because the last 5 league matches were meaningless to us imo. Our real slump seemed to happen Jan/Feb. 

gorgierulesapply88
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We mainly saw that because the last 5 league matches were meaningless to us imo. Our real slump seemed to happen Jan/Feb. 

No game of football is meaningless. Winning breeds confidence, we went into that Rangers game and looked shot. Boyce went off the game was dead infact so was he.

25 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

No game of football is meaningless. Winning breeds confidence, we went into that Rangers game and looked shot. Boyce went off the game was dead infact so was he.

They weren't worth risking players in so playing some fringe players was the right decision imo. 

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The slump coincided with Halkett being out injured, we were back to winning ways as soon as he was (rushed) back.

A problem we still don't seem to have fixed yet.

9 hours ago, andrew said:

The slump coincided with Halkett being out injured, we were back to winning ways as soon as he was (rushed) back.

Tbf, we have no idea if it's fixed yet. Rowles, Kingsley and Halkett have all been injured in a fairly short period of time.

Francis Albert
16 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Some games are more meaningful than others. Some of  Robbie's team selections seem to suggest he thinks so.

9 hours ago, andrew said:

tbf Rowles looks a very good player and got a bit of a freak (impact) injury, so a solution to that issue has been taken away for a bit too.  Neilson has done superbly and we've had a couple of clean sheets (albeit a lucky one against Motherwell!!)

You are totally correct though, our form slumped, and did again this season, when Halks was out.

He's a massive, massive player for us.

I think that was when Beni had a spell out injured as well or was just getting back and it took a bit to adjust, unless I'm wrong there.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Benni and Halks could play for any team in Scotland and i include the Old Firm,both are class.

Agreed.  We're probably going to be safe with Halks.  He perhaps strikes me as one of these extremely effective players who go under the radar a little.  Lots of CHs like this daaan saaaf at teams like Burnley etc that prob could have done just fine at bigger clubs.  Ben Mee and shit like that.  Even Johnny Evans to an extent, ended up a very valuable player for Leicester but no one bigger came and took him back up to that level.  Halks reminds me of that type.

Beni may be a different story.  If he stays fit for a full season it may be enjoy him while we have him tyoe stuff.  That's fine.  We want guys who can go on to big things.  I guess the galling bit is nowadays "big things" can be Luton!

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed.  We're probably going to be safe with Halks.  He perhaps strikes me as one of these extremely effective players who go under the radar a little.  Lots of CHs like this daaan saaaf at teams like Burnley etc that prob could have done just fine at bigger clubs.  Ben Mee and shit like that.  Even Johnny Evans to an extent, ended up a very valuable player for Leicester but no one bigger came and took him back up to that level.  Halks reminds me of that type.

Beni may be a different story.  If he stays fit for a full season it may be enjoy him while we have him tyoe stuff.  That's fine.  We want guys who can go on to big things.  I guess the galling bit is nowadays "big things" can be Luton!

Halkett is one of the most underrated players in the league. Stick him in the middle of a back three and don't ask him to do anything fancy.  There won't be many better to do the dirty work of winning headers and making blocks and tackles.

Edited by andrew

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So, back to transfers...has anyone considered Callum Paterson?

Oh god no.. Far to risky and not any better than we have. Regressed massively. Will find better.

On 27/09/2022 at 11:16, Bongo 1874 said:

I think pollock has a lot of attacking qualities, maybe im bias because he plays for us,he's very aggressive and is one of the few player's that knows how to properly press opposition player's. 

His aggressiveness to win the ball back set up this goal .

Clever wee player that said anytime I've seen the young ones play ,Connor Smith is the exact same ,hungry and knows how to press opponents. 

Good attacking qualities, confidence is a massive thing for these lads , they will make mistakes, but it's about picking themselves up and taking the bumps ,that goes with professional football .

What impresses me here is Connors desire to get back in and help the team ,he's genuinely an attacking player ,but he's prepared to sacrifice that part of his game late on to ensure we got the 3 points. 

I prefer young player's over older as they are easier to coach,and they are hungry to achieve the absolute best.

That said you do have to get the right balance, and there's nothing wrong with having an older head .

We have the best academy in Scotland,  i would argue that with anybody.

Hopefully we can produce the goods and reap the rewards that go with it .

