• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Once we finish 2nd we should knick Morelos and Kent. 

Take Porteous as well, Bob can develop him and sell him for millions - worth the gamble just for the possible seethe. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Take Porteous as well, Bob can develop him and sell him for millions - worth the gamble just for the possible seethe. 

The meltdown of meltdowns.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, lost in space said:

That's a long time for us to wait for our next defensive mid!!

Yes, I know, "give it a rest FFS"!!

Plenty time to scout hundreds tho. 

57 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Wouldn’t need any coaching. If we signed him he’d suddenly be the best centre back in Scotland overnight 😏

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Wouldn’t need any coaching. If we signed him he’d suddenly be the best centre back in Scotland overnight 😏

😂👍

54 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Wonder if the South Korean lad is still being looked at

I believe he is and we are confident of getting him 

3rd time lucky

14 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I believe he is and we are confident of getting him 

3rd time lucky

He’s been available on a pre-contract for months. He was available on a pre contract in the summer when we first looked at him. Everything the boy has said publicly indicates he is staying in SK

Scored two nice goals last week and is pushing for their Golden boot and  a WC spot. Contracts are a bit different in SK so we’ll see I suppose, but I seriously doubt he is coming to Hearts when it’s going so well for him where he is and he’s already failed in Europe. Doesn’t look strong enough to me either.

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aw jesus, close this thread. Too soon and I can't handle the insanity before Halloween. 

Here’s a thought. Mods ? A ‘hide’ thread option ?

11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s been available on a pre-contract for months. He was available on a pre contract in the summer when we first looked at him. Everything the boy has said publicly indicates he is staying in SK

Scored two nice goals last week and is pushing for their Golden boot and  a WC spot. Contracts are a bit different in SK so we’ll see I suppose, but I seriously doubt he is coming to Hearts when it’s going so well for him where he is and he’s already failed in Europe. Doesn’t look strong enough to me either.

Only going by what our DOF said in Riga 🙁

I wonder if the recruitment team are keeping an eye on Josh Mulligan at Dundee. He's a 19 year old right sided forward who has started the last two Scotland U21 games, one of which he scored in. Looks like he has the right physique and attitude to progress in the next few years. Contract at Dundee runs out at the end of the season but I imagine a development fee would be required. He scored against Hibs last season which is always a bonus.

Leveins Battalion
15 minutes ago, Forza Tertz said:

I wonder if the recruitment team are keeping an eye on Josh Mulligan at Dundee. He's a 19 year old right sided forward who has started the last two Scotland U21 games, one of which he scored in. Looks like he has the right physique and attitude to progress in the next few years. Contract at Dundee runs out at the end of the season but I imagine a development fee would be required. He scored against Hibs last season which is always a bonus.

Been told we are interested in him and Nouble.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Last I saw, there is confusion over whether he is out of contract or not at the end of the season among a couple of South Korean football accounts I found (there is a list normally put out by the Korean FA of players whose contracts end at the season and his name is not on it, but they are not sure if it does mean he is out of contract as there is a possibility they dont list players who came from foreign teams. 

Also I dont think what he says has indicated he is staying in South Korea. It came across as the generic statement a player puts when linked with a move, says they want to stay with the team and work hard, because they are not going to come out and say they want to move only for it to fall apart and stuck at their current club having annoyed supporters and management. Everything seemed to point to that the club just didn't want him to go mid season as he was their most important player.

I do hope if we do get him that we look to get everything signed before the window opens, so it gives plenty time for a work permit to get through.

Also wonder if he will be the only Asian player we target in January, as it appears that this the best time to target the Asian market as its post-season.

25 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Nouble pre contract. 

Yeah, hopefully get that one sorted. Sounded like we were keen over the summer. Fingers crossed not missed the boat on this one. 

I like their CB Obileye too. Although, between Halkett and Neilson, we probably don’t need another. 

7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Nouble has a one year extension clause in his contract. Would not be for free.

Is the clause his choice or Livis?

We surely must be looking to move GMS on now? I think he is only contracted until next summer? if we can shift him and bring in a decent winger who scores and contributes more towards goals then we will be in a good place imo

Apart from that I am happy with our current squad really as long as we don't lose anyone else.

38 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We are not after Nouble. Possibly another south Korean. But will need another win be able to afford him.

I love the good honest approach of that ……… its like putting in the over time to pay for a new car 😄 

40 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We are not after Nouble. Possibly another south Korean. But will need another win be able to afford him.

Interesting! 

After the deals for the Japanese and other South Korean didn’t come to pass, I hope we’re not gearing up for more of the same. Can’t imagine it’s time we’ll spent. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Yeah, hopefully get that one sorted. Sounded like we were keen over the summer. Fingers crossed not missed the boat on this one. 

I like their CB Obileye too. Although, between Halkett and Neilson, we probably don’t need another. 

Please no!

We should offer porteous a deal just to piss them off and drive up their offer. I already think Neilson is better but he needs someone to clean his boots and get the car warm for when he's finished training.

Be interesting to see who turns up. Obviously everyone is replaceable with better players. Perhaps with the exception of goalkeeping. 

Definitely need another center half or a better upgrade. 

We really lack a Jamie walker in midfield or someone who isn't afraid to have a shot on goal from outside the box.

Still don't get modern football. Too much tippy tappy not enough head down take a man on and cross it into the box. With midfielders who can anticipate the 2nd ball and recycle it or score from said cross. 

Think in shankland we have a more complete forward line up. Just missing the missing link in midfield imo

jamboinglasgow

Searching youtube I came across this interview with Seung-Woo Lee from two weeks ago.

He was asked about the interest from us (from 17:12.) He confirmed talks happened but it was half way through the season and it was not in the interest of his club for him to leave at that point (which he was happy to go with the interests of the club,) that it didn't go through.

From elsewhere in his interview he was asked why he moved back to the K-League this season rather than go else where in Europe. He said it was that he wanted to play regularly to gain a place at the World Cup. At the end he was asked if would go back to Europe at the end of season and basically said yes if the right offer came along (and seemed to indicate though its down to his club accepting the offer.) 

Overall, it came across as a guy who would come back but his club would need to have an acceptable offer, but the fact we offered half way through the season was the problem. Definitely explains why Joe Savage is confident about getting him in January (from PTBCAL's post.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***