Henderson I've always liked him and Andy were Stendel favourites. 

Again he's a confidence player's you won't here me criticising, the player's alot if they are giving 100% to the club and fans .

There has been games they haven't gave it there very best and 100% for Robbie and I've called it out ,I'm not Robbies biggest supporter that you know .

But he deserves 100% from the player's every game .

I like Henderson because he's direct ,can get in behind .

I like Pollock a lot. He played really well in this game despite being positioned un-naturally wide and deep. I'd play him as a 10 personally. Right smack in the middle of the pitch, ahead of our holding midfielders and behind Shankland. That will to win the ball and immediately to turn towards the oppositions goal is something I really like in a player and like you say he is clever and reads the game well. Big fan, and having Snodgrass here playing that role as well should teach him a lot. 

Smith is another who was excellent in pre-season but they play similar positions and I prefer Pollock. He's quite tricky so wondered if he could maybe be shaped into a winger and he played LW v Spartans and played well (although no disrespect but I'm very away it was Spartans and not Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee Utd). Scott McGill will be breathing down his neck too. 

I like Henderson too - he seems a very nice kid, is so quick, and he works his socks off. Just yet to see that end product we're constantly told he has, and then I'm looking towards MacKenzie Kirk and wondering if perhaps he's better.

Aside from those above I haven't seen much of our remaining Academy squad. Stone was disappointing the last time I watched him but I'm staying confident that he has something and will be worth holding onto. 

10 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Benni and Halks could play for any team in Scotland and i include the Old Firm,both are class.

Yip 👍🏻

+ Devlin

+ McKay 

+ Gordon 

We're no bad the now like.

On 26/09/2022 at 23:24, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, i was hopeful before of Seung-Woo coming in January, but talk of Hearts being confident he will sign and listening him in his interview where he effective says that he will look for a move in January if the right offer comes along makes me much more optimistic.

There was talk among Dundee fans last month that we had been in talks with Mulligan. Interesting to see if any truth comes from that.

Porteous is a player who I think is very over-rated. But I think if he was to move to the right club down south, and coach him right there is a player to work with.

Not saw much of him but stats wise he looks impressive. Would be good to swoop in there if we can. 

I like to see Hearts in the market for young Scottish players.

gorgierulesapply88
17 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

What would it take to get Porteous in January

:helmet:

Hibs have offered 10k and captaincy. He's rejected that.

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

So, back to transfers...has anyone considered Callum Paterson?

Uumm, good idea. 

1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Hibs have offered 10k and captaincy. He's rejected that.

Imagine him as your captain!!

Let's not let a half decent performance (or more accurately 90 minutes where he hid his true self!) mask what this guy is.

If he can get away from Hibs and get some focus and make a go of himself, absolutely well done to the guy, but there's more evidence, based on Porteous himself and a whole line of neerdowells before him to suggest he's basically an overrated chav thug.

I reckon I've seen him full game 10-15 times and Tues night is the first time I've seen him where he hasn't made at least one blatant error which has led to either a goal or a shoulabeenagoal. Also first time I've seen him where he hasn't spent the whole game concentrating on cheating instead of doing his job.  A corner turned?  Na, if anything just an environment where he can't be billy big baws and he knows it.  He tries to be a flat track bully in Scotland but he isn't clever or good enough to do it.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Imagine him as your captain!!

Let's not let a half decent performance (or more accurately 90 minutes where he hid his true self!) mask what this guy is.

If he can get away from Hibs and get some focus and make a go of himself, absolutely well done to the guy, but there's more evidence, based on Porteous himself and a whole line of neerdowells before him to suggest he's basically an overrated chav thug.

I reckon I've seen him full game 10-15 times and Tues night is the first time I've seen him where he hasn't made at least one blatant error which has led to either a goal or a shoulabeenagoal. Also first time I've seen him where he hasn't spent the whole game concentrating on cheating instead of doing his job.  A corner turned?  Na, if anything just an environment where he can't be billy big baws and he knows it.  He tries to be a flat track bully in Scotland but he isn't clever or good enough to do it.

Saw an article today saying he can be Scotland Captain. He does have a good game every so often and people base his ability on that not the other games where he is reckless, terrible on the ball (though I thought he was poor on the ball on Tuesday night) and a potential liability.

30 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

A corner turned?  Na, if anything just an environment where he can't be billy big baws and he knows it.  He tries to be a flat track bully in Scotland but he isn't clever or good enough to do it.

Good post BigO! I feel the same.... in fact, I always got the impression he was trying to be the new broonaldo. Seems to want to appeal to the lowest in the h1b5 support. These types don't change - and there's a looonnnggg list of them that's come from the methadome in the past. Y'know... a bit of 'talent'  that in the right circumstances, can be nurtured... 'nah, I'd rather be a feckin ned - billy-big-baws'. He'll go the same way as the thumb, o'riorden, stokes etc. etc. etc. 

jamboinglasgow

I see we are doing more recruitment of staff to build up the recruitment team.

We are looking for a technical scout and a data analyst who will work together.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/key-links/careers

(the links below show the full requirements for the roles)

https://trainingground.guru/jobs-listings/technical-scout-hearts

https://trainingground.guru/jobs-listings/data-analyst-hearts

59 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

No need. just sign players on free transfers, offer them £2k - £4k a week and tell them to believe. Jobs a good un. 🤣

21 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

No need. just sign players on free transfers, offer them £2k - £4k a week and tell them to believe. Jobs a good un. 🤣

Double it. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Real world Football Manager. What a job !! 

Spud from Trainspotting need not apply.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Certainly is.

I think its a great sign that we are increasing the size of our recruitment team. From 2 main positions (head of recruitment and Lead recruitment analyst) plus a couple of scouts. Our recruitment has been great, especially last window (in regards to quality of signing (I cant argue that any signing has been a average or bad signing.)) So adding in Technical scout and a data analyst who will also be looking at new players and providing details analysis means that we can look at more players and find more ideal signings. Plus there was talk that we are looking to have more scouts around the world, if I remember we will have at least one in England, one that covers Europe and one that would cover Australia (but also can go to games in Asia.)  

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I actually do data analytics and insight now but not in football. Might drop a CV in for the fun of it 😂

Don't think wages are great though. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

He's already got the Hibs job...

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Need a higher quality of player. Doesn't come cheap. 

apologies but my sarcasm just hadn't come across.

I 100% agree. The more money you pay (transfer fees or wages) - the better player you're likely to get - and by that I mean more consistent and more ability to impose themselves on opposition.

hardly a coincidence that man city went from languishing in the lower echelons of the EPL to where they are now thanks to billions pumped into their club.

Got chatting to one of the other dads on holiday and turns out he's a football agent based in Chester and that his company has two ex-Jambos and a few other players up here, but his sort of area if expertise is with younger players in England. Used to play for Kilmarnock himself before retiring with an injury. Showed me photos on his phone of his clients signing with us etc and knew a lot about us. I've also looked him up to confirm legitimacy 😂. Is close to Jig from Killie days and knows Andy Halliday because he and Jig are best pals - said he's the only reason he signed for Hearts and had good offers down south. Anyway he told me Hearts have money and were offering up to £8k pw during the summer window but were priced out of moves for a couple of very good players. Says we two have players on that sort of money already (Boyce one of them), and that the average is about £4-5k pw in the first team which is 3 or 4 times more than the likes of Ross County (he has a player there too) and Livi pay their top earners. I mentioned I'd heard we were close to Glatzel on loan which he said was true and that he basically shat it and didn't fancy the challenge. Has already been told he's being released by Liverpool at the end of the season and took the easy job basically. Anyway, wont be going into too much more detail but was a very interesting chat at the bar while the kids were running around at the disco 😂

Edited by Batistuta87

Jambo 4 Ever
On 28/09/2022 at 07:53, Leveins Battalion said:

Both are injury prone 

I see George Brown ( lead recruitment analyst ) ex ger  has left us.

Hopefully we get someone to replace him  who isn't going to sabotage this window 😛

I'm now thinking we are short/weak in 3 positions, 

I feel we need a

CH - a solid and Experienced pro who can play in a back 4.

RB - someone who is a solid player and a good bit younger than Smith, as I have no faith in Atkinson, I would personally go for Stephen O'Donnell or Nicky Devlin.

LW - hopefully the boy Seung Woo, we just really need someone who can push McKay for a starting place if he is not performing.

If we get that, plus with beni coming back after xmas then I think we will get 3rd again.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***